Omen Remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
sick

OMEN REMAKE CASTING INFO

Source: AICN

08.11.2005 -
The last day or so has brought some major news on the casting of the Omen remake, Omen 666 which will be released on 06 / 06 / 06.

Liev Schreiber will take on the role made famous by Gregory Peck with Julia Stiles taking over the role played by Lee Remick. A few good choices I think. Both are strong actors and I can see them in those roles.

Tonight brought news of the casting of Damian. Although it has not be completely confirmed it is being reported widely on the web that Josh Hutcherson from Kicking and Screaming and The Polar Express will take over the reigns as the son of Satan.

Check the pic of Damien here : www.creature-corner.com

Cinemaddiction
Nooooooo! Liev Schreiber good..remake bad.

Mandorallen
I swear to god.....

if I see one more remake, I'm gonna go all-out rambo on hollywood.

tpaquin
http://creature-corner.com/nextraimages/joshomenpic.jpg

Look at the evil in his eyes.

MildPossession
Yeah I mentioned the remake some time ago, pointless POINTLESS idea. I see a big crappy movie coming up.

And that is not a creepy kid, my next door neighbour looks more evil...

hh?
no i dont get it...do they run out of ideas and decide to remake movies?

Mandorallen
yup

I've got a great one brewin up in the ol' noodle.

KMC will be the first to hear it.

papabeard
www.creature-corner.com/?type=news&id=1331

Ha Ha!

cropsy_is_god
I bet nightmare on elm street is next to be remade. I watched the omen last night and it can't possibly be any better with out becoming a slasher film which it is not meant to be.

Tired Hiker
The trailer for this creeps me out.

MildPossession
seriously? the trailer is awful, not creepy at all.

Go watch the original...

thegreatrudini
from the clips ive seen it looks the same as the origal :s what is the point

Impediment
Originally posted by thegreatrudini
from the clips ive seen it looks the same as the origal :s what is the point

*ahem*$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

BackFire
The trailer looks so dumb.

Impediment
The trailer looks like a carbon copy of the original. Like Gus Van Sant's horrible Psycho remake.

partonsd
While Hollywood does go for the wallet, you need to understand that the younger generation probably have not actualy ever watched a good scary movie. EVER. The one's who's first taste of a "scary" movie being Scream...ugh, anyway my point is remakes are good. For society. They bring the old and sometimes forgoten movies to the forefront. They make you want to watch the old ones to see where they came from. For example, I had never watched the Hills Have Eyes until I heard they were making a new one...so i watched it..and loved it. I believe honestly there is a place for remakes in the world of ours.

Mider
how can they run out of idea's i see a bunch of new movies they wanna make it seems they wanna make the stupid BS movies and other movies like remakes but never a new thing like phantasms end, or what about that movie alice the adaptation of the video game they could make that one and pray it doesnt suck i mean all horror movies are ok some really suck some are watchable the point is that there new, i think they make remakes just to see who will go watch them and try to make alot of cash there isnt anything about oh we dont know what to do DERR just wana be lazy

partonsd
Well, some may have lazieness to blame, but compare the remakes to the NEW ones they are coming out with....ie Sliver? Some of this new stuff is just fodder. I would much rater watch a remake of the classics. A genuinely new idea for a horror flick only come out every now and again. We all know that.

cropsy_is_god
I think B horror films are better than any new BS that gets hyped up to the sky and remakes are just shit.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Dusty
I swear to god.....

if I see one more remake, I'm gonna go all-out rambo on hollywood.

I know it never ends.First KinG Kong,NOW this crap.Im sick of it. mad I mean the first one was so good,why try and top it? mad also its not going to have the same kind of impact on moviegoers it had on moviegoers back then.back thenmoviegoers were not prepared for that kind of stuff,now moviegoers have been exposed to so much of that stuff its nothing new to them. roll eyes (sarcastic)

beta-wolf_101
Hollywood needs to pick up a book or two and make movies from that instead of other movies.

Kritish
Originally posted by Mr Parker
I know it never ends.First KinG Kong,NOW this crap.Im sick of it. mad I mean the first one was so good,why try and top it? mad also its not going to have the same kind of impact on moviegoers it had on moviegoers back then.back thenmoviegoers were not prepared for that kind of stuff,now moviegoers have been exposed to so much of that stuff its nothing new to them. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I liked King Kong... sad

Wolfie
First King Kong? blink

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Wolfie
First King Kong? blink

Oh I should clarify that because yeah I forgot that the first one was made in 36.actually I mean the second one made in 76.I mean geez they already made a remake in 76,time to stop. mad I bet 30 years from now they will probably go and make ANOTHER one. roll eyes (sarcastic)

also this movie is not having the same impact on moviegoers that the omen in 76 did.Back in 79,the original omen had the same kind of impact on movie goers that Jaws did.Where Jaws made vationers want to stay out of the water for the next several years when going into the ocean,The Omen back then made moviegoers afraid to turn the lights off when going to sleep.Its not having that same affect this time on people.Now they are used to those kind of movies where back then,that was something totally new for them to experience.

NiņoArņia
i saw it!!!! sick sick sick if u havnt seen it, unless u want a few cheap screams, pls dont

LizzyT123
I haven't seen this movie yet, but I was definetly thinking it was gonna/going to suck. But, I heard from some other people it really does stay true to the original movie except that Damien's parents are a bit younger. Who knows? I'll see it, even if its crap or not, just to see it.

allofyousuckkk
i heard it was good, im going in twenty minutes......i can't remember the original well, can someone clarify some stuff?
Does a nanny hang herself
Does the mom die
Doesn't someone get pushed out a window into a childrens park

TThats all

partonsd
no Crap. This movie was pure D crap. I take back all the stuff I said earlier about remakes. This is not fit for the dung heap. Just saw it...hated it. Almost fell asleep. But I did get to see the trailer for TCM the beginning...lol.

allofyousuckkk
i didnt see a trailer b/c i was late What the f**k?

I'll check the trailer out later....anyway. The movie. It was okay, but it had scenes where i was staring at the screen saying wtf, why isn't this over. It had a couple of good jumps, which I liked. Every time the chicks infront of us screamed, i dropped th popcorn and screamed as well. Other than that....ehh......dont rush to see it. go see xmen instead. Now that movie was totally amazing.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
i heard it was good, im going in twenty minutes......i can't remember the original well, can someone clarify some stuff?
Does a nanny hang herself
Does the mom die
Doesn't someone get pushed out a window into a childrens park

TThats all

yep all that stuff happened and thats my point,they are just going to repeat all that stuff that happened before so why bother? geez. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
Originally posted by partonsd
no Crap. This movie was pure D crap. I take back all the stuff I said earlier about remakes. This is not fit for the dung heap. Just saw it...hated it. Almost fell asleep. But I did get to see the trailer for TCM the beginning...lol.

I believe it.hey love your sig. laughing laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing

botankus
I'd like to propose a somewhat original idea to the Hollywood horror for a change. I'd like to make a horror reality movie featuring people who like today's remakes. In the movie, the cast will be butchered by some guy running around in a mask. I am only looking for people who enjoy remakes, or if you actually think the actresses in these films have an IQ over 5. Don't worry about getting paid for the film, b/c you will be dead.

ladygrim

BlackSunshine
kinda want to see it out of sheer curiosity, then again, I know its going to suck.

K.Diddy
Seen it Last night, it wasn't too bad,but no where near as good as the old one

systemshock2
I haven't seen it yet, and I'll probably check it out on DVD. But is it just me or does the kid try to hard to come across as evil. I mean, at least based on the trailers and some still photos, he always has that "scary" glare of his. I joked to one of my buddies that it's as scary as an angry butterfly lol. Even at the premier he kept it on. Check it out lol.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e357/williamdefalco/untitled.jpg

spencerspider
lol I saw it, it wasn't that bad. In fact I kinda liked it

ladygrim
I saw a kid today in town that just looked like Damien and i turned to my sister and at the same time we goes 666 kinda like the dudes of little nicky laughing out loud

maham

Hey! comon it's a gud movie roll eyes (sarcastic)

ladygrim
the old one is^ not the new one

spencerspider
Originally posted by systemshock2
I haven't seen it yet, and I'll probably check it out on DVD. But is it just me or does the kid try to hard to come across as evil. I mean, at least based on the trailers and some still photos, he always has that "scary" glare of his. I joked to one of my buddies that it's as scary as an angry butterfly lol. Even at the premier he kept it on. Check it out lol.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e357/williamdefalco/untitled.jpg

they might have told him to look kinda evil. Anyway I don't care what ya'll say I liked the new one better than the old one. That kid IMO was better as Damien

Neo_Version 7
This movie made me laugh at inappropriate times. laughing out loud

LizzyT123
Is the suicide part from the beginning of both movies just as scary as the original? That.......that spooked me out from the original. I STILL HAVEN'T SEEN THE REMAKE!!!!!

I like the Damien from the first one more already. He was cute, but it a way, he just had this look that was evil. smile

The Unknown
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
This movie made me laugh at inappropriate times. laughing out loud

I was laughing at all their idiotic decisions throughout the movie. I haven't seen the original, but does it have all those Final Destination scenes in it?

allofyousuckkk
I thought the Damien in this movie was so adorable. When they are at the park and he dissapears, and then reappears and goes "did I scare you mommy" I wanted to hug and squeeze him, then I remembered he would bring about the end of the world. Ahh, evil comes in small adorable packages.

I don't remember much about the original, other then me being bored. Maybe it's because that was around 8 years ago. I'll rewatch it sooner or later.

ladygrim
^ the kid was bloddy adoreable ..big grin and the nanny was like a wicked version of mary poppins its funny

dementedde
I didn't like the first fifteen minutes of the remake, they seemed not to be doing a better job than the original until the death scenes started to kick in. In all fairness to the filmmakers, they haven't changed much of this from the original at all! This isn't at all creepy or gritty like the original was, but I will say it is more jumpy. They have alot of good scare tactics throughout that I guarantee will make you jump out of your seat at least once. A decent remake for a classic film.

BackFire
One of the worst movies I've ever seen. Truly bad in every way. Stay away.

spencerspider
Originally posted by dementedde
I didn't like the first fifteen minutes of the remake, they seemed not to be doing a better job than the original until the death scenes started to kick in. In all fairness to the filmmakers, they haven't changed much of this from the original at all! This isn't at all creepy or gritty like the original was, but I will say it is more jumpy. They have alot of good scare tactics throughout that I guarantee will make you jump out of your seat at least once. A decent remake for a classic film.

I agree, I really liked this movie. I mean the kid did good, it made you jump alot, I wasn't really scared scared, but I was kinda hoping you know kill the kid lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.