Yoda and Plo Koon v Mace Windu and Cin Drallig

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tommy vercetti
this is in the temple training room in Coruscant

Darth Windu
Mace and Cin. Cin takes out Plo while Yoda and Mace duke it out. Afetr Koon's death, Cin helps tag-team Yoda.

tommy vercetti
windu should we just forget our argument earlier and keep things normal

Darth Kronos
Windu and Cin Take this..it is stated that windu is as or slighty more powerful than Yoda in saber-combat

Darth Windu
What I've been trying to do. We're cool then.

Darth Kronos
Yeah we're cool cool

Darth Windu
Lol, I was talking to vercetti. But if we're cool too, awesome.

Darth Kronos
lmfao...i don't usually read the top posts..embarrasmentembarrasmentembarrasment

darthrevan89
word

MAKASHIMAN
Sorry guy but the bug and the "crazy muppet'' I mean comon look at the movies Mace is a class 1 saber deulist but his force powers suck and Cin well like i said watch the movie....

tommy vercetti
is cin drallig in the movie

MAKASHIMAN
Yeah in the holocron of Anakin selling his soul...

tommy vercetti
which part is that i dont remember it

darthrevan89
Hey Kronos here is your sig. Just let me know if you want any changes.

Darth Windu
How do Mace's Force skills suck? Just because he doesn't use fancy Armor or Lightning he sucks? You can't be the third or fourth most powerful being in the galaxy without having some major power.

tommy vercetti
Mace is the second best jedi ever that didn't turn to the dark side

MAKASHIMAN
Fancy armor? I hope your not refering to Vader cause all he does is stand around and choke people. I'm not impressed with Paly's lightning it's the only power he's got and it's not even that powerful. Dooku and Yoda show more skill in the force than these chumps. Oh yeah why do people keep saying Palpy can throw people across the galaxy? It seems like a load of crap to me.

kamikz
Mabey at the PT but I doubt ever.

About the fight, Darth Windu said exactly what I wanted to say, Cin and Mace wins.

Darth Windu
DE Sidious. Read the books. Or better, don't. They suck.

And I'm talking about Yoda's Force Armor. Now, Mace isn't on Yoda's level, but he's damn close. Yes, his saber skills are accentuated far more than his Force abilities. But you can't be on the Council through saber skills alone. Mace has vast potential, and is probably in Dooku's class in raw power. Not Mastery, but raw power and potential. Mace could hold his own against either of these beings, and he's defeated Sidious. So he's no pushover. And Cin would waste Plo. Not own him, but take him out nonetheless.

Darth_Frobo
hmmm...well the truth is that mace is actually a "better" swordsman then yoda the thing is yoda's style looks cooler and plo koon is nothing to write home about especially compared to cin.

MAKASHIMAN
Yoda would go monkey on Mace and sing him some muppets' songs and Koon would use his incredible force powers to destroy Cin those and his mastery of form 5.

Darth Windu
Why would Koon desroy Cin? All we saw was Anakin holding a girl by the throat in one hand, and fighting Cin with the other. We don't know how the fight went. In fact, Cin was circling Anakin; the Sith was backing away. Not to mention Drallig is the saber instructor of the Temple; that requires skillz. Plo Koon dies, end of story. Then, Mace and Cin finish Yoda.

Darth_Frobo
koon has no incredible force powers he's a very very average or maybe even below average jedi for all we know he could lose to a 12 year old pretending a plastic bowling pin is a sword.

MAKASHIMAN
Dude look at the movie Cin using a bunch of cool manuveurs but the Sith handles him with one hand. It says on SW.com that Koon was one of the greats. You don't sit two chairs away from Yoda and not be a powerful Jedi.

Darth Kronos
revan89 thnx for the sig man but the file size says it's too large

Darth_Frobo
he really wasn't special he had average jedi force powers and average saber skill against droids.

Darth Windu
All you see is Cin moving forward/sideways, Anakin backing up, and a couple of swings. We don't know how the fight went, or anything. And Agen, Sasee, and Kit, they all sat right near Yoda. The first two were dead in the same scond, and Kit lasted several more seconds. Plo would've died quick. He's not that great. Get over it, lol. Cin would kill him. That's how it is.

MAKASHIMAN
Were not on that battle at the moment stay on topic. Even if Plo looses it's a hard battle for Cin and Yoda could handle a double team if need be....

Darth Windu
What battle? You just referred to both of those battles. You seem to have picked up an attitude. And no way in hell Yoda could handle both Mace AND Cin. No way.

MAKASHIMAN
What attitude? Dude were both July members don't act like your from 2004 or something. Cin was just a trainer, he didn't even go to Geonosis to save Obi-Wan.

MAKASHIMAN
Cin sucks eight ways from Sunday.

Darth_Frobo
Originally posted by MAKASHIMAN
What attitude? Dude were both July members don't act like your from 2004 or something. Cin was just a trainer, he didn't even go to Geonosis to save Obi-Wan.

First off you don't know and can't prove that he didn't go to genosis and even if you can it proves nothing. second cin was a master swordsman with extremely detailed knowledge of lightsaber combat plo was...plo that about sums it up.

Darth Windu

What does my having been here the same amount of time have to do with anything. And actually I've been here a week or so more than you, lol, but who cares?

And that automatically make him bad, that he didn't go on a mission? Not to mention the character didn't even exist yet. . . And Plo got led back into the circle of survivors by a battle droid. Speaks volumes for his skill.

MAKASHIMAN
Listen I am trying to behave so please don't make remarks like I am a little kid alright? You helped me out with Fishy and are a cool ally to have on one's side. Where does it say Cin is a master swordsman? I need more info on him to think he is s good deulist.

Darth Windu
When did I-the hell? I never called you a little kid. And go to starwars.com if you wish, or any site with anything about Star Wars. Every site that has him in it lists him as one of the Order's greatest duelists and the Temple's saber instructor. INSTRUCTOR, as in teacher. As in skilled.

MAKASHIMAN
I just went to SW.com and no Drallig there and the little kid thing was term of speach but anyways we cool right?

Darth Windu
Ye. ANd no Cin? That's an incomplete site. . . Then Wiki will do. It helps for a basic description on the character, but gets controversial when it comes to details.

MAKASHIMAN
We can use Wiki? Ok then Plo will fry Cin with his Kel Dorian Lightning.

MAKASHIMAN
Just kiddin. Lol.

Darth Windu
Whew. Thought you were serious there for a second. . .

tommy vercetti
cin drallig is in the star wars game and is heavy

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Darth Windu
DE Sidious. Read the books. Or better, don't. They suck.

And I'm talking about Yoda's Force Armor. Now, Mace isn't on Yoda's level, but he's damn close. Yes, his saber skills are accentuated far more than his Force abilities. But you can't be on the Council through saber skills alone. Mace has vast potential, and is probably in Dooku's class in raw power. Not Mastery, but raw power and potential. Mace could hold his own against either of these beings, and he's defeated Sidious. So he's no pushover. And Cin would waste Plo. Not own him, but take him out nonetheless.

Yeh, great, and people laughed/argued with me when I said that yoda and mace are very similar when it comes to comparison.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Darth_Frobo
hmmm...well the truth is that mace is actually a "better" swordsman then yoda the thing is yoda's style looks cooler and plo koon is nothing to write home about especially compared to cin.

Yoda's style looks cooler? No offense, but thats a very newbie statement.
Yoda uses Ataru, and him flipping around is not because of his style, really. Do you see Qui Gon Jiin flippin around Maul>?

Darth Windu
Akbar, he said that Mace is arguably a better duelist than Yoda, but since Yoda's style is flashier and better-looking, most consider him to be the superior.

Admiral Akbar
Dude look at the movie Cin using a bunch of cool manuveurs but the Sith handles him with one hand. It says on SW.com that Koon was one of the greats. You don't sit two chairs away from Yoda and not be a powerful Jedi.

SOrry for this triple post, but Trebor was on the council, and he was nothing special.

HimoKun
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
Yoda's style looks cooler? No offense, but thats a very newbie statement.
Yoda uses Ataru, and him flipping around is not because of his style, really. Do you see Qui Gon Jiin flippin around Maul>?

Yes, it is part of his style. Ataru is meant to be flashy and involve those twists and turns. That's why Qui kept spinning. yoda is smaller and has a better control over the force, giving him the ability to do all those acrobatic moves.

Admiral Akbar
You cant judge his coolness. So what yoda flips. I dont find that fancy fighting, I'm actually sorry for the old guy, to use up his force energy just to bounce around.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by HimoKun
Yes, it is part of his style. Ataru is meant to be flashy and involve those twists and turns. That's why Qui kept spinning. yoda is smaller and has a better control over the force, giving him the ability to do all those acrobatic moves.

MY bad, the crummy ass site I searched showed Ataru as fast movement, and strikes.

MAKASHIMAN
Yeah don't trust any of those sites their a load of bull.

joeyvermont
ataru involves quick menouvres and rolls anf flips and practitioners of this form use the force to guide them through their rolls and jumps. Sidious expands this form with thrusts. And mace windu and cin drallig win this.

DarthMaul9123
hey shadow can you make me a sig

angrothir
In the revenge of the sith book it says that Mace's style(Vaapad) is second to Yoda's Ataru. (if i remeber right and i am moderately sure i do
As for everyone saying how Plo was only average.. He had alot of strength and was a good swordsman(he was said to be able to master Windu's Vaapad but since his decided it was too dangerous to use because of its closeness to the dark side) and was strong in the force period.. then you add in his emotion sensing tentacles(Which emotion is a huge part f swordfighting) and his scientific knowledge gave him the ability to do things other Jedi( as far as i have read) couldn't( Cause a force fog, drop the temperature enough to disable an oppent, Freeze up too small lakes, cause whirlwinds, and he could do the force lightning) So he was far from average. Now i still think Windu a Cin would win but it would a barely (have to crawl away) win not the blowout i seem to read on here.

angrothir
to add to my other post(time to edit went out) Yoda also master all the styles of Saber combat except 7(windu's) and he could raise or lower moral..(mostly used for big battles)..and had great force hold and a enormous force push ability. Windu's only signifcant(not that he didn't do way above average in other areas, he is on the council after all) was his ability to read...(i don't remeber the actual name) force fault points. Which was kinda like a wierd viewing of the future. He could see how everyone connected together. and his Vaapad style (which was a more complete version of Darth Maul's style form VII Juyo)

Illustrious
Originally posted by angrothir
to add to my other post(time to edit went out) Yoda also master all the styles of Saber combat except 7(windu's) and he could raise or lower moral..(mostly used for big battles)..and had great force hold and a enormous force push ability. Windu's only signifcant(not that he didn't do way above average in other areas, he is on the council after all) was his ability to read...(i don't remeber the actual name) force fault points. Which was kinda like a wierd viewing of the future. He could see how everyone connected together. and his Vaapad style (which was a more complete version of Darth Maul's style form VII Juyo)

That's Shatterpoint for ya.

No Plo is not average, but he's not the kickass character some fanboys want him to be; in fact, the fact he was mainly a pilot says something.

Tangible God
It's kinda funny isn't it? Despite all his powers and Training and reputation, Plo still gets blown unceremoniously from the sky.

Darth Faunus
Um, angrothir. . . Plo would never have been able to master or become a practioner of Vaapad. Ever.

birthoftheforce
plo never even tried to master it so there are no reasons that suggest he could whereas mace windu was the only one wise enough at the time to master it and bepa dillipa and sora bulq both fell to the dark side so considering plo koon was not much wiser than these two jedi and a hell of a lot less wise than mace windu it is unlikely he would be able to master it

atlant80
what if yoda fought cin and mace pwn3d plo and yoda beat mace and a very weakened cin? or is that to hard for the little guy?

angrothir
Yall act like Vaapad was this great style impossible to master for any but mace but there were 2 others to master it but they fell to the darkside. And i am sure (never read any though) thatseveral mastered the style that it came off of. Its not that it was impossibly hard to but it was dangerous. to In the an encyclopidia (known as Wikipedia which is pretty well known and reliable)(not just the movie info is used for it but EU too) it says plo koon had the ability to master it but wouldn't because his race sees things as Black and White(right or wrong) no inbetween and he considered it wrong because of its style is walking the line of the darkside. and by defination Plo would be pretty kick ass (the best...No far from it. Mace would own him as well as yoda anakin and a longlist of other Jedi.)

Lord Janus
Uh, Vaapad is exclusive to THREE PEOPLE in the series, and all were trained by or with Mace Windu. One of them IS Mace Windu. The others are Sora Bulq and Depa Bilaba.

The information you have on Plo Koon is Wikipedia bullshit, made by this sudden emergence of Plo Koon fans. Plo Koon's fame is on par with Boba Fett in the original trilogy, only Boba looked less stupid and actually applied to the plot and spoke.

kingkman
i partially agree with angrothir and his sources are right but i still dont think plo would be able to master it. There are others who never tried that could probably have mastered it such as yoda but not plo koon

Darth Faunus
Well Yoda, likely, but I doubt it would be as effective for him as Ataru was, or that he would use it as well as Mace. Remember, the reason that Mace Windu excelled to his level was the combination of Vaapad and his Shatterpoint ability, which greatly accentuated his effectiveness as a fighter.

kingkman
yes i agree but he still would have been able to master it.

Darth Faunus
He would have, but there'd have been no point.

Lord Janus
No, his sources aren't right. Plo Koon doesn't know dick about Vaapad.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Tangible God
It's kinda funny isn't it? Despite all his powers and Training and reputation, Plo still gets blown unceremoniously from the sky.

You are ridiculous, really no offence though. I have heard so many people say that and it gets on my nerves. His accomplishments do not intercourse with his death. He died like and other jedi would. A backstab. Unexpected attack. If u watch ROTS he made the first move before they fired because he could sense it, but who could outrun two clone troopers firing at u from point blank range. Really...

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Lord Janus
Uh, Vaapad is exclusive to THREE PEOPLE in the series, and all were trained by or with Mace Windu. One of them IS Mace Windu. The others are Sora Bulq and Depa Bilaba.

The information you have on Plo Koon is Wikipedia bullshit, made by this sudden emergence of Plo Koon fans. Plo Koon's fame is on par with Boba Fett in the original trilogy, only Boba looked less stupid and actually applied to the plot and spoke.

umm not all bs. His race does see things as right or wrong, as he explained. BUt the Vaapad shit is pretty retarded.

kingkman
thats the point i agreed on janus and wikipedia is actually pretty reliable

Lord Janus
Wikipedia CAN be reliable, in the way that a gun that is prone to jamming can be trusted. Yeah, most of it is probably on key, but if you can't put it into context and separate it from the bias and even the faulty, it's not a good source to rely on BY ITSELF.

But I could just say that a thousand times, and people will still insist that it's reliable.

angrothir
Vaapad was not this style that was hard......It never says it was hard to master. It was however Dangerous to master. Hence why many didn't try. Many people are contradicting themselves their own sentences...Saying vappad is exclusive to one person. Mace Windu. Then saying in the next sentence that two others used it and fell. And they weren't even that great of jedi...yet they did it. Guess it wasn't that exclusive. All this bs about his death.....Take the best fighter in the world and then give me a gun and the advantage of complete and utter surprise...I win. His death had nothing to do with his ability as a fighter. He was shot down Point Blank by TWO clone troopers in fighters that he in fact thought were his allies. The only thing that u could fault him for is probably a false sense of security laid because of his Emotion sensing tentacles. The clones had no emotions so that might have thrown him off but we won't know.

Darth Faunus
What is this doing back here?

Deus Ex
Originally posted by angrothir
Vaapad was not this style that was hard......It never says it was hard to master. It was however Dangerous to master. Hence why many didn't try. Many people are contradicting themselves their own sentences...Saying vappad is exclusive to one person. Mace Windu. Then saying in the next sentence that two others used it and fell. And they weren't even that great of jedi...yet they did it. Guess it wasn't that exclusive. All this bs about his death.....Take the best fighter in the world and then give me a gun and the advantage of complete and utter surprise...I win. His death had nothing to do with his ability as a fighter. He was shot down Point Blank by TWO clone troopers in fighters that he in fact thought were his allies. The only thing that u could fault him for is probably a false sense of security laid because of his Emotion sensing tentacles. The clones had no emotions so that might have thrown him off but we won't know.

Technically, only Mace mastered it. Depa and Sora were in turn mastered BY it.

Secondly, clones DO have emotions, as shown in The Cestus Deception. Commander Cody also reacts to Obi-Wan in ROTS rather genuinely for a "no emotion automaton."

Third, I bet my ass Anakin Skywalker could outpilot two Clone troopers.

And fourth, so... does PLo win or not in your opinion?

Admiral Akbar
What was the name of the other jedi lady that used a purple lightsaber? I forgot

Deus Ex
The dark lady?

Darth Faunus
The Dark Woman, I believe.

Admiral Akbar
ty

angrothir
dues read the books....Only certain types of clone....Special only a few...Have the mind to form emotion...In the clone war book...Not sure which one. the one where anikan becomes a Jedi Knight...anyways, A clone if blown up....What does he feel? nothing. only a need to get back to the base to report what the has seen. several clones has the ability to feel and where are they????in command where feelings would be necissary...what was cody again? in command, therefor logically he would need an amount of feeling to be of any good.

to use anikan, who was famous for his piloting abilities and his abilities as a Jedi, would be completely unfair. I doubt Mace could outpilot them...Does that make him a bad jedi. No.

In my opinion MAce and Cen win...i started with that opinion but it isn't a clean win at all....

jollyjim311
only ARC troopers could think semi-independintly

Se7in
I just watched the Order 66 scenes, and Plo only began to move after the Clones opened fire. Regardless, Plo's piloting skills are irrelevant to this duel.

Tru_Slice
I'm glad to know that everyone loves Cin. He is pretty cool; don't you guys wish you'd seen more of him in the film?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.