Films overshadow the written word

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Elessea
In today's world so many children and adults alike are exposed constantly to films and movies so often that they often don't read nearly as much as they should or could..."What's the point of reading and having to think when I can just see a movie and let other people think for me"

And now I'm going to shut up, because I don't feel like re-living my entire english project/speech...so this guy says it better anyway:

http://www.writersdigest.com/articles/clemens_tolkien.asp

and the point of my thread was merely to say: Yey for this guy. I agree with him. Read this.

chicho
nice

Flying High
i agree....cause people are now thinking...why read it when we can watch it...watching it takes like 10 hours...when reading takes loads of time...

but those people miss out stuff that wasnt in the movies....so their loss really...

Ushgarak
They miss out on all the crap stuff in the books as well though. The books are highly inaccessible to the casual reader.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.