I played on XBOX 360 today...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

§P0oONY
"Test Drive Unlimited" I played on...

Was still in development but fun all the same.

Makes me want one...

DarkC
Where'd you play it?

§P0oONY
Originally posted by DarkC
Where'd you play it?

At Atari.

Wolf Dog
laughing

Myth
So! I played Xbox 360 at Sony.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Myth

*cough*

So?

Walfredo

Stealth Agent
yea spill your guts tell us what was it like

I heard it was really powerful. So powerful it gives you orgasim's on demand.

kash$king
***** i own 5 xbox 360 whats up now.pimppimp

Stealth Agent

yeah ive done that too

but that shit is exspensive. They charge practically a god damn 1000 and it looks like a ****in ps2.
Sony always pulls shit like that

Wolf Dog

laughing
"I played Xbox360 at Atari" has got to be one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

dave123

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Walfredo
What was so good that you want one...come on now..if you playe dit details. How does the controller feel, start-up screen, menus, speed, graphics, sound... you're holding back.

It all runs nice and smoothly... the graphics we're pretty decent. I didn't see any of the start up screens because it was already running when I started to play.

The controller is alright.. I didn't play for long.. so I didn't really get the feel of it.

Originally posted by Wolf Dog
laughing
"I played Xbox360 at Atari" has got to be one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

Yeah real funny roll eyes (sarcastic)

How do you think they develop games without having the console?

JLRTENJAC
waddya play?

Smasandian
Well, I didnt play the 360, but I played the Revolution from Nintendo.
Its kicks ass.
The "Secret" controller is pretty awesome. It like moulds to your hands, and then this thing comes out of the console and sticks a needle in your brain so it reads your brain patters and thats how you control it. You become one with console, or something like that.
The game I played was pretty cool. Nintendo is definitly going mature on us. No more kiddie games.
The game was called, "Mario Goes Wild"
Mario does shrooms, Peach gets drunk and like flashes people, and there is yoshi love. Its prettty sweet. Oh yeah, Toadstool is a stripper and the koomba's are Bowsers homosexual bodyguards.
Its going to be a kickass system wink

Darth_Otaku
Originally posted by Stealth Agent
yeah ive done that too

but that shit is exspensive. They charge practically a god damn 1000 and it looks like a ****in ps2.
Sony always pulls shit like that

If the X-Box 360 looks like a PS2,how did Sony pull shit?If the XBox360 looks like a PS2 that's Microsofts doing...

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Smasandian
Well, I didnt play the 360, but I played the Revolution from Nintendo.
Its kicks ass.
The "Secret" controller is pretty awesome. It like moulds to your hands, and then this thing comes out of the console and sticks a needle in your brain so it reads your brain patters and thats how you control it. You become one with console, or something like that.
The game I played was pretty cool. Nintendo is definitly going mature on us. No more kiddie games.
The game was called, "Mario Goes Wild"
Mario does shrooms, Peach gets drunk and like flashes people, and there is yoshi love. Its prettty sweet. Oh yeah, Toadstool is a stripper and the koomba's are Bowsers homosexual bodyguards.
Its going to be a kickass system wink

That's just sick... oh and peach and toadstool are the same person.

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Darth_Otaku
If the X-Box 360 looks like a PS2,how did Sony pull shit?If the XBox360 looks like a PS2 that's Microsofts doing... confused

Red Superfly
Err... what? The XBox 360 is actually proving what it can do. Games, up and running and playable. Good for them.

The PS3 has so far given us lies. A fake pre-render of Killzone (there's no way in hell finished PS3 games will look like this) and a big render of Alfred Molinas realistic head (yeah, while you spend a month making the characters head, you may wish to consider the rest of the game you'll need to make and, you know, program).

Sony has everyone fooled. Everyone seems to forget the PS2. Emotion Engine? Remember that? Remember how the PS2 was gonna link up to everything you have? Remember the promises of super-realistic graphics (which we still have NEVER even seen a game come close to copying)? Remember The Bouncer and how it would define next gen (and when it was released, was a pile of crap - how many of you have heard of this game anyway)?

The PS3 chip isn't even finished and tested. Nothing was truly running on the hardware.

Sony are known for empty promises. Sony are smart however, in that they know most people these days have the memory and attention span of a retarded goldfish. Throw any tech specs and promises of teraflop power and they'll be sold. Just like the PS2.

So far, I trust Microsoft. Wow, I never thought I'd ever hear myself say that. They have games, almost finished, ready to go. They've proven themselves. They have also acknowledged smaller development companies and what they can do. Sony, on the other hand, have shown us whats possible, in a best case scenario (a movie-like budget, with a team the size of the Lord Of The Rings crew, with a massive, generous budget, and with the best coders and artists on hand, could MAYBE make a game like Killzone 2). In the real world, PS3 is gonna be no better than the 360. It'll be like what the XBox was to the PS2. More powerful, but hardly used to it's full potential. Just more polygons.

Cait Sith
You guys don't know the first thing about the Next Gen consoles, and if you do you don't seem to be showing any signs of it.

First off the Killzone Demo was not Pre-Rendered however it was sped up from 5fps to 60fps for the video.

Second you are right about the PS3 and the hardware not ready yet, and that it wasn't done on the PS3 hardware. However the Alpha kit which produced the fine looking trailers at E3 are less powerful than what the PS3 is going to be when it is finalized. The Graphics cards that were being used were 2 x 6800 Ultras in SLi, the RSX which is what will be used in the final version is supposed to be twice as powerful. Quite a few of the trailers just used the Cell Chip to render the graphics and the sounds.

Heres what the specs are looking like for when it will come out.

CPU

Cell Processor
PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz
1 VMX vector unit per core
512KB L2 cache
7 x SPE @3.2GHz
7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE
* 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy
total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS

GPU

RSX @550MHz
1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance
Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels
Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines

Sound

Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell- base processing)

Memory

256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz 256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz

System Bandwidth

Main RAM 25.6GB/s
VRAM 22.4GB/s
RSX 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)
SB< 2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)

System Floating Point Performance

2 TFLOPS

Storage

Detachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1

I/O

USB Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)
Memory Stick standard/Duo, PRO x 1
SD standard/mini x 1
CompactFlash (Type I, II) x 1

Communication

Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)
Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g
Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)

Controller

Bluetooth (up to 7)
USB 2.0 (wired)
Wi-Fi (PSP)
Network (over IP)

AV Output

Screen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
HDMI: HDMI out x 2
Analog: AV MULTI OUT x 1
Digital audio: DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) x 1

Not to mention that the PS3 will be using Blu Ray while XBOX 360 will still be using DVD-9, which is definitely not enough to hold the amount of High Definition gaming and Movies to whet our appetite.

Zen2nd
So how do you know? What you know could be all lies too hmmp

Red Superfly
That doesn't change the fact that in the real world, developers will barely even realise it's power.

You posted a cut-and-paste tech sheet which everyone has already seen. People bang on about it's capabilities and yet there's no evidence to suggest any developer will fully realise what its capable of. Look at the current XBox, it still hasn't been used to its full potential.

You can keep kidding yourselves about the PS3, just like everyone kidded themselves about the PS2. You won't see THAT Killzone up and running on PS3 hardware. If it does, that trailer will be about as long as the actual game would be.

People say games like GTA will be even bigger, with better graphics. How so? Do you realise how long it would take to model a highly detailed city three times bigger than San Andreas? You're probably looking at a) A smaller city with great graphics or b) A huge map with less detail. It's one or the other. How on earth do people think these games are made? Magic?

San Andreas itself struggles on the hardware its on. Streaming problems, bugs, frame-rate issues. It's a next-gen game trying to shed some of its weight (textures etc) and cramming onto the current hardware. The next gereation is likely to do things like San Andreas, but better, slicker and bug free, as opposed to more polygons, longer and bigger. The next generation is likely to be more about doing ambitious projects, like San Andreas, but on hardware that doesn't have so many limitations, and as a result a better game is created.

With all the leaps in technology, there's no denying games are getting shorter in general, despite development taking longer. The one big advantage is Blu-Ray and it's high definition capabilities. That's about it. PS3 will likley be the machine that unofficially launches the Blu-Ray format into mainstream consciousness, just like the PS2 helped the DVD format take off.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Cait Sith
You guys don't know the first thing about the Next Gen consoles, and if you do you don't seem to be showing any signs of it.

I don't know much.. nor do I pretend too.. I just know someone who works for Atari and he said I should come along and see the place.

SaTsuJiN
blah blah.. graphics looked nice, yada yada.. why bother posting something so vague.. if you wanted to show off you coulda just posted OMFG I PLAYED XBOX360 N YOU DIDNT@! HAHAHA!... that would have at least had a point..

Mainstream

§P0oONY
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
blah blah.. graphics looked nice, yada yada.. why bother posting something so vague.. if you wanted to show off you coulda just posted OMFG I PLAYED XBOX360 N YOU DIDNT@! HAHAHA!... that would have at least had a point..

I detect jealousy...

Sucks to be you.

Happy now?

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Err... what? The XBox 360 is actually proving what it can do. Games, up and running and playable. Good for them.

The PS3 has so far given us lies. A fake pre-render of Killzone (there's no way in hell finished PS3 games will look like this) and a big render of Alfred Molinas realistic head (yeah, while you spend a month making the characters head, you may wish to consider the rest of the game you'll need to make and, you know, program).

Sony has everyone fooled. Everyone seems to forget the PS2. Emotion Engine? Remember that? Remember how the PS2 was gonna link up to everything you have? Remember the promises of super-realistic graphics (which we still have NEVER even seen a game come close to copying)? Remember The Bouncer and how it would define next gen (and when it was released, was a pile of crap - how many of you have heard of this game anyway)?

The PS3 chip isn't even finished and tested. Nothing was truly running on the hardware.

Sony are known for empty promises. Sony are smart however, in that they know most people these days have the memory and attention span of a retarded goldfish. Throw any tech specs and promises of teraflop power and they'll be sold. Just like the PS2.

So far, I trust Microsoft. Wow, I never thought I'd ever hear myself say that. They have games, almost finished, ready to go. They've proven themselves. They have also acknowledged smaller development companies and what they can do. Sony, on the other hand, have shown us whats possible, in a best case scenario (a movie-like budget, with a team the size of the Lord Of The Rings crew, with a massive, generous budget, and with the best coders and artists on hand, could MAYBE make a game like Killzone 2). In the real world, PS3 is gonna be no better than the 360. It'll be like what the XBox was to the PS2. More powerful, but hardly used to it's full potential. Just more polygons.

Yea

First off the Killzone Demo was not Pre-Rendered however it was sped up from 5fps to 60fps for the video.

Second you are right about the PS3 and the hardware not ready yet, and that it wasn't done on the PS3 hardware. However the Alpha kit which produced the fine looking trailers at E3 are less powerful than what the PS3 is going to be when it is finalized. The Graphics cards that were being used were 2 x 6800 Ultras in SLi, the RSX which is what will be used in the final version is supposed to be twice as powerful. Quite a few of the trailers just used the Cell Chip to render the graphics and the sounds.

CPU

Cell Processor
512KB L2 cache
7 x SPE @3.2GHz
7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE

GPU

RSX @550MHz

Sound

Memory

System Bandwidth

Main RAM 25.6GB/s
VRAM 22.4GB/s

2 TFLOPS

Storage

I/O

SD standard/mini x 1

Communication

Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g
Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)

Controller

Bluetooth (up to 7)
USB 2.0 (wired)
Wi-Fi (PSP)
Network (over IP)

AV Output

Not to mention that the PS3 will be using Blu Ray while XBOX 360 will still be using DVD-9, which is definitely not enough to hold the amount of High Definition gaming and Movies to whet our appetite.

I'll believe it when I see it! Oh and pne more thing... Sony bases on CRAPPY sports games... The PSP is a load of crap... They started the blasted thing as an EXACT duplicate of the GBA SP... They have stolen Nintendo games like final fantasy and Megaman and make it out as if they created the games! Sony is full of CRAP, and their system that everyone says is sooo great with it's Final fantisy Just remember they stole it from nintendo!

hotsauce6548
That doesn't change the fact that in the real world, developers will barely even realise it's power.

You posted a cut-and-paste tech sheet which everyone has already seen. People bang on about it's capabilities and yet there's no evidence to suggest any developer will fully realise what its capable of. Look at the current XBox, it still hasn't been used to its full potential.

You can keep kidding yourselves about the PS3, just like everyone kidded themselves about the PS2. You won't see THAT Killzone up and running on PS3 hardware. If it does, that trailer will be about as long as the actual game would be.

People say games like GTA will be even bigger, with better graphics. How so? Do you realise how long it would take to model a highly detailed city three times bigger than San Andreas? You're probably looking at a) A smaller city with great graphics or b) A huge map with less detail. It's one or the other. How on earth do people think these games are made? Magic?

San Andreas itself struggles on the hardware its on. Streaming problems, bugs, frame-rate issues. It's a next-gen game trying to shed some of its weight (textures etc) and cramming onto the current hardware. The next gereation is likely to do things like San Andreas, but better, slicker and bug free, as opposed to more polygons, longer and bigger. The next generation is likely to be more about doing ambitious projects, like San Andreas, but on hardware that doesn't have so many limitations, and as a result a better game is created.

With all the leaps in technology, there's no denying games are getting shorter in general, despite development taking longer. The one big advantage is Blu-Ray and it's high definition capabilities. That's about it. PS3 will likley be the machine that unofficially launches the Blu-Ray format into mainstream consciousness, just like the PS2 helped the DVD format take off.

Agreed, 100%. thumb up

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
Agreed, 100%. thumb up

big grin

Sorgo

CPU

Cell Processor
512KB L2 cache
7 x SPE @3.2GHz
7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE

GPU

RSX @550MHz

Sound

Memory

System Bandwidth

Main RAM 25.6GB/s
VRAM 22.4GB/s

2 TFLOPS

Storage

I/O

SD standard/mini x 1

Communication

Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g
Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)

Controller

Bluetooth (up to 7)
USB 2.0 (wired)
Wi-Fi (PSP)
Network (over IP)

AV Output

CPU

Cell Processor
512KB L2 cache
7 x SPE @3.2GHz
7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE

GPU

RSX @550MHz

Sound

Memory

System Bandwidth

Main RAM 25.6GB/s
VRAM 22.4GB/s

2 TFLOPS

Storage

I/O

SD standard/mini x 1

Communication

Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g
Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)

Controller

Bluetooth (up to 7)
USB 2.0 (wired)
Wi-Fi (PSP)
Network (over IP)

AV Output

^ PS3 Specs

Now check out the 360 specs, people.

Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU

* Three symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each
* Two hardware threads per core; six hardware threads total
* VMX-128 vector unit per core; three total
* 128 VMX-128 registers per hardware thread
* 1 MB L2 cache

CPU Game Math Performance

* 9.6 billion dot product operations per second

Custom ATI Graphics Processor

* 10 MB of embedded DRAM
* 48-way parallel floating-point dynamically scheduled shader pipelines
* Unified shader architecture

Polygon Performance

* 500 million triangles per second

Pixel Fill Rate

* 16 gigasamples per second fill rate using 4x MSAA

Shader Performance

* 48 billion shader operations per second

Memory

* 512 MB of 700 MHz GDDR3 RAM
* Unified memory architecture

Memory Bandwidth

* 22.4 GB/s memory interface bus bandwidth
* 256 GB/s memory bandwidth to EDRAM
* 21.6 GB/s front-side bus

Overall System Floating-Point Performance

* 1 teraflop

Storage

* Detachable and upgradeable 20GB hard drive
* 12x dual-layer DVD-ROM
* Memory Unit support starting at 64 MB

I/O

* Support for up to four wireless game controllers
* Three USB 2.0 ports
* Two memory unit slots

Optimized for Online

* Instant, out-of-the-box access to Xbox Live features with broadband service, including Xbox Live Marketplace for downloadable content, gamer profile for digital identity, and voice chat to talk to friends while playing games, watching movies, or listening to music
* Built-in Ethernet port
* Wi-Fi ready: 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g
* Video camera ready

Digital Media Support

* Support for DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 CD, JPEG Photo CD
* Ability to stream media from portable music devices, digital cameras and Windows XP-based PCs
* Ability to rip music to the Xbox 360 hard drive
* Custom playlists in every game
* Built-in Media Center Extender for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
* Interactive, full-screen 3-D visualizers

High-Definition Game Support

* All games supported at 16:9, 720p, or 1080i, with anti-aliasing
* Standard-definition and high-definition video output supported

Audio

* Multi-channel surround sound output
* Supports 48KHz 16-bit audio
* 320 independent decompression channels
* 32-bit audio processing
* Over 256 audio channels

Physical Specs

* Height: 83 mm
* Width: 309 mm
* Depth: 258 mm
* Weight: 7.7 lbs.

System Orientation

* Stands vertically or horizontally

Customizable Face Plates

* Interchangeable to personalize the console

Wow, it looks like the PS3 specs wipe out the 360 ones....

I don't think so.

The XBOX 360 will wipe out the PS3, and you'll be there to watch it all go down.

Victor Von Doom

All true.

I remember a fellow poster raving about The Bouncer (mentioning no names, Alpha Centauri) and that was possibly one of the crappiest games of all time. Sony is a hype machine.

I remember all the spec comparisons of the current gen- apparently PS2 smoked the Cube. We all know how that one turned out.

Nactous
*wipes as with PS3* Ah, that feels good.

slim_thug

Saint Ramaeker
But i hear that the 360 wont even be allowed to play old xbox games (not that im a supporter of sony)

Silverstein
Originally posted by Fierce Deity
I'll believe it when I see it! Oh and pne more thing... Sony bases on CRAPPY sports games... The PSP is a load of crap... They started the blasted thing as an EXACT duplicate of the GBA SP... They have stolen Nintendo games like final fantasy and Megaman and make it out as if they created the games! Sony is full of CRAP, and their system that everyone says is sooo great with it's Final fantisy Just remember they stole it from nintendo!

big whup. Microsoft "stole" hardware and a bunch of crap from Apple, changed it enough to call it their own, and look at microsoft now, but its not a big deal anymore. sony and microsoft are gonna rip off nintendo's "revolutionary" ideas, and make it better and sell more, and soon it won't matter who's original. The psp is way different from gba sp. and nintendo is not that great, how come they lost 2 generations of the console wars??? and whats so special about Pikmin?

Saint Ramaeker
i am a huge apple supporter here and if apple made a game system... i would deffinatley buy it over the xbox 360

Avenger2.0
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
All true.

I remember a fellow poster raving about The Bouncer (mentioning no names, Alpha Centauri) and that was possibly one of the crappiest games of all time. Sony is a hype machine.

I remember all the spec comparisons of the current gen- apparently PS2 smoked the Cube. We all know how that one turned out.

Come on ladies. Xbox lovers recken that halo graphics are the best. But compared Metal gear solid 2, halo graphics look like someone wiped there ass with a pine cone than scrawled half heatedly on to a pieces on torn canvas with the pine cone.

PS 3 is gonna sink the crap box360 (hopefully literally).

DarkC
Originally posted by Avenger2.0
Come on ladies. Xbox lovers recken that halo graphics are the best. But compared Metal gear solid 2, halo graphics look like someone wiped there ass with a pine cone than scrawled half heatedly on to a pieces on torn canvas with the pine cone.

PS 3 is gonna sink the crap box360 (hopefully literally).
MGS2
http://gammer.itc.ua/img/dpk/2002/6/!mgs2_04_lg.jpg

Halo 2
http://www.dailygame.net/Articles/media/screens/halo2/halo2_2.jpg

Halo 2 has superior shading, coloring, and polygonal graphics compared to MGS2.
Get some glasses, fanboy.

SaTsuJiN

hotsauce6548
I played the 360 at EB Games.

Call of Duty 2. I could play all day. droolio

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Avenger2.0

Why did you quote me and type that in reply?

I think Halo 2 is boring, and overrated.

Having said that, MGS2 is also overrated.

RE4 obliterates them both.

TwisterGameX
Why did you quote me and type that in reply?

I think Halo 2 is boring, and overrated.

Having said that, MGS2 is also overrated.

RE4 obliterates them both.

RE4 is over rated.

Halo 2 is the best of it's kind not all games bow to it. MGS is very good but there are others of it's kind.

Re is the best of it's kind and it's kind alone.

BackFire
Elder Scrolls got delayed? Wow.....that sucks. That was the only launch title I would liked to have played, really.

Lana
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
RE4 is over rated.

Halo 2 is the best of it's kind not all games bow to it. MGS is very good but there are others of it's kind.

I disagree, the RE series in general is probably one of the best. Halo is nothing but overrated.

Originally posted by BackFire
Elder Scrolls got delayed? Wow.....that sucks. That was the only launch title I would liked to have played, really.

Yep, it's delayed until next year....

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Lana
I disagree, the RE series in general is probably one of the best. Halo is nothing but overrated.

Yep, it's delayed until next year....

Name one shooter/coop/ multiplayer thats better than Halo 2( personally I liekd Halo 1 better than 2) stick out tongue

Lana don't even have an Xbox evil face

TwisterGameX

2006 when. I hate when they do this, because people wated long enough already.

Lana
I've still played Halo, quite a bit.

Goldeneye for N64.

TwisterGameX
I've still played Halo, quite a bit.

Goldeneye for N64.

That doesn't count mad that 64 game is the best ever and is a legend but these are the new systems so Hal2 is the best for the nes systems Happy Dance

Lana
Doesn't matter, it's still far better than Halo stick out tongue

TwisterGameX
Doesn't matter, it's still far better than Halo stick out tongue

laughing fine then but I guess you won't like Halo 3 for the 360. sad

The 360 is launching first because they wantto beat sony because last time sony came out first.

§P0oONY
Halo is so cliche.... so is Resident Evil 4.... but that has reason becuase it kicks so much <beepin'> arse.

TwisterGameX

§P0oONY
This is what I hear

RE4 for GC
GTA SA for PS2
Halo 2 for Xbox

Do own these games Spooony evil face

Yes... I own all 3..... your point?

Halo 2 was the most disappointing sequel possible, and I had it preordered... with the majority of Xbox owners.

GTASA was not even in question..

And Resident Evil. Anyone with a GC should have a copy.

TwisterGameX

§P0oONY
I know..I liked part 1 WAY Better.

I might get RE4 and GTA SA...is it worth the money Spooony evil face Should I get them.( I have played RE though a little at the store and friends house)

Both of those titles are most defiantly worth the money... and Halo 2 probably is too... (only because of multiplayer though)

Victor Von Doom
RE4 is over rated.

I don't agree.

Halo 2 is the best of it's kind not all games bow to it.

I don't agree.

It is. It's also a better game than MGS and Halo2, by miles.

Victor Von Doom

TwisterGameX
I don't agree.

I don't agree.

It is. It's also a better game than MGS and Halo2, by miles.

Yeah it is...but still not the best game ever.

Victor Von Doom
Yeah it is...but still not the best game ever.

I think it is at least equal to any other competitors for that title.

What do you believe to be the best game ever?

TwisterGameX
I think it is at least equal to any other competitors for that title.

What do you believe to be the best game ever?

There is no such thing as the best game ever!!!
Also i didn't say the game sucked, it's just that it got over rated

These games below are the best games ever
RE
MGS
Halo
God Of war
Plintercell chaos theory
I havn't played but heard GTA SA
A Random Mario game
super smash bros series
FF
some other crap
and more

Victor Von Doom

These games below are the best games ever

I havn't played but heard GTA SA

This is how overrating begins.

TwisterGameX
This is how overrating begins.

confused ok So it sucks balls...that better ?

Lana
His point is, that you can't judge a game unless you've played it.

TwisterGameX

I doubt he played and beat all the games I listed. evil face

Victor Von Doom

Thanks.

I doubt he played and beat all the games I listed. evil face

I wouldn't make a judgment on the ones I haven't played, though.

§P0oONY
I have smart....

Except God of War... never played that.

And I have not completed/played all of the FF series...

Also never completed Mario Lost Levels.. that was hard.

So... I haven't.... sadwalk

TwisterGameX
Thanks.

I wouldn't make a judgment on the ones I haven't played, though.

Ok then forget what I said. sad I will believe your statment then.

TwisterGameX

TwisterGameX
The 360 has halo 3...but at the store they had the 360 but no games to play on it which messes up the point.

DarkC
Have you beat RE4? Action doesn't really pick up until after you get to the castle.

Lana
Have you beat RE4? Action doesn't really pick up until after you get to the castle.

I think you quoted the wrong post wink

Zen2nd
I don't think RE4 is that great. I think facing the grunts was easier than actually going againts the bosses of the game. Sometimes when going againts the grunts you just get out-numbered whereas with a boss you know all the time where it is.

Halo is a great game. Halo 2, well not so great but good. I sometimes wonder why people say Goldeneye is still great?? I just think they are following like sheep. Compared to todays standards its crap. Play Battlefield 2 or Counter Strike Source now they are games of fun.

Don't talk to me about GTA SA.

hotsauce6548
Resident Evil 4 = Greatness.

Halo and Halo 2 = Greatness.

GTA: San Andreas... Meh. erm

TwisterGameX
Resident Evil 4 = Greatness.

Halo and Halo 2 = Greatness.

GTA: San Andreas... Meh. erm

Is it that bad laughing out loud

TwisterGameX
Well 360 is going to have all the xbox and splinter cells....halos and more. God Of War = Greatness as well.

hotsauce6548
Is it that bad laughing out loud

It was okay... just repetitive and, well, it didn't hold my interest. erm

Lana
Originally posted by Zen2nd

Halo is a great game. Halo 2, well not so great but good. I sometimes wonder why people say Goldeneye is still great?? I just think they are following like sheep. Compared to todays standards its crap. Play Battlefield 2 or Counter Strike Source now they are games of fun.

Goldeneye still stands up well to games made today, and it's 8 years old. I think that really says something about it.

And I'd say that the people who go on about how great Halo is are more the ones that are following like sheep, since it seems that Halo fanboys act like it's blaspemy or something to say something about that game.

DarkC
I think you quoted the wrong post wink
DAMN IT!

Oh....I hate last period.

TwisterGameX
Goldeneye still stands up well to games made today, and it's 8 years old. I think that really says something about it.

And I'd say that the people who go on about how great Halo is are more the ones that are following like sheep, since it seems that Halo fanboys act like it's blaspemy or something to say something about that game.

007 Goldeneye was my first real shooter and multiplayer and is still the best to me and the most fun with those mines and the songs. every other 007 game after that was CRAP or OK, and people fight me and say perfect dark is better than Goldeneye mad

007 for life big grin

hotsauce6548

Just because some people think it's great doesn't mean they're following the herd. I think the game is great, but I still don't think it's basphemy or any other such adjective from the dictionary if you think otherwise, though.

I agree, however. Some people take it too far (*cough* fanboys *cough*), but they're just the idiots of the bunch. no expression

§P0oONY
Goldeneye is one word... smart

TwisterGameX
I guess the worse fanboys are that they get a game thats very good so they use it. Xbox Halo Ps2 Gta GC RE

TwisterGameX

DarkC
I guess the worse fanboys are that they get a game thats very good so they use it. Xbox Halo Ps2 Gta GC RE
I would say SSBM more for GCN.

And Halo and GTA aren't the only good games for each system....Ninja Gaiden, SOCOM.

hotsauce6548

Maybe, but people still whore themselves over RE 4. big grin

Lana
Just because some people think it's great doesn't mean they're following the herd. I think the game is great, but I still don't think it's basphemy or any other such adjective from the dictionary if you think otherwise, though.

I agree, however. Some people take it too far (*cough* fanboys *cough*), but they're just the idiots of the bunch. no expression

Yes, people do take it way to far.

Halo is a good game. But not as good as some people make it out to be, and certainly not the best game ever.

Italian Sausage

im not a fanboy of any of the three systems. i did play all three of the games you have listed. honestly id rather play a LOT of games than any of them.

§P0oONY

And Halo and GTA aren't the only good games for each system....Ninja Gaiden, SOCOM.

yes

Ninja Gaiden droolio

TwisterGameX

I know but those are the ones with the fanboys

TwisterGameX

Italian Sausage

agree.

Lana

I love SSBM eek!

§P0oONY
Ninja God Damn !!

Part 2 is for 360 I think(they said they are making it)

Goddamn.... 1 word... smart

DarkC
I love SSBM eek!
Yeah, it's Legendary IMO.

§P0oONY
SSBM is like the ultimate multiplayer game.

TwisterGameX
I love SSBM eek!

You really need to get a GC for more nintendo goodeness droolio I think you would like tales of symphonai rpg alot.

Lana

TwisterGameX
My friends and I always play it yes

Isn't Halo just a multiplayer game evil face

§P0oONY

Halo 2 is a good multiplayer game when played on a large scale, Lan party, Xbox live

Lana

We've played Halo multi-player too stick out tongue it's always very interesting....

Italian Sausage

Victor Von Doom

Also something about the lack of ambition displayed by most makers of games in recent times.

Italian Sausage
Also something about the lack of ambition displayed by most makers of games in recent times.

at the same time it shows how limited you are when making fps games. thats why i don't really like them cause they all feel basically the same.

Zen2nd
I have to say Counter Strike Source is a lot better than Goldeneye. But thats just my opinion. Feel free to write hate letters to the developers of Counter Strike Source

Halo is a good game. I just like saying that. Its not because other people like it its because it came with my Xbox, I played it and liked it.

Battlefield 2 is also a very good fps. Leagues ahead of Goldeneye too.

Does that make Goldeneye a bad game? No. But it does make it outdated.

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Zen2nd
I have to say Counter Strike Source is a lot better than Goldeneye. But thats just my opinion. Feel free to write hate letters to the developers of Counter Strike Source

Halo is a good game. I just like saying that. Its not because other people like it its because it came with my Xbox, I played it and liked it.

Battlefield 2 is also a very good fps. Leagues ahead of Goldeneye too.

Does that make Goldeneye a bad game? No. But it does make it outdated.

007 is a classic

Zen2nd
007 is a classic

It is but outdated

DarkC
Battlefield 2 is incredible. I've tried it at London Drugs.

hotsauce6548
I'm depressed because I can't play BattleField 2... cry

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Italian Sausage
at the same time it shows how limited you are when making fps games. thats why i don't really like them cause they all feel basically the same.

That's a terminal lack of imagination though, not an inherent flaw.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.