Elton John

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

.:Space Opera:.
alright here we go. any and all elton fans, here is the place to let it out

(oh boy i cant wait to see all the naive little children on KMC call me gay, it'll be so entertaining!)

LET THE HOMOSEXUAL NAME CALLING BEGIN!

but please, if there are any REAL elton fans out there, feel free to share the enthusiasm.

jaden101
HEEEEE'S GAY...HEEEE'S BENT....HIS ARSE IS UP FOR RENT...ITS SPACE OPERA...ITS SPACE OPERA

stick out tongue laughing

just kidding chief

i some of Eltons stuff...tiny dancer...daniel...Rocketman...those being for me...head and shoulders above most of his stuff

i think there is a thread discussing Elton John already though

REALLY? huh yeah i DID forget to search this time around. heh heh oh well i'll find it.

jaden101
it was actually more of a big argument about him so its probably best you dont look for it...

yeah i read most of it. jeez some people are so bias. ive been playing keys for ten years and i know a good pianist/songwriter when i see one and to me elton is a GOD plain and simple. thats all i wanted to say...

jaden101
i'd like to be able to play piano...aint got the 2 things needed...time...and fingers (not literally...just not got the long piano fingers)

you should check out the tunes Elton done with ryan adams live in concert...damn good stuff indeed

other pianist/ songwriters i like would be Ben Folds and Rufus Wainwright...both class acts in my opinion

yeah ben folds is really good, dont like to listen to him much cuz his music reminds me of memories i would much less like to revisit, wainwright is the guy who sang that one song in moulin rouge right?

jaden101
haven't seen moulin rouge so dont know...i suggest you check out his self titled album...first sond called foolish love...brilliant

Alpha Centauri
Elton John isn't a God.

I've been over this with someone who tried to pull things out of his arse and thin air to prove me wrong and got nothing but shown up.

-AC

amity75
Elton John = Elevator music.

hh?
i really dont listen to him so i cant judge.

but the Cunninlynguists song "Rain" has a sample of Elton John in the chorus. "Wise men say, looks like rain today" great stuff thumb up

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by amity75
Elton John = Elevator music.

I'm sure lots have people have gone down while it's playing.

SlipknoT
I cant stand his music

jaden101
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
I'm sure lots have people have gone down while it's playing.

aw man...thats just dire that one laughing

Red Superfly
Elton John makes me go take nap.

In fact, just mentioning him makes me wanna go take nap.

Rock Profile's ELton John is a legend though

"Oh a puppy! ............Thats it I'm bored stick it in the bin"

Alpha Centauri
Hahahaha oh yeah, because he's gay.

-AC

Red Superfly
Gay gay gay gay gay.

That scamp Elton and his rectal shenanigans.........

hh?
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Gay gay gay gay gay.

That scamp Elton and his rectal shenanigans.........

laughing

bakerboy
I dont care if he is gay or not. He is a very talented musician with many and many great songs.

Red Superfly
Our gay jokes were just OTT jibes.

I honestly don't care if he's gay or not either. He still makes me take a nap.

The only time I would never take a nap would be if he was in the room with me.

Ba-zing!

hh?
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Our gay jokes were just OTT jibes.

I honestly don't care if he's gay or not either. He still makes me take a nap.

The only time I would never take a nap would be if he was in the room with me.

Ba-zing!

laughing laughing

SlipknoT
Originally posted by bakerboy
He is a very talented musician with many and many great songs. hysterical

koolruningz
^ It's highly possible you just have different tastes in music.

Darthburgerking
Elton John is awesome and that's not being sarcastic (how would you even be sarcastic on the internet,) when he performed with Eminem, that was pretty damn cool it was actually the only time I liked one of eminem's songs.

SlipknoT
Originally posted by koolruningz
^ It's highly possible you just have different tastes in music. Gee, ya think? roll eyes (sarcastic)

koolruningz
I wouldn't have said it otherwise.

xLiNdS x 622x
i dont really like him but Tiny Dancer is awesome thumb up

StinkFist462
Rocket Man and Benny and The Jets are the only songs i like by Sir Liberace.

StinkFist462
*edit* double post.

bakerboy
Tiny dancer, rocket man, daniel, a candle in the wind, dont go breaking my heart, bennie and the jets, circle of life, your song, cocodrile rock, godbye yellow brick road, sorry seems to be the hardest world, saturday nights alright for fighting, blue eyes, im still standing, can you fell the love tonight, nikita , sacriface, etc. With those thongs, everything is clear.

SlipknoT
Originally posted by StinkFist462
Rocket Man and Benny and The Jets are the only songs i like by Sir Liberace. I like Stewies Version of Rocket Man erm

"Rocket Man and Benny and The Jets are the only songs i like by Sir Liberace."

heh heh, thats because they're both about getting high.

StinkFist462
^ wink

StinkFist462
Originally posted by SlipknoT
I like Stewies Version of Rocket Man erm

huh? never heard it.

Darthburgerking
*gasp* you should go look for that clip from Family Guy it's awesome, it's the good.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Elton John isn't a God.

I've been over this with someone who tried to pull things out of his arse and thin air to prove me wrong and got nothing but shown up.

-AC

Not shown up, simply tired of listening to you verbally masturabe your own ego. In fact, in every thread I've seen you participate in, you've been arguing that this Mike Patton guy and Tool are greater than the Beatles, Elton John and every other artist that hasn't palyed with Tool. You simply refuse to accept that your bullshit opinion is just that...Your bull shit opinion. You've read too many issues of guitar magazine. You're a one trick horse my friend. I admit, I'm the same. I think Elton is better than most others. The only difference is, that I'm man enough to admit that that's my opinion. You like to quote some no name bullshit artists that no one knows to prove your point.

bakerboy
Good one, cap. Centauri thinks that to know about unknowed people or not as knowed is a sign of musical knowlegde, what its pretty absurd. The comparation that he did of patton and tool or rush with the beatles was laughable.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Not shown up, simply tired of listening to you verbally masturabe your own ego. In fact, in every thread I've seen you participate in, you've been arguing that this Mike Patton guy and Tool are greater than the Beatles, Elton John and every other artist that hasn't palyed with Tool.

Well that's quite literally false, I don't claim that there is no one ever better than Tool or Mike Patton, so that's another thing you've pulled out of your ass. The fact that you have about as least amount of knowledge on the relevant man we were discussing pretty much invalidated anything you had to say anyway because you were making claims about him without even knowing A) Who he was and B) What you were talking about from your biased point of view.

Second, you did get shown up. Posted about 10 interviews after making a blind and factless claim, only for us to actually read them and find out that they were nothing you claimed they were. So yes, you came to me attempting to prove me wrong and tried proving me wrong by lying and assuming.

You simply refuse to accept that your bullshit opinion is just that...Your bull shit opinion. You've read too many issues of guitar magazine.

Sure it is Mr. "Most artists would cream their pants to have Elton's talent" wink. Most artists? You don't know "most" artists. Hence you being bitter that I can raise issues involving bands you've never hea...sorry, what did you say about bullshit opinion?

You're a one trick horse my friend. I admit, I'm the same. I think Elton is better than most others. The only difference is, that I'm man enough to admit that that's my opinion. You like to quote some no name bullshit artists that no one knows to prove your point.

Hahaha, how idiotic of you. You believe Elton is better than most others and he isn't nor can you prove why you think he is or provide evidence to SHOW he is. You tried, but those were lies weren't they? You tried to prove that Elton was some mega influence on Patton only to have your tactless replies rubbished into the ground by nothing more than common sense and knowledge. Just because you're "man" enough to admit that you're not good enough when it comes to discussing music, that doesn't mean that everyone else who can actually do it, is the same.

Name or no name, if it's a music discussion, musicians are involved. It's not my fault I know more artists that alot of people seem to.

The comparation that he did of patton and tool or rush with the beatles was laughable.

Dude, you know about 10 bands. You'd never even heard of the bands I mentioned and considering you were making a horrifying attempt at discussing bands over time, I think you should try knowing some first.

Despite the fact that you two are apparant cheerleaders, it wasn't me who backed down from you both because I lacked ability to back up my shit. It was vice versa. Act right next time because this is a music discussion board. If you don't know as much as me, tough shit, don't discuss with me.

If there's one thing I can't stand it's people who tell me I don't know when to admit I'm wrong yet you're standing there denying the fact that you tried and failed.

-AC

bakerboy
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Well that's quite literally false, I don't claim that there is no one ever better than Tool or Mike Patton, so that's another thing you've pulled out of your ass. The fact that you have about as least amount of knowledge on the relevant man we were discussing pretty much invalidated anything you had to say anyway because you were making claims about him without even knowing A) Who he was and B) What you were talking about from your biased point of view.

Second, you did get shown up. Posted about 10 interviews after making a blind and factless claim, only for us to actually read them and find out that they were nothing you claimed they were. So yes, you came to me attempting to prove me wrong and tried proving me wrong by lying and assuming.

Sure it is Mr. "Most artists would cream their pants to have Elton's talent" wink. Most artists? You don't know "most" artists. Hence you being bitter that I can raise issues involving bands you've never hea...sorry, what did you say about bullshit opinion?

Hahaha, how idiotic of you. You believe Elton is better than most others and he isn't nor can you prove why you think he is or provide evidence to SHOW he is. You tried, but those were lies weren't they? You tried to prove that Elton was some mega influence on Patton only to have your tactless replies rubbished into the ground by nothing more than common sense and knowledge. Just because you're "man" enough to admit that you're not good enough when it comes to discussing music, that doesn't mean that everyone else who can actually do it, is the same.

Name or no name, if it's a music discussion, musicians are involved. It's not my fault I know more artists that alot of people seem to.

Dude, you know about 10 bands. You'd never even heard of the bands I mentioned and considering you were making a horrifying attempt at discussing bands over time, I think you should try knowing some first.

Despite the fact that you two are apparant cheerleaders, it wasn't me who backed down from you both because I lacked ability to back up my shit. It was vice versa. Act right next time because this is a music discussion board. If you don't know as much as me, tough shit, don't discuss with me.

If there's one thing I can't stand it's people who tell me I don't know when to admit I'm wrong yet you're standing there denying the fact that you tried and failed.

-AC

You are being as stupid as always. How on hell do you know what bands i know and what not? That is pretty ridiculous. You dont know anything about me , dude. And i know many bands, much more than 10.

Cheerleaders? Man, i dont need any back up to beat your crappy arguments.

Once again, you are being arrogant, ignorant and childish. You didnt beat anything, you didnt proove anything, it was my personal opinion against yours. Keep it on your mind.

Alpha Centauri
Let's be perfectly honest here, I did as you fairly requested by providing evidence and example. Despite having done it before and you ignoring.

Your personal opinion doesn't override the fact that you were wrong and provided nothing to back yourself up, which is the purpose of debate.

You didn't even know Mr. Bungle until I mentioned them and even then you got the name wrong.

-AC

bakerboy
Dont insist in that, dude. You didnt proove anything. You only posted that you thought the beatles werent that great and that you thought that patton was better and some people like rush were better songwritters. And you asked me why they were that great, nothing more. At least , i posted concrete polls and lists by magazines and countries.

Alpha Centauri
Dont insist in that, dude. You didnt proove anything. You only posted that you thought the beatles werent that great and that you thought that patton was better and some people like rush were better songwritters.

That's a lie isn't it? Because we both quite clearly know that I proved why I believe what I do with substantial examples and evidence. All you had was irrelevant events and continued one liners.

And you asked me why they were that great, nothing more. At least , i posted concrete polls and lists by magazines and countries.

You didn't post "concrete polls" or polls in general. You posted "The Beatles are always at the top of lists...etc etc." Which matters not anyway.

Let's not do this, it doesn't get any more fun for you to keep getting made fun of does it?

-AC

bakerboy
Ok, for my part this discussion is dead. At least in this thread.

04wayne
Elton John is a music legend. His bloody feather hat and boas though, he needs to get rid of them. lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.