Vodo-Siosk Bass vs. Lord Hoth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthGenises
It has always bothered me.

Darth_Glentract
wow. this is a surprisingly good thread. I want to say Hoth, and maybe should, but Vodo was a six hundred years old lightsaber grandmaster who beat Exar one time, even when he was using his staff vs. Exar with two lightsabers. That wasn't Super-Exar though, so I'm not sure. Vodo was also powerful enough to come back as a spirit 4000 years after his death and help vanquish Exar's spirit.

Hoth on the otherhand was the most powerful Jedi of his time, probably the most powerful person in the entire New Sith Wars. I think that he was used as a basic template for Revan, being a scaled down version. He was a brilliant tactician, and powerful fighter. I'm not sure.

Alright. I'm going with instinct and giving it to Vodo.

DarthGenises
Thank you for the compliment Glentract.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
wow. this is a surprisingly good thread. I want to say Hoth, and maybe should, but Vodo was a six hundred years old lightsaber grandmaster who beat Exar one time, even when he was using his staff vs. Exar with two lightsabers. That wasn't Super-Exar though, so I'm not sure. Vodo was also powerful enough to come back as a spirit 4000 years after his death and help vanquish Exar's spirit.

Hoth on the otherhand was the most powerful Jedi of his time, probably the most powerful person in the entire New Sith Wars. I think that he was used as a basic template for Revan, being a scaled down version. He was a brilliant tactician, and powerful fighter. I'm not sure.

Alright. I'm going with instinct and giving it to Vodo.

Hoth is no pushover, but yes, I'd say Vodo too.

Lord Simus
You people wanted Ancient Jedi so here you go.

Illustrious
Vodo has more experience than Hoth, and likely more understanding of the force. He could harden his walking stick to resist lightsabers, so clearly he is no weakling. Hoth is no pushover, but I'm giving it to Vodo as well.

Makashi
Howdy. Vodo wins after a long battle. What do you guys think of my "revamped" screennme? It's no longer in caps and I got rid of the man part.

Lord Simus
It ok, is that James Bond?

Abyssal Lord
Originally posted by Makashi
Howdy. Vodo wins after a long battle. What do you guys think of my "revamped" screennme? It's no longer in caps and I got rid of the man part.

I spit on it because I am evil. smokin'

DarthMaul9123
if it is he has a really skinny head

Makashi
Yeah it's kinda messed up a bit. I will fix later or something.

Lord Simus
Wow not one person has said Hoth! I mean Vodo is no pushover but Hoth could pull this off. Sure his height advantage won't come into play but he is a hell of a lot stronger than Vodo.

-I don't know how Vodo's species matures but I think I will give him the advantage in Force knowledge and power assuming that his race matures normally.

-In terms of Combat Tactics Hoth has this. His strategies throughout the New Sith War are easily comparable to Revans.

- In lightsabre skills Vodo is superior because of his size and years of experience. Of course it would not be easy due to Lord Hoth's strength, Janus put it best "Hes the Hulk Hogan of Star Wars".

In conclusion Hoth's strength and combat tactics would give him a not so easy and well earned victory.

DarthMaul9123
haha nice new icon grandpa simpson...good very good

Makashi
Well back in WW2..................

Lord Simus
Bump

Lord Simus
Bump again.

Darth_Glentract
you can wait more than 18 minutes between bumpings.

About what was said about Hoth winning because of his strength, I am not sure about that. Without the force, I seriously doubt Yoda is any stronger than a five years old kid. With it though, he can stop attacks from someone twenty times his size. I am unsure who would though.

Lord Simus
I didn't just say strength, it would help but not that much his strength is his combat tactics that is what would give him the victory in my opinion.

Illustrious
Originally posted by Lord Simus
Wow not one person has said Hoth! I mean Vodo is no pushover but Hoth could pull this off. Sure his height advantage won't come into play but he is a hell of a lot stronger than Vodo.

-I don't know how Vodo's species matures but I think I will give him the advantage in Force knowledge and power assuming that his race matures normally.

-In terms of Combat Tactics Hoth has this. His strategies throughout the New Sith War are easily comparable to Revans.

- In lightsabre skills Vodo is superior because of his size and years of experience. Of course it would not be easy due to Lord Hoth's strength, Janus put it best "Hes the Hulk Hogan of Star Wars".

In conclusion Hoth's strength and combat tactics would give him a not so easy and well earned victory.

A lot of things could counter strength. Yoda isn't very strong, but aided by the force, he was extremely formidable. Vodo has enough power in the force to not even require a lightsaber, he was able to hold off Kun, even if it wasn't uber-Kun, with just his walking stick. There was NOBODY of Kun's caliber in the Battle of Ruusan.

And what does combat tactics have to do with 1v1? We know Hoth can maneuver an army, but where does it mention he has great tactics in a personal duel? There's a vast dfiference tactically when you have 10000 vs. 10000 and 1 vs. 1.

Again, his strength could easily be countered, especially since Vodo likely has more experience with a lightsaber and has advantages in the force.

Yeah, and bumping every 15 minutes is very annoying.

Lord Simus
True but Yoda has never fought anyone as physically strong as Hoth.

Darth_Glentract
Let me also contribute on the strength thing.

When Vodo fought Exar with his walking stick, Exar had two lightsabers. Exar also has TREMENDOUS strength. I believe that the ground shuck as he walked. That is powerful.

P.S. That may just be someone's fanboyism. I don't personaly recall Exar making the ground shake, but I have been told it did.

Lord Simus
I think he meant that as a gauge of his power.

atlant80
give me some history on vodo and hoth please

Darth_Glentract

atlant80
vodo is like yoda right

Darth_Glentract
ignore

Lord Simus
Actually Glentract in termds of size he is.

atlant80
what confused everyone is comparing them so i thought...

Darth_Glentract
failed attempt to post a picture.

Darth_Glentract
just look him up on google image search. The reason he was being compared to Yoda was to make a point about physical strength.

http://pobguild.topfreewebhosting.com/vodo1s.jpg

atlant80
i dont know much about ancient jedi but i do know how he looks (wiki)

Darth Zayzia

What does physcial strength matter when someone is fighting Yoda? Forgive me if this seems to be a stupid question, but since Yoda always seems leap around when he fights would great strength really do any good? I would think that superb reflexes and good dexterity would be more important in this issue, but then again this is only my opinon.

Darth_Janus

That's a silly idea; in all the Order, from the rough Anakin Skywalker to the imposing Mace Windu, all the way through perhaps thousands of other jedi Yoda has trained and possibly sparred with, he hasn't fought and overcome someone with that kind of physical strength? If raw power was all that was needed to defeat Yoda, Mace would have done it long ago, or anakin even.

darthsith19
I think that Hoth wins. First of all, Vodo never beat Kun, the first time they foght he put Kun on the ground but then Kun got back up and beat him. This passage from Path of Destruction gives us an idea of how strong Hoth is:

"Lord Hoth stood in the thickest of the fighting, hewing down foes foolish enough to come in range of his fierce weapon. His nostrils were fileld with the greasy-sweet stench of charred flesh, and a wall of bodies was mounting around him. And still they kept coming, swarming over him like carrion beetles on a fresh kill, seeking to drag him down by sheer numbers.

Pernicar vanished beneath the sea of enemies, and Hoth redoubled his efforts to reach his fallen friend. He was unstoppable in his fury, like the devastating storms of the Maw itself. "

Could Vodo do that? I somehow doubt it. And with Hoth's great size he could probably cut through Vodo's walking stick like it's nothing.

Count Makashi
Hoth wins here, Vodo in combat isn't anything special, while Hoth was very good.

But, dartsith, those foes were nothing special either.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Count Makashi
Hoth wins here, Vodo in combat isn't anything special, while Hoth was very good.

But, dartsith, those foes were nothing special either.
Vodo isn't anything in special? I think that's an understatement, he was a Jedi Guardian and he gave Kun a good fight the first time they fought. And I know those guys wern't anything special, but the fact that there was a wall of bodies mounting around him... even if they were only as good as Battle Droids or SBD's, that's still fairly impressive...

vader11
Hoth wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.