spiderman vs cyclops

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spiderboy5
who wins this match?

jgiant
spiderman takes this, to fast, agile and strong.

spiderboy5
but if spidey wants to hit cyclops, he would have to go close to him which givs cyke a oppertunity to blast him to death. it doesnt matter if spidey is fast and agile, once he gets hit its all over.

anybody disagree pls talk!

Blair Wind
depends on distance...

jgiant
spiderman could just web him from a distance and while he is trying to get out he could give scott one good punch and its over.

EsteemedLeader
spidey is awesome

spiderboy5
i thought of that too, but i think that scott is smart enough to blast the web if its coming his way.

man this is so hard ,both some of my favs............

jgiant
if you look within your heart you know spiderman would win.

Creshosk
Spiderman wins this. . .

Cyclops's eyebeams while impressive have no height . . . his best chance is circumstantialy dependant on the surrondings . . .

Spiderman's spidersense could warn him about when Cyclops was going to fire. . and jump over them.

And Spiderman getting in closer lowers Cykes chances of hitting him due to the conal shape of the wide angle blasts. . .

Superman 24
Yeah, just like he never gets hit by the shocker...and cyclops eye beams, are stronger and faster, but ....

pr1983
Not this again... weep

BENITO
Spider-sense he'd block all the blast then Kick Dyclops head in

that is not a typo

who?-kid
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
spidey is awesome
Yeah, but so is Scott. But he is a notch below SM.

But this has been done already.

DarkCrawler
Isn't it basically = he sees Spider-Man, he is dead. He only has to follow him with his eyesight.

Juntai
Spiderman.
If Batman can dodge Clops and KO him in one knock, Spidey could do it too.

who?-kid
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Isn't it basically = he sees Spider-Man, he is dead. He only has to follow him with his eyesight.
Yeah if it were only that simple... on a good day, SM can without much effort dodge multiple laser attacks coming from different angles... one optic beam of Cyclops shouldn't be much of a problem (spider-sense you know)

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by who?-kid
Yeah if it were only that simple... on a good day, SM can without much effort dodge multiple laser attacks coming from different angles... one optic beam of Cyclops shouldn't be much of a problem (spider-sense you know)

Ok.

CorderaMitchell
This has been done, spiderman wins....

pr1983
Originally posted by Juntai
Spiderman.
If Batman can dodge Clops and KO him in one knock, Spidey could do it too.

Batman? i seem to remember Batman sprawled on the floor with Cyke standing over him...

Juntai
Originally posted by pr1983
Batman? i seem to remember Batman sprawled on the floor with Cyke standing over him...
You remember Batman sprawled on the floor with Bishop standing over him and that's only because he got back up, which is after IceMan had to enter and turn the whole room to ice and Batman suddenly 'lost' his inhuman agility and 'slipped'. But Clops was laid out after one punch homie. Batman had the whole squad owned till IceMan showed and he uncharacteristically slipped.

pr1983
Eh, no...

Bats had Cyke in a headlock, then the next panel showing them had Cyclops standing over Batman, and he said...

"Don't make me do that again..."

Juntai
You're remember a different crossover.
I was talking about DC vs Marvel.
And Batman knocked out Bishop
Then Knocked out Clops
Then used Cannonballs momentum against him
And used him in his invincible stage to take out Jean Grey
Then Ice Man turned the room to ice
Then Batman slipped
Then Bishop put guns to face
Then Superman standing right behind him said
"I wouldn't do that if I were you."

Juntai
Anyways, my point is, Spiderman can dodge his lasers if Batman can do it, and Spiderman hits equally as hard mos tlikely

pr1983
Originally posted by Juntai
You're remember a different crossover.
I was talking about DC vs Marvel.
And Batman knocked out Bishop
Then Knocked out Clops
Then used Cannonballs momentum against him
And used him in his invincible stage to take out Jean Grey
Then Ice Man turned the room to ice
Then Batman slipped
Then Bishop put guns to face
Then Superman standing right behind him said
"I wouldn't do that if I were you."

thats the issue before it... and i dont remember cyclops being knocked out...

CorderaMitchell
Cyclops OWNS batman, unless its hand2hand...

Grammaton
Spiderman is too much for Cyclops - not only does SM have some degree of superstrength, agility, reflexes etc he also has his "spider" powers - Cyclops may be a peak human but against a super human that isn't going to cut it.

What good are Cyclops eye blasts if SM already knows before there going to happen?

Metalmanx
Originally posted by spiderboy5
but if spidey wants to hit cyclops, he would have to go close to him which givs cyke a oppertunity to blast him to death. it doesnt matter if spidey is fast and agile, once he gets hit its all over.

anybody disagree pls talk!

You do remember that Cyclops's optic blasts are just concussion blasts, right? They're not lasers, they won't cut Spidey. They'll just be like a punch if he even gets hit. But Spidey won't be hit even once by these optic blasts.

spiderboy5
if spidey keeps getting closer to punch cyke............. it would be easy for cyke to fry him.........................then when spidey is on the ground cyke finishes him off with EVERYTHING. even peter wouldnt be able to take that much force.(scott has gotten better with aim over the years by the way)

if anybody disagree pls talk!

Wanderer259
How fast are Cyke's beams? Laser-fast? If so, Spider-Man won't be able to dodge them.

Metalmanx
Spiderman dodges lasers on a daily basis. I think he'll be alright.

You guys are forgetting his Spider-sense.

Wanderer259
He shouldn't dodge lasers. Don't they travel at the speed of light, seeing as how they are light? I'm not forgetting his spider-sense at all. I just know that Spider-Man does have his limitations.

That's my only question, though; I honestly don't know how fast Cyke's beams are. If they aren't too fast for Spidey, then it goes to him pretty easily.

Unless Cyke decides to simply take off his visor, but I don't think he would. CIS might keep him from doing so.

Juntai
How often do people dodge them?

willRules
Spider-man has been known on many occasions to dodge lasers, using speed, reflexes and spider-sense, spidey cant dodge things at the speed of light so its safe to assume the lasers werent moving at the speed of light.........

CorderaMitchell
Spidey has dodged them before as have many others, web foot web arm, he's down...

Metalmanx
The lasers do move at the speed of light. Being lasers and all.

Think about it. If you have precognition, you'll be able to move RIGHT before the beam is fired. Though it looks as if he's actually dodging the laser, he's just moving a SPLIT SECOND before it's fired.

That's how he dodges lasers. And Cyclops's optic blasts.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Metalmanx

Think about it. If you have precognition, you'll be able to move RIGHT before the beam is fired. Though it looks as if he's actually dodging the laser, he's just moving a SPLIT SECOND before it's fired.

That's how he dodges lasers. And Cyclops's optic blasts.

I've never seen them mentioned in light speed but it wouldn't matter, peter reacts faster than ock touches the visor at him.

Creshosk

That's how he dodges lasers. And Cyclops's optic blasts. That's how most of the characters that dodge bullets actually do it.

It's not like the Matrix where he dodges AFTER the gun is fired.

But spiderman can dodge machine gun fire.

It would remain about the same difficulty because of two factors:

The beam takes up less space because of the shape of the attack. . .like a v \/ with the bottom point being cyclops.

However this is counter balanced by the speed needed to dodege would go up, because you're moving closer to the source.

Dark Thor
spidey had had worse opponents. Peter takes it

black robb
Spidey wins this

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Creshosk
That's how most of the characters that dodge bullets actually do it.

It's not like the Matrix where he dodges AFTER the gun is fired.

But spiderman can dodge machine gun fire.

It would remain about the same difficulty because of two factors:

The beam takes up less space because of the shape of the attack. . .like a v \/ with the bottom point being cyclops.

However this is counter balanced by the speed needed to dodege would go up, because you're moving closer to the source.

It doesn't happen often, Cresh, but I agree with what you say. You're right about that, it will be harder for him to dodge, but he's done it before against tougher oppoenents (even though Cyke is like a freakin surgeon with his optic blasts, it just doesn't comare with someone who knows where it's going to hit and can move out of the way in time).

Dark Thor
Originally posted by Wanderer259
How fast are Cyke's beams? Laser-fast? If so, Spider-Man won't be able to dodge them.

he has handled Electro and Green Goblin's eletric gloves before

spiderboy5
but could spidey actually dodge cyke's blast when he gets closer to him?
i mean cyke's not stupid . but i do agree that if spidey gets close enough and lands a punch its all over for cyke. BUT if spiderman gets close to him and cyke pulls off his visor then its all over right?(by the way can anyone tell me wats cis?)somebody keeps mentioning it but i dont no wat it stands for..........

anybody who disagrees pls talk! (

Metalmanx
CIS= Character Induced Stupidity. Basically, when they do or don't do something that we the fans know that they can do or can't do, but they're just being stupid.

And I still think that Spidey would be able to get close to him in a fast enough amount of time to take him down before he pulled the visor off. And even then, it's still concussive force, it'll just be like being punched from Colossus or something. It won't really kill Spidey, just not him back for him to try again.

spiderboy5
thx metalmanx for the info smile rock

anyways how long could cyke go on shooting off lasers? is there a point where he has to stop?

CorderaMitchell
This thread needs to be merged, as it has been done already.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by spiderboy5
thx metalmanx for the info smile rock

anyways how long could cyke go on shooting off lasers? is there a point where he has to stop?

No prob about the info, bro.

Well, technically, as long as he's receiving solar energy (since the power of his optic blasts derive from the energies he receives from the sun), he'd be able to keep shooting his optic blasts as long as he wants. But if it were nighttime, he'd had a limit. A very high one, however.

pr1983
No prob about the info, bro.

Well, technically, as long as he's receiving solar energy (since the power of his optic blasts derive from the energies he receives from the sun), he'd be able to keep shooting his optic blasts as long as he wants. But if it were nighttime, he'd had a limit. A very high one, however.

mad

his blasts arent solar... stick out tongue

CorderaMitchell
Solar Optic Blast...

pr1983
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Solar Optic Blast...

no expression

CorderaMitchell
You mean, you've never heard of it before?

pr1983
You mean, you've never heard of it before?

No... his blasts arent solar... never have been...

CorderaMitchell

It was a joke man, I was pwning off of the solar energy thing,lol.

SOLAR OPTIC BLAST!!!

pr1983
It was a joke man, I was pwning off of the solar energy thing,lol.

SOLAR OPTIC BLAST!!!

I know... im just really, really bored...

CorderaMitchell
I know... im just really, really bored...

I'm really, really, misleading.

You wanna chat then?

I bumped our little thread...

pr1983
Nah, im off to bed... f*cking fatigue...

spiderboy5
so everyone agrees spidey wins?

manjaro
*nngnngnggn* head....hurts...having...flashback...of last thread. *nngnggngnhmn* NNOOOOOOO!!!

spiderboy5
i guess spidey wins then if no one interjects............but i think cyke has an equally amount of chance winning but spidey just has a bit of an edge thats all.

manjaro
spidey loses big time..check the other thread and see why

Dark Thor
SPIDEY

spiderboy5
manjaro do u have the link to the thread where cyke wins?

and dark thor i need a reason y spidey would win

Pointinel
as much as i like spidey, cykes takes this

he's a pedigree for pete's sakes

jinzin
spiderman-"hey with my spider sense I can dance circles around you all da----"

cyk-"dodge this"

jinzin

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Pointinel
as much as i like spidey, cykes takes this

he's a pedigree for pete's sakes

Doesn't matter out of pis/cis he can't do much, and he loses.

Metalmanx

Pr, he absorbs the cosmic energies he uses to blast from the sun. It's a fact, dude. He doesn't necessarily absorb solar energy, just that the energies he needs happen to be obtained from absorbing solar rays. It's his own body that produces the energies, but he needs solar energy to do so.

KingDubya
This is my view on a Spidey vs. Cyclops match:

Spidey and Cyclops are standing in an open street facing each other. Spidey shoots a web-ball at Cyclops' face, but it gets dissolved by a quick eye-blast. After seeing this, Spidey decides that Cyclops will be harder than expected. He leaps to the right and web-slings around Cyclops. Cyclops is following him the whole time, shooting blasts of energy, but Spidey keeps dodging them. Spidey, not knowing that Cyclops' visor just focuses the beams, webs the visor and yanks it off. Cyclops' energy blasts go out of control and shoot down everything in sight. Cyclops quickly closes his eyes and feels around for his visor. He manages to find it and puts it on. As he looks around, he sees buildings sliced in half by the energy. He looks down, and there is Spidey, sprawled on the ground, almost dead. Being the nice guy that he is, Cyclops takes Spidey back to the mansion to get medical help.

When I started typing this, I wanted Spidey to win, but I thought it would be best to side with Cyclops on this one.

pr1983
Pr, he absorbs the cosmic energies he uses to blast from the sun. It's a fact, dude. He doesn't necessarily absorb solar energy, just that the energies he needs happen to be obtained from absorbing solar rays. It's his own body that produces the energies, but he needs solar energy to do so.

duplicate thread, but god man... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

blasts arent solar... stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.