What happened to John Carpenter?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jason_Krueger
I haven't really seen much of him in a while, last film of his i remember was Ghosts of Mars which was gay so he might be hiding out from enraged fans or something I dunno but has anyone heard any news of whether or not he's resurfacing with a new movie?.....I know The Fog remake is coming out but I don't think he's gonna be apart of that.

beta-wolf_101
I hope he comes out with something kickass soon

Evil Dead
he is currently producing a short for the Masters of Horror anthology........called Cigarette Burns. He has signed on to direct Psychopath and The 13th Apostle.........both movies slated to be released next year.

Jason_Krueger
I've heard about that masters of horror thing all over the place....what is it exactly?

Evil Dead
It's an anthology series for Showtime. It will be in the same vein as The Twilight Zone and Tales From the Crypt.

Already confirmed to take part in writing/directing episodes are:

Dario Argento
Don Coscarelli
George Romero
John Carpenter
John Landis
Rob Zombie
Roger Corman
Tobe Hooper

Jason_Krueger
Do you have any idea when it will be aired?

Evil Dead
I don't know the official start date............sometime in the fall.......probably september-october. I think they are doing 13 episodes so that sounds about the right time to start a season. You might be able to find something more on google.

Evil Dead
oh yeah......no need to order Showtime to get it. They have already said they will be releasing a box set after the first season. I've got HBO, CineMax, Starz and Encore........I'll be damned if I'm going to pay more money for a worthless station like Showtime just to watch this series.

Jason_Krueger
I've already got Showtime so thats cool for me....thanx for the info it should be good.........oh I found a site http://www.sho.com/site/mastersofhorror/home.do

Pandemoniac
Originally posted by Evil Dead
It's an anthology series for Showtime. It will be in the same vein as The Twilight Zone and Tales From the Crypt.

Already confirmed to take part in writing/directing episodes are:

Dario Argento
Don Coscarelli
George Romero
John Carpenter
John Landis
Rob Zombie
Roger Corman
Tobe Hooper

Sounds good! Been missing them Twilight Zone days...

golem370
He is working on a 9th Halloween

beta-wolf_101
Oh I think they've beat that dead horse enough don't you?

beta-wolf_101
Oh I hope not they've beat that dead horse quite enough ya know?

golem370
Well the 4 5 6 7 8 movie was kinda stupid but the original directors are on the new one

MildPossession
Where have you got this Halloween 9 stuff from, I haven't heard of any official Carpenter making Halloween 9 news...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.