Threepio's comedy club

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
Was anyone else annoyed by C3PO's little stand-up sequence during the Jedi battle scene?

I realise that GL was using it to keep the film light-hearted during a violent part but COME ON, it was terrible!

I half expected to see him proped up against a mic stand and say to R2, "...you know, a funny thing happened to me on the way to this battle this evening....". Jeez. roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
yes, that was something not that great, I admit

Gundark
It was for the kiddies you know. I thought the 'flying R2' was a bit much though.

mechmoggy
Oh yes, at first I was chuffed to see R2 going up the steps early in the film. Then this "flying R2" crap happens and I'm thinking that if I had a jet pack, I wouldn't walk up bloody steps.

".....oh, I'm beside myself....". sad roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
too much to handel!

Gundark
But then again....so typical of 3PO. It was not unexpected.

mechmoggy
I don't mind the odd silly remark but it was like 3 or 4 in a row of really bad puns. C3PO could write headlines for a tabloid newspaper, he's pun-crazy that droid.

Gundark
And in the middle of THAT battle, the fact that his head or his body didn't get blown to bits....kind of like JarJar in TPM with the battle droid body stuck to his foot...trying to fling it off and accidently shooting other battle droids left and right. Convenient, of course.

mechmoggy
Maybe I'm looking at things wrong. When I was a kid I always guffawed at 3PO and R2 walking across that hallway of blazing lasers at the start of ANH but now that doesn't bother me at all.

3PO having a stab at stand up comedy is more palletable than Jar Jar's jammy foot-stuck-in-the-droid-gun thing I s'pose.

Gundark
I love 3PO so I don't really mind his puns and quips. We already know how 3PO is. JarJar was just plain annoying and he was too hard to understand. I think that is a lot of it. Perhaps its in the accent.

Raz
I actually enjoyed the bit where he said "Die, Jedi Die.......oh...what did I say?".

"Oh this is a drag" - was kinda cheesy.

Gundark
You always get a little cheese with SW. stick out tongue

He-Man
I hate cheese...tastes bad.

But I thought the 3PO/R2 was good. I wasn't annoyed a bit, like I was with Jar Jar in TPM.

Julie
The whole scene was ok....didn't detract from the enjoyment of the movie, but didn't add much to the experience either

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.