Yoda vs Vodo Siosk Bass

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Human Vader
Any thoughts?

Darth243
Yoda

Darth Windu
Any reasons, or do you just not know anything about the other guy?

Anyway, this would be a pretty good fight. The Grandmasters of different times. . . . but I'd give this to, uh. . . . I actually don't know. I wait for further opinions.

Darth243
lol , i know absolutely nothing about master bass

Darth Windu
Then look something up. Even though it is not a site to go to for finer details, go to Wikipedia for a basic understanding of the character.

Darth243
done it, and ironically I would still say yoda, but it would be close

Human Vader
He was a jeedai master during the Sith War. He trained Exar Kun until Exar turned to the Dark Side. They battled to a stand still one time and Kun managed to escape. Then later when Ulic, Kun's apprentice, was captured and stood trial in front of the republic, Kun busted into the room and freed him, killing Bass in a duel whilst doing so. It should be noted that the first time Bass fought Kun, Exar was considerably weaker than he was in their second duel.

Darth Windu
Well, as long as you have some knowledge on both characters, I have no qualms.

Illustrious
The guy was a grandmaster that lived through Nadd and Kun, two very powerful and agressive Sith Lords that caused panic and devastation to the Republic. Vodo definitely has a shot at this.

Darth_Glentract
Vodo was killed by Exar, so he didn't live through that, but yes, he did survive Nadd. He also may have seen Tulak depending on when Tulak was alive. He may have been the one who killed him for all we know. I wonder if he taught Kreia. He could be Revan's master's master. That would be cool.

The're about equal, but I think Vodo would win.

Question: Why is Vodo the only one refered to as grandmaster? I know he is one, but why is he one?

Emperor Revan
I don't know. Exar beat him with two lightsabers, but Vodo only had a walking stick. I've read shadow hunter but don't remember the part others do, where they say Yoda can beat those 3 Masters with a walking stick or whatever. But I don't remember a whole lot from the book either, so they're probably right.

Now what you're probably thinking is that it was Exar here, but the guy really wasn't all that special until he got the sith amulet. a cave would've killed him if Nadd's spirit hadn't saved his life. Creatures on Korriban (that remarkably resembled Tu'kata would've killed him if Nadd's spirit hadn't save his life again. IMO this goes to Yoda.

Darth_Glentract
Exar is a lot more powerful than the three Jedi that attacked Yoda. Yoda also didn't beat them, he simply dodged for about a minute.

Exar was special before that amulet. Vodo even says that he was the most powerful student he had ever trained, and he said this before Exar got the amulet. Vodo has trained a lot of people, he's almost as old as Yoda.

Exar also killed a ton of Massassi and Nadd spirit in one fight. Your not giving Vodo enough credit.

chilled monkey
This would be a great fight. I'd say Vodo wins. He is one of the few who can beat Yoda.

He beat Exar Kun using only a walking stick!

Vesman
I think that Yoda win, but not easily.

HimoKun
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Vodo was killed by Exar, so he didn't live through that, but yes, he did survive Nadd. He also may have seen Tulak depending on when Tulak was alive. He may have been the one who killed him for all we know. I wonder if he taught Kreia. He could be Revan's master's master. That would be cool.

The're about equal, but I think Vodo would win.

Question: Why is Vodo the only one refered to as grandmaster? I know he is one, but why is he one?

Well, what did Nadd do? He did not attack the Republic, all he did was take over Onderon, and the Jedi were hardly involved.

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by HimoKun
Well, what did Nadd do? He did not attack the Republic, all he did was take over Onderon, and the Jedi were hardly involved.

Himo... DOn't start another one of these trends. If you don't know, find out... but don't start out on some "We don't know shit about him, thus he must suck" crusades...

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Exar is a lot more powerful than the three Jedi that attacked Yoda. Yoda also didn't beat them, he simply dodged for about a minute.

More powerful than Deepa Billaba, Plo Koon and Saesee Tiin together ? And dodging three lightsabers for about a minute being without any weapon is quite impressive.

Well...Vodo is impressive but still I think Yoda would be slightly more powerful when it comes to use of the force and he is the better lightsaber duelist.

DarthMaul9123
Yoda Kiks ass im a Darth Maul fan and i know yoda could beat maul and Maul could beat vodo so end of story vodo is like a child to Yoda

DarthMaul9123
actually yoda might get dizzy cause he spins too much but i still think yoda would win

DarthMaul9123
Darth Janus has to be the best when it comes to knowing star wars

darth zamorak
maul doesnt beat vodo........not even by a miracle

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by DarthMaul9123
Darth Janus has to be the best when it comes to knowing star wars

No, actually Nai Fohl has more extensive knowledge than me. Darth Windu usually remembers more than me. Hell, you pick anyone and they probably either know nothing or something I don't.

darth zamorak
nice avatar janus

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
No, actually Nai Fohl has more extensive knowledge than me. Darth Windu usually remembers more than me. Hell, you pick anyone and they probably either know nothing or something I don't.

Don't underrate your knowledge. wink

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Nai Fohl
Don't underrate your knowledge. wink

Well, I do learn more every day... But I'm not the heaviest hitter here. For example, I haven't read a single NJO novel through... Can't do it.

Darth_Frobo
i've read them, afterwards i promptly burned them and took a piss on their ashes, sorry but i really couldn't stand all the BS especially the "han and leia get divorced" crap. but that's not the point Janus you know a lot more then many many people here (myself included).

PS could someone make me an avatar?

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Darth_Frobo
i've read them, afterwards i promptly burned them and took a piss on their ashes, sorry but i really couldn't stand all the BS especially the "han and leia get divorced" crap. but that's not the point Janus you know a lot more then many many people here (myself included).

PS could someone make me an avatar?

Sure thing. What cha want on it?

PS... Han and Leia got divorced? What is this... space opera becomes soap opera?

Darth_Frobo
I just want it to look cool please darkside charachters Vader,Revan others or yoda would all be cool but i trust you more then i trust myself your new one is awesome.

And yeah han and leia got divorced, I nearly naplamed George lucas's house for letting that happen.

Darth_Janus
I would too. That's ridiculous. Hm... Alright, let's do this... i'll crop a pic and post it. You can save it to your harddrive. Then, go to your profile and pick I think it's options... go to the bottom and click the avatar maker thing. Click keep aspect ratio and browse, upload the pic. Viola... Instant avatar!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.