Killer Instinct Series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire
Well, for some reason me and my friends started playing these games a few days ago, out of boredom I guess, anyways, they're still a blast to play.

Was anyone else into these games back in the day.

Also, there's lots of rumors that there may be a KI3 coming to Xbox 360, which is very exciting to me, seeing as I was a huge fanatic of the other two games.

SaTsuJiN
I didnt 'really' get into it until the release of KI64.. that was great stuff big grin "Endo-kyu~ ken!"

BackFire
I was shitting myself over the original, I still remember the day it came out, my family and I were going on a vacation, and I made them bring my Super Nintendo and stop off at Toys R Us to get the game, best vacation I can remember.

Smasandian
Hahah.

I wouldnt be surpraised if it does come out on the 360 considering Rare is owned by MS.
But it will take forever to released though.

jnr hiphop
I used to have Killer Instinct on Super Nintendo. I never knew KI was under RARE aswell. Btw, was the Killer Instinct on N64 any good?

hh?
i love the original KI droolio

the characters were great, but i remember the skeleton character had this cheap combo move which made the game kinda easy to win on a few difficulty levels.

Wolf Dog
Anyone play the Arcade version, it was cool because in the intro it read,"Ultra 64", i guess since the N64 was originally supposed to be called Ultra 64.

BackFire
Yeah, I was really into both KI games in the arcade, I remember that logo. Good stuff.

If they made a 3rd one I'd buy a 360 just to play it.

Red Superfly
I loved Killer Instinct.

The only character I was only ever truly skilled with was Fulgore (the big robot Wolverine dude on the front of the box). I could pull off some INSANE combo's (weren't they called "Ultimate" combos?) with him.

He had the best finishing move. His whole upper torso turned into a small army fortification, and just shot the opposition to sh*t.

I can remember the characters somewhat. I'd like to know what some of the characters are.

Fulgore -> Robot Wolverine
Galcius -> Ice Blob T-1000 dude
Cynder -> Human Torch dude
Eyedol -> Big boss green thing hard as grilled steak
Sabrewulf -> Werewolf dude inspired by the old Sabrewulf game
Riptor -> Velociraptor straight outta Jurassic Park
B. Orchid -> Woman with nightsticks.
?????????? -> A Balrog type boxer dude
?????????? -> Skeleton dude from Jason and The Argonauts
Thunder -> Tomahawk wielding mohawk man.

My mind is going. I can remember a few names but I can't remember them all. Would appreciate someone fillin' in the blanks.

KI Gold got rid of some cool characters and brought in utter crap fighters like Tusk and stuff - why? They were so generic.

Smasandian
Wasnt there a ninja dude?

CorderaMitchell
Jago was the ninja guy
Sabrewulf was the werewolf
Eyedol was the last boss, he was an ogre
Riptor was 1/2 dinosaur, 1/2 human
Fulgore was the robot prototype
Glacius was the ice ailen
Cinder was the criminal of fire
Spinal was the skeleton warrior
Orchid was the agent.
Thunder was an Indian warrior
Combo was the boxer
Ultras were combos that were 20 or more hits as a finisher
ultimates were combos with a fatality at the end.

Combo breakers BROKE the combos

Combo listing:
3 triple combo
4 super combo
5 hyper combo
6 brutal combo
7 master combo
8 awesome combo
9 blaster up combo
10 monster combo
11 king combo
12 and up : killer combo
ultra and ultimates are finishers, no glich combos were around 40 hits, except with orchid.
Glich combos were infinite

My favorite characters were Sabrewulf and Eyedol, I also liked fulgore, glacius, spinal, cinder, and jago sometimes, and a little riptor to throw my opponents off.

SaTsuJiN
http://kattuggla.oru.se/dmd01/dm0103/test/fighters/ki_jago.gif

http://kattuggla.oru.se/dmd01/dm0103/test/showgame2.asp?cGame=Killer+Instinct&sortering=ASC

CorderaMitchell
I love sabrewulf....

jnr hiphop
Anyone played the N64 version?

Red Superfly
JAGO! That's the guy! He was a little harder to cntrol, but he had a wicked uppercut where he'd whip out his sword and ninja-slce you up ten feet up. Cool. Man I knew I was mising someone! Ah Combo and Spinal! I knew their names had something descriptive about who they were, but couldn't put my name on it.

With Spinal I was like: "Skeletor? No thats taken. Skulldude? Too Ninja Turtles. Spiker? Too Mortal Kombat. DAMMIT!"

As for Combo - what a garlingly obvious name. It's actually a really, REALLY crap name now that I think about it. That's like calling a Mortal Kombat character "Fatality" or better yet "Toasty" lol.

Cheers for the info Cordera.

CorderaMitchell
NP, I liked that game, with sabrewulf's double roll, or Eyedol's stomp.

Anyway Combo was a dumb name, who would name their kid that?

DarkC
I missed using Cinder's incredibly cheap and easy-to-pull-off combo.
http://newrare.free.fr/images/super%20nes/killer%20instinct/cinder.jpg

Red Superfly
The forward-forward punch punch punch punch Lame Combo Of All Time?

Fireball, ppunch, fireball, punch kick uppercut was the result. Barely any room to break it. Get stuck a corner, you dead.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by DarkC
I missed using Cinder's incredibly cheap and easy-to-pull-off combo.
http://newrare.free.fr/images/super%20nes/killer%20instinct/cinder.jpg

That was easy to break IMO, spinal was better in the hands of a master...

Freaky Zeeky
Originally posted by BackFire
Well, for some reason me and my friends started playing these games a few days ago, out of boredom I guess, anyways, they're still a blast to play.

Was anyone else into these games back in the day.

Also, there's lots of rumors that there may be a KI3 coming to Xbox 360, which is very exciting to me, seeing as I was a huge fanatic of the other two games.

I used to have this game for SNES. Cinder had the easiest combos in the game.

CorderaMitchell
But they didn't have as much priority nor damage, though they did the job fine...

BackFire
Never cared for Cinder, too easy.

I became a master with TJ Combo, and Chief Thunder in the first one.

In the second one, I destroyed all with Jago and Glacius.

CorderaMitchell
Never cared for Cinder, too easy.

I became a master with TJ Combo, and Chief Thunder in the first one.

In the second one, I destroyed all with Jago and Glacius.

Yea, cinder was too simply.

I liked spinal and fulgore, and eyedol. Sabrewulf is my main man though... He's easy but has some appeal to the advanced.

BackFire
In the first KI Sabrewulf was a good all around character, in KI2 he was more or less the newbie character, incredibly easy to use but really not very good if you're going against someone who knows what they're doing.

CorderaMitchell
In the first KI Sabrewulf was a good all around character, in KI2 he was more or less the newbie character, incredibly easy to use but really not very good if you're going against someone who knows what they're doing.

I never played KI2 myself, I heard it wasn't as good.

How was the gameplay?

BackFire
I liked it better, actually. The combo system was improved, making it more methodical to do combos while still being somewhat challenging.

I just wish they hadn't taken out Thunder.

CorderaMitchell
I liked it better, actually. The combo system was improved, making it more methodical to do combos while still being somewhat challenging.

I just wish they hadn't taken out Thunder.

I guess, but did it have the "feel" of the first one, because thats hard to do there....

Freaky Zeeky
Glacier was good too

CorderaMitchell
On which version?

BackFire
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
I guess, but did it have the "feel" of the first one, because thats hard to do there....

More or less, changes were made, but most of them were for the better.

DarkAge
Originally posted by Red Superfly
I loved Killer Instinct.

The only character I was only ever truly skilled with was Fulgore (the big robot Wolverine dude on the front of the box). I could pull off some INSANE combo's (weren't they called "Ultimate" combos?) with him.

He had the best finishing move. His whole upper torso turned into a small army fortification, and just shot the opposition to sh*t.

Gun 'Em Down. I always use that. I gave my SNES to my sister in Christmas 2001 but I still play it twice as much as her, lol. I found Fulgore was the easiest character to play as. Has anyone ever seen any of Eyedol's special moves?

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by DarkAge
Gun 'Em Down. I always use that. I gave my SNES to my sister in Christmas 2001 but I still play it twice as much as her, lol. I found Fulgore was the easiest character to play as. Has anyone ever seen any of Eyedol's special moves?
Yes, I was playing with him today.

Club swing, back forward fierce.p
stomp: back medium kick.
fireball: down forward punch.
Jump: jump, or back foward, any kick.
Charge: back foward, lightstick out tongue

Supercharge and fireblast, stomp and use the same moves.

Freaky Zeeky
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
On which version?

The orginal version

CorderaMitchell
They hacked some of his moves, I just found out the killer combo for him...

legacy92
THE Best charecters are easly cinder jago and SPINAL maby fulgore here and there .... i masterd every1 ...exept Combo i have the system and stil i kant do his roll and special abbiltys let alone his powers sad but i masterd every else smile killer instinct rules snes i wish killer would be on ps2 though

Tha C-Master
Combo is a watered down sabrewulf.

Cinder is pretty well rounded...

Onikirimaru
I liked KI2, and KI 64 (actually called KI Gold) was more or less KI2 with special ugly "gold" costumes for the character where they are just like gold statues fighting.

Main changes to the mechanics were a different set up for your combos, manuel hits in your combos, (instead of getting 4 free hits for a special move and a button, you get 3, and after that you have to manually hit a couple hits yourself, then you can go into the linker, or you can just go straight to your linker for less hits in the combo) and they had a kinda priority system that was balanced on paper but didnt really effect gameplay as much.

o kiMMii o
I love this game, its one of my favourites, the 64 one.....i was pretty pissed when rare was sold, thinking now killer instinct will never see the light of day again. However if it does get released on xbox......i might just get it just because it has this game. MIGHT........but yeah how cool was the combos? hehe....i pretty much mastered all of them except combo was less and kim wu and orchid were high. Fun, i wouldnt let anyone have a second to throw a punch just to tease them abit hihii.....friends would get pretty pissy hihhi, Anyways i would like to see a remake. Its a good fighting game.

aanathan
Fulgore was slow for me but the computer pulled off some fast ass combos like shit it took me 2 hours to beat him. and whos the guy who comes after fulgore with the 4 arms\

Neo_Version 7
Cinder was the shit. yes

legacy92
Jago and Spinal can pull off sum crazy combos Fulgore wus asome too
i loved the fact that during a combo wit Spinal u kould use the ability to transform into ur opponents and use there own combos on them he wus really kool! IMO smokin'
Jago wus like Liu kang and ryu super kool i loved doing his combos i kan pull off sum krazed kombos
IF I JUS WERE TO MASTER COMBO I WOULD BE COMPLETE ....dang soo difficult to use sad

Ryo 666
It was a great game. Trying to play it again.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Ryo 666
It was a great game.
Indeed. It's too bad the series itself was short-lived though.

Long live Fulgore, Jago, Cinder, Spinal, Sabrewolf, Eyedol, etc...

HueyFreeman
In KI I loved using Jago and orchid

In part two I was massacring people with Jago, Glacius, and especially kim wu

Yoshi Paradise
cool I was good with Glacius and Cinder.

BackFire
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3167950

Rumors of a new one still going. God I hope.

JustFrame
Killer Instinct 1 was the best, KI2 was complete and utter garbage with the super easy combo-breakers and what not, not to mention, alot of character individuality was removed from it...everyone having shoryuken, and hadouken special motions was dumb.

Killer Instinct 1 was really fun, however once you got good in that game, it was a broken pile of a mess. I mean, I remember playing in tournaments and I used to pick Orchid, considering she's arguably Top 3 in KI1.

However, Cinder was so ridiculous with his Infinity that it just got dumb really quickly. This game was fun, however once you got competitive with it...man, it just got frustrating and annoying.

Still, I had alot of fun with pawning people with Orchid, all the nice shawdow attacks, glitch hits, lmao and owning people up with too much fun.

Thumbs Down on Cinder though...that fool made an already broken, even more broken.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
In KI I loved using Jago and orchid
Ironic that they turned out to be siblings. *points to the KI2 endings*

But yeah. I liked using them too.

Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
cool I was good with Glacius and Cinder.
Same here. Those were my best.

*gulp* I hope so too...

JustFrame
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqi1JXdi938&feature=related

Watch that, all of those are legit combos that can work in KI1...lmao, too crazy, especially the Cinder one, hahahahahaha.

Oh yeah, if you know how to, you can easily do 80-hit combos with alot of the characters in KI1, I still remember the Orchid one, lmao.

Yoshi Paradise

I really hope that we get another Killer Instinct game.

ragesRemorse
At the time i always thought Killer Instinct was much more fun that Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter. Today, all fighting games feel exactly the same to me. The only two differences are the character avatars and how much damage you receive and deal. I hope there is another KI game, but i doubt that other than the avatars it would be any different than any other fighting game atm. Still, this franchise deserves a second life.

It would be great to see Cinder again. I remember that cinder had the easiest and most brutal combo.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
It would be great to see Cinder again. I remember that cinder had the easiest and most brutal combo.
Indeed. smile In the actual story though, he got beat by Glacius, and thus, he didn't appear in KI2 =(, but I still liked his ending.

0AzBWju2Iu0

Even for a Human Torch clone, he kicks ass.

SmashBro
I always use to play Killer Instinct. They were fun games. I can still hear the announces in my head:

"Co...Co...Co...Co...Combo Breaker". lol

CPT Space Bomb
Jago, Glacius, Cinder and Thunder were my favorites. Especially Jago. I was so into the Original on the SNES I memorized every combo possible for each of those 4 characters. I remember on my 13th birthday I played the arcade and beat a dude in his twenties so bad he cursed at me and made me nervous. Good times.

Also, The Killer Cuts cd that came with the game was awesome, I love that soundtrack!

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Jago, Glacius, Cinder and Thunder were my favorites. Especially Jago. I was so into the Original on the SNES I memorized every combo possible for each of those 4 characters. I remember on my 13th birthday I played the arcade and beat a dude in his twenties so bad he cursed at me and made me nervous. Good times.

Also, The Killer Cuts cd that came with the game was awesome, I love that soundtrack!
Heh. Me too. Still have it somewhere.

Cinder's theme and the opening theme are teh rockage! big grin

BPiqpc0rylo

2w85y-N8lKw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.