New Ruroni Kenshin rpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raven_959
Himura Kenshin
aka "Hitokiri Battosai"
Before the end of the Tokugawa period, Kenshin was a killer for the government. He disappeared during the final battle that led to the downfall of the Tokugawa Shogunate. After the Meiji Restoration in 1868, he saw the error of his ways and wandered Japan as a ronin (masterless samurai) for ten years. Upon meeting Kaoru, his life changes and he begins to settle down and begin to care about people once again.
His school of fighting is the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu, which specializes in quick sword strikes that kill instantly. He was given the name "Battosai," which means "master of sheathing a sword," because his attacks were so fast. However, at the end of the Meiji Restoration, Kenshin renounces killing and uses only a sakabatou (reversed-blade sword). He now uses his sword to protect rather than kill.

Kamiya Kaoru
Since her father was killed in the war, responsibility for running the family doujo fell to young Kaoru. She is the one who first identifies Kenshin as Hitokiri Battosai and challenges him to a fight. Her pure heart and gentleness touch Kenshin and he accepts her offer to stay at the doujo. As the story progresses, their relationship continues to grow, and Kaoru seems to be harboring feelings for Kenshin. Feelings that she won't openly admit, however. And when she gets angry, Kenshin usually bears the brunt of her rage.

Myojin Yahiko
Son of a samurai, Yahiko fancies himself a samurai as well. He is a little young to truly fit the bill, but his heart is in the right place. And after being rescued by Kenshin from the thieves guild, he finds a home at the Kamiya doujo. Kaoru begins schooling him in her family's fighting techniques. Thus, Yahiko joins his surrogate family at the doujo. In this environment, he resolves to become as great a fighter as he can be. He idolizes Kenshin and wants to become as strong as he is so he can protect the ones he loves.

Sagara Sanosuke
When he was young, Sanosuke was a junior member of the Sekihora squad. When the squad was betrayed by the Meiji government, he saw its leader and his idol, Sagara Souzo, beheaded. As a result, Sanosuke hates the Meiji government. To honor his fallen idol, he took the surname of Sagara. He wears the chinese character for "evil" on his back. He is incredibly strong and uses a very large sword to defeat his enemies. It took defeat at the hands of Kenshin to make him realize that he was going about things the wrong way, and he too joined the others at the Kamiya doujo.

Takani Megumi
The daughter of a renowned doctor, she is the only surviving member of her family. The doctor she was working for in Tokyo was helping another to distill opium. When this doctor was killed, Megumi was forced to help in the manufacture of the opium. When she met Kenshin and Sanosuke, she managed to break free of the terrible life she was forced to lead. When she was freed, she became the local doctor for the area around the doujo. Her medical skills are exceptional and she often finds herself dressing wounds that the others sustain in battle. She is attracted to Kenshin.

Saito Hajime
Saito is based on an actual historical figure. Saito was a member of the Shinsengumi, but after the Meiji Restoration, he joined the police force. His motto is "Kill whoever is evil," which is why he joined the police. He and Kenji have had past encounters and although Saito considers Kenshin an enemy, he forms an alliance with him later on in the series to defeat a greater evil.

Shinomori Aoshi
The head of the Oniwabanshuu (Ninjas), Aoshi becomes consumed with revenge against Kenshin. When they first fought, Kenshin defeated him; Aoshi wants a rematch to reclaim honor for the Oniwabanshuu. He becomes so obsessed with defeating Kenshin that he even betrays his fellow ninjas and allies himself with Shishio.

Machimaki Misao
A young ninja Kenshin meets en route to Kyoto, Misao is a rather headstrong girl. At first she journeys with Kenshin rather reluctantly, but when she is betrayed by Aoshi, she joins his cause. She is the granddaughter of the former head of the ninja clan.

Shishio Makoto
Shishio succeeded Kenshin as "Hitokiri," and his methods were much more aggressive. He became embroiled in so many dirty dealings in fact that the Meiji Government ordered him killed, because what he knew could destroy the new government. Despite being wounded and set afire, Shishio survived. Now enraged, Shishio seeks to claim power for himself and the destruction of the Meiji Government for its betrayal. His goals is power absolute; he does not care who or what gets in his way.

if you would like to play a made-up character, post the description of the character in this thread.

riku harada
ok. that's good. now put all of that in the first thread at the top of this forum. needs mod approval.

Raven_959
how?

riku harada
i'll do it for you.

Raven_959
how long will it take?

riku harada
depends. ush has o say yes.

Raven_959
can u repeat that?

riku harada
ush is the mod. he needs to say yes to this rp.

Raven_959
so ur going to ask ush?

Raven Guardia
I have a question, is this based on a show or made up? embarrasment never heard about it before embarrasment

Temp3r
Its based on an anime & manga series. It was, and may still be, quite popular.

JacopeX
Hell yea.

AdventYomi13
so can we just pic a character?

Raven_959
ya u can pick a character,or u can create one.

Raven_959
im ruroni kenshin

AdventYomi13
i'm aoshi

Raven_959
Ruroni*is sitting up against the wall asleep*

Honda_Tadakatsu
(( Love yer Sig Raven, Champloo is one of the only Anime's i can stand, and i love it.))

Here is my made up character:
(Last name first mind you)

Name: Honda Tadakatsu
Specs: 6'1'', 175 pounds
Attributes: Master Swordsman, Wandering Samurai
Bio: Honda Tadakatsu is a descendant of the famous samurai that served under Tokugawa Ieyasu. He was part of a minor clan after the shogunate fell apart and was taken over by the meiji and has since become a wandering samurai... A killer for hire. He feels that the only way to get back the honor that he has lost over the years is to take vengeance upon those who did him wrong and shamed his family: The Meiji. Therefore, he only takes contracts that involve the death of Meiji officers or Personal. He took a contract from the Meiji only once, and he never fulfilled it. It was to Kill Ruroni Kenshin. (I plan on starting from that part... So tell us when to begin!)

Raven_959
honda u can join the rpg ok?

Honda_Tadakatsu
Cool, just tell us when you get permission/

Raven_959
i just got done asking and the mod said it was ok.

silvertsume
i want misao! eek!

Raven_959
ok u can be her

Raven_959
anyone else want 2 join? i got permission!

Raven_FAN
sure if its not dead

Raven_959
look at the front page and choose ur character.

Saratn
i would like to join. can i be Sagara Sanosuke?

Raven_959
yes u can.

Raven_FAN
Takani Megumi

Raven_959
yes u can
Raven_Fan

Raven_FAN
YES!!!!

Honda_Tadakatsu
Honda Tadakatsu was seen walking throught the small town he was Prefect over. The town was nearly unknown to the government, so all business was handled by him. He was a gentle ruler, but always stern in his ideals. He was walking toward the bridge into town when he saw a dust cloud in the distance. "Damn." He thought and went back to his house quickly and got the Murasama Blade that was passed down from generation to generation in his family, started by the First Honda Tadakatsu. He also grabbed the Star Pike. This Spear was like none other. It had a Star at the point where the blade and handle connected. The pike itself was ornate, and was given to the first Tadakatsu from Ieyasu Tokugawa, the second Shogun of Japan. He rode out to the Bridge on his horse, Kanastubakaze, a grey haired steed of impressive strength. He waited, and he saw that the dust cloud was in fact his biggest fear.

The 8 horseman were Government enforcers. Warriors of new using old age weaponry, they were young, brash, and untrained. Tadakatsu waited. They stopped. "IS this Hakone?" The leader asked, a man of his late 20's. "Yes, and you will leave right now." Tadakatsu said. "Ha! And what are you going to do to stop me from slaughtering this whole village?" "This."

Tadakatsu rode forth, the star pike sight straight ahead. He charged the leader. The man, having no weapon long enough, knew not what to do and was impaled straight threw the pike. Tadakatsu let go of the pike, the man falling off his horse. The others jumped on Tadkatsu, taking him off his steed. He jumped back, and drew the sword, it glinted Gold in the sun. He waited. the young men charged at him. Tadakatsu fended off an overhand killing blow and followed through with a stab through the chest. 2 dead. Another two got on either side, Tadakatsu drawing his Wakazashi, he fended off both. He let one chop the others arm off when the both struck at once, then threw the wakazashi at the armless man, impaling him in the face. He cross cut the other guy in half and watched as the man gushe blood from everywhere. 4 dead. 3 more came at him. One was cut down before he knew what happened as Tadakatsu quick charged in, cutting him in two. He then kicked another, sending him back as he out stabbed with his sword, impaling another, killing him. He used the momentum to swing around and kill the last guy with a decapitation. The final man, the youngest, was bound and told off.

"Listen, take these heads back to your government and tell them we don't need them." Tadakatsu sliced one ear of the man and handed it to him "Don't let me ever see you again."

SamuraiSquirrel
can i be Hajime Saito?

Raven_959
Yes u can samurai

SamuraiSquirrel
as my first duty (being a policeman in the RP, haha i know my shows) i am going to arrest that one sano.

Raven_959
who r u talking to?

SamuraiSquirrel
nobody, i just got really bored, so i posted crap, it wont happen again, now if you will excuse me, there is a bunneh i must catch *runs after bunneh with hands near feet* (thats the last one)

Raven_959
that's funny! lol

Raven_FAN
when can we start.......

Raven_959
I'll start

Ruroni*is sitting up against the wall sleeping*

SamuraiSquirrel
((what the who is Rurouni? is that a character you made up?))

Raven_959
Ruroni kenshin is a character in the rpg.

SamuraiSquirrel
so its a made up? you need to specify, if your Himoura Kenshin, then you do not go by Rurouni, lol rurouni means wanderer i think.

Bankotsu's
yea it does
who am i again?

Blood_Flower
Name: Hiko Seijuro (13th inheritance)
Alias: Shishou(Kenshin, his pupil), Kakunoshin Niitsu(former alias)
Date of Birth: 10 / 1836
Zodiac Symbol: Scorpio
The ever-important Blood type: O
Style of Fighting: Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu
Waza (special techniques): RyuShoSen, RyuTsuiSen, SouRyuSen, SouRyuSen-Ikazuchi, RyuSouSen, RyuKanSen, KuzuRyuSen (known as his favorite), AmaKakeruRyuNoHirameki (Secret Stance)
Weapon of Choice: Shirasaya Nihontou (sword with wooden hilt and scabbard)
Love Interests: NONE
Family: UNKNOWN

Hobbies/Interests:
Hiko spends most of his time alone, as somewhat of a hermit. He did not involve himself in the Bakumatsu turmoil, so that he may use his power for helping others, and not wasting lives senselessly. His main pastimes include his continuous practice of Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu, and pottery.

Behavior/Mentality:
Being master of one of the most lethal fighting styles ever conceived has some perks. Hiko has an arrogance streak, which some may find very annoying(as Kenshin does), or the coolest thing since rice(the Oniwabanshuu ninjas ^_^). However, despite all of his talk, he can without question back up his words, as he did in his battle with Fuji, one of Shishio's greatest warriors. He feels that no one is possibly equal to him in skill, intelligence, and suave looks, which is partly true. Hiko, a master among masters, shows great wisdom and compassion for other warriors, as he did, again, with Fuji.

Personality: Seijuro was the 13th inheritor of Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu. If there is anyone in the series who is actually stronger then Kenshin, it's him... at least until Kenshin masters the Ama Kakeru Ryu no Hiramaki. (what a mouthful)

He's a big quiet guy whose never seen without his Sake or his big white and red mantle

SamuraiSquirrel
you have to go back and find out what your post was sayin who you were, but i remeber that i am saito.

Raven_959
Himura is ruroni.

Blood_Flower

SamuraiSquirrel
your friend has a point, nobody calls him rurouni, cause it is actually a made up word, silly rabit tricks are for kids.

Blood_Flower
What the hell does it have too do with the Bunny-Turd from Cereal commercials?

SamuraiSquirrel
i just like to say that type of stuff, shall we start?

Blood_Flower
Sure.

SamuraiSquirrel
(k) Siato walked along the road, he loved the night patrol, it gave him more chances to rid the streets of the wicked, during the day not many people would actually cause problems, but at night is when all the theives and such came out. he took severals steps

Raven_959
Himura*dashes through the night near saito*

Blood_Flower
Hiko was in the dark damp alleyways of Kyoto, Japan looking for someone by the name of ' Battusai. ' The one that he had teached so long ago, Hiko was in dark blue burgundy robes with a red long cloth that tied his dark blue robes. He had his Shirasaya Nihontou sword sheathed in a dark blue velvet sheath that was nicely carved in beautiful designs, The Shirasaya Nihontou was also legendary, with this sword he had killed thousands. No one lived through this sword, Hiko then suddenly came up against 6 mercenaries with chains and swords. He stepped back a few steps and then unsheathed his sword as one of them ran towards him, Hiko plunged his sword into it's gut and send the man flying down to the ground. Dead, suddenly two more of them ran towards him. He grabbed the first one and sliced the man in half, still holding the dead man. He moved his sword into it's neck, as it came out on the top of his scalp. From it's tongue all the way to it's scalp, He suddenly took the sword out of it and blood splashed through it's forehead and it fell on the ground leaving a trail of blood on the wall. Suddenly the remaining three was there shocked as how Hiko killed them in a matter of minutes. Then two of the mercenaries ran towards him with chains. Swinging at him, he ducked and plunged the Shirasaya Nihontou into it's left gut and then send the man fall back on the floor blood spilling from it's guts. The other one came towards him and luckily hit him in his left arm. Then it skinned alittle of his arm, he chuckled lightly and plunged the sword into it's chest and sliced it through the chest all the way through the head, it collapsed on the floor. A pool of blood everywhere. The last mercenarie stood there in shock, as it shaked in fear. He then pushed the man into the wall, and then sliced his throat without any regret or remorse. There was a huge bounty on his head that everyone wants to get, he was a very wanted man. Hiko looked over at his left arm and watched the blood drip from his fingertips and dripped on the floor. He ignored it and suddenly walked away, blood still dripping carelessly.

SamuraiSquirrel
OOC: sorry for my short post, class ended, and i had to fly, so i just sent it as it were. Siato noticed something odd about the air, it was funny as he tried not to go and point out the fact that this person was going around as if he was wasnt even there, he stoped and flicked his blade out of its sheath, and let it sit right before this not so hidden persons throat. "did you really think you could sneak up on me did you battousai?" he said laughingly as he sheathed his sword once more and took a step back from him. "so what brings you here?"
OOC: hey blood, put more detail behind your killings ok?

Raven_959
Himura* comes out and says,"i'm always in the dark,mainly."*

Raven_959
Himura "who the heck is this battousai ur talking about. if u think i'm him i'm not."

SamuraiSquirrel
OOC; dude the "*" is for only when you do actions.

Raven_959
Himura*dashes off into the night.*

SamuraiSquirrel
DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD THREAD, YOU HAVE DIED BEFORE YOU EVEN STARTED, YOUR ARE NON-EXISTANT

stuey
(i'm rurouni keep thread alive and i''m stuey the thread revivor muahaaa)

stuey
(i'm kenshin)

Raven_959
ok then im a made up character.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.