ROTS Anakin & Palpatine vs. Malak & Bandon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark Thor
Who wins? On Hoth

Darth L. Dipsit
Why Hoth? If they are outdoors, that would seriously handicap all of them (equally, as it is likely to be, which is why I am confused as to the location).

Dark Thor
i do not give a damn where they fight!

Darth Windu
Whoa. That was rather uncalled for, and hopefully a misunderstanding on my part. . . .

Darth L. Dipsit
Originally posted by Dark Thor
i do not give a damn where they fight!

My apologies if I have made offense. There is, however, no need to be upset.

Dark Thor
i wasnt upset. Sometimes i use an exclamation mark for no reason. And i used the italics just to point some things out

Darth Windu
Then what was the point of that statement?

Dark Thor
i meant i didnt care where the battle was

Darth L. Dipsit
I think he means why you put the location of the battle as Hoth in the first place.

Dark Thor
oh. I put it there so when ppl imagine this duel, they can picture the battle occurring in the cold, harsh weather

Darth L. Dipsit
All right. As to the fight, I'm not sure yet. I've always placed Sidious at about the same level as Malak. Anakin, I think, might actually be a little better than Bandon, though I could be wrong. However, Bandon was Malak's actual apprentice, whereas ROTS Anakin hadn't really been trained by Sidious - he was more turned by him. So I think Malak and Bandon might win, though I could be gravely mistaken.

Dark Thor
Im sort of leaning to Malak and Bandon also, but im not entirely sure. We need to wait for Janus to get here

Fishy
Malak is better then Sidious, but could Bandon beat Anakin?

They both have about the same amount of experience, but Bandon faced tougher opponents.

They both had about the same amount of training, but Bandon trained Dark Side and Light Side unlike Anakin who only had Light Side training.

They both turned Dark, but Bandon did it because of a choice, Anakin did it more because he felt it was necessary at that time, because of his emotions.

Malak choose Bandon over hundreds of other possibility's, meaning Bandon had more potential then them and could possibly be stronger.

Sidious took Anakin because Anakin was going to be the best, but he could not have used just anybody he wanted. It was going to be hard to persuade somebody like Yoda or Mace or Obi Wan.

All in all looking at those things I think Bandon is slightly more impressive, But that still doesn't mean all that much to me. I don't know who will win that fight.

Darth Windu
Who has Bandon fought that's more impressive than the people Anakin fought? If you mean Revan, and those (possibly encountered) Council members, along with several Jedi, sure. But he died against Revan, who was the best he ever faced. Lets take a look at who Anakin fought:

- Count Dooku
- Assaj Ventress
- Assaj Ventress (again)
- Durge
- Count Dooku (again)
- A Thousand Jedi
- Cin Drallig (counted separately)
- Obi-Wan Kenobi

So you see, Anakin's fought and killed some god people, even if he didn't kill them the first time they met. Oh yeash, and you can take of the last three if you don't want to count Dark Side actions but, whatever.

Fishy
Still, he never really won from Dooku who is by far the most impressive he ever fought. Yeah sure he killed Dooku but everybody here knows that doesn't really count because Dooku was being an idiot. So who has he actually defeated who has he actually killed that means a lot. Cin Drallig but well he just trained people. The guy himself says he's great but his word alone doesn't mean much to me. He doesn't have much if any real combat experience. He had help with the other Jedi by god knows how many clonetroopers. So then who is most impressive, I honestly can not tell you. I know both were pretty impressive but neither one to the levels of greatness at least for as far as we know.

Dark Thor
Bandon, IMO, can go on par with Anakin, and i think Palp should beat Malak.

Darth Windu
Nah, Palps'll fall. As Fishy and Illustrious said, Sidious nearly lost to a Light-Sider in Yoda. Imagine him fighting a Dark-Sider of power near that of Yoda's.

Darth Somebody
This will sound odd. But if Anakin uses his head - he has before - he will be able to overcome Bandon. His raw power is beyond Malak's or even Sidious's - so Bandon won't stand a chance should Anakin use his head. Having said that, he probably won't, so...

As for the Malak and Sidious issue. Malak is under-estimated. But so is Sidious. I believe Sidious has a superior mastery of the Force than Malak. So, if he uses the same tactics he used against Yoda (such as running, gaining the higher ground, and switching the tactics to Force only) Sidious will win.

Otherwise, Malak would. But only barely.

Darth Somebody
And Darth Windu, Yoda would own Malak.

Emperor Revan
Bandon isn't as strong as Anakin for these reasons, (I think). : Mech Vader is said by Lucas to be about 80% as strong as Sidious. Anakin was stronger in ROTS than as Mech Vader, another Lucas point. Therefore, he must be close to Sidious' power which is close to Yoda's. Revan defeated Bandon and then got so much stronger, defeating even Malak twice in a row. If Bandon is stronger than ROTS Anakin, it would put Bandon close to Yoda's level, meaning Malak would be clearly more powerful than Yoda, and Revan would be twice as strong or more than Yoda, neither of which I believe are even close.

Darth_Frobo
Originally posted by Darth Somebody
This will sound odd. But if Anakin uses his head - he has before - he will be able to overcome Bandon. His raw power is beyond Malak's or even Sidious's - so Bandon won't stand a chance should Anakin use his head. Having said that, he probably won't, so...

As for the Malak and Sidious issue. Malak is under-estimated. But so is Sidious. I believe Sidious has a superior mastery of the Force than Malak. So, if he uses the same tactics he used against Yoda (such as running, gaining the higher ground, and switching the tactics to Force only) Sidious will win.

Otherwise, Malak would. But only barely.

I agree with everything except for Sidous having a better mastery of the force, Malak's learned from korriban,malachor and other places he also was able to make the star forge work at 3 times it's normal level and keep nine dead jedi alive through the force.

Emperor Revan
The Star Forge was merely operating at 300% of projections, I assumed it meant that they had 3 times the army they originally had, but we don't know. And the Star Forge was keeping those Jedi alive, most likely Malak stayed on his ship like usual and didn't do anything when they captured the Jedi.

Darth Somebody
Perhaps you're right. But Sidious himself - as Dark Empire has shown - does indeed have the better mastery of the Force. He was transferred into a clone body, thusly only his physical capabilities were augmented due to the youth of the clone. He is capable of creating Force Storms powerful enough to wipe out Star Destroyers - and when concentrated enough - the power to ravage an entire fleet. This power is also used to transport people from one place to another. Not to mention Sidious is so powerful in the Force, that the dark side energies within him have weakened him - physically - to the point where he had to rely on clones to survive. Some view this as a weakness. I view it as testimony to how powerful he was in the Force.

However. If you're talking about the Sidious that we've seen in Revenge of the Sith - as the title has implied - with the same capabilities he USED, then perhaps you're right. Forgive me for being confused.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.