gl vs wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ALEMASTER
who will win

Solidus Snake
plz tell me ur joking
wolvie doesnt have a prayer

ALEMASTER
yeah i am but i magen if wolvy had golden claws and then he could penatrate his gl powers seen as though there weak against yellow

Creshosk
Goldfish Lad?
Geranium Lass?
General Lionmane?
Giraffe lady?

Who could GL possibly be to make this not a joke thread?

Creshosk
Originally posted by ALEMASTER
yeah i am but i magen if wolvy had golden claws and then he could penatrate his gl powers seen as though there weak against yellow The Green Lanterns are not weak to yellow anymore. Parralax was removed . . .

ALEMASTER
oh rite thanx for the info

ALEMASTER
thanks again

Creshosk
No problem.

Logan 87
Gl will beat LogAN SENSELESS.

jinzin
remember when deathstroke was about to beat Green lantern down after he broke his fingers?

guess why.

the green lantern ring runs on will power....

if logan gets up close..he has a GREAT chance at winning this fight...how effective can a green lantern ring be against someone who's got more will power than the wearer....

anwser: not very......

all logan has to do is get up close...the odds of that happening are tremendous....

8bitChris
Originally posted by Creshosk
The Green Lanterns are not weak to yellow anymore. Parralax was removed . . .

Parallax was put back into the power battery.

Green Lanterns are still weak to yellow. The main ones just know how to overcome it now. The rookies that will be in the new GL Corp series (they are going to have over 7000 members; eventually two to every sector.) will still have to learn to beat the yellow weakness.

8bitChris
So Wolverine will be able to thrash any new GLs because of his sweet yellow spandex.

Any of the well established GLs make this a joke thread.

Jesse7
Batman has taken a GL's ring from the GL without the GL even noticing at first, if wolverine could do it too, I think he could take the GL.

TheKahn
Originally posted by jinzin
remember when deathstroke was about to beat Green lantern down after he broke his fingers?

guess why.

if logan gets up close..he has a GREAT chance at winning this fight...how effective can a green lantern ring be against someone who's got more will power than the wearer....

all logan has to do is get up close...the odds of that happening are tremendous....

Where has Wolverine ever shown great will power? blink This is the same guy who occasionally slips into a psychotic, murderous rage, isn't it? A GL could stand still and there wouldn't be anything Wolverine could do to them. Look how hard it was for Green Arrow to get anything out of a ring and he has been around GLs for years. Wolverine would be the last person on the planet who could use it.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Jesse7
Batman has taken a GL's ring from the GL without the GL even noticing at first, if wolverine could do it too, I think he could take the GL.

It appears that you have been hunting down old Wolverine threads and bringing them back to the forefront by commenting at them (in one case your comment was 'I don't know who would win').

Anyways, your comment on this thread does need a response.
The only way Batman was able to pull that sleight of hand thing was because he got close enough to GL. Kyle knew Batman, and thus let him get close.
Why would Kyle (or any other GL for that matter) let some short Canadian runt with metal claws jutting from his fists get close to him?
Would never happen.

Wolverine doesn't even belong in the next 10 levels below a Green Lantern.

Validus
no expression

TheKahn
Originally posted by spetznaz
It appears that you have been hunting down old Wolverine threads and bringing them back to the forefront by commenting at them (in one case your comment was 'I don't know who would win').

Anyways, your comment on this thread does need a response.
The only way Batman was able to pull that sleight of hand thing was because he got close enough to GL. Kyle knew Batman, and thus let him get close.
Why would Kyle (or any other GL for that matter) let some short Canadian runt with metal claws jutting from his fists get close to him?
Would never happen.

Wolverine doesn't even belong in the next 10 levels below a Green Lantern.

thumb up

He's bumped nearly a dozen Wolverine thread at the same time. Its more annoying than anything.

Black Adam
Originally posted by TheKahn
thumb up

He's bumped nearly a dozen Wolverine thread at the same time. Its more annoying than anything.

I count at least 25.

Thats way to many bumps.

jinzin
Where has Wolverine ever shown great will power? blink This is the same guy who occasionally slips into a psychotic, murderous rage, isn't it? A GL could stand still and there wouldn't be anything Wolverine could do to them. Look how hard it was for Green Arrow to get anything out of a ring and he has been around GLs for years. Wolverine would be the last person on the planet who could use it.

how much wolverine do you read? What the f**k?

enough will power to be set on fire and resist screaming, ignore pain in order to save a small child.

enough will power to keep kissing rogue long enough for psychic feedback to KO her ass.

enough willpower to keep getting up and attacking hulk after his organs were smashed into jelly.

enough willpower to ignore being electrocuted by a lightning strike while being hit by warpath and remain standing.

seriously... and his entire life is a matter of having the willpower to conquer the animal inside of him... murderous rages? he gets angry sure.. but he's only slipped into a true berskerker rage on several occasions... all but 2 of them were done as a concious act.

and what's all this talk of wolverine using the ring? wtf? i'm talking about a contest of wills here.. the sad fact is, if a guy like deathstroke could focus enough will power to challenge GL toe to toe, wolverine is going to be a MAJOR pain in the ass to overcome in a contest of wills.

Marcus4600

guess why.

Logan does rival Slade in the uber-jobber department.

spetznaz
thumb up

Maybe he is channeling the spirit of Wolverine8888.

Ouiji boards should be banned!

TheKahn
how much wolverine do you read? What the f**k?

enough will power to be set on fire and resist screaming, ignore pain in order to save a small child.

enough will power to keep kissing rogue long enough for psychic feedback to KO her ass.

enough willpower to keep getting up and attacking hulk after his organs were smashed into jelly.

enough willpower to ignore being electrocuted by a lightning strike while being hit by warpath and remain standing.

seriously... and his entire life is a matter of having the willpower to conquer the animal inside of him... murderous rages? he gets angry sure.. but he's only slipped into a true berskerker rage on several occasions... all but 2 of them were done as a concious act.

and what's all this talk of wolverine using the ring? wtf? i'm talking about a contest of wills here.. the sad fact is, if a guy like deathstroke could focus enough will power to challenge GL toe to toe, wolverine is going to be a MAJOR pain in the ass to overcome in a contest of wills.

I'll give you that Wolverine is tough and stubborn but, imo, he doesn't have the same will power as a GL. Who is more similar to Hal "Mr. Will Power" Jordan, Slade or Wolverine? Wolverine has a hard time controlling himself while Slade and Hal are the epitome of self control. Where has he shown the focus and concentration needed?

Being tough is not the same as having a lot of will power. If he had GL-level will power he wouldn't slip into berserker rages or would have conquered them long ago (he's over a hundred years old for pete's sake). It appears to take a very specific type of person to use or even attempt to use a GL ring and there is no evidence that Wolverine is that type of person.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Marcus4600
Logan does rival Slade in the uber-jobber department.

yes flex

jinzin
I'll give you that Wolverine is tough and stubborn but, imo, he doesn't have the same will power as a GL. Who is more similar to Hal "Mr. Will Power" Jordan, Slade or Wolverine? Wolverine has a hard time controlling himself while Slade and Hal are the epitome of self control. Where has he shown the focus and concentration needed?

Being tough is not the same as having a lot of will power. If he had GL-level will power he wouldn't slip into berserker rages or would have conquered them long ago (he's over a hundred years old for pete's sake). It appears to take a very specific type of person to use or even attempt to use a GL ring and there is no evidence that Wolverine is that type of person.

you... you didn't read my post did you?

berskerer rages are not a common thing that wolvie slips into.. more often than not he has allowed himself to go into a berserker rage because he WILLED himself to do so... (hence concious effort).

Wolverine has displayed his amount of focus and willpower through much of his samurai, and martial arts training.. I thought that would have been obvious...

Wolverine has been commented several times as having some of the greatest will power on the entire x-squad... which at the time had some 30 members..

sorry but again.. in a contest of wills you have one guy who's already displayed some heavy self doubt concerning his will power and then you've got wolverine who when focused becomes more a force of nature in mind than a man... in a contest of wills I go with the guy who ignores his mortality.

Juntai
Wolverine is not beating a GL.
GL just puts him in a bubble. Game over.
Wolverine has NO way out of this very basic attack.

jinzin
Originally posted by Juntai
Wolverine is not beating a GL.
GL just puts him in a bubble. Game over.
Wolverine has NO way out of this very basic attack.
claw his way out?

lol

don't get me wrong I know how powerful Gl's are.. there's no misconception about that.. but there's a good chance of them getting in close and if that happens GL's in trouble...

not that I don't recongnize that a gl is completely more than capible of putting wolverine down...

Juntai
claw his way out?

lol

don't get me wrong I know how powerful Gl's are.. there's no misconception about that.. but there's a good chance of them getting in close and if that happens GL's in trouble...

not that I don't recongnize that a gl is completely more than capible of putting wolverine down... Well, Wolverine would require a lot of plot devices and off the wall chances to even remotely think of maybe collecting a win, while GL wins just by deciding to act at the beginning of the fight. Given that he has no defense against ANY GL attack. That should be your clue. Wolvie gets maybe 1 in a million billions or something, but probably even less than that..

jinzin
and yet slade... sorry I think the chances that GL would get drawn up close are a bit better than one in a million-bilion considering his past track record.

Juntai
and yet slade... sorry I think the chances that GL would get drawn up close are a bit better than one in a million-bilion considering his past track record. PIS, Kyle proved he could take down Slade instantly in his own series. Even as a rookie no less. He merely though of Slade being captured, and there he had it. A GL just has to think, and wins. That's all. Wolverine has no chance, give it up.

TheKahn
you... you didn't read my post did you?

berskerer rages are not a common thing that wolvie slips into.. more often than not he has allowed himself to go into a berserker rage because he WILLED himself to do so... (hence concious effort).

Wolverine has displayed his amount of focus and willpower through much of his samurai, and martial arts training.. I thought that would have been obvious...

Ah yes, I forgot about all of Wolverine's fabled samurai training the problem is that so did Wolverine. yes Just how often does he actually use that in combat? Anybody can undergo samurai training (as they were analogous to the medieval knights of Europe and thus more of a social class more than anything else). Having martial arts training doesn't automatically grant you staggering will power. The myth of the samurai is a western fallacy.

Wolverine has been commented several times as having some of the greatest will power on the entire x-squad... which at the time had some 30 members..

sorry but again.. in a contest of wills you have one guy who's already displayed some heavy self doubt concerning his will power and then you've got wolverine who when focused becomes more a force of nature in mind than a man... in a contest of wills I go with the guy who ignores his mortality.

All that proves is that none of the other members of the X-squads could use a GL ring either. no

There are about four humans in the DC universe that have been able to use the GL rings effectively. Wolverine doesn't compare to them in the will power department. He is a man who struggles just not to be an animal, I don't think he's up to using one of the most powerful weapons in the universe.

TheKahn
PIS, Kyle proved he could take down Slade instantly in his own series. Even as a rookie no less. He merely though of Slade being captured, and there he had it. A GL just has to think, and wins. That's all. Wolverine has no chance, give it up.

thumb up yes

thesilverspider
and yet slade... sorry I think the chances that GL would get drawn up close are a bit better than one in a million-bilion considering his past track record.
Green Lanterns do tend to get careless at times........ sad

jinzin
PIS, Kyle proved he could take down Slade instantly in his own series. Even as a rookie no less. He merely though of Slade being captured, and there he had it. A GL just has to think, and wins. That's all. Wolverine has no chance, give it up.

and yet his feats would prove that wolverine does indeed have a chance...

jinzin
Ah yes, I forgot about all of Wolverine's fabled samurai training the problem is that so did Wolverine. yes Just how often does he actually use that in combat? Anybody can undergo samurai training (as they were analogous to the medieval knights of Europe and thus more of a social class more than anything else). Having martial arts training doesn't automatically grant you staggering will power. The myth of the samurai is a western fallacy.
you asked for a display of his focus.. while training may not directly help gain willpower that's not what i was trying to prove... (please try to keep up)... training does however grant one discipline, control, self discipline, and that's all through focus.

Wolverine actually uses his training in combat more than you may think... look up "wolverine misconceptions" in the search box and see the thread that comes up (it will be crossed out as things got rather out of control in that thread).. consider those are only a few examples...

All that proves is that none of the other members of the X-squads could use a GL ring either. no

you're right.. it's obviously not a testiment to wolverine's will power considering their collective feats.. pffft.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

There are about four humans in the DC universe that have been able to use the GL rings effectively. Wolverine doesn't compare to them in the will power department. He is a man who struggles just not to be an animal, I don't think he's up to using one of the most powerful weapons in the universe.

again you're sole proof of this was an argument that made use of a general wolverine misconception.... and again his feats of will power prove otherwise... it takes more than general toughness to walk through an inferno like nothing happened.. that's willpower

and AGAIN you're making an argument of wolverine USING the ring when I'm not trying to argue that he would or could... just that his will power is a majr problem for a GL to overcome in a contest of wills...

TheKahn
and yet his feats would prove that wolverine does indeed have a chance...

All a GL has to do is set their ring to auto fire on anything that moves and Wolverine is done. As this is an actual fight there is little chance Wolverine will catch any GL off guard. All they have to do is hover 30 ft in the air and they are out of his range. If the GL stands still with his eyes closed and his sticking ring hand out humming "its a small world after all" Wolverine might last 5 seconds.

jinzin
which contradicts the rule of cis... sorry but again you're arguing against feats and the way things are where as your argument is a premise set up around how you want them to be...

TheKahn
you asked for a display of his focus.. while training may not directly help gain willpower that's not what i was trying to prove... (please try to keep up)... training does however grant one discipline, control, self discipline, and that's all through focus.

None of which Wolverine ever displays no Aparrently he didn't learn his lessions too well.

Wolverine actually uses his training in combat more than you may think... look up "wolverine misconceptions" in the search box and see the thread that comes up (it will be crossed out as things got rather out of control in that thread).. consider those are only a few examples...

Gee imagine that, Wolverine fans getting out of hand... roll eyes (sarcastic)

you're right.. it's obviously not a testiment to wolverine's will power considering their collective feats.. pffft.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yes I am and no it isn't. Not every superhero has a lot of will power. Most mutants are portrayed as normal humans who happen to be born with superpowers. So basically Wolverine has more will power than a randam group of people. That isn't very impressive.

again you're sole proof of this was an argument that made use of a general wolverine misconception.... and again his feats of will power prove otherwise... it takes more than general toughness to walk through an inferno like nothing happened.. that's willpower
and AGAIN you're making an argument of wolverine USING the ring when I'm not trying to argue that he would or could... just that his will power is a majr problem for a GL to overcome in a contest of wills...

What misconception? That I don't hold Wolverine in as high reguard as you do? Wolverine is tough but toughness isn't what allowed Slade to interfer with Kyle's ring. Wolverine has a hard enough time keeping himself under control in a fight much less attempt to interfer with a gl and their ring.

Horrificus
A common misconception, is that Wolverine is a male.

In fact, Logan is a mutated transvestite, with long, indestructible, unbreakable false fingernails.

I would love to watch Hal remove Logan's skeleton, and have a puppet show with the floppy flesh pouch that is left over, while it moans and gurgles, (since it would be trying to heal itself, even without bones)

spetznaz
Originally posted by Horrificus
A common misconception, is that Wolverine is a male.

In fact, Logan is a mutated transvestite, with long, indestructible, unbreakable false fingernails.

I would love to watch Hal remove Logan's skeleton, and have a puppet show with the floppy flesh pouch that is left over, while it moans and gurgles, (since it would be trying to heal itself, even without bones)

I like you!
LOL.

That's a nice image you painted there.
Gurgling floppy flesh pouches.
smile

Horrificus
Originally posted by spetznaz
I like you!
LOL.

That's a nice image you painted there.
Gurgling floppy flesh pouches.
smile

Hehe. I'm glad.
I just had this image of when Thanos had the Infinity Gauntlet, and they went through a dream sequence or something, and he turned Logan's bones into rubber, and his body just flopped on the ground.

I liked it.

Wolverine2006
Aight I'll even admit that this is not a fight Wolverine would win...unless he was close enough to tear him to shreds. And unless Wolverine could cut through the rings power.

Horrificus
But, these rings have proven to be sentient. And they also have proven to be on guard, and doing stuff, even when the person is preoccupied with something else, and not paying attention. Like, preprogramming the rings to keep on guard.
So, there would be no sneaking up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.