General Grevous(ROTS) Vs Assaj Ventress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lil Krueger
Happy Dance

Human Vader
Impossible! A halfway decent thread from this noob? Can't be!!!

But my money's on Asajj, Grievous might be able to do something in lightsaber combat, but if Ventress uses any type of Force power, Grievous is done for.

MAKASHIMAN
Assaj isn't anything special. Grievous.

chilled monkey
They fought in the comics. Assaj (and Dirge) both got beaten.

Darth_Janus
That's impressive when you consider Assajj is supposed to be pretty fekkin' badass according to Starwars.com, which states she has "perfected dual saber use". Also, she was about equal with Anakin and the brat had to use his anger to get an edge which didn't even kill her. She can survive more shit than a cockroach, I swear.

Am I the only one not sure why GG is a badass in the comics and blows in movie? Or is Obi-Wan just -that- good and no one wants to admit it?

Darth_Glentract
That's true. The GG movie sucks, but in the Cartoon, he could kill three or four Asajj's. That always kind of pissed me off.

Darth_Janus
I think that GG was made to be a "hyped" character, and then Gl stepped in and he's like "WTF? Obi-Wan can pwn this n00b h4x00r... lol!!! SYSPH"

Darth Windu
Well, according to Count Dooku in LOE, who is Grievous' saber mentor, the General is incredibly skilled. However, while scolding him for seeming imperfections in his fighting style, the Count states that Grievous' greatest weapon and ally in combat is the element of surprise, along with fear and confusion. Without it, he would be destroyed. Then, the Sith Lord proceeds to name a few Jedi who would destroy the General if he didn't use these to his advantage; Obi-Wan was one of these Jedi, along with Cin Drallig, Mace Windu, and Yoda. Anakin was not. This may merely be the result of Dooku's determination not to acknowledge Anakin's growing power, but whatever. Proceeding. . . .

So, on Hypori, when a Jedi was killed in a split second by a mechanical fiend dropping onto his skull, Masters Ki-Adi-Mundi and Shaak Ti were stunned and confused, along with the other Jedi. They had never seen or heard of such a creature, and as a result, were sufficiently astounded, enough to give the droid General a victory against five Jedi. The same thing happened in LOE (I know, I use it a lot) when the General moves to capture the Chancellor. He uses a dramatic entrance combined with half a dozen of his towering elites to strike fear into the hearts of everyone present, thus ensuring a victory born of deception.

Anyway, as you saw in ROTS, Grievous has not a single one of these advantages on his side. IN fact, Obi-Wan has the advantage of surprise on his side, and although it does little to faze Grievous, it nullifies the General's advantages. It was only Grievous' arrogance and confidence that kept him in the duel. When he realized he had not a chance, and probably remembered Dooku's warning, he fled.

Hope that answers it sufficiently enough. Just a theory, but in my mind, a fitting one.

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Darth Windu
Well, according to Count Dooku in LOE, who is Grievous' saber mentor, the General is incredibly skilled. However, while scolding him for seeming imperfections in his fighting style, the Count states that Grievous' greatest weapon and ally in combat is the element of surprise, along with fear and confusion. Without it, he would be destroyed. Then, the Sith Lord proceeds to name a few Jedi who would destroy the General if he didn't use these to his advantage; Obi-Wan was one of these Jedi, along with Cin Drallig, Mace Windu, and Yoda. Anakin was not.

So, on Hypori, when a Jedi was killed in a split second by a mechanical fiend dropping onto his skull, Masters Ki-Adi-Mundi and Shaak Ti were stunned and confused, along with the other Jedi. They had never seen or heard of such a creature, and as a result, were sufficiently astounded, enough to give the droid General a victory against five Jedi. The same thing happened in LOE (I know, I use it a lot) when the General moves to capture the Chancellor. He uses a dramatic entrance combined with half a dozen of his towering elites to strike fear into the hearts of everyone present, thus ensuring a victory born of deception.

Anyway, as you saw in ROTS, Grievous has not a single one of these advantages on his side. IN fact, Obi-Wan has the advantage of surprise on his side, and although it does little to faze Grievous, it nullifies the General's advantages. It was only Grievous' arrogance and confidence that kept him in the duel. When he realized he had not a chance, and probably remembered Dooku's warning, he fled.

Hope that answers it sufficiently enough. Just a theory, but in my mind, a fitting one.

Your attention to detail is simply amazing. I wish I retained that much when I read novels. i'm probably forgetting a lot of things... Which is why I like to reread books when i get the chance. I mean, I totally forgot the name of the Force sensitive Mace fights in Shatterpoint, which is odd because he is named throughout the damn book.

Darth Windu
Kor Vastor?

Darth_Janus
I had to think a moment before I replied...

Darth Windu
Lol. Well if you think that theory works, then it should solve most of our GG problems.

Darth_Janus
I remember reading it to, I just needed a refresher. Yes, definately. GG's a surprise kinda guy. Makes me rethink Ki-Adi-Mundi, for sure.

Emperor Revan
The General. Not only did he already defeat her and Durge, Force powers don't usually work on him. 5 Jedi at once lost and he has defeated many, many Jedi. Someone strong with the Force could do it, but not Asajj.

MAKASHIMAN
Whats LOE?

Darth Windu
Okay now, that being said, I need to get to the point; the battle. Since GG isn't going to be in a position where he gets his advantages, he's going to be hard-pressed here, but he could pull it off.

General Grievous

- Cybernetically enhanced to the point where he is all but a super-powered droid.
- Has killed more than a dozen Jedi before, some without a lightsaber. (LOE, early Chapters, when he's thinking back on Geonosis)
- Capable of wielding six lightsabers simultaneously.
- Does not know fear.
- Trained by Dooku for more than a decade.
- Can adapt to his opponents fighting style.
- Trained in the seven forms of lightsaber combat.
- Uses an unorthodox tactic that has never been used before.
- Has faced off against Mace Windu.
- Defeated five Jedi simultaneously at Hypori.
- Killed four Jedi and four Red Guards in minutes when abducting Palpatine.

Assaj Ventress

- Trained by Count Dooku for a year or so.
- Has engaged Obi-Wan three or four times, and nearly killed him each encounter.
- Has engaged Anakin two or three times, the last requiring him to use all his anger and hatred to vanquish her.
- Has killed a team of five Jedi with the help of Durge, the one survivor being Kenobi.
- Killed a Jedi Master and literally disarmed a Padawan in single combat on a mission.
- Killed a Knight and wounded a couple of Padawans in a staged duel, although the victims were not aware of the plot.
- Has defeated Jedi Master Kit Fisto in single combat, nearly killing him.
- Fought Mace Windu and escaped.

Ventress has done some impressive things in her own right. But I think Grievous would have this. I reserve full judgement until I see more. . . well thought out opinions.

MAKASHIMAN
Grievous was only half trained so he could only do so much but he still wins. whats LOE? and where does it say he was trained for ten years?

Darth_Janus
Labyrinth of Evil... LOE

Darth Windu
M-Man, not to be rude, but I have no idea in hell what you just said.

MAKASHIMAN
Thanks but where doe's it say he was trained for ten years cause if he was trained for that long wouldn't he have put up a better fight?

MAKASHIMAN
On the SW site it says that he was only half-trained but I would like to read thie LOE. I wasn't trying to be rude.

Darth Windu
I know you weren't trying to be rude, lol. I just misunderstood you. And Grievous isn't half-trained. What does that mean, anyway?

Darth_Frobo
grievous easily he's a hardcore jedi killing machine and ventress isn't even a jedi and i doubt she's anywhere remotley close to good in terms of force power.

MAKASHIMAN
I guess half-trained means he didn't learn any force powers. But I have noticed a lot of contradicting info on SW.com I won't use iot for info anymore.

Darth Windu
It doesn't say he's half-trained. . .

Lil Krueger
Originally posted by Human Vader
Impossible! A halfway decent thread from this noob? Can't be!!!

But my money's on Asajj, Grievous might be able to do something in lightsaber combat, but if Ventress uses any type of Force power, Grievous is done for.

Expect the impossible...

MAKASHIMAN
Are you sure? Oh well SW.com sucks anyways...

DarthGenises
Ventress, Greivous sucked since he got his chest crushed by Mace.

Darth Windu
What? Apparently you didn't read all the posts here. . . . and even if you did, that's a bogus reason.

masterkit
Go Greivous!

Dark Thor
Grievous wins and i agree with Darth Windu, that's a bogus reason

DarthGenises
How?

Darth Windu
He sucks because Mace crushed his chest? Don't think so. Again, read the posts on the first page. I'm not trying to be mean, but you have to read every post to be able to say something.

DarthGenises
I did read every post, but how is that a bougus reason?!

Darth Windu
Then you read my theory on Grievous in ROTS, and mine and Janus' discussion on the General?

And it's a bogus reason because. . . . think about it! Does that sound like a valid reason? Not to mention it contradicts the official prequel book to ROTS. In the book, Grievous doesn't get Force-crushed.

DarthGenises
Is'nt the Clone Wars cartoon also official?

Darth Windu
As long as it doesn't contradict things that are actually labeled "official." Labyrinth of Evil, which takes place around the same time a the last two, three volumes of Clone Wars, is specifically labeled as "The Official, Must-Read Prequel to Revenge of the Sith." Can't beat that. So Grievous' chest was never crushed. I suggest you read LOE. . .

DarthGenises
Didn't know that sorry. I always assumed he sucked because of that incident.

Darth Windu
Lol, no problem.

Dark Thor
lol

MAKASHIMAN
Either way Grievous wins.

Arbiter
General Grievous defeated both Assaj and Durge at once to become General of the Droid Army. Assaj alone is no match for Grievous. Grievous wins.

darthrevan89
You mean to tell me that overrated hunk of junk named Grevious beat Assaji Ventrass?

DarthGenises
Actually he beat Ventress and Durge at the same time.

darthrevan89
Stupid EU writers and their lack of realisim...

Arbiter
This is a EU forum. Don't like it go to the movies.

MAKASHIMAN
Grievous rules.

darthrevan89
Originally posted by Arbiter
This is a EU forum. Don't like it go to the movies.

This is a message better sent to ((Anomaly)). I happen be a fan of EU just not when it becomes ridiculous.

MAKASHIMAN
How is it ridiculous? Grievous beat Assaj and Durge together deal with it.

darthrevan89
Well lets see...Durge was some reginerative freak is nearly impossible to kill and Ventrass had mastered the use of dual sabers and yet the overdone overpowered Grevious takes them with ease. Then in the movies Obi-Wan wastes him like nothing and spare me the whole "he lost his abilities as a mech" since as a mech he would gained much more strength, speed, reflexes ect.

DarthGenises
And yet Vader did not.

darthrevan89
Originally posted by DarthGenises
And yet Vader did not.

Vader was in all effects a cyborg. Grevious might as well been a droid.

darthrevan89
And by the way this is ROTS Grevious.

MAKASHIMAN
Originally posted by darthrevan89
Well lets see...Durge was some reginerative freak is nearly impossible to kill and Ventrass had mastered the use of dual sabers and yet the overdone overpowered Grevious takes them with ease. Then in the movies Obi-Wan wastes him like nothing and spare me the whole "he lost his abilities as a mech" since as a mech he would gained much more strength, speed, reflexes ect.

1. I am not one of those sissy boys who says crap like that. "Oh Vader is weaker as a mech" no. Vader sucks on his own.

2. Grievous' ten years of training vs. Obi-Wan's 38 sinse birth years of training. I like Grievous but without the formal training he would pretty much lose all day. Please don't say ''Dooku trained him" the training was generic.

Darth_Janus
Under what conditions did Grievious beat both? Specifically? Until I hear that, you all can stow that GG wins crap.

darthrevan89
Oh hey Janus I love the avatar.

Darth_Janus
Thanks!

MAKASHIMAN
Grievous whooped thier butts plain and simple.

Darth_Janus
No, that's not what is needed for an honest evaluation. I want you to tell us everything about the encounter. Was there surprise involved? Had either of them seen or head of GG before? How big was the area? Until you can answer these questions to satisfaction, you cannot prove that Grievious is superior to either or both of those characters based on "He won once before".

MAKASHIMAN
The fact that he defeated two people who individually almost killed obi-wan says something. I don't know all the facts but will do research on this fight and I have to go so i'll see you guys in about 2 hours.

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by MAKASHIMAN
The fact that he defeated two people who individually almost killed obi-wan says something. I don't know all the facts but will do research on this fight and I have to go so i'll see you guys in about 2 hours.

The face that he defeated two people who individually almost killed Obi-Wan and then got his ass kicked by Obi-Wan himself in ROTS makes me think that either Obi-Wan must have some real power boost somewhere between AotC and ROTS or Grievous simply sucks in ROTS.

darthrevan89
Its more or less bad screenwriting I think.

Darth Windu
Alright people, that fight that MAKASHIMAN talks about like the Bible? It's bull. It's from Star Wars Tales for crying out loud. The books in which, in one story, Han and Chewie crash to Earth and are discovered by freakin' Indiana Jones! That series is just some assortment of made-up stories. Not Canon. So that never happened.

Read Star Wars Visionaries, the last story there, for what is probably a more accurate version of how Grievous was appointed Commander.

And for everyone who thinks that Grievous sucked in ROTS (There're a HELL of a lot of people), but was badass in CW (Same) read my theory on the first page. Janus liked it, I think.

darthrevan89
Alright people, that fight that MAKASHIMAN talks about like the Bible? It's bull. It's from Star Wars Tales for crying out loud. The books in which, in one story, Han and Chewie crash to Earth and are discovered by freakin' Indiana Jones! That series is just some assortment of made-up stories. Not Canon. So that never happened.

Read Star Wars Visionaries, the last story there, for what is probably a more accurate version of how Grievous was appointed Commander.

Thank you! Finaly some words of wisdom.

Darth Windu
Lol.

Darth_Janus

And for everyone who thinks that Grievous sucked in ROTS (There're a HELL of a lot of people), but was badass in CW (Same) read my theory on the first page. Janus liked it, I think.

Again, amen brutha. Preach it.

Darth Windu
Preach it, I will. . . . . brutha.

Darth_Janus
Or would you prefer brethren? No need to get all conservative on me, Windu... lol

Darth Windu
I was joking. Simple-minded fool. . .

Darth Windu
Just kidding. . . . or was I?

Darth Windu
Kidding dude. Conservative isn't me, as you've seen by some of my more. . . aggressive posts. Lol.

Darth_Janus
Oh, I know. lol Not a problem... Don't worry about irking me, dude. You'd really have to do something stupid to irk me.

I'm thinking saying NJO Luke pwns Jawas would be a bad way to go.

Darth Windu
He would. . . . except that the Jawas have Lord Artoo on their side. And they practice ancient Jawa majicks. . . .

So Luke vs. Jawas and Lord Artoo= PWN3AGE!!!!

Darth_Janus
Sith Magics = Dark side = Jawa magics.

You know, I just thought of something...

We need Super Sith Ninja Jawas.

MAKASHIMAN

Windu I don't treat it like the bible but we were on the subject of that fight and I feel Grievous would win it's obvious nobady around here likes me so to those people go **** yourselfs with iron poles ************'*

Darth L. Dipsit
No need to feel berated! I think you have always (as far as I know) acted well and benevolently. I don't think he was attacking you, but rather your source. As to other instances I cannot attest, but I hope that you do not grow to upset! Good wishes and health.

Darth Windu
Windu I don't treat it like the bible but we were on the subject of that fight and I feel Grievous would win it's obvious nobady around here likes me so to those people go **** yourselfs with iron poles ************'*

That was completely and utterly uncalled for. And if you respond to facts with that kind of nonsensical babble, no one here will like you. As it is, I was waiting for someone else to come in and "explain" your story. When no one did, I did.

And I referred to you speaking of that story as the Bible because you merely said that Grievous owned the two of them easily without any backup, any questioning to, or even any knowledge as to where that story came from. I may have been harsh, but the way you responded was just idiotic.

darthrevan89
Hey guys take it easy no need to get angry.

Darth Windu
I'm not. But I don't take kindly to being insulted after stating a fact. . .

DarthGenises
As long as it doesn't contradict things that are actually labeled "official." Labyrinth of Evil, which takes place around the same time a the last two, three volumes of Clone Wars, is specifically labeled as "The Official, Must-Read Prequel to Revenge of the Sith." Can't beat that. So Grievous' chest was never crushed. I suggest you read LOE. . .

Ok. But if the Clone Wars is'nt official than why does Grievous cough.

darthrevan89
I'm not. But I don't take kindly to being insulted after stating a fact. . .

Yea...I am trying to reform myself into the second Dipsit. Its hard though I gotta tell you.

Darth Windu
Lol. I tried in the beginning. . . didn't work out.

And DG, Lucas did that to show that the General was not a droid. It's in Star Wars.com, if you check Behind the Scenes.

MAKASHIMAN
Grievous isn't a droid he is a cybornetic being that droid stuff is horse puckey.

Darth Windu
That's what I said. Read the post again.

Arbiter
He did say:
Lucas did that to show that the General was not a droid.

MAKASHIMAN
That's what I said. Read the post again.

I read it. I just wanted to eloborate on it alittle thats all....and sorry I lost my temper earlier on in this thread I was drunk or something.....

darthrevan89
I read it. I just wanted to eloborate on it alittle thats all....and sorry I lost my temper earlier on in this thread I was drunk or something.....

Drunk? Dude how old are you?

Darth Windu
It's an expression. Albeit a strange one. . . .

Darth_Janus
Not too strange. I know a few people on here who get drunk and are under 21...

darthrevan89
Geez the most I ever had was a shot of Rum and Jack Daniels Whiskey (straight down) how was I supposed to know that it would feel like a fireball traveling down my throat?

Darth_Janus
Trust me, you're better off obstaining.

Darth Windu
WEll, I guess he's going to have to gain respect the hard way. . . if at all. . .

darthrevan89
I already figured that out...lol.

MAKASHIMAN
I would never drink achohol it's the the drink of satan. i'll never smoke either.

Darth Windu
Lol.

tommy vercetti
ventress would beat grievous but not by too much

darthrevan89
Inspired by NJO Luke

Darth Windu
That actually looks really cool, now that I think about it.

darthrevan89
Thankyou I made it myself.

Darth_Janus

Illustrious
Yeah, they decided normal lightning wasn't cool enough for the God that is NJO Luke, so they decided to make it green to match his saber.

DarthMaul9123
Assaj isn't anything special. Grievous.

thats right grievous

darthsith19
Grievous, Asajj lost to Anakin when he was still a Padawan.

Darth Avis
janus wants to revive old threads so here we go

Things that go BUMP in the night (that is my kewl way of saying bump)

i think asajj wins. She beat obi who beat GG and without the surprise factor gg has no advantege (force assaj has so that is a plus sabers with force=4 blades)

Lord Simus
Grievous, hes already beaten Assajj and Durge at the same time.

mace=badass
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
That's true. The GG movie sucks, but in the Cartoon, he could kill three or four Asajj's. That always kind of pissed me off. [/

Well in clone wars overpowers people by a lot. And I would trust the movie over the cartoon.
Or is clonewars made by lucas?

Lord Simus
Luacs approved it but that was it.

Darth Avis
Originally posted by Lord Simus
Grievous, hes already beaten Assajj and Durge at the same time. that source was proved bogus

ESB- 1138
Grievous has defeated Assaj and Durge to became the leader of the droid army

Lord Simus
Originally posted by Darth Avis
that source was proved bogus

Then why does it say he did it on starwars.com?

Darth Avis
because starwars.com is crap

Lord Simus
Then you are in denial.

Deus Ex
Starwars.com is crap, eh?

So it's wrong when it says that Yoda lost to Sidious? I knew it! He must have won that fight and voluntarily fell 100 + feet!

Darth Avis
LOL.

okay let me rephrase that. that say info from EVERY source. canon or not. happy.

LOL. i was sure yoda won.

Sesse
Then you are lost!

Darth Avis
huh?

Darth Avis
thngs that go BUMP in the night

ESB - 1138
Originally posted by Faunus

Actually having his chest crushed would explain ROTS. I mean why would they have made the torso be able to be opened so easily.

Darth Traya
Ack, Asajj probably takes this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.