Thor vs Hal Jordan (Green Lantern)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth M@ce
Whos the last man standing?

Cosmic Cube
Good fight. Could go either way. Though I think GL has the versatility advantage, Thor is not to be underestimated.

Thor's hair might pose a problem. It is very yellow.

EvilCap America
This battle sounds so potentially cool i could embarrasment stick out tongue eek! in my pants

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by EvilCap America
This battle sounds so potentially cool i could embarrasment stick out tongue eek! in my pants

You mean What the f**k? no sick in your pants?

EvilCap America
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
You mean What the f**k? no sick in your pants?

No this was the happier feeling like when Powergirl falls down in a bikini

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by EvilCap America
No this was the happier feeling like when Powergirl falls down in a bikini

lol laughing

long pig
Wow, awesome awesome fight. It shocked me when I saw it, like "why didn't I thinka that?".

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Hal...

jrodslam
I say Hal in a tough battle, but I have a question.

Whats Thor's weakness? Does he even have one?

Ethereal
I say Thor

Thor, has once taken over earth; granted when the asgard dimension resided in the earth dimension.

However, Thor can cause global weather catastrophe's, and has stood up to beings like thanos, silver surfer and hulk. Thor even overcame ego, the living planets own weather storms.

GL is good, but has been defeated in a cross-over mag, with silver surfer, who if not equal on thors level.

Im not sure of the power of Gl's ring, but if im right - it has to be recharged? If so.. its a mater of time until its diminshed, then thor will have his way with him.

Thor

jrodslam
Kyle has lost to Surfer not Hal. Theres a difference. But yes youre right, the ring needs charging after 24 hours. What fight lasts over 24 hours though?

Ethereal
How much more powerful is Hal jordan than kyle rayner?

jrodslam
Much. Hal's the best GL. EVER.

Hal would be more like a 10, while Kyle is a 7 in my book. All my opinion ofcourse. big grin

Sentry
It's like jrodslam:

1. Alan
2. Hal
3. Kyle

In rebirth Alan held his own against Parallax. It's also cool that he doesn't have to use a ring.

Close fight.

Thor 6/10.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Sentry
It's like jrodslam:

1. Alan
2. Hal
3. Kyle

In rebirth Alan held his own against Parallax. It's also cool that he doesn't have to use a ring.

Close fight.

Thor 6/10.

Uhhh.. Alan? He didnt do much. All he did was put Parallax in some chains, but then he broke out. Hes also not an official GL. Though he did have the name first. It is cool that he didnt have to use the ring. I think they gave it back to him now. Which sucks.

For me id say:

1. Hal
2. John/Guy
3. Kyle

With Alan included:

1. Alan
2. Hal
3. John/Guy
4. Kyle

Hal 7/10

Sentry
Originally posted by jrodslam

With Alan included:

1. Alan
2. Hal
3. John/Guy
4. Kyle

I agree with you here.

jrodslam
I agree with you here.

big grin We dont get too much of that here.

Sentry
I meant to put John or Guy for my number 3 pick, but I typed in Kyle by accident. Crap.

EvilCap America
Originally posted by Ethereal

Im not sure of the power of Gl's ring, but if im right - it has to be recharged? If so.. its a mater of time until its diminshed, then thor will have his way with him.

The Green Latern Rings are pretty killer powerful and a good GL is atuomatically one of the strongest beings in existence.The ring pretty much creates anything the user can imagine and the strength of anything it constructs is all based on the willpower of the ringbearer.With guys Kyle hes been able to do things like contain exploding Supernovas and Blackholes and was able to police msot of the known universe at Light or FTL speed onn his own.The weakness to Yellow has been removed in the early 90s and the recharging thing is kinda like Spidermans web shooters they only run out when they need the hero to have problems

Hal back in his time did equally extreme feats and seemed to screw up alot less.

This is a pretty killer fight even for Thor

Yeah i agree Alen is the best GL despite not officially being a GLC member

Blair Wind
hal beats thor......this is a pretty good fight but i think in the end the green man wins

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Blair Wind
hal beats thor......this is a pretty good fight but i think in the end the green man wins

Depends. Is the fight lasts more than 24 hours, Thor wins by default. Hal is way more versatile, but I'd say they're equal in raw power. Hal has an advantage in this one, but it could go either way.

Tron
For those that misjudge the power of a Green Lantern:

http://glcorps.dcuguide.com/book2.php

http://glcorps.dcuguide.com/rings.php

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Tron
For those that misjudge the power of a Green Lantern:

http://glcorps.dcuguide.com/book2.php

http://glcorps.dcuguide.com/rings.php

Jrodslam has made sure that we all know what a Green Lantern is capable of, especially Hal Jordan. Thor is capable of almost anything a GL is via the Odinforce, including stopping time.

Scoobless
I say Hal in a tough battle, but I have a question.

Whats Thor's weakness? Does he even have one?

Thor doesn't have a specific weakness.... and it's possible he could drain the power out of Hal's ring (get your mind out of the gay joke gutter)

Thor is strong enough to tear threough almost anything Hal can create and can stop/absorb anything Hal blasts with.... he has much greater stamina and faster reflexes

Thor takes it

leonidas
<<Thor doesn't have a specific weakness.... and it's possible he could drain the power out of Hal's ring (get your mind out of the gay joke gutter)

Thor is strong enough to tear threough almost anything Hal can create and can stop/absorb anything Hal blasts with.... he has much greater stamina and faster reflexes

Thor takes it>>

well said, scoob. ditto.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by leonidas
<<Thor doesn't have a specific weakness.... and it's possible he could drain the power out of Hal's ring (get your mind out of the gay joke gutter)

Thor takes it>>

well said, scoob. ditto.

You continue to vex me.

snoopdogg
Good match up although its hard to come up with a scenario where one guy would beat the other.

Yet another 50/50 matchup.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Good match up although its hard to come up with a scenario where one guy would beat the other.

Yet another 50/50 matchup.

Strangely enough, I agree with you.

Sentry
up

kgkg
Thor wins

He can absorb a lot of Hal's attacks, and Thor has the strength advantage to take Hal down.

DC Thor took down Hal pretty easily smile

jrodslam
Originally posted by kgkg
Thor wins

He can absorb a lot of Hal's attacks, and Thor has the strength advantage to take Hal down.

DC Thor took down Hal pretty easily smile

Awww. Youre going to bring up that rediculous hammer throw? We're not even sure if that Thor was stronger than the Marvel Thor.

Sentry
laughing

Thor wins.

Marvel or DC?

Pick one. Thor Wins!

big grin

whirlysplat
laughing

Thor wins.

Marvel or DC?

Pick one. Thor Wins!

big grin

Its about characters

Weird stuff confused

jrodslam
How does Thor win?

Dizzle
Hammer to the face, probly. Now if he can get it to that stage is the really tough question. I'm going for Thor 6/10.

jrodslam
Though DC Thor did ko hal with a hammer to the face, no one knows if he was stronger than Marvel Thor or not. Plus if it was a one on one battle, a regular hammer throw to the face wouldnt ko Hal. It would take alot more than that.

But you say Thor 6/10 arent bad odds. I say Hal 7/10 though. wink

kgkg
Awww. Youre going to bring up that rediculous hammer throw? We're not even sure if that Thor was stronger than the Marvel Thor.
Am sure marvel Thor is at least equal to that rip off, thor wasn't even using any crazy ass blast, a simple cheap shot took down hal down , in that same issue batman tagged thor .

This is not the first time; come to think of it Hal's durability is very shitty if he gets hit directly

Few hits from Thor, he will break Hal’s construct, and kick his ass , remember thor can absorb energy , and reflect them back as well.

jrodslam
Am sure marvel Thor is at least equal to that rip off, thor wasn't even using any crazy ass blast, a simple cheap shot took down hal down , in that same issue batman tagged thor .

This is not the first time; come to think of it Hal's durability is very shitty if he gets hit directly

Few hits from Thor, he will break Hal’s construct, and kick his ass , remember thor can absorb energy , and reflect them back as well.

What are the other times of hit shitty durability? Everyone gets ko'd sometimes.

You act like Hal wont make another construct if broken. Thor absorb the GL energy and deflect it back at him. Hal just absorbd it back.

Thor tries the shoot any type of energy at Hal, Hal controls it then shoots it back as well..

kgkg
What are the other times of hit shitty durability? Everyone gets ko'd sometimes.

You act like Hal wont make another construct if broken. Thor absorb the GL energy and deflect it back at him. Hal just absorbd it back.

Thor tries the shoot any type of energy at Hal, Hal controls it then shoots it back as well..

Nope he needs will power, he has failed to do shit before what makes you sure he will be able to reflect, or absorb its energy instantly?

While he is trying to do anything, Thor can smash him

It's not like he just does it automatically.

read below

big grin

jrodslam
Nope he needs will power, he has failed to do shit before what makes you sure he will be able to reflect, or absorb its energy instantly?

While he is trying to do anything, Thor can smash him

It's not like he just does it automatically.

read below

big grin

What does that scan show? Signs of early Hal struggling to make giant pincers? Lol.

Yet he was able to remake the entire Coast city.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/e3a97a34.jpg

What do you mean "Nope he needs willpower" Evenrything a GL does requiore will power.

What makes me think he will reflect or absorb its energy instantly? Hes done it before. Instantly.
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/gl63_18_19.jpg

Again instantly.
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/gl63_17.jpg

Show me scans of Quasar Taking a blast thats 300 megatons. Or where he takes a supernova. You have yet to prove anything Quuars can do to beat Hal.

jrodslam
Show me a scan of Quasar shooting a blast that could destroy a planet. Show anything.

kgkg
What does that scan show? Signs of early Hal struggling to make giant pincers? Lol.

Yet he was able to remake the entire Coast city.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/e3a97a34.jpg

What do you mean "Nope he needs willpower" Evenrything a GL does requiore will power.

What makes me think he will reflect or absorb its energy instantly? Hes done it before. Instantly.
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/gl63_18_19.jpg

Again instantly.
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/gl63_17.jpg

Show me scans of Quasar Taking a blast thats 300 megatons. Or where he takes a supernova. You have yet to prove anything Quuars can do to beat Hal.
Quasar this is thor?

Signs of early Hal struggling to make giant pincers ? That wasn't early my friend lol

From ships, Thor's attacks can hurt even Gladiator, how me scans how him reflected someone attack (powerful opponent like supes or something)

Thor won't be reflect all of hal's attack when did I say that? But he will be able to reflect some back it him, and all he needs is few hits.

IF DC Thor Knocked Hal with cheap shots like that, I don't see why not.

Sentry
I posted in the wrong thread yesterday too.

jrodslam
Quasar mustering his heaviest Q-construct.

Sentry

jrod! This is Thor VS. Hal, not Quasar VS. Hal

kgkg
he doesn't muster to absorb , especially he won't for one ring

jrodslam
Lol. Ooops.

yahman
Thor vs Hal

It may have been done before but i cant find it on the Serch engine.

On an unhabitted palnnet.

Thor can enter the warrior madness if he needs to. Or can wield the Odin force.

Who wins. During the return of Superman Hal had trouble against Mongul, someone I believe Thor could beat after a long struggle. Hal has more feats of power (Like Most D.C.character ) but when Thors written to his full potential he's a match for anyone. (No sarcasm Whirly !!!!!!!!!)

Who wins ????????? smile

Juntai
Please, that was Hal with broken limbs and almost out of power, and that Mongol was mostly yellow, which was Hal's ring's weakness.
I think Hal takes this, with only minor difficulty. Probably 7 out of 10 times.

dawsey28
http://jerome.galica.free.fr/marvel/Avengers/thor/ThorChange.gif vs http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/GreenLantern_HalJordan.gif

Juntai
Uhh, one time while Kyle was sleeping, he started accidentally creating constructs, and created another version of him, that almost killed Superman, and made it look relatively easy.
And his willpower is nothing to Hal's.

Dark Thor
Hal Jordan

Scoobless
Originally posted by Juntai
Please, that was Hal with broken limbs and almost out of power, and that Mongol was mostly yellow, which was Hal's ring's weakness.
I think Hal takes this, with only minor difficulty. Probably 7 out of 10 times.

minor difficulty? .... Thor could rip through anything Hal creates and can block/absorb any energy blasts.... i would not call Thor a "minor difficulty" to any GL

dawsey28
Originally posted by Dark Thor
Hal Jordan

How?

dawsey28
This would be a cool fight.

DigiMark007
No love for the GL here. Kyle stalemated Surfer for a while...and we know Kyle is < Hal and many would have Surfer > or = Thor.

Hal 6/10. Thor's a god, but he's not unbeatable...he's essentially at Superman's level.

DigiMark007
Been done...both on page 1 right now, actually. Merging...

kgkg
Originally posted by DigiMark007
No love for the GL here. Kyle stalemated Surfer for a while...and we know Kyle is < Hal and many would have Surfer > or = Thor.

Hal 6/10. Thor's a god, but he's not unbeatable...he's essentially at Superman's level.
When did Kyle defeat Silver Surfer.

In crossover Silver Surfer kicked his ass.

infact Kyle got his ass kicked by Terrax.

Silver Surfer > Morg > Terrax

croosover has never been kind on Gl's

kyle couldn't handle Wonder man who was kicking his ass.

Again Silver Surfer can K.O wonder man with one hit.

Thor has an advantage because he is good against energy users

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.