terminator vs. robocop

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jacobo0o
judgment day who will win??

jacobo0o
astaila beasta baby

jgiant
whats with robocop today? anywho ill go with the govenator because...just because.

Dark Thor
Terminator's stronger

jrodslam
Robocop wins. Better aim, durability, and strength is probably the same.

Piedmon
Robocop's targeting system is superior to the T-900's (I'm assuming you're going with the "classic," Arny Terminator.) He also has the advantage of infra-vision.

The problem is neither one really has the means to damage the other. The Terminator's favored shotgun will bounce off Robocop's metal hide. Robocop's machine pistol will do little more then mess up the Terminator's face.

So the fight gets settled up close and personal. Robocop is not actually as slow as a lot of people think he is, and I think in an up-close fight his heroism would triumph over the Terminator's relentlessness.

MrHeavySilence
Better aim, durability, and strength

BS. Robocop got cut by a japanese robot that did stupid backflips and wasted time. Hell no would Robocop do anything. He cant run very fast either. and Terminators are very good at running smile

Durability? AHEM. Japanese Ninja Robot. the T-800 would take his M79, his AK 47, his M4A1, his smoke gun, his machine gun, and blow a hole in Murphy's head.

K Von Doom
T-1000 would win.

MERCILOUS
Isn't Murphy's armor made out of the same substance as an T100? I'm pretty Murphy's strength is superior at least by feats. So if it came down to melee, I think Murphy can take it.

GGgrievous725
terminator has had to fight way tougher things than robocop and at least put up a good fight he has gone up against superior models and found ways to win and he's gone up against aliens and preds TERMINATOR WINS!!!!

braz
wtf...foreal...^^^ i stepped in this damn thread seein every1 said robocop...n was like omg...at least some of yall have common sense....

The Terminator would OWN Robocop....remember robocop's still part human...he's just some messed up guy thats all blown apart and has some metal attatched to him to keep em alive and so he can move.....the terminator is indestructible...period..no buts about it...thats why he is called the terminator...he destroys whatever stands in his way....he's also alot stronger too...i mean think about it, if it came down to fightin tooth and nail,(which it prolly would cus like piedmon said, theyre weapons will do nothing since theyre metal) T would toss that metal trashcan through a wall and then take his shotgun and blow his jaw up, or what skin still shows of his face.....n plus, robocop can hardly even walk...he moves like hes retarded lmao

jrodslam
Originally posted by braz
wtf...foreal...^^^ i stepped in this damn thread seein every1 said robocop...n was like omg...at least some of yall have common sense....

The Terminator would OWN Robocop....remember robocop's still part human...he's just some messed up guy thats all blown apart and has some metal attatched to him to keep em alive and so he can move.....the terminator is indestructible...period..no buts about it...thats why he is called the terminator...he destroys whatever stands in his way....he's also alot stronger too...i mean think about it, if it came down to fightin tooth and nail,(which it prolly would cus like piedmon said, theyre weapons will do nothing since theyre metal) T would toss that metal trashcan through a wall and then take his shotgun and blow his jaw up, or what skin still shows of his face.....n plus, robocop can hardly even walk...he moves like hes retarded lmao

Its clear you know nothing of Robocop. Robocop being part human makes him more superior imo. He actually has the use of his own common sense as well as programmnig. A guy that was blown apart and has some metal attached? Are you serious? The only part of his body that remains is his brain, eyes. Terminator indestructable? Dont make me laugh. If I recall a certain Teminator movie, he was blown in half by a homemade pipe bomb. He jumped off a truck and got up limping. Hes no where near as durable as Robocop.

The only reason why it appears that Robocop can hardly walk is because the man in the suit couldnt be very mobile in it. Try reading a Robocop comic where his mobility is shown. Plus in ALL of the terminator movies, whenever they show the T-800 exo-skeleton, they walk just like Robocop. Or have you not noticed lol.

Robo owns Terminator.

http://img287.imageshack.us/img287/7061/rvst2315uo.th.jpg

Dark Thor
Originally posted by jrodslam
Robocop wins. Better aim, durability, and strength is probably the same.

So what if he has better aim, Ah-nuld's invulnerable

jrodslam
Originally posted by Dark Thor
So what if he has better aim, Ah-nuld's invulnerable

Only to bullets. Robo is more durable however. Thats what counts.

MERCILOUS
Pretty sure he's stronger too. And if he gets his missle launcher and stuff he's got it in the bag.

thezenbrawler
they had a comic about this already, forgot what it was, but on the cover, it showed robocop holding terminaters head. im going to go google it right now

Hit_and_Miss
Robo cop easy. Better gun slingin abilities!

Also robo cop can string a sentance together unlike arnold, who speaks like "hes retarded lmao"

Robo can fly aswell?? and does anyone remember his gun arm? that was mean! and the spike he has aswell!

Darth Sparhawk
The Terminator. It doesn't feel pain. Robo does. It never hesitates. Robo does. It is stronger and more cunning. The Terminator will win.

jrodslam
What does feeling pain have to do with anything? Terminator isnt stronger. Both strengths are about the same. Robocop is also way more durable. Robo wins!

Darth Sparhawk
I don't think that he is more durable. The Terminator survived what T-1000 did to him in T2, in the end of the movie, which was huge damage.

thezenbrawler
not to mention his head getting detached in t3

jrodslam
Originally posted by Darth Sparhawk
I don't think that he is more durable. The Terminator survived what T-1000 did to him in T2, in the end of the movie, which was huge damage.

You think he would have survived Cain? Honestly. Robocop fell over 100 stories through the ground and then got caught in the middle of a gas line explosion.

In T2, T-800 jumped off the truck and got up limping.

Darth Sparhawk
You think he would have survived Cain?
And you think that robo can defeat T-1000 or the Terminatrix?

Darkstorm Zero
The First Terminator survived a fuel truck explosion too...

The second survived falling from a truck that was moving very fast, being fully impaled, crushed and more, and he STILL defeated the T-1000...

Accuracy? well I'd say the odds are even, the Terminator didn't miss too many shots in T2, even while on the move. Plus he has used a far more extensive range of weapons than Robocop.

Robo on the otherhand, is more durable, having only been dented by the strongest of weapons during the movies (ED209's hand cannons, Cains APFSDS Shoulder Cannon) and if he has his flight pack and gun arm, his maneuerability is greater than the T-800s, as is his firepower...

Against the T-1000 and TX though, i'm not too sure if Robo has the tools needed to take them down.

Darth Sparhawk
Pah, T-1000 will finish Robo in seconds.

K3VIL
T-1000 didn't finished T-800 in seconds, so he would the same with Robocop.I've bought few Robocop comic issues, the guy is running pretty fast in here, rescuing people from buildings that are going to collapse, outrunning cars and so, throwing around huge objects you can find in a city street with major ease.
Robocop'durability was showed on major occasions in the second movie also, he fall from a skyscraper, a SKYSCRAPER, and got up.
He survived to the explosion of a gas tube, he survived it, he survived Cain's weapons shots, the guy also showed considerable superstrenght fighting his enemy in the newfound cyborg body, that was supposed to replace him, but Robocop's human side and policeman skills, plus his human side make him able to overcome Cain's superior weapons and equipement.

Darkstorm Zero
Yes, but thats just foot speed, he moves very stiffely (Overly robotic) around alot while moving.

In the end, I think that it comes down to the scenario... the circumstances of the fight.

Darth Sparhawk
Yes, and the weapons, available for the Terminator. If he has the nice gun of the future Terminator from T-1, Robo will be helpless.

SeerQris
Get real anyone saying Robocop wins. The enemies Terminator has dealt with put shame to the enemies Robocop has.

electric tiger
man ya'll need to go suck a dick

jrodslam
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
The First Terminator survived a fuel truck explosion too...

Ofcourse he survived it, but it shows how shi**y his durability is. When coming out from the explosion, Terminator was dragging a limp leg going after Sarah. Robocop got blown up while inside a gas station and walked out without a scratch. In Robocop 2 in the beginning, Robocop got blown up 3 times(2 missile launchers and explosion via fuel tank) while in the police car and once again got out shiny as hell.

The second survived falling from a truck that was moving very fast, being fully impaled, crushed and more, and he STILL defeated the T-1000...

The truck wasnt going that fast. It couldnt even go 70 mph. Fully impaled? Robo's been there done that. Got impaled in part 1 and still stabbed Bonneger in the juggular. Crushed? About 10 I-beams fell on Robo, and was still able to push them off, pick up Lois and take her to safety, and drive to OCP headquarters kill an ED-209 then kill Richard.

Accuracy? well I'd say the odds are even, the Terminator didn't miss too many shots in T2, even while on the move. Plus he has used a far more extensive range of weapons than Robocop.

Robocop NEVER misses. Only time it came to missing was when his targeting system was off in part 1 that i can remember. I dont remember much from part 3. I usually only watch the first 15 min of it. True Terminator used a more extensive range of weapons.

Against the T-1000 and TX though, i'm not too sure if Robo has the tools needed to take them down.

Neither did the T-800 have the tools. He won purely by luck. Down to his last grenade, and lucky for him T-100 was by the edge. Robocop would have access to more weapons just as terminator did. If he knows he needs more firepower, he gets it. Same goes for Terminator. Robo would try to find a weakness with his villains unlike Terminator. Thats why i think hed fair better vs them. Take away the TX's hands and she aint shit.

Hit_and_Miss
er crawling with one arm is barely surviving. Robo took a chainsaw and had one arm... he survived... Robo also has taken rockets... Term would die!

Remember Term couldn't kill a kid! and term got his ass saved against the t-1000, A teenager did what term couldn't Robo doesn't get helpped. He has the whole force against him and still does his job.

Thats supposing the fight last long enough.
Term has a tendency to commit suicide...

Error, Subroutine malfunction..... WhatShouldIdonow(?);
5555running444;
int ShouldICommitsuicide();
{
IF {johnconner=safe}
then{
Commitsuicide=1;}
Else
Commitsuicide=1;
If commitsuicide=1;
{findeasywayout}
else Char ShouldIeattoast(bread).....

MERCILOUS
After reading these post, I'm starting to think that I underestimated Robocop and I already had him pegged for the win. I see this going to melee and Robocop is superior there, he'd rip a termy apart.

apoc001
Bull! It doesn't go to melee cause in Robo 1 (since we're using movies for evidence) all it took was a double gunned bipedial mech to get him on his knees. In Term 1, Terminator took on a future soldier AND cleaned out the police station. Oh, and in Robo 1, what exactly were his main battles? Hmm... he beat up unarmed punks. Wow. I'm impressed. Oh yeah, and to answer to Terminator's suicide tendencies, he had to kill himself to avoid being studied. So there. Terminator can do this.

Hit_and_Miss
"he had to kill himself to avoid being studied. So there. Terminator can do this."

No term just doesn't like living. Infact the only way he beats the other terms is by killing himself/faking dead... TERM GETS SAVED BY CHILDREN!!!! robo fights a walking tank..... Term fights some fat cops doing paperwork... Yup big difference in foes....

jrodslam
Double gunned bipedial mech?

Those are cannons pal. Ed-209 is armed with cannons and missiles.

In Terminator 1 he got blown in half by a hommeade pipe bomb made from ammonia, moth balls and baking soda. You talk about soldier from the future? A soldier who used running and no future weapons at all.

You bring up Terminator clearing out a police station? All of whom were taken by surprise. Robocop cleared out a whole drug factory. Everyone was aimed at him and ready, but still got pumped with the desert eagle. What unarmed punks are you talking about? Please explain.

You talk about who did Robo fight in 1? Drug gang who was heavily armed. Faced mulpiple cannons. Who did Terminator go against in 1? A bunch of 40 year old cops who were cought on their donut breaks, unarmed people. Im not impressed at all.

And no youre wrong. 1 Terminator cannot self terminate, 2 termination was NOT to avoid being studied. As per 3, judgement day was inevitable. It was going to happen anyway. It had nothing to do with being studied. As per T3 the reason for shutdown after mission is because there wouold be no more use for the Terminator. Regardless if its a complete mission or failed mission. Once mission is over shutdown.

AndRobocop still wins.

apoc001
No term just doesn't like living. Infact the only way he beats the other terms is by killing himself/faking dead... TERM GETS SAVED BY CHILDREN!!!! robo fights a walking tank..... Term fights some fat cops doing paperwork... Yup big difference in foes....

Yeah, I guess it's not a very fair comparison since Term didn't even do anything in the first movie, except get crushed by a press. Maybe they're evenly matched, but I guess it depends on the models we're comparing. T-1000 could probably take Robo as he was in Robo 1, but Robo as he was in Robo 2 could probably take T-800.

wutevr

jrodslam
T-1000 isnt part of the debate here. Robocop from either 1 or 2 could take the T-800.

apoc001
Double gunned bipedial mech?

Those are cannons pal. Ed-209 is armed with cannons and missiles.

In Terminator 1 he got blown in half by a hommeade pipe bomb made from ammonia, moth balls and baking soda. You talk about soldier from the future? A soldier who used running and no future weapons at all.

You bring up Terminator clearing out a police station? All of whom were taken by surprise. Robocop cleared out a whole drug factory. Everyone was aimed at him and ready, but still got pumped with the desert eagle. What unarmed punks are you talking about? Please explain.

You talk about who did Robo fight in 1? Drug gang who was heavily armed. Faced mulpiple cannons. Who did Terminator go against in 1? A bunch of 40 year old cops who were cought on their donut breaks, unarmed people. Im not impressed at all.

And no youre wrong. 1 Terminator cannot self terminate, 2 termination was NOT to avoid being studied. As per 3, judgement day was inevitable. It was going to happen anyway. It had nothing to do with being studied. As per T3 the reason for shutdown after mission is because there wouold be no more use for the Terminator. Regardless if its a complete mission or failed mission. Once mission is over shutdown.

AndRobocop still wins.

Alright, man. I was just trying to get the point across that Terminator doesn't just kill himself for the sake of doing it.

apoc001
look i've only seen Terms 1 & 2 and Robo 1. Each one only once, so sorry about how off my evidence was.

Hit_and_Miss
"Terminator doesn't just kill himself for the sake of doing it."

Maybe he could come up with a plan... Like throwing himself of a building when Robo was walking by...

Avalonofthewind
T-800 gets wrecked by Robocop.
Although I only had the 1st issue of robocop vs terminator.
Robo easily tore them apart. If I remember correctly, they sent 3 of them after him in that issue.

jrodslam
Originally posted by apoc001
look i've only seen Terms 1 & 2 and Robo 1. Each one only once, so sorry about how off my evidence was.

Aww man. You really need to see those more. Including T3. I personally wouldnt reccomend watching Robo 3 because i can only tolerate the first 15 min of the movie. MERCILOUS says that the scrip was suppose to be a comedy thats why its seems different from the others. I have to pick it up.

apoc001
ok man

apoc001
or girl

jrodslam
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
T-800 gets wrecked by Robocop.
Although I only had the 1st issue of robocop vs terminator.
Robo easily tore them apart. If I remember correctly, they sent 3 of them after him in that issue.

Yea it was a cool battle. It was 3 800's vs. Robo and 2 ED-209's.

I could post the battle if yall want.

BobbyD
A draw

jrodslam
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/6365/rvst2182mz.th.jpg
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/2789/rvst2200np.th.jpg
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/5695/rvst2218da.th.jpg
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/9092/rvst2225er.th.jpg
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/7888/rvst2232uu.th.jpg
http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/2628/rvst2240se.th.jpg

jrodslam
http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/3908/rvst2252yq.th.jpg
http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/4895/rvst2265xt.th.jpg
http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/4958/rvst2273ug.th.jpg
http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/8240/rvst2284rm.th.jpg
http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/9950/rvst2305xu.th.jpg
http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/598/rvst2312yx.th.jpg

Avalonofthewind
Yea it was a cool battle. It was 3 800's vs. Robo and 2 ED-209's.

I could post the battle if yall want.

Great stuff. Been years since I've seen that.

Hit_and_Miss
yer robo owns... though It was like reading a batman show from the 60's with all the writen sound effects....

BobbyD
Neat pics.

MERCILOUS
All of the Robo movies where meant to be comedies. Frank Miller's sense of humor is weird so it's easy to miss. But even the Dark Night returns is a comedy. If you didn't notice it, read it again with that in mind and you'll get it.

The thing that happened with the Robo movies is that Frank only got to see none of what he wanted in part 1, only a tiny bit of what he wanted in part 2, and alot of what he wanted in part 3. That is why the movies are so different.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.