Duke Nukem....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CorderaMitchell
How did anyone feel about this game? Was I the only one that liked it.

There was Duke, Duke 2, Duke 3d, Duke" time to kill, Duke: Zero Hour, Duke: Manhatten Project, and a "supposed" duke forever, whtich I have no clue whats taking that soo long.

Red Superfly
Duke Nukem Taking Forver more like.....

Duke Nukem 3D is a classic. The humour and all the little neat touches, like hitting the ball on the pool table, drinking water from broken hydrants to replenish health, the 3D sound, the comedy value. EVerything was a blast from start to finish.

Smasandian
I liked the Duke from the N64 third person game. That was really fun, but really annoying, specially with levels being soo bloody huge and not having any save feature during the middle. But it was really fun.

For Duke Nukem Forever, check out the PC Gamer issue with Prey on it. The guys at the magazine actually saw real footage of it being done. So another year or so. I dont know if it will be able to compete with FPS juggernauts of the PC now. It has been almost 8-10 years since its announced and STALKER and FEAR look like kick ass games.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Duke Nukem Taking Forver more like.....

Duke Nukem 3D is a classic. The humour and all the little neat touches, like hitting the ball on the pool table, drinking water from broken hydrants to replenish health, the 3D sound, the comedy value. EVerything was a blast from start to finish.

agreed

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Smasandian
I liked the Duke from the N64 third person game. That was really fun, but really annoying, specially with levels being soo bloody huge and not having any save feature during the middle. But it was really fun.

For Duke Nukem Forever, check out the PC Gamer issue with Prey on it. The guys at the magazine actually saw real footage of it being done. So another year or so. I dont know if it will be able to compete with FPS juggernauts of the PC now. It has been almost 8-10 years since its announced and STALKER and FEAR look like kick ass games.

N64 version changed alot of content too, but it had multiplayer.

As for 3d, that was the game.

Hulk Power
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
How did anyone feel about this game? Was I the only one that liked it.

There was Duke, Duke 2, Duke 3d, Duke" time to kill, Duke: Zero Hour, Duke: Manhatten Project, and a "supposed" duke forever, whtich I have no clue whats taking that soo long.

Those games are bad ass. My favorite one is Time To Kill. I enjoyed playing that game so much.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Hulk Power
Those games are bad ass. My favorite one is Time To Kill. I enjoyed playing that game so much.

What was your favorite part and favorite weapon?

Darkstorm Zero
Depends on which version...

Standard Duke 3d: Devastator
Duke 64: Plasma Cannon

And my favourite moments are either of the final boss fights (The Cycloid Emperor, or the Alien Queen in the Atomic edition) Or the cutscenes, "I'll rip of yer head and $h!t down yer neck.... Literally!"

SaTsuJiN
N64 version changed alot of content too, but it had multiplayer.

As for 3d, that was the game. indeed.. one of my favorite games..

The Highlord
No you werrent the only one to like this game, I'm a hardcore oldschool 3DShooter, and this was one of my favs aswell, the weapons where great and it was just something you'd play to have fun and alugh hard at and also to play seriously cause it was pretty mean at hardest lvl

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by The Highlord
No you werrent the only one to like this game, I'm a hardcore oldschool 3DShooter, and this was one of my favs aswell, the weapons where great and it was just something you'd play to have fun and alugh hard at and also to play seriously cause it was pretty mean at hardest lvl

On my pc version the bad guys would actuallly ressurect....
I was a fan of the RPG, shotgun, shrinker, and devastator weapon.

The Highlord
devastator now thats what I'm talking about!

I wish they would give some word about Forever though its been 5 years since we saw anything at all, and we all know that that has been dumped now they are suppse to use a really mind blowing engine, a great fysic engine aswell even better then the one in HL2, thins one will give you even more possibilitys like shoot a concrete wall and there will be big pieces fallling of, or get at it with the rocket launcher and the whole wall will blow away giving you possibililty to walk trough, stuff like that, its was one of Duke3D impressive stuff the ability to shoot stuff around and stuff like that

CorderaMitchell
devastator now thats what I'm talking about!

I wish they would give some word about Forever though its been 5 years since we saw anything at all, and we all know that that has been dumped now they are suppse to use a really mind blowing engine, a great fysic engine aswell even better then the one in HL2, thins one will give you even more possibilitys like shoot a concrete wall and there will be big pieces fallling of, or get at it with the rocket launcher and the whole wall will blow away giving you possibililty to walk trough, stuff like that, its was one of Duke3D impressive stuff the ability to shoot stuff around and stuff like that

I don't want it to be too realistic though, really impressive, but have the quickness, fun, and humor of the original.

black robb
I was never really a fan of Duke,sorry C man

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by black robb
I was never really a fan of Duke,sorry C man I shall smite THOU!!

Smasandian
While it was fun, Duke was.

Its not the best.
Its good, but I think its not what people think it is.

Fire
Duke was cool that shrinker was hilarious

CorderaMitchell
While it was fun, Duke was.

Its not the best.
Its good, but I think its not what people think it is.

Whats "the best"??
What reviewers say are, I play what I like, so I think it is one of the best.

Reviews said luigi's mansion was AWESOME, too bad noone else really liked it.

GalacticStorm
Whats "the best"??

I loved Luigis mansion!!! I thought it was a really innovative game and a good chance for Luigi to get some of the spotlight.

Smasandian
Whats "the best"??

Thats great to hear
Duke was good, it had awesome fights, big levels and it was funny.
But is it better than Doom? Or Quake?
I dont think so.

CorderaMitchell
Thats great to hear
Duke was good, it had awesome fights, big levels and it was funny.
But is it better than Doom? Or Quake?
I dont think so.

It actually did more successful than quake if I remember there was a mag on it.

Duke had more personality and such, it wasn't just a graphics engine.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
I loved Luigis mansion!!! I thought it was a really innovative game and a good chance for Luigi to get some of the spotlight.

I don't think it was bad, but I think VERY differently.

I'm just saying good games arent always what the critics say...

Darkstorm Zero
Actually, Duke received almost as much praisefrom fans as Doom did in it's heyday, not t mention that Duke already had history to work on, and the graphics, sounds and personality of the game where done better than doom, I hated not knowing who I was playing as in doom, (Although thats the only bad thing I have to say about doom)

CorderaMitchell
Yea duke had the personality and the gameplay for its time, I loved it.

In space, in a bar, in a club, at a movie set, I loved being able to explore too, exploration was a big plus.

Darkstorm Zero
Indeed, the map layouts where very well done for it's time, I used t spend outs scouting out all the secrets of any given stage.

The enemies where also fairly diverse, nearly as diverse as the doom cast and infinitely better than anything from Wolfenstein 3d

The Highlord
Quake had by far better graphics, Id has always been on the top when releasign anew 3D Shooter, and is arguably better then HL2's graphic all depends on what way you look at graphics, but when it comes to Duke and Quake there simply aint a contest, sure you may install Quake now on your pc and say hey this aint much better then Duke's, if I saw that screen your looking at Id say your right, but thats cause you have a new graphic card ATI or nvidia, but take a older graphic card one of the legends of graphic, a VOODOO card that has 3DFX tech not direct X 9.1 then you'l see what I mean by far better then duke, the quake1 engine when begin driven by a Voodoo crad delivers MUCH better graphics then any high end card can do, its like the textures in HL1 it dose not have 4 cornerd textures like Doom and Duke, but it has the same thing has HL1 and Quake 2 you'l have too look pretty close to even see the pixels, I think infact it was Quake 1 that was the first game that did this tech and it has been a standard for all games to come in this genre, also Quake not only had this but it was the first 3DShooter to not use sprites ''2 dimensional figures and items'' but it had real 3D models, duke had 2D models on other hand sound was also always key in Id's games (remember the Cyberdemons walking sound in Doom? how it got louder and louder when it came close and you'd shit your pants cause you had only 15% health left and almust no rockets? hehe good times!) well while Duke had loud bass it didint match Quake's sound for sure.

Smasandian
Yeh, Duke was a good game, and if it was released a year later, it wouldnt of been.

But I agree, its good.

kmcdude
Duke 3d is one of the best ''shoot em ups'' there was at that time and it still is heaps fun

Red Superfly
Quake had by far better graphics, Id has always been on the top when releasign anew 3D Shooter, and is arguably better then HL2's graphic all depends on what way you look at graphics, but when it comes to Duke and Quake there simply aint a contest, sure you may install Quake now on your pc and say hey this aint much better then Duke's, if I saw that screen your looking at Id say your right, but thats cause you have a new graphic card ATI or nvidia, but take a older graphic card one of the legends of graphic, a VOODOO card that has 3DFX tech not direct X 9.1 then you'l see what I mean by far better then duke, the quake1 engine when begin driven by a Voodoo crad delivers MUCH better graphics then any high end card can do, its like the textures in HL1 it dose not have 4 cornerd textures like Doom and Duke, but it has the same thing has HL1 and Quake 2 you'l have too look pretty close to even see the pixels, I think infact it was Quake 1 that was the first game that did this tech and it has been a standard for all games to come in this genre, also Quake not only had this but it was the first 3DShooter to not use sprites ''2 dimensional figures and items'' but it had real 3D models, duke had 2D models on other hand sound was also always key in Id's games (remember the Cyberdemons walking sound in Doom? how it got louder and louder when it came close and you'd shit your pants cause you had only 15% health left and almust no rockets? hehe good times!) well while Duke had loud bass it didint match Quake's sound for sure.

Er, riiiight. A high end grphics card making Quake look better than an ancient voodoo 3dFX card? I'm a bit confused as to what you're thinking.

Quake came after Duke and the others, and was the first to use full on plygons for characters. It was amazing at the time and still awesome now. It doesn't remove the fact it came a while after Duke. And graphics aren't everything. I personally thought Duke was the best of the lot. The personality and neat touches (paying a stripper to flash you is one highlight I can remember lol).

The Highlord
The Voodoo cards make better graphics to most games that are from 2000 and below, thats cause they where at the top back then as Nvidia and ATI are now, and they had 3DFX there for when playing a older game like Unreal Tournament 1 or Quake1 you'l see that the older card makes much much better graphics then any new one, simple as that, also Quke 1 allowed you to turn or rather ''look'' all around with the mouse, not just ''bend'' then picture as Duke did, but look all the way up as we know games today can do

CorderaMitchell

Quake was a superior engine, duke was a superior game.

Kinda like SNES, still the best nintendo system.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Er, riiiight. A high end grphics card making Quake look better than an ancient voodoo 3dFX card? I'm a bit confused as to what you're thinking.

Quake came after Duke and the others, and was the first to use full on plygons for characters. It was amazing at the time and still awesome now. It doesn't remove the fact it came a while after Duke. And graphics aren't everything. I personally thought Duke was the best of the lot. The personality and neat touches (paying a stripper to flash you is one highlight I can remember lol).

I love those strippers...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.