Was Ducard really Ra's Al Ghul?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sevenman
I'm really dense.

chucktaylor
Dude, please search. there is a recent thread just like this.

Kieralinn
Uh yes......when you look at the two of them...it is pretty obvious.

Here is Liam Neeson

Kieralinn
And here is Ra's Al Ghul........he does NOT look at all like Wantanabbe

FLIPMODE
That's another I told you so. I recall some idiot in here going on about how Ken was RAS, and for all that is good, would not believe me when I told him it was Neeson.

Batman Begins is a cluttered mess.

If they were ever unsure about how to go about making a good Batman story, all they had to do was study the Animated series.

tpaquin
Originally posted by FLIPMODE

I don't see your justification for that when anyone with an fourth-garde education can see who Ra's really is.

sevenman
So you're saying...Ducard is really Ra's Al Ghul?

Myth

I disagree. Cluttered would be the old Batman movies where it shows Bruce lose his parents and then BAM! He's Batman. This movie step by step shows how Batman became Batman all the way down to where he got his equipment. You're really desperate to find things wrong with this movie aren't you?

sevenman
Originally posted by chucktaylor
Dude, please search. there is a recent thread just like this. More like: why don't YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU please search for a recent thread like this? NERD!!!

sevenman
So you are saying that Ra's Al Ghul is really Henri Ducard. Thanks for the straight foward answers, bitches.

sevenman
Googles "Henri Ducard"..........................................................................****. THERE WERE REALLY FOUR VILLAINS IN BATMAN BEGINS!?? Scarecrow, Ra's Al Ghul, Carmine Falcone, and Henri Ducard. BATMAN BEGINS sucks more and more I understand i t. It's like MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS. It would be fine if BATMAN BEGINS was the only movie but he didn't have enough time on the screen as BATMAN if it is going to be a triology. I am also mad that they are adding the Joker in the next film since he's already been done. What about DEADSHOT, BLACK MASK, CALCULATOR MAN?

chucktaylor
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f50/t350882.html

I love being a nerd. Its called page 2...

sevenman
Good *****. I am a busy MAN and do not have time to look through endless topics all day.

chucktaylor
Well, MAN, I guess that this whole thread was a waste eh?

TwoFace2
Yeah, Ducard is Ra's Al Ghul. He had someone else portray him (decoy) for some protection. There may be four villains in the movie, but there really is no HENRY DUCARD. Falcone wasn't really in Comics, just some made up character by the script write. Falcone isn't more of a villain, only a mob leader who doing his business until Batman came into town. Dr. Crane isn't more of a main villain, he's more of secondary villain and he will always be. Trust me on this one.

I've seen the movie and however this movie is the BEST BATMAN MOVIE EVER. I am expecting more sequels to come.

Joseph_Kerr
Falcone is in Frank Miller's Year One.

Carmine Falcone is a fictional character, a villainous Mafia don in Gotham City, who made his debut in the four part story Batman: Year One, written by Frank Miller and David Mazzuchelli, in 1987. Falcone later appeared in a major role in the Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale mini-series Batman: The Long Halloween.

FLIPMODE
Originally posted by TwoFace2
Yeah, Ducard is Ra's Al Ghul. He had someone else portray him (decoy) for some protection. There may be four villains in the movie, but there really is no HENRY DUCARD. Falcone wasn't really in Comics, just some made up character by the script write. Falcone isn't more of a villain, only a mob leader who doing his business until Batman came into town. Dr. Crane isn't more of a main villain, he's more of secondary villain and he will always be. Trust me on this one.

I've seen the movie and however this movie is the BEST BATMAN MOVIE EVER. I am expecting more sequels to come.

OH MY FRIKKIN GOD!!! Seriously....IN a BATMAN Forum, your gonna let this two bit Batman Flunky slide like this????? Yet pounce on me when I explain why the movie was sub-par. Ok You band of idiots.

For the record this is the DUMBEST lot of Batman fans I've ever seen.

1-Hey dumb ass, there REALLY IS a Henry Ducard. He exists in the books, and Nolan and Goyer took his charcater, and discarded of him just to make this weak ass movie. NOW in the BB movie world....there is no Henry, only because they WASTED an ENTIRE character just so he can be thrown away and be turned into Ras.

2-RAS AL GHUL....is ADMITEDLY being pronounced ...THE WRONG WAY, throughout the ENTIRE FILM! How's that for bloopers? The editor's wife of DC comics admited this while, Dan himself, was proabably too shy to A-go against his wife publicly, and B-show the world what an ass the movie is for not doing the homework needed to do things right. Ever watch the animated series? THAT is the example of how Ras AL Ghul is pronounced. This was a long argument on another board, and the truth has since come to light, that all they had to do was watch the damn animated series to know how to pronounce it correctly.

3- You Frikkin Idiot...THERE IS A BOSS FALCONE IN THE COMIC BOOKS!!!!!! Who the hell made you king of Batman facts? Bizarro?

4-Dr.Crane is a secondary villain...and always will be?? What the HELL does that mean?? They could have, and were SUPPOSED to have made an ENTIRE movie with just the Scarecrow. He is MORE than capable of holding his own story, and has in the books, AND animated series.

5-There are 4 count 4 villains in this dumb ass movie. Scarecrow, UBU, Ras, and Falcone. After the mess that Schumacher made, you would think that they learned their lesson with the number of villains in one movie.

Joseph_Kerr
In the comics, Bruce Wayne approached Ducard for training in his early days. Ducard is a knowledgeable detective with excellent man hunting skills and was able to impart much of his knowledge to the young, keen Bruce.

Tron
5-There are 4 count 4 villains in this dumb ass movie. Scarecrow, UBU, Ras, and Falcone. After the mess that Schumacher made, you would think that they learned their lesson with the number of villains in one movie.

Well, to give them credit, it's not not they just put one big clusterf*ck together, and just brought the villains together and have them say, "lets team up and kill Batman", how it was done pretty much made sense. After all, it's not like all the other bad guys will take a break just to let another villain shine. Oh, and it was 5 villains, if you didn't notice Mr. Zsasz in there.

FLIPMODE
Well Zsasz did actualy have a plot in this movie, he's just SEEN. And for the Record Ras and Scarecrow WERE working together.

Yes I know they did'nt ALL collaborate...but, the point is about screen time, and properly using the time alotted.

MY HONEST OPINION...I've been waiting for Ras to show up on the screen for a looooong time. I persaonally have seen animated series episodes that put this movie to shame regarding Ras. So I was truly dissapointed to see him make his debut, and it was so luke-warm and dumbed down, when Ras ALWAYS involves GRAND SCHEMES on a global level. They could always bring him back in a sequel, BUT, should have left him out of this origin movie, for the sake of te movie itself.

Negate Ras, and actually have Bruce's origin closer to the comic book, Negate Ras and focus more on Batman Vs Falcone and Scarecrow, Negate Ras, and have more time fleshing out Bruce and Batman.

In areas I felt the movie had a rushed feel.

FLIPMODE
Also with Ras in this movie, not only did it give him credit for some of things we associate with Batman, which is an atrocity...but it ALSO takes some credit away from Crane Designing the Fear Toxin. It's all screwed up.

sevenman
I agree with FLIPMODE. There should have been SOME kind of dialogue to exclude that. SCARECROW also takes away some character from LOCK UP working at Arkham Asylum. I never liked him anyway. Thinking about it though. The one villain who took away the most from all other villains was THE JOKER from the 1989 film. He was an artist (His own style), mobster (The Penguin and Two Face), he said to Bob "We've got a flying mouse to kill and I want to clean my claws" (CATWOMAN). C'mon now. Ducard is really Ra's Al Ghul is really Ubu. BATMAN BEGINS would have made $250, 000, 000 if he smacked him over the head and said "Infidel!"

TwoFace2
I know there is Henry Duncard in the series, but in the movie there really isn't. That's what I'm trying to explain.

I didn't know that Falcone was in the comics. He sounded familiar to me, but few buddies told me that he was a made up character in the movie. My apologize.

Scarecrow is one of my favorite villains in the series, because I don't get to see him a lot. I've seen Joker almost every day (as a kid) on TV. I'm sick of those main ones. I'm big on Scarecrow, Clayface, & Killer Croc.

Flipmode, your opinion says that I'm an idiot. I don't mind that, but I never said I'm the King of Batman facts. Jumping to conclusion is a bad move. Step on the wrong foot, we did. Put this in the past and move on, how about we? (sorry, im used to Yoda talking).

sevenman
The Joker stole alot of material from other characters in the first Batman film and was over-used since Batman Returns didn't do as well since it was not directed and composed to have the same sensations of the first Batman film. The Joker was the first villain but they really need to introduce new villains like Black Mask and Dead shot before The Joker becomes played out.

b-dan
Originally posted by sevenman
I'm really dense. dude of course he is batman says u use your cheep tricks to hide your reall identaty and i got the guide and it has parts of the script and its when he uses the microwave thing at before his line his name is Raz-algule

TheVileOne
Originally posted by sevenman
I'm really dense.

At what part in the movie didn't you not get that?

Please don't be stupid.

Tron
Originally posted by TheVileOne

Please don't be stupid.

It's not that stupid. It's a pretty easy thing to miss if you're not paying attention, I know I almost did at first.

sevenman
Originally posted by b-dan
dude of course he is batman says u use your cheep tricks to hide your reall identaty and i got the guide and it has parts of the script and its when he uses the microwave thing at before his line his name is Raz-algule Dude. I already know. Dumb****.

Originally posted by TheVileOne

Please don't be stupid. **** YOU, ******!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.