Who is the PERFECT superhero?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
This superhero must be under herald level and possess great intelligence and power and must not have too many weaknesses.

Characters I would eliminate: Superman (weakness to kryptonite and magic), Gladiator (powers too dependent on fluctuating confidence levels), Shazam (alterego iis a vulnerable little boy), batman (only a human in power and durability), Green Lantern (weakness to yellow light and finite power source)

so I guess I'm kinda left with Thor, except I'm not too sure about his intelligence.

Logan 87
Spiderman and Batman

masterbruce
Batman is way too weak to be considered the perfect superhero

and spiderman can't fly, which I think the perfect superhero must be able to do

armandovalles
I think Superman, Captain Marvel, Thor, Wonder Woman, and Hercules (classic, non-alcoholic) are some examples of perfect superheroes.

Logan 87
Originally posted by masterbruce
Batman is way too weak to be considered the perfect superhero

and spiderman can't fly, which I think the perfect superhero must be able to do

He swings, very high, witch is like flying.

Creshosk
Green Lantern (weakness to yellow light and finite power source) They don't have this weakness anymore . . .

newjak86
If you want to know the truth it isn't the powers that make the perfect hero it's something else. I know what you meant which powers make a perfect one but no matter what if you use them for good that makes them the perfect power.
I would have to people who I consider the perfect heros:
The first is Batman. A man without superpowers yet he fights for the greater good simply because he doesn't want someone else to go through whay he had to. He is in danger of being killed everytime he goes out yet he still does.
Then I would also say the Thing. His power is to be a large piece of stone. Plus unlike other people Grim can not fit in the world he never will. He will always look different then him. Thor Iron Man Superman after their finished they could walk the streets and fit in. Even the Hulk turns back into Banner. Thing isn't even a mutant he belongs in no cicle he will always be anoutsider. That is normally the recipe for a villian yet he chooses to be a good guy.
Those are Perfect Heros they do it simply because it is the right thing even though they all the reasons not to.

SnakeEyes
No such thing as a perfect hero because it is the flaws that make people like the heroes, and a "perfect" hero wouldn't sell or exist, because nothing is perfect.

masterbruce
newjack you made very good points

willRules
I would say Spider-man is a hero most people can relate to because he is an imperfect hero. He (like everyone else) fails now and again, then he beats himself up about it. He is one of the nice guys who suffers even though he doesnt deserve it.............

Pointinel
sentry

Tron
Originally posted by armandovalles
I think Superman, Captain Marvel, Thor, Wonder Woman, and Hercules (classic, non-alcoholic) are some examples of perfect superheroes.

GL's yellow weakness has been gone for years.

Originally posted by Pointinel
sentry

Way too many flaws; not exactly sane, has to worry about the Void while keeping his powers, etc...

I would personally say Silver Surfer, but don't hold me to that.

Khellendros
Majestic is one. Has no easily exploitable weaknesses like Superman, has had millenia of battle experience, is a little haughty but it's never a hindrance in battle.

Black Bolt comes to mind. Karnak once looked at him and saw that he had no flaws. It kinda creeped him out, too, since he though EVERYTHING had a flaw/weakness.

I agree with people who say Thor, too.

Of course, at least two, and maybe all three of the people I just mentioned, are all at Herald level, so maybe that disqualifies them.

Red Superfly
If there is such thing as a perfect hero with no weaknesses, they've probably already been and gone. Nobody likes perfection.

Superman was perfect in many ways, but because he was the original superhero, he gets success.

The likes of Spiderman and Batman needed something "else" to make them appealing - flaws.

GalacticStorm
Sersi's a good hero. She has class 20 strength as an eternal which she can amplify both through psionic means and through cosmic means. She can fly at mach speeds, she has enhanced reflexes, she can draw on cosmic energy, she has telekinesis, she has limited telepathic abilities and she is a high level matter manipulator. Plus as an eternal she is virtually immortal and it would take the disintegration of a vast amount of her bodies molecules for her to die.

Mainstream
the perfect powerless hero is Batman by far

perfect flying Superhero proberly Superman or Martain Manhunter cuz they got alot of range of powers and abilities and experience.

perfect bug based hero Spiderman...he's considered the every day hero

perfect flying hero Hawk...he got a lot a experience and skill (leads or use to lead JSA

masterbruce
batman's mentality in thor's body would be the ultimate hero

BeefTallowBoy
The Best hero ever I would have to say is the weird because he did take down the entire Justice League singlehandedly , he's smart, has mad fighting skills, and could kick anybodies ass

Howard_Jones
No such thing as a perfect hero

bigbran
Surfer in my definition is the closest.

Dinalfos
I hate how you people always talk about powers, when trying to define a character's worth. It's all about the personality, the background and growth, people.

bigbran
Originally posted by Dinalfos
I hate how you people always talk about powers, when trying to define a character's worth. It's all about the personality, the background and growth, people. Surfer has personality in spades... shut up! stick out tongue

Dinalfos
Originally posted by bigbran
Surfer has personality in spades... shut up! stick out tongue

He does. He's one of my favorites.

bigbran
Originally posted by Dinalfos
He does. He's one of my favorites. Yes, but sometimes he is... ahh, I'm just thinking of the Stan Lee meets Surfer issue.

Yes, Surfer has personality.

manjaro
i really dont think we need to take such existential views of this....i dont think it was meant to be so literally about "perfect" but my guy would definatley be hyperion(retconned-to-eternal) his only weaknes is someone more powerful than he is...of which there are very few

NiņoAraņa
Darwin no expression seriously check out the Respect thread

Scoobless
Deadpool.

yes

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Scoobless
Deadpool.

yes he's not perfect in his noggin eek!

Scoobless
Yeah he is, Cable cured his insanity... he's just regular crazy now (not torturing old women anymore)

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Scoobless
he's just regular crazy now last time i checked...regular crazy is still crazyno expression

edit: nice sig

Alfheim
Originally posted by Newjak
If you want to know the truth it isn't the powers that make the perfect hero it's something else. I know what you meant which powers make a perfect one but no matter what if you use them for good that makes them the perfect power.
I would have to people who I consider the perfect heros:
The first is Batman. A man without superpowers yet he fights for the greater good simply because he doesn't want someone else to go through whay he had to. He is in danger of being killed everytime he goes out yet he still does.
Then I would also say the Thing. His power is to be a large piece of stone. Plus unlike other people Grim can not fit in the world he never will. He will always look different then him. Thor Iron Man Superman after their finished they could walk the streets and fit in. Even the Hulk turns back into Banner. Thing isn't even a mutant he belongs in no cicle he will always be anoutsider. That is normally the recipe for a villian yet he chooses to be a good guy.
Those are Perfect Heros they do it simply because it is the right thing even though they all the reasons not to.

You smacked it.

juggernaut66666
Ion.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Alfheim
You smacked it. sick

Galan007
Yeah Ion really is the perfect hero IMO, (he was chosen as the torch bearer for a reason).

Characters I would eliminate: Superman (weakness to kryptonite) FYI, not ALL versions of Superman have that weakness anymore. wink

boriquaking55
I would say the closest is Surfer - he has it all - power, nobility, smarts (when written right), morals, and most importantly he doesn't possess any particularly debilitating weaknesses. Even his appearance speaks to something that's pure and decent

Mindship
It seems most people are interpreting "perfect superhero" a bit literally, whereas I'm looking at it not just from a superhero POV but also from a character POV.

That being the case, I go with Spider-Man. He's got power: enough to do cool things but not so much that he's godlike and hard to relate to. He has a cool costume (the iron spider one has grown on me; I like the subtle ninja references). And he's interesting (and yes, flawed) as a person.

I would also go with Hulk. He's tremendously powerful but it's basically one-dimensional, simple, thus hardly all-powerful. He doesn't wear silly tights/spandex; what you see is what you get. He's a tragic figure (people like tragic figures). And he is enormously cathartic: who hasn't, at one time or another, gotten so angry and wished they could just wreck havoc on the injustices of the world?

For what it's worth: I don't see Surfer as a "perfect superhero" (as I'm using the term) because, basically, he is a very cerebral/philosophical character; as someone once wrote, SS is something of an acquired taste. He's "too noble," I think (too different?), to ever have the widespread appeal of a Batman, Spider-Man or Superman.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Wonder Woman,Maxima, Sersi, Adam Worlock, are all heroes who should not be messed with in many areas.

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by Mindship
It seems most people are interpreting "perfect superhero" a bit literally, whereas I'm looking at it not just from a superhero POV but also from a character POV.

That being the case, I go with Spider-Man. He's got power: enough to do cool things but not so much that he's godlike and hard to relate to. He has a cool costume (the iron spider one has grown on me; I like the subtle ninja references). And he's interesting (and yes, flawed) as a person.

I would also go with Hulk. He's tremendously powerful but it's basically one-dimensional, simple, thus hardly all-powerful. He doesn't wear silly tights/spandex; what you see is what you get. He's a tragic figure (people like tragic figures). And he is enormously cathartic: who hasn't, at one time or another, gotten so angry and wished they could just wreck havoc on the injustices of the world?

For what it's worth: I don't see Surfer as a "perfect superhero" (as I'm using the term) because, basically, he is a very cerebral/philosophical character; as someone once wrote, SS is something of an acquired taste. He's "too noble," I think (too different?), to ever have the widespread appeal of a Batman, Spider-Man or Superman.

Good to see good insight.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
sick confused

This is london slang....

ThePittman
Pitt pitt_shifty

Mindship
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Good to see good insight.
Thnx

Emperor Ashtar
Green Lanter and Thor

Martian_mind
Beta ray Bill

Darth Martin
Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Wonder Woman.

Superman: Boy Scout, Aweswome powers, inpiration.

Batman: Has no powers. Inspiration.

Spiderman: Something alot of people can relate to.

Wonder Woman: Perfect Female Superhero!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.