Revan vs. DE Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthGenises
Before you say anything his Force Storm is like the one from KOTOR. I think Sidious will take but just barely.

Darth Windu
Well, without his overpowered Storm, Sidious goes down.

Darth_Janus
DE Sidious in lightsaber combat would probably die, but if it was a Force battle this could be awhile.

DarthGenises
Hey Janus could you make me a sig? Oh, and it would probably more of a force fight than anything.

Darth_Janus
What do you want on it?

DarthGenises
Something to go with my avatar with it saying something like Evil Evolved.

Darth_Janus
So Darth Maul? i actually have a healthy collection of maul pics, because they are so easy to find... Give me a few minutes...

DarthGenises
Ok thanks.

Darth_Janus
Here ya go...

DarthMaul9123
This one is hard because sidouse is good and revan is the new lord after sidiouse right??...im kinda a noob so dont mind me too much but then again everybody is a noob at one point

Illustrious
Originally posted by DarthMaul9123
This one is hard because sidouse is good and revan is the new lord after sidiouse right??...im kinda a noob so dont mind me too much but then again everybody is a noob at one point

Revan after Sidious? LMFAO.

Revan was about 4000 years prior to DE Sidious :P.

DarthMaul9123
are you guys some nerds who stay on the computer all day because i go away places and this is my 2nd time all day

DarthMaul9123
and yall r still on

Darth_Janus
are you guys some nerds who stay on the computer all day because i go away places and this is my 2nd time all day

Last time I checked, I wasn't a nerd. Nerd is a term coined around circa 1985 to describe people who look like this picture below. And I ain't lookin' like that yet. I'm probably cooler than your whole family, kid, so be a little less free with the insults.

Illustrious

2nd time... You've been making shitty threads all day. It takes me about 10 seconds to make a reply for your thread.

darthrevan89
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
So Darth Maul? i actually have a healthy collection of maul pics, because they are so easy to find... Give me a few minutes...

Why is it that Maul pics are so easy to find but for other EU characters pics are nearly impossible? I have a grand total of like 13 or so Revan pics yet at least 20 to 30 of Maul.

Darth_Janus
Maul was the original PT fanboy idol.

Fishy
Anyways to go back on topic, Revan wins.

Force duel might be nice, but that alone isn't enough to win a war, and force attacks can be blocked besides you need to be really superior to somebody to win with the force. I don't even think Sidious is that, so it would eventually come down to a lightsaber duel in which Revan would own Sidious.

DarthMaul9123
Last time I checked, I wasn't a nerd. Nerd is a term coined around circa 1985 to describe people who look like this picture below. And I ain't lookin' like that yet. I'm probably cooler than your whole family, kid, so be a little less free with the insults.

that answer my question you are

Darth_Janus
that answer my question you are

DarthGenises
Hey Janus I'm having trouble with my sig, it said something about a code.

Darth Windu
Ah. Go to "Upload Image", the blue link in your Edit Profile. Then, find the signature, and put it into the the space. When the screen changes and syas put in the code, copy the code with the on both sides, and paste it into your Edit Profile page, where it asks you to put your quote.

DarthGenises
Thanks.

Darth_Janus
Score, it worked. I like it when everyone has sigs. Easier to spot your posts when I skim.

DarthGenises
Sigs awesome thanks man.

Illustrious
Yeah, everyone with sigs would be just fine by me.

HimoKun
Score, it worked. I like it when everyone has sigs. Easier to spot your posts when I skim.

you'd hate a place I used to go to. I made sig for everyone so aeveryone had a scantily clad woman at the bottom of their posts. I could never find my posts.

Darth Windu
Lmao. That'd be heaven. . .

Darth Sparhawk
Sidious, easily. One Force storm and Revan is done.

thething
Revan would win. He's easily the strongest Sith ever.

Escape81
Considering how Revan trained under a Tulak Horde holocron, and to my knowledge excelled at it, I would say that Revan would be the victor in any lightsaber duel. However. A Force fight would be a while. Sidious is a master of 'surprise attacks', as he is infamously known for. But Revan would be a hard person to surprise, short of having a battleship aimed at his back. . . Anyways. Revan hasn't done anything exceptional that we are aware of in terms of Force powers, save for a quote made by Darth Traya which is dubious at best.

We lack specifics to judge him on Force powers. If we go by his abilities in-game, well, the Force fight will be rather easy. Revan is equipped with all of the Dark Side powers, including a Force Storm. Yet it cannot be denied that his Force Storm is rather pathetic when compared to the one Sidious summoned, so from in-game experiences, he is no match for Sidious in the Force.

If Revan is quick, he can strike Sidious down after a 3-5 minute duel. Sidious is a master of defense and offense in DE, and when should Revan take the offensive, he'll be able to counter his moves for a little while before being struck down.

In a contest of the Force, I'm very confident Sidious would beat him.

Darth Faunus
Well, although we cannot be sure, it can be deducted that Revan is more of a defensive duelist himself.Now, this is only a theory, but in my mind, a valid one.

Jedi usually use a saber form that best suits their uses, but also one that goes hand in hand with their personal nature. Anakin uses Shien, an aggressive form. It mirrors his inner self. Obi-Wan uses a defensive form, Soresu. He is a 'classic' Jedi, so he chooses the least violence-centric form he can find. Makashi is a form based on dueling, and is filled with elegant and classy manuevers. It is a style reminiscent of the old ways, when gallantry and elegance were respected above all. And so it was chosen by Count Dooku.

As you can see, Jedi choose their styles based on what suits them, their character, more than anything. Now, there were those thousands who used Niman; they weren't the 'greats' of their time by any means. But they used Niman because it suited their purposes, their needs.

So, judging by Revan's cold, calculating nature, the way we waits for his opponent to reveal himself, and then strikes with Hell's fury, I'd say he uses a blend of a few forms. The ones that first come to mind are Soresu and Makashi. A solid defense to ward away any attacks, and a dangerously precise counter-attack for when he finds those openings. Seems reasonable enough. But it's just a theory people.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.