Antichrist = Evil?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superfly4000
I dont understand why people are so afraid of an antichrist. From what i understand, the antichrist will be a charasmatic person who will try to unite the world with peace. Why are christians so afraid of world peace?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Superfly4000
I dont understand why people are so afraid of an antichrist. From what i understand, the antichrist will be a charasmatic person who will try to unite the world with peace. Why are christians so afraid of world peace?

There was an Antichrist some 1900 years ago, but most of these people on this forum do not know (or want to know) that. Revelations was a revolutionary book written in code and the beast was Rome. This book should not have been added to the bible in the ~1100. There was a big stink in the Catholic Church at the time, about this book, and it almost got dropped. No one knows who this John was, but he lived on an island off the Mediterranean cost about 90 years after Jesus was crucified.

FeceMan
Um...'cause he's evil?

If Hitler ruled the Earth, there would be world peace.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
There was an Antichrist some 1900 years ago, but most of these people on this forum do not know (or want to know) that. Revelations was a revolutionary book written in code and the beast was Rome. This book should not have been added to the bible in the ~1100. There was a big stink in the Catholic Church at the time, about this book, and it almost got dropped. No one knows who this John was, but he lived on an island off the Mediterranean cost about 90 years after Jesus was crucified.

The book of Revelations was taken out of the Canon of scripture, I think 3 or 4 times.

The reason people fear this Antichrist is because he will they say have a one world system...money system (can't buy or sell), government, and religions...uniting everyone in religion would put the Christians into persecution...So. since the tribulation is 7 years according to most churches...that would be 7 years of persecution depending on your view..persecution and death....the 7 year period starts when a covenant is confirmed or signed with the middle east. What most don't realize is that scriptures says "Confirmed a covenant"...Not make a new one or "Treaty" which it is now being called...It is historical...the covenant confirmed was about Jesus death and resurrection...after the 7 years the 2nd coming Jesus will appear and defeat the Satan incarnated Antichrist world leader.....Christians don't want to miss the rapture because they do not want to go through the persecution which is taught to be even worse then the inquisitions...hunted down, they cannot work because they won't take the mark of the beast nor buy food...etc...

debbiejo
Though most of this is not talking about in Revelation...It's in Daniel...OT. and Matthew 24.

finti
Antichrist = Evil? depends on your viewpoint

Count Dooku
Originally posted by FeceMan
Um...'cause he's evil?

If Hitler ruled the Earth, there would be world peace.

No, because his growing hatred would have never dispelled. He would continue to use his army as an ultimate murder tool against those he hated.

xmarksthespot
Basically it's fuelled by the simplistic, arrogant and false notion that something opposed to the views of Christianity should automatically be qualified as evil.

Jury
Antichrist is not the specific person.

"Antichrist" apparently is the general description of the "great apostacy".

It is a combination of a person indeed, an event, a commandment, a practice, a rebellion.

Storm
The word appears only five times in the bible. It seems to describe any false teacher or false prophet or corrupter of the christian faith, but sometimes also seems to indicate a specific person or a single spirit of deception that motivates false teaching, and whose presence is a sign of the end times.
Many people, or even nations or movements, have been thought by some to be the Antichrist.

Evil Dead
I don't see why Christians would worry about it..........they die, they go to heaven.........which is eternal happiness........why are they so hung up on this? Hell.......Muslims atleast believe in their faith with enough conviction that they will strap a bomb to their back in the name of their god............

debbiejo
Storm is correct, the Bible has even said "For even now there are Antichrists"....historical.

finti
yeah and in Norse mythology it is Loke (Loki) who is the bad man so....................

debbiejo
Well.....sometimes bad can be good.....

finti
and sometimes a story is just ...........................a story

debbiejo
Many myths have these same kinds of scenarios...

Superfly4000
Yeah. I just keep hearing about thie left behind book series and stuff. And Im just keep thinkin, maybe I could be the antichrist. I want to unite the world and end religiouse feuds.

Shakyamunison
Yeah. I just keep hearing about thie left behind book series and stuff. And Im just keep thinkin, maybe I could be the Antichrist. I want to unite the world and end religiouse feuds.

You are not the Antichrist, the Antichrist should be someone who is very religious and Christan.

finti
jury then laughing out loud laughing

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by finti
jury then laughing out loud laughing

I feel sorry for jury. Christans are supposed to bring people to God, well, you my friend, are just another people who has been pushed away from God by jury.

finti
to be honest it happen way before I even heard of this dude, yet his religious attitude is what I despise in so called christians and it makes me distance my self further from this belief . So in an indirectly way you are correct
The majority, great great great majority, of christians are not like this though

Storm
You are not the Antichrist, the Antichrist should be someone who is very religious and Christan.
Ironic isn' t it? The idea that the Antichrist will be an apostate priest or christian secular ruler, perhaps a pope or other high leader of the christian church, or a pretender to the papacy appeared early in the history of the christian church.

Jury
You are not the Antichrist, the Antichrist should be someone who is very religious and Christan. laughing
jury then laughing out loud laughing laughing
I feel sorry for jury. Christans are supposed to bring people to God, well, you my friend, are just another people who has been pushed away from God by jury. Actually, Christians supposed to bring people back to the TRUE God. Not the one you think you've known. Maybe, you're thinking about the Catholic God. laughing out loud Pitiful. Well, it's not me who pushed him away from God. It was God Himself.

Jury
to be honest it happen way before I even heard of this dude, yet his religious attitude is what I despise in so called christians and it makes me distance my self further from this belief . So in an indirectly way you are correct
The majority, great great great majority, of christians are not like this though Because you didn't know what the TRUE Christians were. You didn't know what the TRUE Christ was. You were all oriented to the so-called Christians who developed from the second century.

You guys still have a lot of things to be learned. Yet, these things can be learned only if it's too late for you...

... as it was in days of Noah.

Jury
Originally posted by Storm
Ironic isn' t it? The idea that the Antichrist will be an apostate priest or christian secular ruler, perhaps a pope or other high leader of the christian church, or a pretender to the papacy appeared early in the history of the christian church. yes

Actually, the Bible made some descriptions of this Antichrist.

It says there: that this lawlessness man will sit on a highest throne like God. He will proclaim Himself as God. And He will secretly introduce evil doctrines into the church. And He will deny the Sovereign Lord.

The apostles also prophesied that this man - the false prophet - will come from among them . This will happen the time the apostles of Christ will die.

This lawlessness man is the symbol of the great apostacy of the first century church of Christ.

This prophecy was proclaimed and was fulfilled.

debbiejo
Well many say the Antichrist must be of some Jewish or middle eastern back ground also to be able to bring all things together...Some say Prince Charles since I think he holds a title Prince of Jerusalem or something like that..It's too early to think now.,.some think it's Butros Butros Gali (sp?)

But it must be someone who also exhibits this:

Here are the 9 fruits of the Holy Spirit listed one right after the other in a bullet point format:

Love
Joy
Peace
Long suffering
Kindness
Goodness
Faithfulness
Gentleness
Self-control
Now here is the specific verse from Scripture where these 9 fruits are coming from:

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, Long suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control." (Galatians 5:22)
Before I get into the appropriate commentary on what each of these fruits are all about, note the following:

The word "Spirit" is with a capital "S" - which means that these 9 fruits are coming directly from the Holy Spirit - not from us.

What this means is that God's love, God's peace, God's joy and God's goodness can be started to be transmitted up into your personality. These are His attributes and His personality qualities that will start to flow and mesh into the core of your personality. Think about the ramifications of this - that God the Father Himself is allowing us to share in a part of His divine nature by allowing His Holy Spirit to transmit and impart these nine qualities right up into our soul and personality!
That is why God the Father is specifically telling us in this verse that these 9 fruits are coming directly from the Holy Spirit - so that we can fully appreciate the magnitude of such an experience.

Now Jury....I know many nonchristians that exhibit these qualities...It says above that this can ONLY come from the Holy Spirit...So, it would seem that the Holy Spirit is upon those who don't have a particular faith also...agreed?

finti
unlike you we were humble before our christ.
You aint no christian, you are just one poor ole condemning sod trying to portray a christian and a sorry excuse for a so called christian as well

allready know what I require to know

Evil Dead
I thought Prince Charle's title was "Prince of Wales"............come to think of it, I don't believe Jerusalem is part of the United Kingdom.

debbiejo

Chibi Boy
"You guys still have a lot of things to be learned. Yet, these things can be learned only if it's too late for you..."
That's what i said...

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Chibi Boy
"You guys still have a lot of things to be learned. Yet, these things can be learned only if it's too late for you..."
That's what i said...

Chibi Boy
How many collage degrees do you have?

xmarksthespot
Chibi Boy
How many collage degrees do you have?
Certainly no sufficient amount to afford him such a patronizing attitude.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Certainly no sufficient amount to afford him such a patronizing attitude.

Yes, also, it is arrogance that is behind all of this. A humble person with differing ideas would would still say what he/she thinks, but would be ever mindful of the views of others. Arrogance is not allowed in heaven.

Chibi Boy
It was a joke.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Chibi Boy
It was a joke.

What was a joke? I missed it if there was one.

Jury
Originally posted by debbiejo
Well many say the Antichrist must be of some Jewish or middle eastern back ground also to be able to bring all things together...Some say Prince Charles since I think he holds a title Prince of Jerusalem or something like that..It's too early to think now.,.some think it's Butros Butros Gali (sp?)

But it must be someone who also exhibits this:

Here are the 9 fruits of the Holy Spirit listed one right after the other in a bullet point format:

Love
Joy
Peace
Long suffering
Kindness
Goodness
Faithfulness
Gentleness
Self-control
Now here is the specific verse from Scripture where these 9 fruits are coming from:

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, Long suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control." (Galatians 5:22)
Before I get into the appropriate commentary on what each of these fruits are all about, note the following:

The word "Spirit" is with a capital "S" - which means that these 9 fruits are coming directly from the Holy Spirit - not from us.

What this means is that God's love, God's peace, God's joy and God's goodness can be started to be transmitted up into your personality. These are His attributes and His personality qualities that will start to flow and mesh into the core of your personality. Think about the ramifications of this - that God the Father Himself is allowing us to share in a part of His divine nature by allowing His Holy Spirit to transmit and impart these nine qualities right up into our soul and personality!
That is why God the Father is specifically telling us in this verse that these 9 fruits are coming directly from the Holy Spirit - so that we can fully appreciate the magnitude of such an experience.

Now Jury....I know many nonchristians that exhibit these qualities...It says above that this can ONLY come from the Holy Spirit...So, it would seem that the Holy Spirit is upon those who don't have a particular faith also...agreed? Jesus said: "Why do you call me 'Lord, Lord' and do not follow what I said?"

Okay, that is for Christians. That is for God's chosen ones. The Holy Spirit comes from God. And this Spirit is intended ONLY for His chosen ones OR acknowledged ones.

Even a man is the most lovable or whatever value he has in this world yet do not acknowledge, believe and obey Christ, he does not acknowledge God. And he doesn't have the Spirit that comes from God.

Jesus also said: "Those who believe in me, if you obey my teachings, you truly are my people."

These people belongs to one "flock". Metaphorically, they are called "sheep" of that one "flock".

These are the only ones who truly hear the Christ's voice.

"My sheep hear my voice"

These "sheep" are Christ's people.

Christ's people are also God's people.

They are the ones who are filled with the Holy Spirit that comes from God.

finti
some certainly acts like them though

debbiejo
Originally posted by Jury
Jesus said: "Why do you call me 'Lord, Lord' and do not follow what I said?"

Okay, that is for Christians. That is for God's chosen ones. The Holy Spirit comes from God. And this Spirit is intended ONLY for His chosen ones OR acknowledged ones.

Even a man is the most lovable or whatever value he has in this world yet do not acknowledge, believe and obey Christ, he does not acknowledge God. And he doesn't have the Spirit that comes from God.

Jesus also said: "Those who believe in me, if you obey my teachings, you truly are my people."

These people belongs to one "flock". Metaphorically, they are called "sheep" of that one "flock".

These are the only ones who truly hear the Christ's voice.

"My sheep hear my voice"

These "sheep" are Christ's people.

Christ's people are also God's people.

They are the ones who are filled with the Holy Spirit that comes from God.

Like I said, I know people who have these fruits of the Spirit so, who is giving it to them?????...they are not Christians...If the Holy Spirit is the only one that can give them, then................what?

finti
just shows that jury doesnt know what the hell he is talking about

Jury
Actually the "Holy Spirit" is not only one. That Spirit is Holy because it comes from God. Whatever that Spirit have, it comes from God. These Spirits also serve as Messengers of God. These Holy Spirits can also be Christ's Messengers. Spirits for God's own people.

finti
laughing out loud

Jury
Not for everyone else.

Jury
Remember also that Devil can create the same Spirit... to deceive the people of God. smile

debbiejo
just shows that jury doesnt know what the hell he is talking about

Exactly....It's all book knowledge, and indoctrination....No real truth of spirit or human beings......No fruits..and that's how you tell the difference of what a true follower is or not.

finti
laughing out loud

debbiejo
Remember also that Devil can create the same Spirit... to deceive the people of God. smile

The Devil can create the fruits of the SPIRIT????...I don't think so....Where is the scripture for that....IT'S CALLED FRUITS OF THE SPIRIT.....only ONE SPIRIT RIGHT?

xmarksthespot
If so... then how do you automatically assume that your "fruits of the Spirit" are not derived from the Devil...

finti
big grin

Jury
As I said "the chosen ones" have the privilege ... the right to know the Spirit that comes from God.

It starts with the Holy Scriptures.

That start is where most people fail. smile

finti
and you keep on doing it

too bad it doesnt imply you then

debbiejo
As I said "the chosen ones" have the privilege ... the right to know the Spirit that comes from God.

It starts with the Holy Scriptures.

That start is where most people fail. smile

I said that I know people who have the fruits and are not Christians...you said that the devil can produce the same effects....

So, the unchristian...maybe even god forbid Atheists can have the Spirit, which you said is from God...cause there is only one spirit...though now you say their are two....

The two different spirits of the fruit....what scripture is that in?

xmarksthespot
Then I asked:
If so... then how do you automatically assume that your "fruits of the Spirit" are not derived from the Devil...
...and received no answer.
Sidestepping of questions seems to be a recurring motif.

Shakyamunison
Actually the "Holy Spirit" is not only one. That Spirit is Holy because it comes from God. Whatever that Spirit have, it comes from God. These Spirits also serve as Messengers of God. These Holy Spirits can also be Christ's Messengers. Spirits for God's own people.

How would you know? You would have to be filled with the spirit to know this, and you have never known the spirit, your actions show the truth about you.

Jury
If you people accept sincerely the truth the Bible teaches you would have answered that by yourself... and God Himself will reveal it to you. smile

If you don't trust the Bible, no light for you to answer those questions. God has told me that. And I am fully aware of it.

You can think of it as insanity as how you wish to think about it, I couldn't care less. smile It's not my soul that will be punished anyway. happy

I was born a TRUE Christian... and I'll die the same.

The seventh seal was already opened. The second woe was already fulfilled. And the seventh trumpet is about to sound. The kings and God's servants from the East are about to reunite with Abraham's nation and Christ's first sheep ... to meet the Lord and live together with Him in the Holy City.

P.S.: Noah's Ark is about to close. angel

Jury
If I don't make sense here. It's so simple. IGNORE. But it seems that you can't because the TRUTH the Bible tells triggers your pride.

I'll end my conversation here. The topic is nonsense anyway. stick out tongue

Don't bother to respond. I may not able to read it. smile

finti
you wouldnt have known the truth if it bit you in the a*ss

debbiejo
If you don't trust the Bible, no light for you to answer those questions. God has told me that. And I am fully aware of it.

What......you gotta special telephone just for you?

Shakyamunison
What......you gotta special telephone just for you?

No, it's "The Cone Of Silence", just like on "Get Smart", jury on one side god on the other. laughing

Shakyamunison

You can think of it as insanity as how you wish to think about it, I couldn't care less. smile It's not my soul that will be punished anyway. happy

At least you are aware that god talking to you sounds like crazy talk.

Deano
religion is one big scam
simple

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Deano
religion is one big scam
simple

Ya... What does that have to do with this thread? confused

Atlantis001
Antichrist = B*****it

debbiejo
Well, in bible history, antichrist meant against Christ or "Not" Christ like...and since I've found in Paul time and he was the one mentioning it, Christ or Christos also stood for "Doers of Good", so antichrist could be doers of wrong, or evil...

Superfly4000
So what of this Left Behind nonsense then? Is jesus really gonna make people dissapear?

Shakyamunison
So what of this Left Behind nonsense then? Is jesus really gonna make people dissapear?

It's kinda like the Christan propaganda, you had better be one of us or you will get left behind. Other than that, it's not true!

finti
well he is supposed to be good doing magical tricks so..........

debbiejo
The propaganda was started in the Middle Ages, not before.

finti
Propaganda "Dr Mabuse"

Chibi Boy
Originally posted by Deano
religion is one big scam
simple
No, you mean:
Fact is one big scam, simple

finti
laughing out loud laughing out loud talk about being way out of your league

debbiejo
First of all....according to the church...the temple has to be rebuilt first....before the Rapture.... Now how's that gonna happen if the Dome of the Rock is there?

terd40
is there any mension of jesus talking about an anti-christ?

debbiejo
Jesus I think just talked about the "Great and Terrible day of the Lord."...I'll have to look it up......I think it was mainly OT Daniel...and maybe Paul...

THOUGH I'VE HEARD RUMORS......

Shakyamunison
Jesus I think just talked about the "Great and Terrible day of the Lord."...I'll have to look it up......I think it was mainly OT Daniel...and maybe Paul...

THOUGH I'VE HEARD RUMORS......

laughing

Superfly4000
That would make sense though. Wouldn't the antichrist hide in the form of a christian conservative?

debbiejo
Not sure, cause the Jews would also have to accept him...I don't think they would accept a Christian....

Inspectah Deck

Who said they are?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.