"Nobody Likes the Sidesick" The Official Ron Appreciation Thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Appreciation for Ron...since alot of people seem to hate him. sad

Also: I have a theory that the main consensus for H/Hr shippers is that they simply detest Ron. I haven't seen a H/Hr shipper say ANYTHING that was purely commentary and not criticism.

#1Rupert_Lover
I love Ron! He's been my favorite character since I started reading the books, which was three years before the movie, for me. I think you did right in making an appreciation thread for the character. Yeah, and you're definitely right about it mostly being H/Hr shippers that protest him. Mostly because they know that Ron and Hermione like each other. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Coonskin 13

#1Rupert_Lover
Yeah, I read that interview. She apparently agrees that Harry/Hermione shippers dislike Ron. That interview seemed to create a lot of controversy. I wonder how Rowling feels about those people making petitions, and threatening her with boycotting?

oceanflame
awww!! ron is my favorite character! I love him soooo much ! if he dies in the 7 th book i will stop reading it and cry for ever! he is the best character ever!

#1Rupert_Lover
Originally posted by oceanflame
awww!! ron is my favorite character! I love him soooo much ! if he dies in the 7 th book i will stop reading it and cry for ever! he is the best character ever!

You are so right about that. yes

Phoenix
Ron is def one of my fave chars, and he's my fave out of the trio. He usually puts up with being the sidekick so well, I think he deserves his grumps with Harry! big grin

Creshosk
Weasley is our King,
Weasley is our King,
He didn't let the quaffle in,
Weasley is our King,
Weasley can save anything,
He never leaves a single ring,
That's why we Gryffindors all sing:
Weasley is our King!

Originally posted by #1Rupert_Lover
Yeah, I read that interview. She apparently agrees that Harry/Hermione shippers dislike Ron. That interview seemed to create a lot of controversy. I wonder how Rowling feels about those people making petitions, and threatening her with boycotting? I think the word delusional comes to mind.

Hermione202
I don't dislike Ron . I Like him . The way he can't keep up with things sometimes makes me laugh .

Saratn
Ron is ok...but I like Hermoine more than Ron.

Hermione202
Me too.......well , I named myself Hermione202 , so it should be obvious .

Saratn
nope...i would have never figured it out... angel

Hermione202
hhhhmmm.......... youwish

Saratn
i can't believe that i actually thought of leaving...i would have been so lonely...
anyway getting back on topic...Ron can be funny at times...but he is also very jealous of Harry.

Hermione202
Jeolousy gets the better of him at times , yes , but hes also really funny........he makes me laugh alot when i'm reading those books.......

Saratn
no...it's more like fred and george.

Hermione202
Ron as well.......hey , I should creat a Fred and George Appreaciation thread......

Saratn
why hasn't anyone thought of it before??? oh well...at least someone came up with the idea!!!

DarkC
The thread title would be more appropriate for a Anti Ron thread. messed

Susan-Storm
Poor Ronald Billius Weasly Being Hated By H/Hr Shippers

Ron is too immature and Hermione doesn't deserve him

Ron = immature

The Horror The Horror, oh it is to Unbearable to look at - Closes Eyes-

Emma Hermine
I like Ron. I like Hermine more but without Ron Harry Potter would be nothing...he is a part of the hole story!

Susan-Storm
True But ron is much better then harry..to me no expression Harry annoys me for some reason

#1Rupert_Lover
Originally posted by Emma Hermine
I like Ron. I like Hermine more but without Ron Harry Potter would be nothing...he is a part of the hole story!

You're right about that. Not to mention, Harry would be a little depressed without having his buddy around. After all, he's been friends with Ron longer than he has Hermione. Without Ron, he's nothing, as you pointed out. and not to mention there would be no Ron making silly remarks whenever hermione would tell them something important. I love the remarks he makes. they're so funny

Diamond~Kisses
Originally posted by oceanflame
awww!! ron is my favorite character! I love him soooo much ! if he dies in the 7 th book i will stop reading it and cry for ever! he is the best character ever! If it's the 7th book, you wouldn't really have much else to read...blink...ah, you mean you would stop reading the book...I couldn't I would cry but I would have to read onOriginally posted by Susan-Storm
Poor Ronald Billius Weasly Being Hated By H/Hr Shippers

Ron is too immature and Hermione doesn't deserve him

Ron = immature

The Horror The Horror, oh it is to Unbearable to look at - Closes Eyes- *gasp* nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Agree with you! YepYepYep!

Ashea16Chic
Originally posted by Emma Hermine

Yeah...Harry even said at one pt in book 4 that it wasn't that hard to face those rumors (Chamber) behind his back coz Ron was beside him... but it was different in book 4 coz Ron was angry at him...

Rupert is so hilarious! (but by now I think everybody knows that...)

Diamond~Kisses
Love it...

Diamond~Kisses
I love his emotional range...teaspoon...HA!!

Unicor777
I like Ron, he is my favourite character:

" Wealsy is our King, he doesn't miss a thing... Thats why Gryffindors all sing: Weasley is our King"!!!

lzyjosh
haha i like ron in the book, he's always there for harry
harry gets on my nerves sometimes, shouting at his friends in book 5 mad
but i like hermione more (actually i like emma watson most love )
ok sry for being off topic

#1Rupert_Lover
I like Ron the best because he's easy to relate to out of the three, unless you're the smartest person in your classes and the only child, or if you're an orphaned child who fights an evil dark lord. And I'm neither of those (And thank goodness I'm not the second one, and hopefully no one is.) But there is so much stuff about him that everyone could probably relate to. Having a big family, getting jealous, not the best at school, can be funny, and the list goes on and on. and it really doesn't matter what gender you are, because I think that boys and girls could relate to him in some way. I think that's probably what makes him a great character

d-fly_girl008
i love ron!!! but then again i love everyone...

u<3mE 11
who can not love ron?!?! he is hot and who cares if he is the side kick?? i dont.

TheKingofKINGS!
Originally posted by u&lt;3mE 11
who can not love ron?!?! he is hot and who cares if he is the side kick?? i dont.

RRrr...another one.

d-fly_girl008
Another what??

TheKingofKINGS!
Another noob....

d-fly_girl008
What?? What is a noob??

TheKingofKINGS!
Originally posted by d-fly_girl008
What?? What is a noob??
A newbie. A new forumer that usually lacks intellegence, and has no regards for the rules. WE were all noobs once. (even me.)

d-fly_girl008
Ok, but why is she a noob because she said Ron was hott?

TheKingofKINGS!
Because this is not the forum for that kind of discussion.

d-fly_girl008
Ok...

The Phantom
Originally posted by TheKingofKINGS!
A newbie. A new forumer that usually lacks intellegence, and has no regards for the rules. WE were all noobs once. (even me.) Twice *cough cough*

TheKingofKINGS!
Three times a lady?

d-fly_girl008
I think you guys are a little off topic.

Yes, the books would not be the same without Ron.

Diamonds
Originally posted by d-fly_girl008
I think you guys are a little off topic.

Yes, the books would not be the same without Ron. You think? A little? We all know they are very off topic. Funny, though.

#1Rupert_Lover
I can't believe there's an Anti-Ron thread. That angers me to see that there are actually people that dislike Ron. mad Oh well, I guess that's what happens when you put up a section called Appreciation and Anti Threads in the middle of the Harry Potter section. Good thing we have this thread, that's all I have to say. smile

DarkC
His whining and walking out on Hermione and Harry wasn't exactly impressive, but at least he came back, saved Harry's life, finished the Locket off.

Arianna
I love ron!

Surio
Who could possibly dislike Ron!? He's so funny! :O

Those little sarcastic comments make me laugh. Alot. smile

~LunaLoveG~
Originally posted by Surio
Who could possibly dislike Ron!? He's so funny! :O

Those little sarcastic comments make me laugh. Alot. smile

there are people who dislike ron? is that humanly possible confused

Surio
Originally posted by ~LunaLoveG~
there are people who dislike ron? is that humanly possible confused

Apparently so, there is an Anti-Ron thread.

~LunaLoveG~
Originally posted by Surio
Apparently so, there is an Anti-Ron thread.

sad thats terrible * plays the schindlers list theme *

Surio
Originally posted by ~LunaLoveG~
sad thats terrible * plays the schindlers list theme *
Indeed. What are you playing it on? :00

~LunaLoveG~
Violin nopity it is the saddest for such an ocassion. how dare they think ron is ginger and useless crybaby he is a red head but useless...I think not!

Sam Z
I like Ron. But he acts like a dick sometimes...

christnabarrett
Since the title is sidesick, I am a Luna. I like Ron, but I wonder if like in PotC he supposedly looses his freckles and gets blonde/brown hair.

christnabarrett
Originally posted by #1Rupert_Lover
I like Ron the best because he's easy to relate to out of the three, unless you're the smartest person in your classes and the only child, or if you're an orphaned child who fights an evil dark lord. And I'm neither of those (And thank goodness I'm not the second one, and hopefully no one is.) But there is so much stuff about him that everyone could probably relate to. Having a big family, getting jealous, not the best at school, can be funny, and the list goes on and on. and it really doesn't matter what gender you are, because I think that boys and girls could relate to him in some way. I think that's probably what makes him a great character

You're right! Ron just doesn't have those problems. That's a way of maybe sorting who wants to be Harry or Ron. Of course I relate to him just completely. Since I'm a girl, I'm picky when choosing, and in this case as usual my favorite character is still a girl, Luna Lovegood. In PotC, my favorite character is Liam, which is Young Will Turner, the son of Elizabeth and Will. Maybe in Disney's Robin Hood cartoon I want to be Robin Hood definitely.... but I'd really rather be a kid. He basically reminds me of me now.

#1Rupert_Lover
Originally posted by christnabarrett
Since the title is sidesick, I am a Luna. I like Ron, but I wonder if like in PotC he supposedly looses his freckles and gets blonde/brown hair.

That would be a little strange... Wow, where is everyone? I go away for a little more than a year, and then I come back to find that everyone disappeared. It's amazing what time can do to a place.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.