Spiderman & Wolverine vs Thing & Colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
Happens in an unlimited area that resembles New York.

Dark Thor
thing and Colossus

Tony Stark
No question the two powerhouses trounce them quickly.

THING and Colossus win

Creshosk
Why is wolverine in this fight?

Couldn't spiderman's webbing hold either of them? Particularly if he webs them up in a compromising position to each other?

I could just picture that, he manages to web them up in such a way that if anyone saw them the first thing that would be said is:

"It isn't what it looks like!"

Pointinel
^LOL

black robb
Colossus and Thing could take on either one and win

who?-kid
Colossus is the big problem here for SM and Wolverine.

Juntai
Didn't Wolverine take on the FF recently in his book?
And I think he can snickety Collosus too.

golem370
Thing and Colossus vs Iron Man and She Hulk

pr1983
Colossus and Thing take this... Wolverine cant hurt colossus, neither can spidey, only hope to slow him down...

IRTMU-Dragon
Uh. This match... is... retarded.

They both... have over 80 ton strength... one bash... to the face... and spiderman... is down.

Ok, in other words. Why dont we match The Hulk against Ant Man...

Wait... Bad example because that is highly debated...

How bout' while were at it... We match The Mask, against Spiderman? Hmm. Same principles.

CorderaMitchell
Thing and Colossus

IRTMU-Dragon
Yeah, thing would be all like

"I can either kick ass or chew bubblegum, and im all outta gum" Wouldnt he?

CorderaMitchell
Thats what duke says, lol.

Piedmon
Spidey has no good way to take down Peter or Ben, but Wolverine does. He can retract his middle claw and stab Colossus through the eyes--first, though, he tears Ben a new one (we've seen him do it before), while Spidey ties up Colossus.

Not that that's necessarily how it would go. I'm just saying Spidey and Wolverine can win if they fight as a team and play it smart. This fight is up in the air, 5/5.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Piedmon
Spidey has no good way to take down Peter or Ben, but Wolverine does. He can retract his middle claw and stab Colossus through the eyes--first, though, he tears Ben a new one (we've seen him do it before), while Spidey ties up Colossus.

Not that that's necessarily how it would go. I'm just saying Spidey and Wolverine can win if they fight as a team and play it smart. This fight is up in the air, 5/5.

I think Colossus's eyes wont' work, do you know the chances of that happeneing, ben and colossus would tear him apart before he got the chance.

The only thing is webbing, but they're too strong and yadda yadda, Ben and Peter win.

long pig
Who says Wolverine can't stab Colossus?
The only time he tried that I know of was in an ultimate issue, not 616.

Spider man is there to keep them busy, and hold them with web while Wolverine cuts them up.

Entirely possible.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by long pig
Who says Wolverine can't stab Colossus?
The only time he tried that I know of was in an ultimate issue, not 616.

Spider man is there to keep them busy, and hold them with web while Wolverine cuts them up.

Entirely possible.
]
We've been over this, he very well has the stronger metal, but he hasn't the STRENGTH to drive that metal through colossus, read the wolverine vs colossus thread.

Its like having one of those kitchen knives that are superrazor sharp, and trying to cut into a can that is ALUMINUM all the way through...

You can nick the surface, but you aren't forcing it all the way through, you need more STRENGTH...

I can bump the thread.

Colossus and Thing win...

long pig
Colossus is no more durable than Hulk or Abomination.

Both of those got cut.

CorderaMitchell
Colossus is no more durable than Hulk or Abomination.

Both of those got cut.

He can cut pierce the metal, but he doesn't have enough force to drive it in, his metal is too dense at logans current strength, do you see what I mean?

long pig
How can you tell?

Hulk's skin is denser than Colossus metal.

Logic dictates Wolverine would be able to pierce Colossus skin as easy or easier.
Especially while Spiderman has webbed them up to where they can't move.

Rip for the stabbing.

Thing would go down first, and if they incapacitate Colossus, it counts as a win.

Draco69
Thunderclap. Thunderclap. Thunderclap.

CorderaMitchell
How can you tell?

Hulk's skin is denser than Colossus metal.

Logic dictates Wolverine would be able to pierce Colossus skin as easy or easier.
Especially while Spiderman has webbed them up to where they can't move.

Rip for the stabbing.

Thing would go down first, and if they incapacitate Colossus, it counts as a win.

I understand that it would be a win, though not likely.

Wolverine wasn't able to stab hulk originally was he?

Anyway I'll bump the thread, so you can see what I mean...

long pig
Why not?

What's your point?
Thing was class 4 ton, Spiderman had man-made webbing, Colossus was class 10 ton, Superman couldn't fly, he only could jump.
Characters evolve.

MrHeavySilence
Wolverine can take Colossus. Thing is a smarter yet weaker Hulk so I don't know..it might take both Wolverine and Spider man to bring him down.

Draco69
As I said before: Multiple Thunderclaps.

Or jump real high into the sky and cause a detonation from impact.

armandovalles
Ben and Pete win easily. Nothing either of them can do can hurt the Thing or Colossus, and dont say that the Thing already got bithced by Wolvie cuz he didnt, i have the comic were he scars him and it barely even effects Ben. The only thing it really did was get him pissed off.

Or, since i think Ben weighs more and Colossus is a little stronger, Colossus could throw Ben thousands of feet into the air and when he comes down he would make a shockwave so big it would level NY.

jinzin
thunderclaps...hear them roar...thunder thunder thunder THUNDERCLAPS!

jinzin
it's pretty sad really.....all they have to do is play pattycake and they get a win by default....it's pathetic........

but in wolverine's defense HE DID OWN THING man...where you been?

and it sufficiently weakend ben when his face got jacked up....

jinzin

Tony Stark
Originally posted by jinzin

roll eyes (sarcastic)

jinzin
roll eyes (sarcastic) clearly thing is more durable than hulk...always has been right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Creshosk
roll eyes (sarcastic) clearly thing is more durable than hulk...always has been right? roll eyes (sarcastic) What outfit is that?

jinzin
DEATH I SAY.....DEATH....

Creshosk
DEATH I SAY.....DEATH.... I want that outfit. . . except for the headgear. . . I prefer my helmet design, but that armor is nice.

Tony Stark
roll eyes (sarcastic) clearly thing is more durable than hulk...always has been right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Not at all.

Ben's skin at this time is slightly less durable than The HULK's.

The question wasn't can wolverine cut anyone was it?

I can show you more than one occurrence when it showed wolvie not being able to cut through either one of their skins too. It depends on the writer. And you know this.

The question in this thread is who would win between

THING/Colossus vs. Spiderman/Wolverine

The answer still is THING/Colossus.

Is it not.

8.5/10

jinzin

of course we COULD go back to direct comparisons...who looks like they're winning here?

jinzin
cause it definitely ain't this guy...

jinzin
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Not at all.

Ben's skin at this time is slightly less durable than The HULK's.

The question wasn't can wolverine cut anyone was it?

I can show you more than one occurrence when it showed wolvie not being able to cut through either one of their skins also it depends on the writer. And you know this.

The question in this thread is who would win between

THING/Colossus vs. Spiderman/Wolverine

The answer still is THING/Colossus.

Is it not.

8.5/10

well your snide post certainly seemed to deviate from the question..but yes..I agree...

jinzin
Originally posted by Creshosk
I want that outfit. . . except for the headgear. . . I prefer my helmet design, but that armor is nice.

nice but hard as **** to get down...I've been sculpting a wolverine/death marvel classics fig for weeks now...this ***** is tuff....

Creshosk
nice but hard as **** to get down...I've been sculpting a wolverine/death marvel classics fig for weeks now...this ***** is tuff.... What part is giving you the most problems?

jinzin
the armgaurds..they are drawn differently in each and every panal in the book..suttle differences...but they also limit the forearm articulation like a mofo....

Creshosk
the armgaurds..they are drawn differently in each and every panal in the book..suttle differences...but they also limit the forearm articulation like a mofo.... Maybe something like:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v62/Creshosk/Boring/creshoskfigure2.jpg

jinzin
lol..that's cool..bet you wish it was real huh?

Creshosk
lol..that's cool..bet you wish it was real huh? Sure do lol.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
Wolverine can take Colossus. Thing is a smarter yet weaker Hulk so I don't know..it might take both Wolverine and Spider man to bring him down.

Wolverine can't sufficiently hurt Colossus.

DarkCrawler

Ah, one more of the amazing stab pictures. How can ONE stab from Wolverine that doesn't even hit a fatal place (Unless Thing's heart is in his shoulder or something) put down guys who take hits from Hulk, and who actually have beat Hulk?

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Ah, one more of the amazing stab pictures. How can ONE stab from Wolverine that doesn't even hit a fatal place (Unless Thing's heart is in his shoulder or something) put down guys who take hits from Hulk, and who actually have beat Hulk?

Funny how "logic" is resorted when it comes to one stabs, but nothing else.

Pointinel
lol at the hate

Metalmanx
Colossus and Thing pretty easily win.

Wolverine can't pierce Colossus's organic steel skin. It's too dense and Wolvie does not have the strength in which to do so. CM already took care of that explanation for me. Colossus's eyeballs EASILY deflect .45 Magnum bullets directly to the eye. Again, Wolvie doesn't have the strength to do any damage to the eyes.

Colossus stomps Wolvie, and then aid Thing in captuing Spidey.

Then, sadly, stomp him, too.

Edit: If I remember correctly, Wolvie could indeed stab through Hulk, but Hulk healed SO FAST, that the wholes were completely healed by the time Wolvie pulled his claws out.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Pointinel
lol at the hate
lol at the ignorance....

jinzin

ummmm incase you didn't notice....wolverine is one of those guys too.... confused

jinzin
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Colossus and Thing pretty easily win.

Wolverine can't pierce Colossus's organic steel skin. It's too dense and Wolvie does not have the strength in which to do so. CM already took care of that explanation for me. Colossus's eyeballs EASILY deflect .45 Magnum bullets directly to the eye. Again, Wolvie doesn't have the strength to do any damage to the eyes.

Colossus stomps Wolvie, and then aid Thing in captuing Spidey.

Then, sadly, stomp him, too.

Edit: If I remember correctly, Wolvie could indeed stab through Hulk, but Hulk healed SO FAST, that the wholes were completely healed by the time Wolvie pulled his claws out.

well he didn't heal that fast...but very damned close....

anywho..like I said the stong guys win by playing a game of thunderclap-pattycake...

Creshosk
I'm surprised. I thought that more people would be saying that Spiderman's webbing could hold these two. . .so these two are strong enough to break out of Spiderman's webbing?

What exactly is the maximum that the webbing can hold?

jinzin
what's the assumption that he'll be webbing them too exactly...it's not like these two guys are gonna be standing in a doorway or in a thin alley way between two walls where spiderman can effectively web them to the doors or walls and make them stuck there..............I mean otherwise he's just spraying webbing on them...which though annoying doesn't really reduce their mobility.....it's like being hit with silly string..."okay now I have silly string on me...I can still move around just fine....i just have annoying silly string on me.....so what?"........the same thing applies to the trio thread...so what if he does hit them with webbing...unless there are an abundance of walls to web them to...and they are already backed up TO those walls....he's just hitting them with annoying webbing....so what?

Creshosk
what's the assumption that he'll be webbing them too exactly...it's not like these two guys are gonna be standing in a doorway or in a thin alley way between two walls where spiderman can effectively web them to the doors or walls and make them stuck there..............I mean otherwise he's just spraying webbing on them...which though annoying doesn't really reduce their mobility.....it's like being hit with silly string..."okay now I have silly string on me...I can still move around just fine....i just have annoying silly string on me.....so what?"........the same thing applies to the trio thread...so what if he does hit them with webbing...unless there are an abundance of walls to web them to...and they are already backed up TO those walls....he's just hitting them with annoying webbing....so what? Well I just thought with all the "The webbings held stronger heros than wolverine" line had some validity. . . but now I'm going o have to question who, who was stronger that was held by the stuff?

jinzin
off the top of my head... it's held thing, venom, and a robot. Thing and the robot both were caught in a doorway when it happened...venom got hit with impact webbing by the spider clone which actually GREW after impact and effectively cacooned him...but then he broke out anyways.... but peter doesn't have impact webbing so.............

I know there's an assload more examples I just can't think of them right now...

Creshosk
off the top of my head... it's held thing, venom, and a robot. Thing and the robot both were caught in a doorway when it happened...venom got hit with impact webbing by the spider clone which actually GREW after impact and effectively cacooned him...but then he broke out anyways.... but peter doesn't have impact webbing so.............

I know there's an assload more examples I just can't think of them right now... And so Thing has gotten strong enough to not be held by the webbing anymore? How strong was he then?

jinzin
things in the class 80 to 95 range I thought...I think he can easily get through the webbing, it's simply that when he got caught his feet couldn't quite touch the ground and his lack of leverage combined with the elasticity of the webbing made it near impossible for him to get free...the very thing that works in wolverine's favor to get free worked AGAINST thing..which is why the "it's held stronger opponents" argument is flawed...the stronger oponents try to escape through use of brute strength...it's like pulling on a huge rubber band...eventually the rubberband snaps back...you may as well try fighting air...now cutting a rubberband however...

jinzin
if venom could break free from being completely cacooned by webbing, I'd venture to say so can anyone else in the class 20 range and above..using brute strength alone...

Creshosk
Interesting. . . Then maybe 120 pounds/square millimeter might be right. . . and it really would be a liquid steel. . .

armandovalles
there's no way Spidey's webbing can hold the Thing. Ie seen Rhino break out of tons of it like it was nothing, so i think the Thing, who is far stronger than Rhino, should be able to break out extremely easily.

jinzin
actually rhino and classic thing were pretty head and head in terms of brute strength..rhino's just such a retarded guy that he doesn't know how to properly use his..thing does....

and I agree...like I said if venom can break free from being completely cacooned by tons of it with brute strength alone so can anyone else who has more than class 20 strength...

DarkCrawler
ummmm incase you didn't notice....wolverine is one of those guys too.... confused

I haven't still seen any pictures of Wolverine beating Hulk under his own power. Well yeah, this, but it's really odd. All I know from that page is that Hulk has beaten Wolverine at least 4 times, and Wolverine one times.

Namor has beaten Hulk two times. Hulk has never clearly knocked him out. stick out tongue

jinzin
I haven't still seen any pictures of Wolverine beating Hulk under his own power. Well yeah, this, but it's really odd. All I know from that page is that Hulk has beaten Wolverine at least 4 times, and Wolverine one times.

Namor has beaten Hulk two times. Hulk has never clearly knocked him out. stick out tongue

no offense but that site is extremely bias and misleading....i could get into it but I'll just say this: it's not the best source for finding out what happened in a given hulk fight...

Creshosk
"Hulk punches Wolverine in mouth, Wolverine is still concious, but this is a win for hulk."

So just punching someone counts as a win?

DarkCrawler
no offense but that site is extremely bias and misleading....i could get into it but I'll just say this: it's not the best source for finding out what happened in a given hulk fight...

Umm...well, may you tell me about the fights they had and how Wolverine won?

jinzin
sure..I'll get on it tomarrow k?

CorderaMitchell
"Hulk punches Wolverine in mouth, Wolverine is still concious, but this is a win for hulk."

So just punching someone counts as a win?

Hulk ko'ed wolverine with a brushing punch, you know what that means, right?

Tony Stark

cool

This post is what i consider a snide comment.

I missed mine.

CorderaMitchell
lol, socked it TO him...

jinzin
cool

This post is what i consider a snide comment.

I missed mine.

what does thathave to do with our pic posting duel? we were discussing things durability to logans claws....this pic is of no relivance to anything....are you even aware logan was the only member of the new avengers to hurt wrecker during that fight?

yeah that's right spiderman got tossed like a rag doll too...

Metalmanx
actually rhino and classic thing were pretty head and head in terms of brute strength..rhino's just such a retarded guy that he doesn't know how to properly use his..thing does....

and I agree...like I said if venom can break free from being completely cacooned by tons of it with brute strength alone so can anyone else who has more than class 20 strength...

Correct me if I'm wrong, really, but I'm under the assumption that Venom has powerful, sharp claws on each hand. At least that's what it looks like to me. Now if this is true, then he would indeed have something with which to cut the webbing to free himself.

Also, if I remember correctly, Spidey's web has a tensile strength of about 120,000 lbs/meter. I think. Yea, that's right (Sorry, I'm REALLY tired today). Even though it has held many a superstrong opponent before, Thing and Colossus have both grown to such extreme strength levels that they would be able to break the webbing with sufficient strength, since both of them are of class 100 and all.

Creshosk
120,000,000 lbs/meter squared. Which is about 534 Mpa

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&rls=GGLG%2CGGLG%3A2005-32%2CGGLG%3Aen& amp;q=120+pounds%2Fmillimeter+squared+in+megapasca
ls

-or-

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&rls=GGLG%2CGGLG%3A2005-32%2CGGLG%3Aen& amp;q=120000000+pounds+%2F+%28meters+squared%29+in
+megapascals

Which is less than high grade steel. sad

http://www.efunda.com/materials/alloys/carbon_steels/show_carbon.cfm?ID=AISI_1040&prop=uts&Page_Title=Carbon%20Steel%20AISI%2010xx

Metalmanx
Which is about 534 Mpa

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&rls=GGLG%2CGGLG%3A2005-32%2CGGLG%3Aen& amp;q=120+pounds%2Fmillimeter+squared+in+megapasca
ls

-or-

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&rls=GGLG%2CGGLG%3A2005-32%2CGGLG%3Aen& amp;q=120000000+pounds+%2F+%28meters+squared%29+in
+megapascals

Which is less than high grade steel. sad

http://www.efunda.com/materials/alloys/carbon_steels/show_carbon.cfm?ID=AISI_1040&prop=uts&Page_Title=Carbon%20Steel%20AISI%2010xx

Thank you for correcting me. Really. I actually did forget the exact number and the "squared" part. Sorry about that. But you handled it.

Creshosk
Thank you for correcting me. Really. I actually did forget the exact number and the "squared" part. Sorry about that. But you handled it. I still think the number is a little low for what he's done in the comics. . .

Metalmanx
I agree. Definitely. The things that he has done, the moving objects he's stopped before...

The opponents he's held back with his webbing...

It leads the fan to believe it's stronger than even what is said about it.

Creshosk
I agree. Definitely. The things that he has done, the moving objects he's stopped before...

The opponents he's held back with his webbing...

It leads the fan to believe it's stronger than even what is said about it. That's one of the reasons why I'm very skeptical of the stats we're given. . .

Tony Stark
what does thathave to do with our pic posting duel? we were discussing things durability to logans claws....this pic is of no relivance to anything....are you even aware logan was the only member of the new avengers to hurt wrecker during that fight?

The THING's dominated The Wrecker by himself while drunk.

So your point is????

Creshosk

So your point is???? The Thing has gotten drunk before?

Dude! That's alot of alcohol. . .

jinzin

So your point is????

my point is your pic had no relivance to anything in a side argument of whether logan can cut thing or not...which he can and has...

Tony Stark
The Thing has gotten drunk before?

Dude! That's alot of alcohol. . .

Ben has been known to tip a few from time to time. Watching the game and such.

Tony Stark
my point is your pic had no relivance to anything in a side argument of whether logan can cut thing or not...which he can and has...

My bad i didn't know it was a picture thing...

jinzin

The MISTER
what's the assumption that he'll be webbing them too exactly...it's not like these two guys are gonna be standing in a doorway or in a thin alley way between two walls where spiderman can effectively web them to the doors or walls and make them stuck there..............I mean otherwise he's just spraying webbing on them...which though annoying doesn't really reduce their mobility.....it's like being hit with silly string..."okay now I have silly string on me...I can still move around just fine....i just have annoying silly string on me.....so what?"........the same thing applies to the trio thread...so what if he does hit them with webbing...unless there are an abundance of walls to web them to...and they are already backed up TO those walls....he's just hitting them with annoying webbing....so what?

This post makes good sense in this thread vs these guys. ( somehow this very same post found it's way into another thread and didn't make much sense) Now I get it.

agreed. the webbing would only be usefull as far as blinding these guys momentarily allowing wolverine an opening. other than that, liquid steel is not going to hamper the thing and colossus.

The MISTER
my point is your pic had no relivance to anything in a side argument of whether logan can cut thing or not...which he can and has... You know the last few posts just proved that you can't take what a character says about what they can and can't do as facts.

jinzin
what has logan done more often though?.............

what's he more likely to do then?

Creshosk
Ben has been known to tip a few from time to time. Watching the game and such. Yeah but he's drinking buddies with the midget.

Tony Stark
Yeah but he's drinking buddies with the midget.

Yes Ben's had a few beers with Wolverine in the past, but that wouldn't stop him from ko'ing him again.

It's only beer.

Creshosk
Yes Ben's had a few beers with Wolverine in the past, but that wouldn't stop him from ko'ing him again.

It's only beer. That wasn't what I was saying. Wolverine and Thing are both heavy weights when it comes to drinking.

To get either drunk you'd need a massive amount of alcohol.

Unlike certain other characters. . .

CorderaMitchell

Spidey envy...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.