More than meets the eye: The Snape appreciation thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Coonskin 13
This thread is dedicated to appreciating Snape and proving he isn't evil.

Hermione202
Saratn will like this thread............

Saratn
You bet i will!!!

Coonskin 13
http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/9897/snape12qb.jpg
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/3466/snape29jk.jpg
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/6219/snape35up.jpg
Some snape pics!

Saratn
nice pictures of snape. i think i should use them to irritate hermione some.

Hermione202
Originally posted by Saratn
nice pictures of snape. i think i should use them to irritate hermione some.

Hey !

Saratn
you weren't exactly supposed to see that you know stick out tongue
I have found the right place at last!!!!!! Now I can finally say what i've wanted to say and this is the right thread to say it in...
SNAPE IS GOOD

Zatch
I would say snape is just a little more to himself then the other teachers at hogwarts.

Saratn
agreed.

Coonskin 13
Yeah. Also, he is probably the most complex character in HP and you never know what to expect from him. I think there is more to him killing Dumbledore.

Saratn
i agree. i came up with a really good theory.

Coonskin 13
Lets Hear

Saratn
okay...but mind you I would rather pm it to you instead of going off topic. i will post it in a minute...

Coonskin 13
I really don't give a shit if you go off topic just don't bash Snape.

Saratn
ok...so here it goes...Snape learns that Malfoy is going to have to kill Dumbledore, Snape travels back to Dumbledore and tells him about Voldemort and his plan. Dumbledore tells Snape to lie low at his house for a bit, when Narcissa and Bella come and visits him. Narcissa tells him about her son Draco, and Snape takes the Unbreakable Vow, so it wouldn't be too suspicous, so then he goes back to Dumbledore and tells him about the vow. He makes him promise that he has to do whatever he says, which was killing him. Snape tried to back out, but Dumbledore said that he agreed, and that he would have to see it through. Later when Harry and Dumbledore went to the cave, Dumbledore knew what the potion would do, so he drinks it on purpose, so he would be weak, and so he couldn't defend himself against the curse. Back at the castle he confronts Malfoy, and stalls so Snape would come down, and kill him himself. Which concludes that Dumbledore valued other peoples lives more than his own. He had saved two lives for the price of one.

Coonskin 13
THAT WAS IN NO WAY OFF TOPIC. I beleive something similar to this except that Dumbledore told Snape to make the Unbraekable Vow.

Saratn
oh...whoops i thought i was still in the Hermione Appreciation thread.

shaber
Snape is an ugly git. That is all the evidence we need.

Saratn
WRONG PLACE TO SAY THAT...US TWO HERE ARE PROUD SUPPORTERS OF PROFESSOR SEVERUS SNAPE

shaber
Well obviously eg Fleur Delacour can't be a double agent, but some of the others...

Saratn
NOT SNAPE THOUGH...HE IS LOYAL TO ALBUS PERCIVAL WULFRIC BRIAN DUMBLEDORE!!!

Coonskin 13
Yeah!

Coonskin 13
Saratn, I think we should go to all the Snape threadzs on the main Hp page and convert people to our side. We need more S.S. suporters on this page.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Creshosk
By doing this no one(in the Harry Potter world) would dare question his allegence to Lord Voldemort.

I also think it's interesting when in the departure Snape simply countered Harry's attempts, without really doing anything to really injure Harry.

Not anything permenant that would make him easy pickings.
No semi-permanent attacks. . .

Nothing really.

Coonskin 13
Yeah, and what Hagrid overheard Snape saying to Dumbledore? Having to kill your boss on his orders fits the description of overworked exactly.

Syren
I totally agree that Severus Snape, although obviously not innocent, is good. I think the ends will justify the means and Snape did exactly what DD said to do. I trusted DD implicitly, therefore I trust his lasting faith in Snape. I also believe that Snape knows the cost of letting his cover falter, even for a second. When the final crunch comes, Severus Snape will be one of Harry's strongest allies, if DD doesn't return and is in fact dead (we all know my theory on that one!), Snape will become Harry's left hand man. I know it appears ludicrous considering his treatment of Harry, but we know Snape doesn't like to get too attached to anyone, if he'd gotten attached to DD he wouldn't have been able to do the curse that appeared to kill DD.

Coonskin 13
Also DD never seemed too opposed to death. He doesn't seem like a person who would mind dying.

or somthing like that. He knew that if he didn't die two lives would be lost (Snape and Draco), and that he would only be in Harry's way (since he told him everything). DD probably also knew that Snape would be a good ally to Harry if he got close to Voldy. Therefore DD chose to die.

Creshosk
JK seems to have always been a big fan of the plot twist, what with Quirrel and all.

"Professor Quirrel."

Whatever, and not only him, but Profesor Slughorn taking up the potions position . . .

Coonskin 13
Yeah. And Harry has been wrong about Snape before...........................................

Syren
yes I definitely trust Snape... there's not enough reason not to, if you read between the lines. Rowling's work just isn't that clear cut, you really have to concentrate on what she's saying.

Saratn
Dumbledore would know where Snape's loyalties lie too. Dumbledore could see through Riddle, so I think Dumbledore could see through Snape as well.

Syren
yes Exactly, like I said, I'm Dumbledore's woman through and through happy

Creshosk
Dumbledore knew that his time was short, there was alot of foreshadowing to the fact he would not be around.

Coonskin 13
Yeah Snape is most likely good. Did you know that Dumbledore was 150 years old?!Spoiler] He had to know his time was coming to a end. He probably decided to die then and save Draco and Snapes' lives.

Saratn
150??? whoah, i thought he was older than that for some reason. he didn't seem like he was young when he was teaching transfiguration fifty years ago when it was mentioned in COS

Coonskin 13
Yeah that was on Mugglenet. I don't know what book it was refering to though.

Syren
Well, if he was 150 then when he was teaching he was still 100 years old... so still quite old big grin

Coonskin 13
Dumbledore probably new that Harry could't go to school for his seventh year or he wouldn't be able to find tkhe horcruxes (DD probably realized he was to old to keep hunting them) and decided to die. One more thing DUMBLEDORE WOULD NEVER PLEAD FOR HIS LIFE!!!

Raven Guardia
I am in Support for snape. Snape is not evil. He did what he had to do (unbreakable vow). Dumbledore is a very wise man he had to have some idea (if not knew the whole story) what was going on with Malfoy and Snape. Of course Snape is guilty and left Hogwarts with Draco, but as we seen in the past Snape seems to have remained loyal to Dumbledore and I dont think he will stop. Snape in my opinion is going to act as though he has returned to Voldemort but when the final fight comes Snape will side with harry and be VERY powerful. In the Half-blood princes (snape) potion book we seen the type of spells he made and how powerful they were. Snape is very clever and talented. People who think is evil shouldn't doubt him. I have a lot of faith in Snape, and believe he is going to become even more of an important character in the 7th book.

whatever1234
For all you Snape fans out there..... In book four JK makes a point of telling us that Dumbledore, McGonagle and Snape all see their reflections in the foe glass that Barty Crouch was using while he was pretending to be Moody. That really settled it for me that Snape is a "good guy"!

Unicor777
DUMBLEDORE HAD SOMEHOW BECAME ONE OF THE VOLDERMORT'S HURCRUX, THATS WHY HE ORDERED SNAPE TO KILL HIM.

Syren
Oh my goodness... shove that theory in your pipe and smoke it, it's ludicrous happy

Coonskin 13
NEW EVIDENCE SNAPE IS GOOD: Snape has saved Harry's life twice. Once in the third book when he took a unconcious Harry and Hermione back to Hogwarts and once in the first book when he saved Harry at quiditch.

Ps. great evidence about the foe glass.

Saratn
Coonskin...no offense but the no evidence isn't really enough to prove his innocence quite yet...even though i am for Snape's innocence, the supporters that believe that he is evil will say that Voldemort didn't want him to die yet or something. plus if he didn't Voldemort wouldn't be back...quite yet...
but the foe glass is clever. He showed up on the foe glass...since the owner was Barty Jr. who worked for the Dark Lord, Snape showed up as his enemy, which that will provide enough evidence for the supporters that think he is evil.

Coonskin 13
I guess your right. Its just like the H/Hr R/Hr shipping wars what you thought would happen depended entirely on the end. JK meant to point you towards R/Hr but some H/Hr shippers found proof of their ship to. In the end JK gave good evidence for R/Hr but she didn't say RON AND HERMIONE ARE GOING TO GET TOGETHER IN BOOK 6!!!!!!!! In the same sense I don't expect her to say SNAPE IS EVIL! Or, SNAPE IS GOOD, but I think she will try to point us in the right direction with subtle clues (i.e the foe glass) but leave enough incertentiews to keep us guesing.

ladygrim
A thread for snape and only snape that roks big grin

Syren
Severus Snape is innocent, Dumbledore should be trusted without question happy

Rave X
Do you guys know this?
http://www.phrozenflame.com/flashclip/119

Its so freaking hilarious!

Phoenix
thats so funny!

Syren
blink

hysterical2

That's great!!

Coonskin 13
SO.....................................................................................................HAL......................AR................I....................OUS

Syren
laughing out loud

He's soooo sexeh droolio

dmoney
thank you Saratn you where right on point you toke the words right out of my mouth...... another good evidence of this is Hagrid even said that he heard snape and the old man arguing in the forest about something (about if something goes wrong snape should kill D) i mean come on people i know JK's book don't give away the stuff easily but with the evidence of the previous books you can pretty much deduce that snape is good . those of you who read saw how mad snape got when harry called him a coward i mean if he wasn't good he isn't like snape to get mad but he did and it felt like he wanted to kill harry for saying that i mean damn i wouldn't blame him e just had to kill D and now everyone thinks his bad and stuff i mean you gusy can't be that naive even though he book isn't clear when it comes to mysterys like this its kind of pretty obvious i mean put on your thinking caps and turn into sherlock holmes and i guarantee you'll find the answers too

another thing i think that harry's personality or character is starting to get annoying cuz even though D told him that snape is good (d isn't wrong abotu people usually) he still continues to blame him for everythign that happens just because he doesn't like him maybe its just me or just cuz am reading it and see all the facts but i feel the older he gets the more annoy it is he really jumps to conclusions quickly

this might be a bit off topic but those of you that were talkign about snape saving harry all those times heres whati think i believe that snape liked lily and when harry's dad james got her his anger towards him went to an even worser state ( believe thats why he hates him so much) and he has been protecting harry due to his love for her..... just something for yall to think about theres a few more facts but i will let yall find that out for yourselfs and those of you who are still gonna be hardheaded and still won't believe it after all these facts then yall "need an IQ test" (quoting Jose Mourinho the Chelsea manager for those of you who watch football or rather Premier league soccer then feel free to laugh and for those of you who don't just ignore the comment)

Rave X
Am not anti Snape, but could someone plz explain why he is sexy? I mean...

The Phantom
Can I ask you guys a question? How come Snape in the movie looks nothing like the Snape in the books? HE HAS A BEARD FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! Oh, and i'm not anti Snape, Snape good.

dmoney
lol man don't read too much into it man they tried

The Phantom
... ... they movies are screwing up the characters...

dmoney
lol what the movie is doing is wating to much time ot come out with ONE movie i mean when their done with the whole series i'll be out of College

nastyyy
Oh my gooood! Snape is so sexyyyy Happy Dance its really funnydeeppink big grin

Neo_Version 7
Snape is the shit.

occultus
"Blocked again, and again, untill you learn to keep your mouth shut and your mind closed, Potter!"

advice to Harry on the art of occlumency hidden in a taunt.

MistressofSnape
well of course he had too. he coundn't harm harry after HE ISNT EVIL!!!

MistressofSnape
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
Snape is the shit.

well of course

older_than_13
Originally posted by Saratn
ok...so here it goes...Snape learns that Malfoy is going to have to kill Dumbledore, Snape travels back to Dumbledore and tells him about Voldemort and his plan. Dumbledore tells Snape to lie low at his house for a bit, when Narcissa and Bella come and visits him. Narcissa tells him about her son Draco, and Snape takes the Unbreakable Vow, so it wouldn't be too suspicous, so then he goes back to Dumbledore and tells him about the vow. He makes him promise that he has to do whatever he says, which was killing him. Snape tried to back out, but Dumbledore said that he agreed, and that he would have to see it through. Later when Harry and Dumbledore went to the cave, Dumbledore knew what the potion would do, so he drinks it on purpose, so he would be weak, and so he couldn't defend himself against the curse. Back at the castle he confronts Malfoy, and stalls so Snape would come down, and kill him himself. Which concludes that Dumbledore valued other peoples lives more than his own. He had saved two lives for the price of one,

I totally agree... I don't exactly love Snape but I know he is worth trusting! Even if Snape was good at hiding his thoughts... DUMBLEDORE WAS NOT STUPID... or so I believe...

Coonskin 13
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Yes, in case you noticed I have been gone, and yes, I'm back indefinately. If you want to hear of my crazy adventures during my absence PM me. *siggyed.

NE ways.... Snape is good. the end.

Unicor777
Originally posted by Ashea16Chic
I totally agree... I don't exactly love Snape but I know he is worth trusting! Even if Snape was good at hiding his thoughts... DUMBLEDORE WAS NOT STUPID... or so I believe...

I wanna see Snape suffers, I know that Hagrdi will revange DD. Go for IT Hagrid!

Ashea16Chic
yesYes... Hagrid will get revenge and so will the other people who loved and respected Dumbledore...

but the question is... can they handle Snape?

I wanna see him suffer too...

^^ Like i said... I don't love him... but he is shrewd and a bit powerful...

Coonskin 13
There is an anti thread. Go there to bash Snape. Not here.
Reported.

RoguePw25
Yeah guys, I know you hate Snape, but there is an Anti Thread for him. Please no character bashing in the appreciation threads. smile

lzyjosh
i think they chose the rong guy for snape in the movies...he's nose should have been long and greasy (didnt noe he go a beard tho o.0)

Snape rox
i love the dark arts baby

oh and nice movie laughing out loud

sammii
i really like snape he,s mint & hes,s deffinately on the good side , the evidence is clear .....snape all way... big grin

MistressofSnape
Originally posted by IcyMag3
i think they chose the rong guy for snape in the movies...he's nose should have been long and greasy (didnt noe he go a beard tho o.0)

Snape rox
i love the dark arts baby

oh and nice movie laughing out loud
Correction, his hair should be long and greasy. And he's supposed to have a mustache and a gotee. Movies always have a way screwing things up. Stupid directors...

ladygrim
Originally posted by Coonskin 13
This thread is dedicated to appreciating Snape and proving he isn't evil. proving he isnt evil no expression i tryin gocnvince peps that he is role on snapes bad side wink

goddess_susu
what I think is, if everything was really planned out by Dumbledore and Snape, then I'm sure Dumbledore would've thought about all it's consequences. Dumbledore would've known that the phoenix would never trust him again (not that they ever did in the first place).

If Snape really is innocent I'm sure Dumbledore would've left Harry and the others a clue.

I think Harry will inherits Dumbledore's Pensive, were he has left proof of snape's innocence, and what Snape did to begin with to get Dumbledore's trust

I_Am_Aberforth
Oh, Snape aint on Voldys side for sure!!! U kno y???
In the 4th book, Chapt. Partin Of the Ways, Snape shows Fudge his dark mark...
now wy would any death eater, planning on stayin alive, or sane(judgin fudge uses his pals the dementors) show the then Minster of Magic the dark mark???
showing it proves that hes on the good side!!!!

willRules
Originally posted by Syren
if DD doesn't return and is in fact dead (we all know my theory on that one!)

Have you read this site, it raises some interesting points big grin

www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com

d-fly_girl008
Snape is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!! I love this avatar...

siriuswriter
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n150/MimblebusMImbletonia/q70116087.jpg http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n150/MimblebusMImbletonia/q1618459.gif http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n150/MimblebusMImbletonia/z24202960.jpg

big grin

SeanTerry727
Read the F ucking new book youl learn if hes good or bad! HES GOOD Dumbeldore told snape to kill him HELL NO Dembeldore aint no Horcrux

Barker
Someone's mother boozed it up during pregnancy.. herbnone

The Phantom
Originally posted by Barker
Someone's mother boozed it up during pregnancy.. herbnone

d'wittymudblood
///Hi, im new in this thread!! well, i love snape's character so much.. since the first book, believe that isn't evil. haha, of course, dumbledore has always told that snape's trustworthy whatsoever.. and with dumbledore's statement.. i just know that snape is really that good ("good"..means "not evil", haha, an operational definition)///

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.