What would happen if the moon blew up?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Masrix
Id hide under a rock

sad

Revernd Maynard
Originally posted by Masrix
Id hide under a rock

sad oh i hear it blowing up...you should go under a rock and stay there for the rest of your life and never talk again

Red Superfly
Well tidal activity would change, probably changing the landscape and the visible land forever. Climate would alter, ecosystems would shift, and the Earth would eventally melt.

Zatch
If the moon blew up it would be disaterous. I would rather be in a plain because the tides would screw up and if you are under a rock that won't keep the water from you.

Masrix
I would be in a rock that pretected me from everything and had a popcorn machine

Revernd Maynard
I would be in a rock that pretected me from everything and had a popcorn machine i hate you no expression

DarkC
No tides
No moonlight
Lotsa meteorites for the first day
possible asteroid

Masrix
Originally posted by Revernd Maynard
i hate you no expression You know you love me!

Red Superfly
I would be in a rock that pretected me from everything and had a popcorn machine

You can have mine. Originally I bought it on impulse. One day I thought "Hey, I could really do with a rock with a popcorn machine in it, in case one day a catastrophic lunar disaster floods the world and simoultaneously rids us of the worlds entire supply of sweet cinema confectionary" and bought one. I've only used it once (that was only to hide from the scary tomcat with one eye that runs the local biker gangs), now it stays in the garage.

T.M
The stability of the earth's rotational axis---it always remains nearly 23 degrees---is due partly to the Moon's presence; without it, the Earth's axis would wobble much more violently, so that seasons would be far more severe. We could even from time to time orbit on our backs like the planet Uranus!

The length of the day might have been much shorter.

There would be greatly reduced ocean tides or tidal reaches so that the development of much of marine life, and certainly the development of Amphibia and the settlement of Dry Land, would have been greatly affected, perhaps prevented.

As for the present, our civilization might find it hard to adapt to a sudden withdrawal of the Moon, but could learn to cope with a slow drifting away---which is in fact occurring at a rate of about 3 cm/year. smart

Darth Nauj
Id hide under a rock

sad
omg thats so scary

T.M
By the way what moon are u talking about ?

u know we got more than one right.

Masrix
Originally posted by Red Superfly
You can have mine. Originally I bought it on impulse. One day I thought "Hey, I could really do with a rock with a popcorn machine in it, in case one day a catastrophic lunar disaster floods the world and simoultaneously rids us of the worlds entire supply of sweet cinema confectionary" and bought one. I've only used it once (that was only to hide from the scary tomcat with one eye that runs the local biker gangs), now it stays in the garage. Yep im adding tyou to my sig, lol

Red Superfly
The Earth might fire the moon anyways.

Earth: *coughsplutterchoke* WTF? Why am I choking? Lets see here....

*Earth examines himself*

Earth: "What the hell? Where are my f*cking dinosaurs at? What are these little fleshy monkey things with legs? They're royally screwing me over. No wonder I feel like crap.

*Earth feels his top*

Earth: "WTF! My ozone is going bald! Moon! You stupid son-of a *****! You were supposed to make sure that asteroid didn't hit me!"

Moon: "Yeah, did you see the size of that thing? I woulda been toast!"

Earth: "So you let it hit me? Now look at me. I'm coverred in these human things now. I'm f*cking dying. You're fired!"

Moon: "Fine, I'm going over to Jupiter, there's always a party goin' on over there. You suck"

Earth: "No you suck!"

Moon: "No, you suck!"

*Earth shoots Moon with a......er......gun?*

That moon and his shenanigans........ roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Nauj

*Earth examines himself*

Earth: "What the hell? Where are my f*cking dinosaurs at? What are these little fleshy monkey things with legs? They're royally screwing me over. No wonder I feel like crap.

*Earth feels his top*

Earth: "WTF! My ozone is going bald! Moon! You stupid son-of a *****! You were supposed to make sure that asteroid didn't hit me!"

Earth: "So you let it hit me? Now look at me. I'm coverred in these human things now. I'm f*cking dying. You're fired!"

Moon: "Fine, I'm going over to Jupiter, there's always a party goin' on over there. You suck"

laughing out loud

Masrix

*Earth examines himself*

*Earth feels his top*

That moon and his shenanigans........ roll eyes (sarcastic) Pure talent!

Revernd Maynard

*Earth examines himself*

*Earth feels his top*

That moon and his shenanigans........ roll eyes (sarcastic) You're f*cked up...but i love you

Red Superfly
Not as f*cked up as this:

http://forsan.esc18.net/FishbackBob/Funny%20Pics/Hair.jpg

But close

DarkC

*Earth examines himself*

*Earth feels his top*

hysterical2

T.M
Not as f*cked up as this:

http://forsan.esc18.net/FishbackBob/Funny%20Pics/Hair.jpg

But close

that is scary yes

Fianna
Id hide under a rock

sad Odd....the moon is supposed to be closely licked to women....what would we do? icon5

Me personally...I'd go out for a walk at night..happy

Red Superfly
Why though? The moon would be in bits and you'd likley be killed by the hellfire and brimstone that the Earth's atmosphere now resembles....

Fianna
Why though? The moon would be in bits and you'd likley be killed by the hellfire and brimstone that the Earth's atmosphere now resembles.... Meh...can't have it all ways..shrug

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.