Down With the Boy Who Lived!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Saratn
Are you tired of the Hero always winning. I know I am!!! I am all against the Boy Who Lived. IF you are post here on ways to plot his death...the wizarding community etc.

Coonskin 13
I dont hate harry overall but i HATE book five harry

Saratn
book five was my favorite, i hated book six

Coonskin 13
I dont hate book five i hate harry in book five

Saratn
oh...that explains a lot. i didn't like him much with cho and when he was in the first task.

Draco69
One thing I don't like is that Harry ALWAYS wins. Sure he has a tragedy here and there...but seriously the guy gets what he wants alot.

He ALWAYS wins his Quidditch matches by a landslide.

He ALWAYS wins any competition he's involved in.

He ALWAYS gets comeuppance against any he doesn't like.

He's ALWAYS somehow right about certain things. Nasty teacher he isn't fond of? The said teacher becomes a major villain.

Harry's black and white view of the world sometimes makes the Hogwartsverse seem black and white as well as evil is evil and good is good and redemption is out of the question.

Saratn
I agree on all but one part...SNAPE ISN'T EVIL

Creshosk
Originally posted by Draco69
He's ALWAYS somehow right about certain things. Nasty teacher he isn't fond of? The said teacher becomes a major villain. Except for he got it wrong about Quirrel. . .

"Professor Quirrel."

Saratn
only one time...but he thought that snape was evil...but i don't...

ladygrim
I love reading harry potter but the only thing annoys me in it is hary no expression ...and yes every time i watch/ read good vs evil it drives me scatty cuz you will always no the out come WATS wrong with a little evil winning now and again hmm

Unicor777
Harry is not winning always, the boy who lived had to face a lot of sorrow and failure since book 4, 5 and 6

Saratn
yeah, but look at him though...he's one every single Qudditch match he'd played (besides getting hit in the head with a bat, and falling off his broom with the Dementors.) and that he won the Triwizard Tournament. He had survived too many times, and they weren't even close calls, and he is most likely going to kill the Dark Lord...

Unicor777
but someone needs to kill the Dark Lord for us. Otherwise the wizarding community will face age of darkness and all the lights will turn down. And even if that happens, there will always be someone, like in every book and in real life, who will stand against the darkness.

DarkC
Book five Harry was plain annoying. Temper, temper!

Saratn
book five had more to it though...but was annoying, and have you noticed that they usually never make the bad guy win?

shoe-freak
potter feels sad everytime something happens, could be that his old dumbledore bud dies, or, he spills "tea" on his coat. he wins ALL THE TIME, and yes, book 5 was annoying. and i am now too busy too read harry potter,

The Phantom
Originally posted by Unicor777
Harry is not winning always, the boy who lived had to face a lot of sorrow and failure since book 4, 5 and 6 Originally posted by Unicor777
but someone needs to kill the Dark Lord for us. Otherwise the wizarding community will face age of darkness and all the lights will turn down. And even if that happens, there will always be someone, like in every book and in real life, who will stand against the darkness. Anti Harry Potter thread. No supporting the antied. Also, yes, Harry wins to much, he gets enough stuff, actually, he gets everything except his family, but he still gets another family (the Weasleys). He is getting cocky in quidditch and needs to learn to grow up, though anger is really understoood for teenagers (I sometimes get into those fits.... i'm 15... but SOMETIMES! He gets into them too many times. I think Harry should die with Voldemort.

Syren
roll eyes (sarcastic) If I really mustn't 'support the antied' here, I can at least say something about your reasons for hating him; they are utterly ridiculous. The whole concept of Harry Potter in its entirety is 'good vs evil', and 'good to conquer'. That's the definition of perfect fantasy. If you don't like how predictable it is then don't read it.

Plus, I think you're ignoring the fact that although the good always wins in the long run, many sacrifices have been made in the duration. Losses and heartache have been endured, if you can't feel that warm glow inside when the good guys eventually win then you're seriously disturbed miffed

The Phantom
Originally posted by Syren
roll eyes (sarcastic) If I really mustn't 'support the antied' here, I can at least say something about your reasons for hating him; they are utterly ridiculous. The whole concept of Harry Potter in its entirety is 'good vs evil', and 'good to conquer'. That's the definition of perfect fantasy. If you don't like how predictable it is then don't read it.

Plus, I think you're ignoring the fact that although the good always wins in the long run, many sacrifices have been made in the duration. Losses and heartache have been endured, if you can't feel that warm glow inside when the good guys eventually win then you're seriously disturbed miffed Supportingi the antied! Also, its not the Harry Potter books it is just Harry himself.

Saratn
but really how much have they lost? Dumbledore James, Lily, and Sirius...not exactly like LOTR's, and Harry has won far too many times.

Syren
Ok, I get it... and I know I shouldn't support the antied, so please don't beat me ninja

Saratn, develop some empathy, it's what separates us from animals.

Saratn
i do feel sorry for harry that he lost those people, but that isn't the point for why this was opened. he has won everything. name three things he has lost. not family or friends, doesn't count.

DarkC
Originally posted by Saratn
i do feel sorry for harry that he lost those people, but that isn't the point for why this was opened. he has won everything. name three things he has lost. not family or friends, doesn't count.
And do you not think he would trade everything he had won for his parents?

Saratn
yeah, but still he can get a real big temper...like when he was whacked in the head, or when he fell off his Nimbus.

DarkC
He was in a temper when he fell off the Nimbus? What the f**k? I was under the impression that he was dazed and disappointed in himself. Not temper.

Saratn
well still he didn't control himself too good over it. plus that isn't what i asked. name three times harry had lost something.

Syren
So because he doesn't have ultimate self control (no one does), because he shows himself to be human (as does everyone) and because he doesn't quite reach your standards of a hero (ridiculous) he's suddenly unworthy or praise? You have still to provide us with decent reasons for your loathing other than bitter jealousy.

Unicor777
jelousy is a strong word. And I don't think that we need to explain our stands so deep. I like Harry, and I don't agree with Saratn, but I would be far more careful using words such as: ridiculus and jealouse cause that steps in to personal, and doing that is against the rules. You know this best Syren. Don't you?

Saratn
why would i be jealous of a fictional character? my point is that he always wins, which makes others feel bad like in the real world. i mean he has a lot of money, and he is famous, (even though he doesn't want to) and he wins everything.

The Phantom
So because he doesn't have ultimate self control (no one does), because he shows himself to be human (as does everyone) and because he doesn't quite reach your standards of a hero (ridiculous) he's suddenly unworthy or praise? You have still to provide us with decent reasons for your loathing other than bitter jealousy. I don't like people who are all big and everything, who always wins. It makes them seem inhuman, even if they are wizard/witch or not.

Saratn
or human.

MistressofSnape
Harry is just annoying. I really didn't like him in book 5 & 6. And Saratn is right he DOES win everything and his temper really does grate the nerves. I happen to have the utmost self-control. All I have to do is go blank and think about the best way to torture the person i'm mad at. Harry also is very prejudiced.

Saratn
someone agrees with me!!!

Diamond~Kisses
Because Harry has lost so many relitives, he hides his feelings. This often gets him in a sticky pile of jelly. WILL HE EVER LEARN?!

The Phantom
Bumping this up. AND IF ANYONE SUPPORTS HARRY IN HERE YOU WILL BE REPORTED ASAP!

Seriously, I hate Harry. If I could, I would kill him... with a noose, a motorcycle, and a ham. I really hope he does die next book (though it will ruin my H/G thing, I don't care I want this kid dead!)

Unicor777
he will die in the next book... but he will somehow maigically come back to life... you will see. If not so directly there will be an edning hint ... So I like Harry

The Phantom
Originally posted by Unicor777
he will die in the next book... but he will somehow maigically come back to life... you will see. If not so directly there will be an edning hint ... So I like Harry Okay, once more. THIS IS AN ANTI THREAD! DON"T SUPPORT IN ANTITHREADS I SAID IT!Originally posted by The Phantom
Bumping this up. AND IF ANYONE SUPPORTS HARRY IN HERE YOU WILL BE REPORTED ASAP!

Seriously, I hate Harry. If I could, I would kill him... with a noose, a motorcycle, and a ham. I really hope he does die next book (though it will ruin my H/G thing, I don't care I want this kid dead!) NOW WE DO THE REPORTING!

RoguePw25
I cannot stress enough the fact that this is an ANTI thread.

1.) Don't support the anti, this thread is for people to rank and raid their frustration with Harry. If you don't think he wins a lot, fine, but don't defend Harry in this thread. Go to Harry's appreciation thread.

roll eyes (sarcastic) If I really mustn't 'support the antied' here, I can at least say something about your reasons for hating him; they are utterly ridiculous.

So because he doesn't have ultimate self control (no one does), because he shows himself to be human (as does everyone) and because he doesn't quite reach your standards of a hero (ridiculous) he's suddenly unworthy or praise? You have still to provide us with decent reasons for your loathing other than bitter jealousy.

Syren, stop right now. There is NO member bashing but that's precisely what happens when you stop talking about the topic and start talking about individual posters. Calling someone's opinions and reasons ridiculous, is wrong. There is a difference from saying:

a. That's utterly ridiculous
to
b. I don't agree with your reasons because......

But even so, this thread isn't even for that. If you are defending Harry, this thread is not for you and please do not post.

ANYWAYS, back to topic. I for one, agree with you all in this thread. Harry always winning this is unrealistic. I think JK should take the Charlie Brown approach. Charlie Brown never won anything, but he always tried! When he did win something, which was really rare, I could appreciation it more becuase I saw the struggle....with Harry, it's too cliche.

shaber
Remember how the baseball team actually won without him playing? laughing out loud

The Phantom
Originally posted by shaber
Remember how the baseball team actually won without him playing? laughing out loud ... What?

ladygrim
Originally posted by lordzeb
Are you tired of the Hero always winning. I know I am!!! I am all against the Boy Who Lived. IF you are post here on ways to plot his death...the wizarding community etc.

I am well sick of the hero all ways winning but HEy cant do nothing about it i dont expect them to change in harry potter either so i have braced my self for harry p to win sad

The Phantom
*Bump* Hehehehe. I love this thread. Stupid Harry. Die already! big grin

Diamonds
How f---ing stubborn does Harry want to be?!?! Sorry for the language embarrasment

l.saratn
Lol. I'm debating if I want him to die at the end of my new fanfic and leave Ginny heartbroken or not.

The Phantom
Originally posted by l.saratn
Lol. I'm debating if I want him to die at the end of my new fanfic and leave Ginny heartbroken or not. Yea.... good point. No want Ginny to be hurt..... hm...

Diamonds
Originally posted by l.saratn
Lol. I'm debating if I want him to die at the end of my new fanfic and leave Ginny heartbroken or not. Originally posted by The Phantom
Yea.... good point. No want Ginny to be hurt..... hm... I think it would be a good ending ermm

The Phantom
*bump* shifty Muahahahaha.

d-fly_girl008
I wonder if there's a way to kill him off and not hurt Ginny.

Midnight109
Doubt that...unless you erase her memory or something- but that'd still be bad!

ladygrim
Originally posted by Saratn
Are you tired of the Hero always winning. I know I am!!! I am all against the Boy Who Lived. IF you are post here on ways to plot his death...the wizarding community etc. Hell yes i find it a great let down when the good guys always win it always makes movies/books somewhat predictable sad but with harry potter she has already killed nearly all the main characters so this is why i have my money on Harry being bumped off in the 7th ...

midnightshadow
i bloody well hope so!!!
it was his fault that sirius died *goes off on a rant, arm motions and everything*
stubborn arse! if he'd been a little less nosy, studied alittle more and actually thought out a proper plan instead of going off half cocked trying to 'rescue' him he would still be with us today! ****!!
i dont really like hermione much either, but what she said about harry in ootp was spot on stupid git should suffer mwahahahahahah laughing

any torture suggestions?

eezy45
Originally posted by Draco69
One thing I don't like is that Harry ALWAYS wins. Sure he has a tragedy here and there...but seriously the guy gets what he wants alot.

He ALWAYS wins his Quidditch matches by a landslide.

He ALWAYS wins any competition he's involved in.

He ALWAYS gets comeuppance against any he doesn't like.

He's ALWAYS somehow right about certain things. Nasty teacher he isn't fond of? The said teacher becomes a major villain.

Harry's black and white view of the world sometimes makes the Hogwartsverse seem black and white as well as evil is evil and good is good and redemption is out of the question.

well... you indeed are talking about a book for children or, however you'd call it, juveniles... and of course that kind of needs the obvious separation between good and evil.. and the ease to find the "right side". also this explains why harry wins everything - he is the children's hero and supposed to be the person to indentify with...
yet, i think in the later books the character somewhat failed at some points.. maybe it should be that way, maybe not.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.