Ryu vs. Goku (End of Dragonball)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkRiku13
Ryu versus Goku. Goku is at the level he was at prior to the fight with radditz.

Hoshi
i would say ryu would win with a great difficult

Sonic x 20
Goku is a good fighter, but since he needed Piccolo's help in defeating Radditz, I'd say Ryu will win.

DarkRiku13
yeah but radditz was a saiyan. He spent his whole life fighting. I think i'd go with Goku, mostly because if worse comes to worse, he could tap into his deeper abilities.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Sonic x 20
Goku is a good fighter, but since he needed Piccolo's help in defeating Radditz, I'd say Ryu will win. That's not a faie assment, as Goku has gotten stronger since then.

Hit_and_Miss
hmmm I dont know how to class ryu on a dragonball power lvl, goku was about 1000, while Mr satan the strongest human was about 50-100, that would put ryu at about 500.

also goku can fly while ryu is grounded. goku kama kame ha is much stronger then ryu hudoken aswell

unrealman
Which Capcom Ryu is this ? because if it's Breath fire 3 or 4 Ryu than Goku's Toast.

Sonic x 20
It's the Normal Ryu from Street Fighter.

Hoshi
if it is ryu fighting with his full potential he would own goku.Mr satan was 500 , and ryu was said to be at least 10 times stronger than the strongest normal human in the world.

Darkstorm Zero
Mr Satan was NOT 500, he was 50 to 100, and by that calculation that would put Ryu on par with Goku.

Hoshi
yeah, but i saw in a place that shin akuma was 1000 times stronger than the strongest normal human in the world, and gokus power when he fought raditz was 500 since it only reached 1000 when he used his kamehameha

Darkstorm Zero
Yeah, I can see Akuma handing Goku his butt during the first portion of the Saiyan Saga. I'm not too sure about Ryu as he is in the games though... Goku's Kamehameha would total a Regular Hadouken, and would go on par with the Shinku Hadouken. Goku's other techniques, lie super speed and double imagin *And lets not forget flying* I don't know if ryu has the tools he needs from the games

Sonic x 20
If it is Maxed out Ryu, Goku is really in trouble!!!!!!

Darkstorm Zero
Thats really an iffy subject for me, we simply don't knowwhat Ryu's maximum portntial really is other than breif statements from other characters.

(EG: Bison thinks Ryu's hidden potential is the Ultimate form of Psycho power.
Akuma has clamed that Ryus power will one day surpass even his own.
Oro is now teaching Ryu.)

But, what IS ryus max potential? Does anybody actually know?

Sonic x 20
I don't know, but when he gets to that max potential, he will become SUPER POWERFUL!!!!!!! big grin big grin

Onikirimaru
When he reaches his max potential he will become half as strong as dan.

Sonic x 20
Dan is strong, but not as strong as Ryu.

AdventYomi13
ok if u all want full potential ryu then i'll give it to u. Full Potential Ryu against Super saiyan 2 goku.

dvampire
There's no full potential Ryu yet, he still getting more powerful, lets wait for SF4 to come out. confused

Sonic x 20
You can put him against Evil Ryu since he is stronger than Normal Ryu, but not stronger than Normal Ryu when he reaches his true potential. big grin big grin

Hit_and_Miss
"When he reaches his max potential he will become half as strong as dan."

soo true....

All this "full potential" talk I'll conclude that ryu as he stands couldn't take goku... Though you forget goku could keep on powering up for eternity now hes with the supreme KI. Even the god of DBZ was scared of fighting him. and needed 10K years to train...lol

Sonic x 20
I know, but this is just Goku and we are still trying to decide.

AdventChild
goku

Hit_and_Miss
ah goku is unbeatable.... hes a gluten for punishment, and the more he takes the more powerful he gets, stupid sayan logic..... where as ryu is still human, like krillin. He could never reach goku. just a punchbag

Sonic x 20
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Who would win if Goku couldn't transform into a SuperSayian?

CorderaMitchell
I really don't know what to say...

Sonic x 20
I mean, these two fighters have been training ever since they were kids and they learned new things during thier journey.

Hit_and_Miss
goku can fly, has his extendo-stick, and I would argue is faster and stronger then ryu. Ryu is just a normal human come great fighter. Goku is super-strong sayian come great fighter.

We are debating him without turning into super sayian.

Sonic x 20
Ryu knows how to dodge attacks and is very good at looking out for them. Goku is as well.

Hit_and_Miss
your a very un-opinionated guy sonic. Make a decision for once! go on! choose who you think will win! only time I've see you pick a side is on a sonic debate....! smile

Sonic x 20
Sorry about that. I'll say Ryu for me.

Hit_and_Miss
I just think that Goku is far to powerful for ryu. Goku could probably distroy enough ryu with his Kamehameha attack and simply fly away from ryu hadukin

CorderaMitchell
I haven't seen dragonball in a while, but if its maxed ryu he stands a chance, otherwise, hell no!

Sonic x 20
If Ryu was at his Max Potential, will he still have his teleport slide move?

Hit_and_Miss
gokus punches to normal humans knock them out of the area... and thats when he holds back most of his power, yes ryu might be strong, but he can't take alot of punches from a normal human can he??? whats it goner be like if goku hit him once???

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
gokus punches to normal humans knock them out of the area... and thats when he holds back most of his power, yes ryu might be strong, but he can't take alot of punches from a normal human can he??? whats it goner be like if goku hit him once??? Like I said, max, otherwise hell no!!

I like that sig...

Hit_and_Miss
thanks... I was inspired after reading some of the comic book vs threads... (most of which are u slatting the "fanboys"wink

Remember goku has fough in tournements around the world. He would quite often knock them out the ring easy. Some of the more powerful humans still lost to him when he was a kid....

CorderaMitchell
thanks... I was inspired after reading some of the comic book vs threads... (most of which are u slatting the "fanboys"wink

Remember goku has fough in tournements around the world. He would quite often knock them out the ring easy. Some of the more powerful humans still lost to him when he was a kid....

Keep in mind I'm saying max.
OK, goku has had problems with questionable foes himself.

Shin Akuma broke meteors and such, and could walk the ocean floor.

Ryu at max potential, ( sorry to do this), would beat goku.

Otherwise not...

Thats all.

You know those fanboys are bad...

Hit_and_Miss
Ryu at his max..... how powerful you think that is? we talking goku super sayain lvl one? or we talking goku back from king ki's to battle napa??? trouble with both chars is they have the hero factor going for them... Whatever the fight they have to win so theres all sorts of "random" feats where they pull rabbits out of the hat to win, take freezer letting goku charge a spirt bomb up cause he was asking him what he was doing..... or ryu dodging bullets....

CorderaMitchell
Ryu at his max..... how powerful you think that is? we talking goku super sayain lvl one? or we talking goku back from king ki's to battle napa??? trouble with both chars is they have the hero factor going for them... Whatever the fight they have to win so theres all sorts of "random" feats where they pull rabbits out of the hat to win, take freezer letting goku charge a spirt bomb up cause he was asking him what he was doing..... or ryu dodging bullets....

I was thinking kid goku...

Hit_and_Miss
The thread says just before his fight with raditz

legacy92
umm i dont tink ryu will get any strounger after dark ryu but guku is always gettin srtonger with newer transformations soo i say goku owns ryu i mean people are havin trounle deabting gouku vs superman ryu is easy peacy lemon squeezey in other words gone

Creshosk
The thread says just before his fight with raditz Huh, I didn't notice that. . .

I thought by "end of dragon ball" they meant the end of Dragonball Z. . . But no, they literally meant the end of the first less well known series.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by legacy92
umm i dont tink ryu will get any strounger after dark ryu but guku is always gettin srtonger with newer transformations soo i say goku owns ryu i mean people are havin trounle deabting gouku vs superman ryu is easy peacy lemon squeezey in other words gone

Ryu at his max is MUCH stronger than dark hadou, and he already is...

Goku is just normal saiyan, not super.

Hit_and_Miss
anyhow whats ryus most notable feat hes done?? I'm not too uptodate with the whole SF series, A friend tried to explain but I didn't really get it...

Spelljammer
Goku was not no 1,000, when he fought Raditz he was at 350. I assume at the end of DB then he was at about 327. (He countinued to train afterward, it's saiyan nature..)

Mr. Satan I'd say yes, was around 100.. Ryu would kick Mr. Satan's ass, both strength wise and the fact that he's far more agressive. His power level would be around 250..

So Goku may be stronger..
But Ryu takes combat alot more seriously.

I'm going to go with my gut and say Ryu. Though I'm bias because I can't stand the uber godlyness that is Dragonball Z..

Sonic x 20
Ryu has rejected the Dark Hadou which shows he's gotten stronger during the time.

bardock
goku would win.ryu would be beaten like a girl

Hit_and_Miss
"But Ryu takes combat alot more seriously."

goku fights plenty serious... He just loves to fight so much he takes it has a joke.. Oh and he knows he going to win most of the time. (he peeks at the script.

Ryu doesn't stand a chance. Goku is far superior to a human...

Sonic x 20
Ryu takes fights seriously as well. Ryu hardly even talks during battle sometimes, but Goku does that all the time. Both of these fighters love to fight and always train all the time as well. Ryu also loves to fight fighters that are stronger than so he can test his strength the same with Goku.

bardock
ryu is no where near as fast or as strong as goku

Sonic x 20
It is the Goku at the end of Dragonball, the Goku that needed help to defeat his brother Raditz. I still think Ryu has a chance against Goku at the end of Dragonball.

faro
basic things....nobody can tell whose energy ball is stronger or are the humans at the universe of DBZ same powerfull as SF....there is proof in both worlds that human can go beyond their limits as some fans describe here...so use the logic.

dont try to go with your fav caracter, put your personal feelings away.

compare both fighters at the same age...age is very important, so begin with age.

both fighters were 23 (goku at beginning DBZ and ryu SF2)

goku s strength power 416 (lets make it 500) and his kamehameha 924 (lets make it 1000) formula = strengh x 2= energy ball.

the formula will be same if you put all of your energy in a ball...so
ryu s hadoken 3620 (enrgyball devided by 2= 1800 strengh power)

SO u decide, who is stronger? again i m saying dont take the decision with your personal feelings.

i like both the fighters, but i think ryu is much more stronger than goku.

faro
ryu vs goku...
basic things....nobody can tell whose energy ball is stronger or are the humans at the universe of DBZ same powerfull as SF....there is proof in both worlds that human can go beyond their limits as some fans describe here...so use the logic.

compare both fighters at the same age...age is very important, so begin with age.

goku s strength power 416 (lets make it 500) and his kamehameha 924 (lets make it 1000) formula = strengh x 2= energy ball.

SO u decide, who is stronger? again i m saying dont take the decision with your personal feelings.

faro
ryu vs goku...

faro
ryu vs goku...

Shin Mars
Originally posted by faro
ryu vs goku...

The problem with your formula is that you are using a non-canon source (The Street Fighter II anime movie) and power levels do not exist in the canon Street Fighter canon. Street Fighter characters' strengths are measured by their feats more than anything else and trying to use Dragon Ball as a base is foolhardy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.