AOTC Jedi Survivors

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gundark
So how many Jedi did die in the battle scene. I saw Obi Wan kneeling at somebody's body.....

yerssot
around the 188, thought they sent 200

Gundark
where did you get this information ?

yerssot
you know, that question keeps bugging me the whole time! If I knew it, I would tell you!

Raz
I think there were about twelve survivors in the circle they made at the battle, and they sent in all the Jedis they had...

Gundark
If anybody's gonna have accurate numbers it will be Raz or Ush.

Raz
OK, heres a more official answer:

There were 16 survivors of which 15 were Jedi big grin

yerssot
sure 'bout that?

Dim
Are the exact number so important?..

yerssot
yes big grin

Raz
Well some peeps here are kinda tooo die-hard fans. You gotta please 'em. big grin

yerssot
I thought 12 survived, but one was not a Jedi

Ushgarak
However, I don't think we saw anything close to 100 Jedi in that battle.

yerssot
that's because we only concentrated on a small thing of the battle

Ushgarak
Yeah, the part where ALL the Jedi were...

Also,, as Ki-Adi Mundi was clearly seen attacking the arena, I wonbder if that whole thing about him attacking the DCS was even vaguely true?

yerssot
or they digitally got him in to cover it up?

Darth Ninja
With all the action at the end, I didn't see Plo Koon get killed, if he was. Perhaps he was on the ship that got shot down as the Jedi left the arena?

yerssot
if you tell me how he looks again, I might give you an answer
(I'm always confusing some people of the TPM JC)

ToMacco
He's the orange looking guy with a black mask on.

He was one of he characters in Jedi Power Battles.

yerssot
tx
DN, he didn't got killed, when they stop shooting at the Jedi, they bring in Ki-Adi Mundi and Plo Koon in the circle

(I mixed him up with that hairy dude)

Gundark
I agree with Ush...there was not 100 Jedi in that arena. 50, figuratively, maybe.

finti
hmm dont have an opinion here have to check it out further in my second viewing of the film

Gundark
I just came home from round two. Studied the arena scene closely... not near 100..

finti
hmm have to look closer at that

Gundark
I wonder who was buried next to Shmi. There were 2 other markers there.

finti
probably other members of the Lars family

Gundark
Maybe Cliegg's first wife ?

finti
Yeah I would so

LanceWindu
I hate you guys.

Being able to see AOTC twice before I even see it once.

You should be ashamed.

finti
and so should you with those affection of yours toward us

LanceWindu
Just to let you know I am kidding. It's just that I really want to watch it!

Gundark
Well then stop reading these threads you idiot ! stick out tongue

LanceWindu
Why should I stop reading these threads?

Julie
Because Gundy told you so that's why!

LanceWindu
Yes ma'am, you sure can be bossy.

I like it!

yerssot
isn't there a spoiler from T'Bone about this all?

master harmax
A spoiler about Lance not having seen the film yet ? From T'Bone ? I doubt it ! I doubt he even cares ! big grin

yerssot
why not? he's me big grin

master harmax
Oh my gosh !!!!!!!!!!! eek! eek! :eek Chancellor Palaptine !!!!!!!! He's the sith lord Darth Sidious !!!!! eek! eek! eek!

yerssot
yeah, creepy isn't it?

LanceWindu
Whoa there. You're Palpatine or am I reading this wrong?

master harmax
It was a neo-realist attempt at left off centre humour lance ! u know ! yess reveals he's t'bone. palpatine reveals he's sidious.
Marijuana jokes ! wink

Captain REX
Here's a pic of the survivors.

There are 7 Jedi and 1 senator that I recognize and know by name and by sight out of the 14 in the picture. They are:

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Anakin Skywalker
Mace Windu
Padme Naberrie
Kit Fisto
Bultar Swan
Shaak Ti
Adi Gallia

The other 5 in the picture I have no idea who they are. Some of them look vaguely like characters I've seen before.

Quinlan Vos
Eeth Koth

I could believe that Quinlan Vos is there, because his Padawan Aayla Secura is in the movie aswell. But if that is Eeth Koth in the ring of Jedi, I looks like shaved his head.

Anyone know any other Jedi standing in the ring of survivors? confused

peluffo
the one behind anakin is Lt Worf from USS Enterprise.

Captain REX
laughing out loud

Well, that's the one that reminds me of Quinlan Vos.

Jedi Mercenary
Plo Koon, he DOESN'T die, as I think you told me CR.

Captain REX
Yeah, I don't think he does.

I read somewhere that Ki-Adi-Mundi and Plo Koon storm the DCS. They push buttons to turn off the droids, but the Trade Federation has learned from it's mistakes, and the droids don't. But Mundi and Koon think the droids are off until a droid shoots Plo Koon. Koon is rushed to a hospital-type place in the Jedi Temple after the battle.

Who is left sitting in the JC room at the end of the movie? I know Yoda is. How about Mace, and Mundi?

Ushgarak
Mundi is clealry alive and those rumours about storming the DCS appear to be so much nonsense; the DCS ships were protected by a droid army and were attacked AFTER the arena scene and Mudni is clearly seen activating his sabre to attack the arena; he was not elsewhere.

Captain REX
Hmm, I see. I haven't seen the movie yet, so I wouldn't know. sad

But I should be able to see it Wednesday!!! big grin

So who is left sitting in the JC room after the battle?

yerssot
in TPM:
Yoda, Mace Windu, Yaddle, Saesee Tiin, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Adi Gallia, Oppo Rancisis, Even Piell, Eeth Koth, Yarael Poof, Plo Koon, Depa Billaba

(is it just me or did Oppo got a tail in AOTC??)

in AOTC:
(before the battle)
Plo Koon, Mace Windu, Yoda, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Saesee Tiin, Shaak Ti, Even Piell, Oppo Rancisis, Adi Gallia, Sarr (something), Eeth Koth, Depa Billaba

from the pic:
OB1, Mace, Padme, Anakin, Eeth Koth (NOT Quinlan Vos! who has a yellow mark on his face!), can't see the next one, Adi Gallia, ???, Shaak Ti, ???, ???, ???, ???, Kit Fisto

mind you, Plo and Mundi still have to come into the picture

Captain REX
Well, we've never seen Oppo on his feet before, only sitting like a bum in the JC room.

yerssot
watched AOTC...

It's not Eeth Koth, it's another Idorniak

survivers that I haven't written down yet: Plo Koon, Aayla Secura, one of those two women jedi (name forgotten).

that's two to go... can someone say if Mundi survives?

Ushgarak
Almost certainly, unless he died after the point that we see him next to Windu after the gunships arrive.

yerssot
now you say so...

ok, that's one down, still one to go,
human, long black hair...

Bespin Bart
Luminara Unduli and Barriss Offee are the two women Jedi.

ToMacco
he he. This Bespin Bart dude has got a good taste in pictures.

Jedi Mercenary
There was a padawan too, I think he's the one that Obi-Wan checks.

yerssot
not really a survivor then huh?

Ushgarak
Check out sw.com and recent Jedi Council questions.

Adi Gallia is not at the final battle, but she is in the Council scenes earlier in the film.

yerssot
think rex posted that already

Ushgarak
Really? Well, still relevant to update this thread, I guess.

yerssot
ofcourse, it belongs here

Captain REX
Now I know who they all are in the pic. Saw the movie and been online, so on and so forth:

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Mace Windu
Padme Amidala Naberrie
Anakin Skywalker
Eeth Koth
Luminara Unduli
Stass Allie
Bultar Swan
Shaak Ti
??? (Zabrak)
??? (Human or Weequay)
Saesee Tiin
??? (Human)
Kit Fisto

The other survivors of the Battle of Geonasis are:

Aayla Secura
Barris Offee
Yoda
Ki-Adi-Mundi
Plo Koon

And of course: Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus

That should rap up the survivors with lightsabers and blasters that we know or are seen.

yerssot
once again...that is NOT eeth koth, look at the haircolor

the one standing above OB1, can that be Plo Koon? or one of his species?

Captain REX
Well, Eeth Koth is somewhere in that circle...

No, that was Saesee Tiin. If you remember, Ki-Adi-Mundi and Plo Koon were added to the circle of Jedi when Dooku gave them a last chance. Then the clonetroopers came.

Captain REX
Then there's the switch of Council members during the time between TPM and AOTC. The colored names are according to lightsaber color at the time. White means I don't know the color.

The Jedi Council in TPM:

Yoda
Mace Windu
Adi Gallia
Plo Koon
Eeth Koth
Even Piell
Depa Billaba
Oppo Rancisis
Ki-Adi-Mundi
Yaddle
Yarael Poof
Saesee Tiin

The Jedi Council in AOTC:

Yoda
Mace Windu
Adi Gallia
Plo Koon
Ki-Adi-Mundi
Eeth Koth
Saesee Tiin
Shaak Ti
Sarr Labooda
Oppo Rancisis
Depa Billaba
Even Piell

yerssot
that was also posted already...

I have another picture from a slightly different angle and the one that I thought that could be Plo is indeed Saesee Tiin

Captain REX
That's what I said.

Here's the remains of the Jedi Council after the battle, before assigning new members:

Yoda
Mace Windu
Ki-Adi-Mundi
Plo Koon
Adi Gallia
Shaak Ti

Who do you think will be on the Council in Episode III, if they have new members? I think Kit Fisto and Luminara Unduli might be two of them.

LanceWindu
I think that they will leave it to the survivors. As a monument of sorts to their fallen comrades.

yerssot
I used the word "indeed"

Will we even see the JC? I don't really think so actually

Captain REX
There is a chance. Maybe Vader walks in and kills them all and Yoda escapes and runs like hell. Another amazing Force power from Yoda. laughing out loud

yerssot
that would mean some new aliens...again

Captain REX
laughing out loud I wonder what species Sarr Labooda is. I know that Shaak Ti is from Glee Anslem, although I forget the species.

yerssot
they don't need to say it though

Julie
I'm surprised that both Luminara and Baris make it out alive......Though I did only see Luminara

yerssot
well, Plo, Mundi and Secure got in the group later

Julie
I think I asked this before and forgot the answer....did both bariss and luminara live through the arena fight?

Did Adi Gallia even fight in the Battle of Genosis?.....in jedi starfighter (x-box/ playstation2 game) she's flying during the battle, but I don't even recall her in the council room during EpII

Ushgarak
She is in the Council Room earlier. She is not at the fight.

finti
or we are just unable to spot her in hte fight

Ushgarak
Nope, it has been specified by Lucasfilm that she wasn't at the fight.

finti
where?

Ushgarak
Well, there was a certain amount of confusion over a person that looks like Adi Gallia but isn't. And in statements clearing up that confusion they confirmed that she wasn't there. You can check it out at the website.

LanceWindu
Yeah I've seen it.

She looks almost identical to Gallia.

Captain REX
She's a close relative. Her name is Stass Allie.

I've confirmed it: the guy who Yerss says isn't Eeth Koth IS in fact Eeth Koth. He's a survivor.

IN YOUR FACE! stick out tongue

There are a few other Jedi that are not photographed, but they are there. There's this dark-skinned Jedi with black hair and a ponytail-type hairdew.

Captain REX
Do you think that in one of the Databank entries at the Official Site they'll put the N*stink characters and Ray Park's Jedi? Ray Park was there during the arena battle, or so I've heard.

Who the hell is Pablo-Jill? He was a Jedi in the battle that ignited his lightsaber next to Coleman Trebor (Sarr Labooda was his assumed name roll eyes (sarcastic) ) in the arena. But why do we care, he's not even on the Council!

finti
never the less he/ she/it was part of the story

Julie
Capt. Rex....who was the "n-stink" jedi???

Captain REX
N*Sync. One of the Jedi throwing the sabers to Ob1 and Anakin was a N*Sync member. The other was Steve Sansweet from the Official Site...I think.

But do you think that the Official Site will say anything more on that subject of the N*Sync members being in the film? Make a few databank entries just to let you know that they were going to be part of the film?

yerssot
and Rex, I have read several reports of N'SYNC fans that clearly say it's one that looks like him but is definitly not him, believe what you will...

And can you give me the source of that Eeth Koth? It's NOT on the official site btw

Julie
(whining...though I really don't give one way or another)
Will somebody please just tell me straight...is a member of N'sync in AOTC or not?????

finti
NOT

yerssot
I couldn't give a more clearer answer than finti...
all the other things you've heared are FALSE, NSYNC fans have watched the movies and they ALL have said no-one of that group was found on screen

Captain REX
I read somewhere that Joey Fatone of N*Sync and Steve Sansweet were the two Jedi tossing sabers to Ob1 and Ani, but half a second goes by too fast to tell who it really is.

Dexx
yeah...taht's known till now....i dunno where i heard it...and i hate n'sync

finti
we all do

Julie
you know what...for my own sanity I think I'll just go along with Finti's answer and put my poor mind at ease...( though I never was in too much turmoil over the situation wink )

yerssot
N fans have said that he wasn't that one

mah
well that really doesn't mattersmile

Dexx
unless he gave us some vocal.....naah...better he didn't

yerssot
AOTC is one of the better movies mesa thinks

Captain REX
Yes, it is.

What people make an appearance as background Jedi Knights fighting in the Arena? Like Ray Parks and stuff.

yerssot
well, it's very unclear and most people are not known that well

yerssot

Captain REX
You beat me to it Yerss! smile

You were right, it's not Eeth Koth.

There were others in the Arena that had names, but were blown to tiny pieces, such as Belsed Qan-Idan...

Captain REX
Chellemi Chuovvick...

Captain REX
Jabidus Inspra...

Captain REX
Jojighar...

Captain REX
Jor Drakus...

Captain REX
Kel Finn-Surr...

Captain REX
Morvet Storm...

Captain REX
Quarmall...

Captain REX
Soara Antana...

Captain REX
Stam Reath...

Captain REX
...and Winso Bykart. There was also Pablo-Jill and Coleman Trebor, and two Nikto Jedi Knights.

yerssot
yes... err... nice Rex...

btw, the new JC question is about thie survivors too smile

Captain REX
You mean the one about Barriss Offee surviving the battle, right?

I keep asking questions to the JC and they never answer! mad

yerssot
yup, that one...

of course they don't, rex! They only take questions that are mostly rediculous, once in three months there is a good one

Captain REX
My most recent question asked: "Who is the Jedi that Obi-Wan Kenobi is checking when Dooku tells them to surrender?"

yerssot
don't think they will ever answer that one

Captain REX
Sometimes I wonder if it's not really people asking. roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
who will know...
so this finally ends the long disussion about who was in the circle... now... who survived the battle?

Captain REX
We know that Mace Windu survived the battle in the Arena and on the dusty battlefields of Geonasis. Probability is that most of the ring of Jedi survivors survived. Just my 2 cents.

Julie
lots and lots died..... sad

finti
I belive that everyone of the ring survived the battle that occured when the clone troopers came to the aid

yerssot
think the same finti,
but you had Oris or something like that (appeared in Aproaching Storm) she wasn't in the circle but SWJC answered that specific question with saying she DID survived

finti
hmm kind of euish sick

yerssot
well, it isn't EU, I just don't remember her name but I know she was one of the leading role players in Approaching Storm

Baris Offee and someone else... don't know the name

Julie
Luminara Unduli?

yerssot
yup, that's the one

finti
that aint euish???

Julie
now finti's not making sense either..

finti
not to the feeble minded no, but to the brighter ones....big grin

yerssot
because I didn't knew the name I said she was in that book, in the hope someone like Julie could help me out which she did

Julie
glad to know I could help you......sometimes finti...you might be too bright for your own good....

finti
Still it was EU stuff

Julie
does anyone else feel that the battle of Geonosis was a rather costly battle for the jedi....?

Ushgarak
I think that was the idea.

yerssot
Jules... if you go with 10 000 and come back with only a few (don't know the EXACT amount anymore, thought I knew it), it IS costly stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Not that they went with 10000, or anything close to that.

finti
looks like there were maybe around a 100 maybe fewer than that.
I know there was 200 in the novel but it doesent look like that many in the film

yerssot
hmmm, I pressed a few 0 too much embarrasment

Ushgarak
Understood.

Julie
Actually, in the AOTC movie...it doesn't even appear to be more than 75 or something...at least jedi...there were lots and lots of clones.

yerssot
perhaps 100 Jedi died trying to get in the arena

Ushgarak
There was no fighting before they got in the arena!

Captain REX
I think the name you were looking for was Barris Offee, Yerss.

There was also the brigade that was cut from the film that raided the Droid Control Ship. That's why Ki-Adi-Mundi, Plo Koon, and Aayla Secura were lead into the ring. There must of been many Jedi killed there.

You know, the only reason the Official Site told us the names of the Arena survivors was because it was coming out in an Insider magazine soon?

yerssot
Julie answered it, but thanks again smile

And that scene is cancelled, so why would there still be Jedi killed there?

Captain REX
Um...because I think it would have been cool? big grin

yerssot
you think teletubbies are cool too stick out tongue

finti
about jedi survivors http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/jocasta/askjc20020903.html

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>