Darth Tyranus vs General Greivous, Asajj Ventress and Durge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Human Vader
I'm not sure on this battle, I think the three could pull it off, but I know some will say Dooku by a long shot.

Darth_Glentract
I think this has been done before, but I'm not sure. Dooku has this though. He trained two of them, therefor would know their weakness' and Durge wouldn't last long against force lightning.

Darth L. Dipsit
I agree in that I think that they can win. Ventress has the Force, Grievous has totally overbearing combative skills, and Durge has calculating professionalism. They could make a very coordinated team, though Tyranus knows each of them and their weaknesses, whereas I'm not sure that they are so very in touch with each other (one master, three individual pupils) so he could exploit their flaws since he knows them (even Durge, I think).

Ar! I have to edit my post now because Glentract made my point right before I finished my post. Curse my sluggishness.

Human Vader
I assure you I searched Glentract. I think the search engine is a bit messed up though because i searched for Count Dooku ( I also tried Tyranus) vs General Greivous, Asajj Ventress and Durge. All I got was your Bandon vs Greivous thread. I mean usually I'd get threads with at least one of the character's names in it, and God knows we've got tons of Dooku threads floating around here.

Darth Windu
Well Assaj and Durge are like the Dark Side's Obi and Anakin in teamwork, and seeing as how Grievous was the Commander, I'd say that coordination wouldn't be much of a problem, except for the occasional rivalry between Ventress and the General. They might take this, because even if Dooku manages to lightning off Durge, it's not gonna hold him for long, and I doubt even he could fight off both Ventress AND Grievous with one hand. If he gave it his all, yeah, but put Durge in, and it'd be pretty damn hard.

Sir Mist
Durge would fall early, no contest.
Was Grievous trained in Dooku's form? If not, he'd probably fall too.

Depends whether Ventress and Grievous tag team Dooku, if they fought individually, they'd lose.

Grievous lacks the force, and Ventress is only a dark side user, she's nothing compared to a Sith. Dooku pwned her ass in the beginning, he could do it again.

SnakeEyes
I actually don't think Durge is as much of a weakling as you guys say he is. If you read the Republic comic series/the Obsession mini-series, Durge gives Obi-Wan and Anakin tons of trouble. As does Ventress. Add GG into the mix, and I think they could effectively take Dooku out, after a tough battle of course....

Fishy
I doubt it....

GG was very tough and Dooku himself says that he was sometimes surprised by GG his power. But Dooku fought with a lightsaber not with the force, he would own GG in seconds with the force.

That leaves Durge and Ventress, neither of them stand a chance.

xxxpoppunker182
in labrynth of evil at one pint dooku points out his mistaks in training GG and ventress so i'm pretty sure he could exploit those to his advantage and take out durge.

so i do say dooku

Darth Windu
Originally posted by Fishy
I doubt it...

GG was very tough and Dooku himself says that he was sometimes surprised by GG his power. But Dooku fought with a lightsaber not with the force, he would own GG in seconds with the force.

I think you mean with the Force and not a lightsaber. . . . but that is correct. However, it will be slightly difficult to fend off the most notorious tag team on one side of the war with just one hand. Not to mention, lightning can be blocked. It's those throws and grips that're the killers.

That leaves Durge and Ventress, neither of them stand a chance.

Anyway, Ventress is under Anakin and Obi-Wan as of ROTS, but during the Clone War, she nearly killed them several times, so I wouldn't banish her as weak. Same for Durge. And although Ventress' mastery of the Force pales in comparison to that of Dooku, it would be enough to stave him for a bit. Like five seconds in a Force battle.

Fishy
They were good but they were not as good as Anakin and Obi Wan who both didn't stand a chance against Dooku, there is no reason to make me believe those two would. Maybe they could pull it off but I don't think they would.

Darth Windu
No, no. Dooku would crush the two of them. What I'm saying is that . . . let me do this again, in a different way.

They all fight in COMPLETELY different ways. Assaj fights like any Dark Jedi, sure, but she uses dual-weapons, and combine them into one at any time, yes? Good. So she could switch tactics on Dooku at any time. Now, don't consider me arrogant, and accuse me of saying that dual-wielding= invincibility. I'm merely stating a fact.

She also possesses a strange relationship with Durge, a connection born from months and months of training and working together. They can tag-team nearly flawlessly, to the point where they decimated a team of five Jedi Masters.

Now Durge. He's a ten-foot tall Gen'Dai with thick-as-hell armor. This won't stop a lightsaber, but it will severely reduce the effectiveness of Dooku's short, precise strokes and rapid, shallow thrusts. He would be required to change his own style to cleave through effectively. However, even if he can cleave all the way through, Durge is of the Gen'Dai, who are nigh impossible to kill. They can literally pull themselves back together. He doesn't even have palpable lungs, seeing as how his entire body is a mass of nerves. So, Dooku has few, if any advantages against him. Now, the reason this is important is that if Dooku is busy using wide, open swings to temporarily disable Durge, he will be leaving himself open to vicious and deadly strikes from Grievous and Assaj Ventress.

Now, nobody here should assume that I think Durge can defeat Dooku. No way in hell. But it'll be hard for Dooku to do something to him while fending off Grievous and Ventress at the same time.

Oh yeah, and a couple more things for Durge. He has shoulder-mounted blasters, a minigun, a flamethrower, wrist-mounted energy shields, immense physical strength, and a "winged" jet-pack with a rocket launcher on each wing.

Now, onto General Grievous. Does he need explanation? Well, for the sake of some of our less capable members, I'll get into this.

As I stated in the GG vs. Ventress thread, the General is more of a stealth-kill kind of guy. He needs terror and surprise to perform at his best, two things that he will not be getting in his battle with Dooku. However, he is a fierce fighter in his own right, capable of wielding not two, not four, but six lightsabers simultaneously. Now, this kind of fighting would help as a split-second distraction, but a four-saber attack would be best in terms of control, speed, and power, when all are needed equally.

Chances are that Grievous will fall against his tutor in a straight-up, one-on-one duel. But he'd be able to hold his own for a few moments.Dooku himself stated that Grievous had him hard-pressed in their sparring sessions. Now, he trained Grievous, yes, but the General learned much from experience. He was, after all, in action only slightly after TPM.

Now, I'm not saying that Dooku will get owned, but he may find himself in over his head here. Whoa, I just had de-ja-vu, lol.

Darth Windu
Post people. This is actually a pretty good thread.

Darth_Glentract
Well, I think the biggest threat here is Durge. Asajj he can take. His superior force powers and he is better with lightsabers. She would die. GG would have his lungs crushed again, this time by Dooku instead of Mace. Durge would probably go down after a bit of force lightning. Dooku wins.

Darth Windu
You make it sound so simple, like none of them are worth anything. It takes at least a moment or two of concentration to just crush someone outright, and while Dooku could do it in a duel, he won't have the time or focus to do it while fending off Assaj and Durge at the same time. He might get a push in, but not much more.

And lightning kills someone by immobilizing them in intense pain, and then pumping electricity into them. You can't make Durge cringe in pain. It just doesn't happen. Not to mention that he's just a mass of nerves, so it'd be pretty hard to do anything there. Now, with a time, Dooku could use everything he had to throw Durge into a wall with full-blow Lightning, and then just wait until his nervous system hyper-reacts. But once again, with Assaj and Grievous breathing down his neck, he won't have time.

And Assaj is no push-over. Sure, she'd get owned in a duel lasting more than twenty seconds. But as the theme in this post is, Dooku just won't have time. Here's why.

Dooku would use regular Makashi tactics against Assaj, seeing as how she's another humanoid. Nothing complicated. Short strokes and shallow thrusts would injure her, incapacitate her, and ultimately, kill her.

Now, for Grievous, different tactics would be required. He wields four blades, forcing Dooku to backpedal while trying to disarm him and ultimately get through his chesplate. This would require a saberlock or two, couple with longer, more open thrusts, and wider swings. This would hinder Dooku's ability with precise strikes, seeing as how it would take aggressive, powerful motions to break Grievous' defense, or offense, for that matter.

And Durge. A gun-totin', flamethrower blasting, flying cluster of nerves. Bringing down Durge would be the hardest task of all. First, the Count would have to deflect fire and blaster bolt shots, the latter of which are completely estranged in his style. He's capable of it, but it's not his strong point. Then, he'd have to bring him to the ground with a Force attack. But the next part is as bad as the first, because Makashi pokes and waves aren't gonna to do squat against a dude with a seventy-inch chest. Dooku's gonna have to swing like a madman to chop through Durge; having to swing a lightsaber through a guy with a chest two-and-a-half times the size of yours when your 83 sure aint' gonna be easy. Oh eah, and did I mention Durge can pull himself back together?

So, this adds up to basically normal techniques against one, over-extending, dangerously open techniques against another, and stupidly wide, exposing, and painful attacks against another. Dooku would be leaving himself open against either Grievous or Durge, and even if he gets one of them, out of the fight like he did with Kenobi, he's gonna have a hell of a hard time using Makashi attacks against one person, and using wide swings that nearly dislocate his arm with another.

chilled monkey
Plus, Dooku's style was created for duelling. It's not so good against multiple foes.

Between them, I think they could beat him.

Darth_Glentract
He solidly wasted Anakin and Obi-wan. That's mutiple opponents. Dooku has this.

Emperor Revan
I agree with Windu, the three have this one IMO.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract

I didn't say it was completly useless against multiple foes. It's still effective enough, just not as good as when it's used against a single foe.

Obi-Wan's style focuses on defense. That doesn't make it completly incapable of offensive action, just that offence is not the focus.

Darth Windu said it perfectly.

Darth Windu

Come on. Anakin and Obi-Wan are both people who can be fought off with Makashi techniques, as they use classic forms. In this battle, there will be nearly no foes who can be dealt with through Makashi. Assaj, yes. Grievous, yes, bu to a degree. ANd Durge, HELL NO. My point here is that by fighting one, two, or three of them himself, he leaves himself open to other kinds of attacks. An example being:

Dooku is dueling Assaj Ventress. He is using pure Makashi techniques, and is overwhelming her. Suddenly, Durge comes in with well-placed blaster shots. Dooku is forced to use different techniques, moves that he is not comfortable with, to deflect these bolts. At the same time, Ventress swings at him, forcing him to use Makashi once more. See?

Now, Grievous and Assaj would be an easier team to beat than either with Durge, but he'd still be hard-pressed. However, Durge will always be there thanks to his pain immunuty and lack of organs to crush. Read my longer post in the middle of the page, around 13, 14, I think.

darthrevan89
Originally posted by Darth Windu
Come on. Anakin and Obi-Wan are both people who can be fought off with Makashi techniques, as they use classic forms. In this battle, there will be nearly no foes who can be dealt with through Makashi. Assaj, yes. Grievous, yes, bu to a degree. ANd Durge, HELL NO. My point here is that by fighting one, two, or three of them himself, he leaves himself open to other kinds of attacks. An example being:

Dooku is dueling Assaj Ventress. He is using pure Makashi techniques, and is overwhelming her. Suddenly, Durge comes in with well-placed blaster shots. Dooku is forced to use different techniques, moves that he is not comfortable with, to deflect these bolts. At the same time, Ventress swings at him, forcing him to use Makashi once more. See?

Now, Grievous and Assaj would be an easier team to beat than either with Durge, but he'd still be hard-pressed. However, Durge will always be there thanks to his pain immunuty and lack of organs to crush. Read my longer post in the middle of the page, around 13, 14, I think.

Windu takes it again! Bow down to his Jawa wisdom fools or be destroyed.

Darth Windu
Before I summon Lord Artoo!!!! *shudder*

Darth_Glentract
Makashi isn't his only form. He also knows Shiim Cho(form 1) which has no prblem blocking blaster blots. Dooku has this.

chilled monkey
Makashi isn't his only form. He also knows Shiim Cho(form 1) which has no prblem blocking blaster blots. Dooku has this.

How? Do you think the other two will just sit back and do nothing while he's blocking those bolts?

You're missing the point. Dooku could beat each of them one-on-one, but against all three at once (when his preferred style is less effective against two of them), he's in trouble.

Darth Windu explained it perfectly.

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by chilled monkey
How? Do you think the other two will just sit back and do nothing while he's blocking those bolts?

You're missing the point. Dooku could beat each of them one-on-one, but against all three at once (when his preferred style is less effective against two of them), he's in trouble.

Darth Windu explained it perfectly.

I think we're missing one big point...

Dooku kicked Anakin backward and Force choked Obi-Wan. He caught -Obi- off guard twice in battle and used the Force on him, to pretty much put him out of the fight. Look at how easily he makes sure to keep his opponents separate.

Using the Force, Dooku can level the playing fields dramatically. He could essentially use Sith lightning on Assajj. Assuming she can deflect it or even block it, it'll stop her. Or, he can use it on Grievious, who doesn't have a prayer in stopping it. Durge either. He doesn't even have to play fair and engage in melee combat... he can just batter them around using the Force.

Really, Dooku has this.

Nai Fohl
Well...I think Dooku has that fight.

He's a master duelist and a great force user. I think the first thing he would do is take one or two of the opponents out through the force (lightning, force push whatever) and then simply take them one by one.

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Plus, Dooku's style was created for duelling. It's not so good against multiple foes.

Between them, I think they could beat him.

This isn't true. Dooku has shown twice that he can handle mutliple enemies without leaving Makashi. He has also shown (Watch ROTS) that Makashi isn't his only style.

Secondly, Dooku's mastery of the Force makes Assajj cringe. She's deathly afraid of him. Grievious was training by Dooku himself, and- while good- is an open book to the dark lord. I mean, just watch Dooku in combat. He is a precision machine. He notes all openings and exploits them. He's quick, capable of fighting Yoda when it looks like you or I would get dizzy and sick. Quite simply put, he is the most martial jedi/sith in the PT and he is no stranger to combat. If he could be this easily killed, he would not have survived.

If I were Dooku (I'd be old... ewww) no seriously... this is what I would do.

Seeing Assajj and Grievious approach, each working their ways to my opposite flanks. I see Durge bringing up the middle. Assajj, the most hot headed one, attacks first. She's a bit scared. All her confidence is gone like a sand castle in a strong wind. I dodge to the side, expecting before it happens Grievious' razor quick flank attack. But instead of moving to parry Assajj, I grip her with the Force and then turn to the side to give Grievious a quick thrust that he will instinctively parry. Durge goes to strike, but I bring Assajj, helpless in my grip, before me, to shield me from his attacks. Durge opens fire, and Assajj is dead. I launch her lifeless body at Durge full force, hoping to delay him a second while I engage with Grievious. The general hammers away, but I see all the flaws in his technique. For all his mechanic wonder, he will never be a master of the lightsaber. I push him back a bit with a few well timed swipes, and then Durge opens fire on me. I quickly flip back, avoiding the initial spray, and then unleash a hail of Force lightning at Grievious, who is off balance at this time. The general seeks to block it, but he is no expert, and he is blasted soundly, landing some distance away. Durge turns to me again, this time releasing rockets. I reach out my hands, concentrating. The rockets fly towards me, only to miss by a hair apiece... I send them whirling into the far wall. He fires again, and I block a few hits, but mostly rely on fancy footwork and the Force to keep out of the spray. I make another quick leap, this time bounding off of a wall and launching myself at him. Using the Force to guide my blade, it pierces his armor at a weak point.

Darth_Frobo
well:

Ventress is a dumbass and dooku ruthelessly exploits any mistake you make so she'll get owned

Dooku knows grievous backwards and forwards and can easily manipulate all the flaws in his technique to his advantage

Durge isn't even a jedi and will get pwned at close quarters.

Darth Windu
Well, I can see I'm outnumbered here.

Darth_Janus
lol... It's a close match, and a good one. I'm just convinced as of right now that Dooku can get his ducks in a row here.

Darth Windu
Well hey, I stand by my decision. But right now, you guys have all the smart, big dudes, you, Frobo, Nai. . . this sucks.

But see I think everyone here is underestimating Assaj. She would have killed both Kit Fisto and Obi-Wan in the Cestus Deception. Now, Dooku could do this himself, of course, but think about it. If Kit Fisto hadn't severed the leg of the dock that Obi-Wan and Assaj were fighting on, she would have killed him. She had him on his back as it is. And she's actually cool, calculating once she matures a bit into the Clone War.

And Janus, I think that even with the Force, it would be hard for Dooku to fend off Grievous AND Durge while choking Assaj to death. Not to mention that a stab, or even dismemberment, isn't going to kill Durge.

Darth Windu
Somebody HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Darth Windu
YAYAYYAYYAYAYA!!!!!! I have 1,066 posts with this one!!! LOlOlOlOlOl Luke PWn3Ds!!!@#Q

DarthGenises
Dooku has admitted Grievous can give him trouble, Asajj is stronger than Obi-Wan and Kit (But so is Dooku). As for Durge Dooku would have to wildy slash at him giving GG and Asajj the opening they need.

Arbiter
Dooku can deflect lighting with his hands so he should be able to deflect blasters from his hands like Vader. Dooku would overpower all of them with the force. Assaj is the only force user out of them and she is no where near Dooku's level. The Count wins.

Darth_Janus
Well hey, I stand by my decision. But right now, you guys have all the smart, big dudes, you, Frobo, Nai. . . this sucks.

But see I think everyone here is underestimating Assaj. She would have killed both Kit Fisto and Obi-Wan in the Cestus Deception. Now, Dooku could do this himself, of course, but think about it. If Kit Fisto hadn't severed the leg of the dock that Obi-Wan and Assaj were fighting on, she would have killed him. She had him on his back as it is. And she's actually cool, calculating once she matures a bit into the Clone War.

And Janus, I think that even with the Force, it would be hard for Dooku to fend off Grievous AND Durge while choking Assaj to death. Not to mention that a stab, or even dismemberment, isn't going to kill Durge.

Don't get me wrong, Windu. I like Assajj. I think she gets less credit then she deserves. The the Obi-Wan and Kit Fisto Assajj beat had to fight through a wave of enemies, not to mention it took place a full year before Obi-Wan became a jedi master. And Assajj was afraid of Dooku. It says this in many books. Especially in Dark Rendezvous.

Arbiter
I don't blame Assaj for fearing Dooku. He proved to be a very powerful sith. May even be the strongest sith of the movies.

Darth Windu
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Don't get me wrong, Windu. I like Assajj. I think she gets less credit then she deserves. The the Obi-Wan and Kit Fisto Assajj beat had to fight through a wave of enemies, not to mention it took place a full year before Obi-Wan became a jedi master. And Assajj was afraid of Dooku. It says this in many books. Especially in Dark Rendezvous.

I agree with you completely. But I've already stated my reasons for supporting the trio, so if those can't sway you, I give up. Sorry f that came out the wrong way lol. When I read it, it seems harsh. . . .

And Arbiter, no way Dooku can deflect a barrage of blaster bolts from a repeating gun with one hand while fighting Grievous AND Assaj with the other.

Darth Windu
Lol, and that first line about Kit having to fight through waves of enemies? That's my usual argument in support of the dude.

Darth_Janus
Figures... lol

Se7in
Makashi isn't effective against more than one opponent. However, he knows Shii-Cho, which could help, but he still has to fight against six sabers (two from Ventress and four from Greivous), and blaster bolts/rockets. This battle is pretty much circumstance.

If Dooku can split them up and fight them each one on one = Dooku wins.

If all three can manage to launch a simultaneous attack = The Trio wins.

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Se7in
Makashi isn't effective against more than one opponent. However, he knows Shii-Cho, which could help, but he still has to fight against six sabers (two from Ventress and four from Greivous), and blaster bolts/rockets. This battle is pretty much circumstance.

If Dooku can split them up and fight them each one on one = Dooku wins.

If all three can manage to launch a simultaneous attack = The Trio wins.

Where does it say Makashi doesn't help against more than one opponent?

Illustrious
Fencing is one on one, Janus wink.

Darth_Janus

Illustrious
You saw what Dooku did against Obi-Wan and Anakin. He held off one of them with the force, and focused on the other.

Makashi is precise, refined strokes -- like fencing, it's not wild, large slashes that potentially leave yourself open. With Makashi, it's easy to defend yourself from one direction, but if you get surrounded, it will prove inadequate.

To defend against several oppenents from various angles, you would need a form like Soresu or Juyo/Vaapad with its defensive or wider strokes.

Darth243
I think dooku would easily slay greivous , since he trained him and would probably have a good edge by anticipating his moves, I think this durge would be cannon fodder on the count of dooku using the force on him, Ventress would be his most challenging duel, but i think dooku with his awesome saber skills could pull it off, all of this happening if he suvived a simaltaneous attack by all three.

Sir Mist
Durge wouldnt be able to attack while Ventress and Grievous come in close, so thats one opponent he doesnt have to worry about at the moment.

Grievous can be pushed away with the Force, giving Dooku time to focus on Ventress.

This gives Dooku one on one against Ventress, unless Durge interferres. Should be an easy victory for Dooku, so lets just say he kills her.

By now, Grievous is up and coming back in, and Durge wouldve fired off a few rounds. Dooku should be able to parry lasers easily, so his problem would be rockets.

Grievous would fall, he doesnt have the Force to rely on and Dooku would know him like the back of his hand.

Dooku vs Durge left, Durge has the upperhand in this battle as long as Dooku cant get close to him, but Dooku has the darkside to use, so I think he'd take out Durge eventually.

Darth Windu
Well, I don't think it'd be a problem for Durge shooting at Dooku while the other two melee him. He's a fine marksman to say the least, and his and Assaj's teamwork is legendary. And while Dooku is capable of deflecting blasters and the ilk, it's not his strong point. In fact, it's his weakness. Now, the reason I give this to the trio is because Dooku will have to use different techniques, say Shii-Cho, to deflect blasters. This however, will leave him vulnerable to the other two, or for the sake of it, one.

Illustrious
Originally posted by Sir Mist
Durge wouldnt be able to attack while Ventress and Grievous come in close, so thats one opponent he doesnt have to worry about at the moment.

Grievous can be pushed away with the Force, giving Dooku time to focus on Ventress.

This gives Dooku one on one against Ventress, unless Durge interferres. Should be an easy victory for Dooku, so lets just say he kills her.

By now, Grievous is up and coming back in, and Durge wouldve fired off a few rounds. Dooku should be able to parry lasers easily, so his problem would be rockets.

Grievous would fall, he doesnt have the Force to rely on and Dooku would know him like the back of his hand.

Dooku vs Durge left, Durge has the upperhand in this battle as long as Dooku cant get close to him, but Dooku has the darkside to use, so I think he'd take out Durge eventually.

Now that's something for storytime, elaborate on that stick out tongue.

Sir Mist
Well, I don't think it'd be a problem for Durge shooting at Dooku while the other two melee him. He's a fine marksman to say the least, and his and Assaj's teamwork is legendary. And while Dooku is capable of deflecting blasters and the ilk, it's not his strong point. In fact, it's his weakness. Now, the reason I give this to the trio is because Dooku will have to use different techniques, say Shii-Cho, to deflect blasters. This however, will leave him vulnerable to the other two, or for the sake of it, one.

Ventress and Grievous up close with Dooku...I doubt Durge is that good...Grievous isnt gonna sense any incoming attacks, he'd probably step in the line of fire by accident. Plus he's a towering cyborg, Durge wouldnt see much past him.

Sure, him and Ventress work well together, but slap in Grievous and they have to change tactics to suit the situation.

Even if Dooku switched style, he could still fight against the other two with his current style until he changed back..
Dooku can still use the Force against the two saber opponents if things got heavy as well....he's a Sith, he has a full array of powers...

Darth Windu
True. . . Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way undermining Dooku. He may well be the most powerful Sith in the movies. Arguably.

And as for your statement on Durge being incapable of doing anything when the others are around, he has melee weapons. A spiked flail, electric bolas, insane physical strength, etc. Now, with three people attacking him, up in his face, Dooku's going to be forced top throw someone away, probably a coupke of people. Lets say he chucks Durge and Grievous. Assaj fights him for a second or two while Durge's jetpack kicks in, and allows him to bombard Dooku while Assaj bounds away. Dooku will be forced to revert to Form 1 to deflect bolts, and the next second, a recovered Grievous AND Assaj will pound at him with their techniques, forcing him to switch back in a second. This could take its toll on him.

Sir Mist
Yeah...he'd be worn down after a few rounds of that...

He could always use lightning instead of pushing, is Grievous's armour immune to lightning? That could screw up a few things for him. Ventress has already shown weakness to Dooku's lightning, he could zap her while she's fighting by herself, unless she deflected it with her sabers..

DarthMaul9123
darth janus is a piece of shit

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by DarthMaul9123

Again, reported.

darthrevan89

*sighs*...moron.

Count Dooku
Originally posted by Illustrious
You saw what Dooku did against Obi-Wan and Anakin. He held off one of them with the force, and focused on the other.

Makashi is precise, refined strokes -- like fencing, it's not wild, large slashes that potentially leave yourself open. With Makashi, it's easy to defend yourself from one direction, but if you get surrounded, it will prove inadequate.

To defend against several oppenents from various angles, you would need a form like Soresu or Juyo/Vaapad with its defensive or wider strokes.

Now what in the sam hell is this pile of smelly horse shit?

Did you not see the part where he was holding the chosen one and an accomplished Jedi master both off with his saber?

Dooku would ruin Durge's shit at the beginning and then he would fight Grievous and Asajj. Dooku knows the two inside-out. He taught them. He practically created Grievous and he was a Master to Ventress.

He is also heavily Experienced.

He takes this one home.

Darth Windu

In case you haven't noticed, I was trying to defend you. Until I saw this. You're not worth the effort, he was right. . . .

Darth_Janus
Told ja.

Darth Windu
Originally posted by Sir Mist
Yeah...he'd be worn down after a few rounds of that...

He could always use lightning instead of pushing, is Grievous's armour immune to lightning? That could screw up a few things for him. Ventress has already shown weakness to Dooku's lightning, he could zap her while she's fighting by herself, unless she deflected it with her sabers..

Well, I think Assaj could hold back Dooku's lightning for a bit. As in a couple of seconds before it throws him to the ground. . .

And no, Durge's armor doesn't protect him against Sith Lightning. Normal electric attacks, definetely, but Lightning? To a much lesser extent. However, the reason that Lightning would be ineffective against Durge is because of the pain factor involved. If Lightning caused no pain whatsoever, but slowly took its toll on the victim, like Luke and the Emperor, it would be useless. It's useful because it can be used to completely immobilize the enemy in brute force and intolerable pain, examples being Anakin, Yoda, Luke, etc. Durge isn't someone who can be stopped by pain. Not by a longshot. The guy was blown up from the inside. He suffered unspeakable torture at the hands of the Mandalorians. And all he is is a mass of powerful, self-repairing, nerves. He has a vascular system, but no organs whatsoever. So Dooku's going to have to use his lightsaber to cut through that seventy-inch chest.

Darth Windu
Sorry for doubting you. Didn't think he'd gone that far.

Darth_Janus
It's not pain really, that would stop Durge in this case, but the impact. Not to mention Lightning, if concentrated on someone, makes them writhe.

Darth Windu
Well, yes. But see, you're missing my point. For the lightning to be effective, it has be concentrated on a target, at least for a moment or two. A target that feels pain. Durge doesn't feel pain. And yes, the impact will push him back a couple of metres or so, make him writhe, etc. But it will only be a matter of seconds before either Grievous or Assaj attack him once more, probably both. Then, Durge gets back up, and fires away. And oh yeah, Durge has arm-mounted Energy Shields capable of blocking multiple lightsaber strikes. I think he could block a few bolts of lightning before the other two distract Dooku again, leaving his shields some time to recharge.

Darth_Janus
Fair enough. I don't know enough about Durge and his abilities to make a fair judgment on him.

Darth Windu
Well do me favor? Help me pwn this ass of a noob, vercetti.

Darth_Janus
I already reported his obnoxious ass. And I just posted the rules for him.

darthrevan89
Ahhh they shut down Fishy's birthday thread!

Darth_Janus
I know, that's criminal. But I think it's because Otaku made it. He's been warned before.

Darth Windu
The goddamn nerve of him. He PM's me, asks me how to make a thread. I tell him that he shouldn't make threads this early, but that he should post a lot and learn more about SW first. And then I get the crap bashed out of me.

But back on topic, cool.

Darth_Janus
He's gonna piss me off I can tell. And just wait until we get HV, Nai, Illustrious, and others in later today. He's gonna get pwned in triplicate every five minutes.

darthrevan89
Don't hate him Windu...just laugh at his stupidity.

Darth_Janus
Yeah, for all we know he looks like this...

darthrevan89
Yeah, for all we know he looks like this...

Who is that?

Darth_Janus
Omigod... You've never seen Deliverance?

Darth Windu
Oh, that's cold.

And I can't wait 'till nighttime. Of course, the six-year-old's parents are probably going to be singing him lullabies around that time. . . damn. This is gonna be fun. . .

darthrevan89
Omigod... You've never seen Deliverance?

Never heard of it.

Darth_Janus
I would say watch it, but only the first half hour. The last hour or so is disturbing. As in this disturbing...

Darth Windu
Lol.

ANd oh yeah, you know how you've been asking for Super Sith Ninja Jawas? I'd be one, if I get a cookie. I'd lead them. Then take over the forum. Then noob town. Then the world!!!! HAHHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!

Darth_Janus
Done. *Dubs Darth Windu SSNJ Grandmaster*

darthrevan89
*taken over by a sudden bloodlust for ewoks*

DEATH TO EWOKS!!!!!!!!! MWAAHAHAAAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darth_Janus
Yeah...

Darth Windu
Lmfao! And Janus, we have to have a cermony for my dubbing, DUH!!! Like "I dub thee Ninja Jawa, Super Sith of the Jawa Empire!" while brandishing a piece of sacred rusty metal and chopping off the training wheels on my R2 unit!

Darth_Janus
lol... Next, the hazing... You have to run through a desert trench while other jawas hit at you with sticks.

Darth Windu
Only after my ceremony. . . I am after all Grandmaster. The first of the SSNJ. . . . PWNA3GE!@!!!!!

darthsith19
Tyranus would get pawned. Grievous is a trained Jedi killed who fights with 4 sabers. He alone would make Tyranus sweat. In Labrinth of Evil it says sometimes when Tyranus and Grievous duel Tyranus has difficulty defeating Grievous. Asajj and Durge are about equally powerful and Tyranus is quite a bit more powerful than Asajj, buit I'd say the two toegther are even stronger than grievous, so they'd won Tyranus. The 3 of them together would beat anyone.

DarthMaul9123
dooku owns this isnt even fair because grievouse would be fried dooku would be decapatated and the asajj ventress lays in ashes after what jango did to her...and durge dies because of what anakin does to him so this fight is pointless

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.