Franklin Richards vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark Thor
They duel in the Andes

Mainstream
the kid goes down corpse

Dark Thor
ya feel me?

Mainstream
fo shizzle (I don't believe it but I've be type casted)

Xplosive
Easy win for Richards. Let's face it, Thanos isn't even close match for his powers.

Mainstream
okay...the FF kid wins....go Frankie go Frankie dancingeek3

DigiMark007
The Celestials respect Franklin...Thanos is in trouble.

Mainstream
Originally posted by DigiMark007
The Celestials respect Franklin...Thanos is in trouble.

indeed...at the risk of sounding cheesey....Franklin has the pooooower!!!!!!!

GalacticStorm
Id go for Thanos. Franklin is woefully inexperienced in the use of his powers. He created that pocket universe subconsciously out fear and love for his family and dont say "oh if he can do that subconsciously think what he can do when blah blah blah" It doesnt work like that and for obvious reasons. He isnt skilled up at the high level required to take Thanos down unless someone can prove me wrong with scans of 616 Franklin in battle?

Franklin gets incinerated.

GalacticStorm
Power isnt everything

Dark Thor
can Franklin beat Galactus? (this question is to those who say that the kid can beat Thanos)

Mainstream
Big G will bottom

Xplosive
Originally posted by Dark Thor
can Franklin beat Galactus? (this question is to those who say that the kid can beat Thanos)

If he would have full control of his power and experience, he has the power to humiliate Galactus and than put him out of existence like Galactus would never exist, so that he would spare him to live with that humilitation. Marvel normal human beings are evolving into superior beings that will be above abstracts. Richards may be a first example of that future human.
For Thanos, even without experience, his power would be too much. And also here out of fear he would create something against Thanos and Thanos would regret he ever saw FR.

armandovalles
If this is the older Franklin Richards, who called himself Psi-Lord, then Psi-Lord wins. If its the young one, Thanos wins.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Xplosive
If he would have full control of his power and experience, he has the power to humiliate Galactus and than put him out of existence like Galactus would never exist, so that he would spare him to live with that humilitation. Marvel normal human beings are evolving into superior beings that will be above abstracts. Richards may be a first example of that future human.
For Thanos, even without experience, his power would be too much. And also here out of fear he would create something against Thanos and Thanos would regret he ever saw FR.

We're talking about Franklin as he is now. So we're in agreement then, Thanos would win.

Omega mutants are those closest potentially to reaching that final stage of evolution. Hence their name. Franklin has yet to be classified as an omega mutant.

Xplosive
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
We're talking about Franklin as he is now. So we're in agreement then, Thanos would win.

Omega mutants are those closest potentially to reaching that final stage of evolution. Hence their name. Franklin has yet to be classified as an omega mutant.

No, we are not in agrememnt. For Thanos, even without experience, his power would be too much. And also here out of fear he would create something against Thanos and Thanos would regret he ever saw FR.
From www.Marvel.com and we all know that:
Franklin Richards is a mutant with potential FAR beyond that of other mutants.

GalacticStorm
No, we are not in agrememnt. For Thanos, even without experience, his power would be too much. And also here out of fear he would create something against Thanos and Thanos would regret he ever saw FR.
From www.Marvel.com and we all know that:
Franklin Richards is a mutant with potential FAR beyond that of other mutants.

Have you ever seen Franklin Richards in battle? Have you any scans to show me his battle prowess? For most of the time dampeners are placed on Franlins power, he has absolutely no clue about using his power for higher level things. One blast and Franklin is dead. We're talking about Thanos here the being who outsmarted and defeated the elders, the being who has defeated Kosmos(the Beyonder) in an energy battle. Not because he was nore powerful than them, but because his experience with high energy manipulation is exceptional. He was able to turn the Beyonders power against him. Franklin for most of his existence has only used his power consciously for low level actions such as astral projection and low level telepathy etc. He subconsciously created a pocket world for the fallen heroes. He doesnt have a clue how he did it.

Thanos would incinerate him.

As for Franklin having the greatest potential thats not true anymore. The ultimate potential of any mutation is phoenix. That is current continuity. Omega mutants are those who are closest potentially to reaching this stage of ultimate mutation.

Xplosive
Have you ever seen Franklin Richards in battle? Have you any scans to show me his battle prowess? For most of the time dampeners are placed on Franlins power, he has absolutely no clue about using his power for higher level things. One blast and Franklin is dead. We're talking about Thanos here the being who outsmarted and defeated the elders, the being who has defeated Kosmos(the Beyonder) in an energy battle. Not because he was nore powerful than them, but because his experience with high energy manipulation is exceptional. He was able to turn the Beyonders power against him. Franklin for most of his existence has only used his power consciously for low level actions such as astral projection and low level telepathy etc. He subconsciously created a pocket world for the fallen heroes. He doesnt have a clue how he did it.

Thanos would incinerate him.

As for Franklin having the greatest potential thats not true anymore. The ultimate potential of any mutation is phoenix. That is current continuity. Omega mutants are those who are closest potentially to reaching this stage of ultimate mutation.

Who cares that about Phoenix, Jean and those still depends on influence of outside force. When PF leaves her, she is nothing.

GalacticStorm
Who cares that about Phoenix, Jean and those still depends on influence of outside force. When PF leaves her, she is nothing.

XP we're having a debate here dont get catty because i corrected you. Theres no need. Lets converse like grown ups.

Phoenix force cant leave her because theres no such thing. By that i mean theres no seperate firebird entity. Jean literally is phoenix. She evolved and became a phoenix. Anyway this isnt about Phoenix, its about Thanos and Franklin and FR in his present state loses.

Xplosive
XP i we're having a debate here dont get catty because i corrected you. Theres no need. Lets converse like grown ups.

Phoenix force cant leave her because theres no such thing. By that i mean theres no seperate firebird entity. Jean literally is phoenix. She evolved and became a phoenix. Anyway this isnt about Phoenix, its about Thanos and Franklin and FR in his present state loses.

For me most important is that FR already at 3 years had more power than Thanos. So theris no PF!

Marvelgeek
Id go for Thanos. Franklin is woefully inexperienced in the use of his powers. He created that pocket universe subconsciously out fear and love for his family and dont say "oh if he can do that subconsciously think what he can do when blah blah blah" It doesnt work like that and for obvious reasons. He isnt skilled up at the high level required to take Thanos down unless someone can prove me wrong with scans of 616 Franklin in battle?

Franklin gets incinerated.
Franklin has indeed great power available subconsciously, and if it were to be a situation where Thanos would kill the boy, wouldn't Franklins subcounscious do everything it could to preserve his well-being, ie access all power at franklins disposal? stick out tongue That is of course unless Franklin has got some inate death wish. confused

GalacticStorm
For me most important is that FR already at 3 years had more power than Thanos.

That isnt the most important part at all. The most important part in terms of this battle is that Franklin for all of his power doesnt have a clue how to use it, he cant consciously pull of the kind of high level energy manipulations required to destroy Thanos. With experience he could and rather easily at that. Unfortunately Franklin as he is now just doesnt cut it. He's had Power dampeners on ever since his powers emerged and he has little to no battle experience with his full power.

It would be like putting a complete amateur in a state of the art fighter jet and putting them against a war veteran armed with a rocket launcher. Before that amateur has figured out how to even get the plane off the ground theyre dead.

It was very grown up of you to apologise for the cattines. Much appreciated.

GalacticStorm
Phoenixes are beings who have evolved to the point of ultimate mutation wherein they transcend the physical and become one with the primal force of creation. Thats what makes them a phoenix. The 86 retcon maade up a phoenix force which posessed people. Anyway no more phoenix talk its all been done.

Xplosive
That isnt the most important part at all. The most important part in terms of this battle is that Franklin for all of his power doesnt have a clue how to use it, he cant consciously pull of the kind of high level energy manipulations required to destroy Thanos. With experience he could and rather easily at that. Unfortunately Franklin as he is now just doesnt cut it. He's had Power dampeners on ever since his powers emerged and he has little to no battle experience with his full power.

It would be like putting a complete amateur in a state of the art fighter jet and putting them against a war veteran armed with a rocket launcher. Before that amateur has figured out how to even get the plane off the ground theyre dead.

It was very grown up of you to apologise for the cattines. Much appreciated.

You said out of fear he released high level power, which I also knew that, it may be very possible against Thanos would happen that. Thanos would undererestimate him, what can kid do, enough time for FR to release and Thanos would regret. Or Thanos would kill him immedatelly, or Thanos would want to leave kid alone, which would again be mistake.

GalacticStorm
You said out of fear he released high level power, which I also knew that, it may be very possible against Thanos would happen that. Thanos would undererestimate him, what can kid do, enough time for FR to release and Thanos would regret. Or Thanos would kill him immedatelly, or Thanos would want to leave kid alone, which would again be mistake.

All speculation and none of it is supported by thanos' appearances in comics. Thanos is ruthless and he is a super genius he would be well aware of Franklins potential and greater power and he would either incinerate him straight up, or he would incapacitate him in order to take advantage of Franklins great power. Either way would be a win. Franklin loses in his current state

Nataku8188
Thanos would curb stomp Franklin, and possibly even beat Psi-lord. Thanos has shown the ability to beat much more powerful foes time in and time out.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Thanos would curb stomp Franklin, and possibly even beat Psi-lord. Thanos has shown the ability to beat much more powerful foes time in and time out.

Theres a good boy big grin

Xplosive
Originally posted by Nataku8188

Psi-Lord would make him his slave.

Nataku8188
Psi-Lord would make him his slave.

Please sir, explain to me how?

GalacticStorm
Any takers?

leonidas
well, psi-lord has enough psionic power to create universes. likely the only entity more powerful in a psionic sense would be phoenix/someone weilding the phoenix force/avatar/whatever they are called . . . he also has precog and his psionic abilities can be manifested in countless ways.

seems even the celestials were willing to call franky at his full potential an equal. so rather than us telling you why psi-lord WOULD own thanos, tell us exactly how thanos would AVOID getting owned. and pretty well anyone else as well.

Xplosive
Originally posted by leonidas
well, psi-lord has enough psionic power to create universes. likely the only entity more powerful in a psionic sense would be phoenix/someone weilding the phoenix force/avatar/whatever they are called . . . he also has precog and his psionic abilities can be manifested in countless ways.

seems even the celestials were willing to call franky at his full potential an equal. so rather than us telling you why psi-lord WOULD own thanos, tell us exactly how thanos would AVOID getting owned. and pretty well anyone else as well.

Like I said, Psi-Lord could make him his slave.
And what I can say, I don't think Celestials have the power on such scale as FR natural power offers him.
FR full power>Celestial full power
Celestial said he was equal to them, cause they didn't want t say he is above them. And FR may be example of future humans, who is said they will be above abstracts. I wouldn't be suprised if FR full potential is above abstracts, with exception of Living Tribunal and wielder of PF.

dawsey28
I think Franklin's immaturity and Thanos' wits need to come into play here.

Thanos once outsmarted the Elders of the Universe.

Just something to think about.

GalacticStorm
This thread isnt about Psi Lord. Its about Franklin Richards in hi scurrent form, who would lose without a doubt I.M.O

leonidas
i was simply responding to the offer of psi-lord making thanos his slave.

as far as fr goes - these unclear character types are difficult to debate. if thanos was coming for him would fr's precog warn him? possibly. would his powers erupt subconsciously if thanos tried to fry him? possibly. then again, thanos might well frighten fr into submission without using ANY power. perhaps he could tell him he has his parents and is going to kill them if fr fights back. or maybe fr's powers WOULDn'T flare up at all and it would be as easy as walking up to him and thanos crushing his throat. too many variables in this to determine a winner. ultimately, in the face of fr's powers, all of thanos's tactics would be useless IF fr could somehow activate them. if he can't, then thanos could kill him as easily as he could kill any human child.

kgkg
This thread isnt about Psi Lord. Its about Franklin Richards in hi scurrent form, who would lose without a doubt I.M.O
This is strange isn't it?

leonidas
<<This is strange isn't it?>>

why? because thanos is going up against a 5yr old kid who has no understanding of his powers? what's strange about that?

smile

Xplosive

as far as fr goes - these unclear character types are difficult to debate. if thanos was coming for him would fr's precog warn him? possibly. would his powers erupt subconsciously if thanos tried to fry him? possibly. then again, thanos might well frighten fr into submission without using ANY power. perhaps he could tell him he has his parents and is going to kill them if fr fights back. or maybe fr's powers WOULDn'T flare up at all and it would be as easy as walking up to him and thanos crushing his throat. too many variables in this to determine a winner. ultimately, in the face of fr's powers, all of thanos's tactics would be useless IF fr could somehow activate them. if he can't, then thanos could kill him as easily as he could kill any human child.

Good and right

spidermonkey

Thank God somebody said it!!! smile

Draco69
Franklin is STILL five?

Solidus Snake
experience over power for this one

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by kgkg
This is strange isn't it?

I never made the thread. Like you im merely responding to it.

kgkg
no one gets the joke sad

GalacticStorm
no one gets the joke sad

Sorry im really bad at getting jokes. Youre gonna have to spell it out for me lol

kgkg
Sorry im really bad at getting jokes. Youre gonna have to spell it out for me lol
If I do that it won't be a joke anymore
sad

GalacticStorm
If I do that it won't be a joke anymore
sad

Ok im gonna read everything again to see if i get it. If not you're gonna have to tell me lol

GalacticStorm
Im stumped. KG youre gonna have to tell me lol. It doesnt matter if it isnt a joke anymore, because noone got it in the first place lol

leonidas
well, if it makes you feel better gs, i'm lost too . . . sad

kg, you're just too damn clever for us.

kgkg
Everyone is lost

Slowly the joke fades like the silent wind

MAHAAAAAAAA

Dizzle
It could definitely be that GS is adamant in his stance AGAINST a mutant... Dunno if I've ever seen this meself, for that matter.

Of course, kgkg could be on an entirely different train of thought, and the two are heading for each other, but luckily someone left a penny on the rails, so one of the trains is launched off of the tracks to safety. With only a few minor injuries. (how's that for off topic, semi-related rambling?)

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Dizzle
It could definitely be that GS is adamant in his stance AGAINST a mutant... Dunno if I've ever seen this meself, for that matter.

Of course, kgkg could be on an entirely different train of thought, and the two are heading for each other, but luckily someone left a penny on the rails, so one of the trains is launched off of the tracks to safety. With only a few minor injuries. (how's that for off topic, semi-related rambling?)

WTF?!!! confused

Nataku8188

The same way he does every thing, by being smarter. Obviously he's got more raw power, but has that ever stopped Thanos? How about when Thanos beat the Grandmaster? No matter how powerful the opponent, Thanos is one of those guys who ALWAYS has a small chance to win, unless you just wanna throw them in a box together and say "Kill eachother". Of course, what feats does Psi-lord have as far as actual showings? Could you give me some comic names/numbers so I can look it up myself?

leonidas
<<The same way he does every thing, by being smarter. Obviously he's got more raw power, but has that ever stopped Thanos? How about when Thanos beat the Grandmaster? No matter how powerful the opponent, Thanos is one of those guys who ALWAYS has a small chance to win, unless you just wanna throw them in a box together and say "Kill eachother".>>

he beat all the elders 1on1, but ss has beaten most of them as well. and isn't throwing them in a box and saying kill each other the point of these bloodlust, hypothetical fights? and don't forget fr's precog which warns him (sometimes!) well in advance of any potential threat. as for feats - psilord wasn't in many issues and i can't recall any 'feats' off the top of my head because it was a while ago, but check out ff 375 and up. as psilord, i THINK fr had already selfimposed some restrictions on his powers so even as psilord i don't think he was at full strength - which would approach celestial level or higher. or maybe he was for a time. damn, can't remember. f#$#@!^ confusing story arc. anyway, a good description of psilord's powers is this short one:

<<Richards suffers from a mutation resulting in vast psionic abilities enabling tremendous telepathic and telekinetic powers, an ability to fire blast of mental energy, and rearrange the molecular structure of matter on a cosmic scale.>>

in 'days of future past' (the xmen arc) i believe he is called the most powerful mutant to ever exist - or something close to that, putting him even above nate at his fullest potential.

maybe you won't find much in those issues in the way of feats, i don't know. maybe i'll take a look as well. i hated the art and story in those ff books -- guess the simonson arc spoiled me. smile

K Von Doom
Isn't Thanos immune to reality manipulating powers?

leonidas
how could he be?

K Von Doom
From what I know, he and Warlock, are not bound by the laws of Order and Chaos, making them immune to reality manipulators. Well, I think that's why they're immune to it.

leonidas
hmph. that sounds a bit suspect to me. how would order/chaos make him immune to reality warping? anyone confirm/deny?

Richrf
hmph. that sounds a bit suspect to me. how would order/chaos make him immune to reality warping? anyone confirm/deny?

It's unclear. Warlock has being described as being outside the universe yet part of it. At times he seems to be invisible even the the hold of IG!

Thanos is similar I think. They are supposed to be outside destiny,fate As such Their actions and future are pretty much impossible to predict even by the abstracts.

I don't think they are immune to reality warping though.

I'm not sure how useful it is to be outside destiny/fate, it doesn't really have much effect in the comics. At best it's an excuse to explain how beings like Thatos can beat abstracts despite the abstracts knowing the future. But then again quite a few heroes have this ability too smile

In the context of this thread, does it mean he can sidestep FR's precog? I don't know.

leonheartmm
they are not immune to reality warping, no1 is immune to that, and its pretty pointless to put thanos up against a mutant who resurrected galactus himself as one of his most easiest and simplest displays of power, and grandmaster is nothing but a bug infront of franklin.

leonidas
i was aware of warlock's 'weirdness'. didn't think thanos was in the same boat. still not sure i guess.

leonheartmm
franklin wins without a fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.