Good Thor Comics?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
So, I recently got my brother more into comics. Now he is interested in one character in particular. That is Thor. He wants to know some good comics involving everyone's favorite Asgardian and some good graphic novels as well. Any help would be appreciated. cool

armandovalles
The Thor: Gods and Men arc was good. So was the Thor: Lord of Asgard arc. Their both in TPB now so u should get those.

SnakeEyes
Thanks... BUMP

yahman
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Thanks... BUMP

Ask Whirly..... He'll have loads for u wink

He loves Thor . smile

Maestro
Blood and Thunder is a good series, it's the one where Thor goes into warrior madness, though it crosses into silver surfer comics and some infinity watch comics.

Nataku8188
Ragnarok. Last few issues of thor.

JudgeMENTAL
smile

long pig
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Ragnarok. Last few issues of thor.
Yep.

Honestly, Thor 200-500 sucked. I'm being honest.

long pig
Originally posted by JudgeMENTAL
smile
Whirly? Yah?

bigbran
Originally posted by long pig
Yep.

Honestly, Thor 200-500 sucked. I'm being honest. Do you also mean the ones like 388, and 412? I thought those ones were pretty sweet.

long pig
Originally posted by bigbran
Do you also mean the ones like 388, and 412? I thought those ones were pretty sweet.
Remind me of what happened.

I could hardly read any of the first 500 Thor comics they sucked so bad. They sucked almost as bad as Hulk's first couple hundred.

bigbran
Remind me of what happened.

I could hardly read any of the first 500 Thor comics they sucked so bad. They sucked almost as bad as Hulk's first couple hundred. Thor 388, he meets Exitar, and cracks his head open.
He fights Juggs in Thor 412.

Howard_Jones
I'd say the Spiral and Reigning arcs are good. The Thunderstrike run is great. Ragnarok, Blood and Thunder, and the last 100 issues of Vol 1 are great.

Rewmac
Good Thor comics hm.... Thor v1 01 - 500 & Thor v2 01 - 85

DDurand
The ones when he is a frog. SO funny !

Oh ! end... i don't remember in what issue is. sooowwy...

roughrider
Yep.

Honestly, Thor 200-500 sucked. I'm being honest.

What the f**k? WHAT?

Walt Simonson's run was in there - from #337 to 382. He is still the defintive Thor writer and artist. It's just that he was followed by Tom Defalco and Ron Frenz - I didn't like their work.

Check out the Marvel Masterworks of the Walt Simonson run.
Other than the trades from Dan Jurgens late 90's run, see if you can find a mid-80's graphic novel called The Raven Banner, by Alan Zelenetz & Charles Vess. It's set in Asgard, and it's beautiful.

leonidas
Originally posted by roughrider
What the f**k? WHAT?

Walt Simonson's run was in there - from #337 to 382. He is still the defintive Thor writer and artist. It's just that he was followed by Tom Defalco and Ron Frenz - I didn't like their work.

Check out the Marvel Masterworks of the Walt Simonson run.
Other than the trades from Dan Jurgens late 90's run, see if you can find a mid-80's graphic novel called The Raven Banner, by Alan Zelenetz & Charles Vess. It's set in Asgard, and it's beautiful.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

lp, you kidding?? simonson's run with the introduction of bill all the way to odin, thor and loki v surtur were some of the best (and most popular) comics marvel has ever put out!! there WAS a lot of junk, admittedly, but that run was thoroughly AWESOME!! the cover of 351 was one of my all-time faves and the cliff-hanger (surtur finally defeats thor on bifrost and who stpes out on the last page to meet himt?? ODIN!!) was among my top 2 or 3 favourites. i was practically dying for a month . . .

bigbran
Originally posted by leonidas
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

lp, you kidding?? simonson's run with the introduction of bill all the way to odin, thor and loki v surtur were some of the best (and most popular) comics marvel has ever put out!! there WAS a lot of junk, admittedly, but that run was thoroughly AWESOME!! the cover of 351 was one of my all-time faves and the cliff-hanger (surtur finally defeats thor on bifrost and who stpes out on the last page to meet himt?? ODIN!!) was among my top 2 or 3 favourites. i was practically dying for a month . . .
Ya, that was a good issue.

bigbran
Also, Thor 356 had a really good cover, and read. Hercules was telling a story... shifty

Jimmy-Chan
Simonson and Oeming's runs are the only times I've really liked Thor comics cconsistently.

leonidas
Originally posted by bigbran
Also, Thor 356 had a really good cover, and read. Hercules was telling a story... shifty

that was a classic. i LOVE herc . . .

love

i really get sick and tired of telling people on the forum that he really DID NOT lift manhattan island and hit thor with it though . . . sad

bigbran
Originally posted by leonidas
that was a classic. i LOVE herc . . .

love

i really get sick and tired of telling people on the forum that he really DID NOT lift manhattan island and hit thor with it though . . . sad Ahh, Herc and his lies...

I thought he did at first... before I read the comic, and heard what actually went on.
He did however make it seem like Thor was incredibly weak/Herc being incredibly strong.

I also like when Odin, Thor, and Loki fight Surtur. 353.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.