American Cars Good -V- Bad?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WickedTexasMomA
Around what year do you think they really stop making the classic looking American muscle?I personally think after 78 nothing came out that really grabbed me and made me go "Oh hey Thats pretty bad ass".

Imports are the rage right now and have been for the last what 5 years or so? Hell I even own a 3000gt which is a good little car, a ***** to buy parts for but thats the down side to Mitsubishi's.But anyways back to topic, when muscle cars died out in the 80s,has anything sense then made you perk up and take notice of American car? I think the 2005 ford mustangs have brought back a small light of hope for American cars which we have needed .

Q:What year was the end of American muscle?
Q:What company will bring American cars back on top?
Q:Hottest new American car thats came out sense 1990?

WickedTexasMomA
A: 78 was the end of good looking cars
A: Dodge
A: 2005 Ford Stang

Rogue Jedi
thats a very small light. i love classic american cars, but i am afraid that everyone nowadays wants to be 'fast n furious'.

WickedTexasMomA
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
thats a very small light. i love classic american cars, but i am afraid that everyone nowadays wants to be 'fast n furious'. Any light will help now days for American cars...and I agree sense F and F came out everyone turned into rice boys.

silver_tears
The new mustangs are definitely sexy, but that's because of their modern yet classic look really erm
I don't think true muscle will ever come back, it's just not something the general public is interested in, I mean sure there's collectors and etc, but the average person isn't into it.

SlipknoT
Hicks! *shakes fist# stick out tongue

WickedTexasMomA
Damn them!! lol Its getting harder and harder to put your hands on a descent muscle car, We just paid 14G for a half ass 72 Camaro.Alot of the old cars have been beat down and used for scrap metal or junk cars.Is sad really.

silver_tears
Actually if you're a collector with enough skill, you can make a killing finding, and restoring them

Rogue Jedi
i have a 70 chevy pickup i am gonna fix up when i have the time and $$$.

silver_tears
I love pickups, I'm all for little european beamers and such, but I love riding in pickups, it's fun and sexy. S'why I like dodge droolio
Plus the viper's one of my fav cars.

WickedTexasMomA
I had a 73 Chevy short bed 454 up until late year,nice little truck,lots of power great to handle.I ended up selling her to an old boy for 20200.I had nearly twice that much in the truck,but had to sell it and my 69 charger before being shipped out.

WickedTexasMomA
Originally posted by silver_tears
I love pickups, I'm all for little european beamers and such, but I love riding in pickups, it's fun and sexy. S'why I like dodge droolio
Plus the viper's one of my fav cars. Vipers are AWFUL cars, horrible handling..at 125 you have no control.

Rogue Jedi
if i had my choice of any american car/truck, i'd choose the ford lightning pickup.

silver_tears
I'd get one just for the look, it'd sit in the circular drive soaking up sun baby, they're beautiful cars.

And if I did drive it, it'd be for show now really for speed stick out tongue

WickedTexasMomA
First time I drove my dads viper I killed it in 1st and started rolling back hill..LOL

Rogue Jedi
the old monte carlo super sport is a badass.

WickedTexasMomA
Yea there was some NICE Carlos...but MAN YUCK the late 80s-2000 are just butt ass UGLY!

Rogue Jedi
if you could own any hollywood movie or tv car, which would you choose?

SlipknoT
Originally posted by WickedTexasMomA
First time I drove my dads viper I killed it in 1st and started rolling back hill..LOL Maybe your just a bad driver stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
i would own blade's car, or the striped tomato.

WickedTexasMomA
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Maybe your just a bad driver stick out tongue LOL I am when it comes to stick shifts...In 6 years I've totaled 4 stick shifts.LOL

Rogue Jedi
wow. thats a lot.

WickedTexasMomA
yea and I some times wonder WHY I'm paying 800 a month for car insurance.LOL

Rogue Jedi
800?!?!?!?!!?!?

WickedTexasMomA
yea for the 3000gt,ford 1500 and the H3.LOL Im making a bigger insurance payment then a car payment.lol

Rogue Jedi
jeezuz.

WickedTexasMomA
tell me about it..my mom who is in her 60s only pays 340 a YEAR!

WickedTexasMomA
Im so jealous...she totaled more cars then I have...its the whole age thing I swear!

jaden101
american muscle died with the old dodge charger and was dug up and shat on when the new charger was designed

the company that will resurrect american cars will be the one that realises that corners are part of the road network throughout the world and that cars need to be able to go round them properly

if you want a good example of an american car lately that can do this...the ford gt40 is a good place to start

Red Superfly
From what I can tell, everything about American cars and bikes are designed as penis extensions with an engine in'em.

The bigger and louder the vehicle, the bigger the dick that's driving - right?

Just an observation.

seaapple
I am partial to the old boxy Jeep Cherokees, which sadly are no longer being made in favor of the bubbly Liberty and behemoth Grand Cherokee.

They look almost like old Volvo station wagons jacked up for off-roading!

Antillies
like this i totally agree even tho i not live in u.s and muscle cars or even american classic cars overall is not common here but yeah i think ford did something good with the new mustang it really is awesome besides that i must go back to 70s and even more to find cars i like.right now my car is a 1962 volvo looks like crap but it works....we are talking straight 1,8 litre 4 cylinder 60-70 horsepower monster here stick out tongue

chevrolet bel air 1957droolio

R2D2-89
mini coopers drool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.