who is marvels wonderwoman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stormfront13
ok, who is wonderwomans counterpart in marvel?

armandovalles
Well this is how i see it when it comes to Marvel/DC Counterparts:

Batman/Captain America
Captain Marvel/Hercules
Superman/Thor
Solomon Grundy/Savage Hulk
Green Lantern and Sentinel/Quasar and Jack of Hearts (interchangeable)
Flash/Quicksilver
Zatanna/Scarlet Witch
Atom/Yellowjacket
Dr. Fate/Dr. Strange
Wonder Woman/Warbird
Green Arrow/Hawkeye
Martian Manhunter/Wonder Man
Aquaman/Namor
Red Tornado/ Vision
Power Girl/ She-Hulk
Black Canary/ Wasp
Firestorm/ Genis-Vell
Thunderbolt/ Photon

ScarletSpider
I have a few differing opinions on the parallel characters, but overall, I would say that Danvers--Ms. Marvel/Warbird is Marvel's Wonder Woman. Though a less convincing case could be made for Valkyrie.

However Binary Danvers is in a different class, I think. Too Cosmic.

stormfront13
well not only power wise, but personality wise also and I don't see it in warbird. I was thinking storm. i mean they were amalgamed together, they were the ones who fought in marvel VS dc. diana is an ambassador, while storm is the head of the X.S.E. they both are very exotic and represent godhood and royalty as well as magic. there are a lot more similarities, but I will post more later

Next Venom_girl
As in iconic, powerful, female superhero...
or someone who's always getting tied up?

Khellendros
Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
As in iconic, powerful, female superhero...
or someone who's always getting tied up?
laughing

Hopefully the second.. >_>

DarkCrawler
Storm. I think they are similar. Caring, compassionate...but you still don't want to mess with them.

ALEMASTER
warbird is the marvel wonderwoman or she hulk

grey fox
miss marvel/war-bird is wonderwomans marvel they are too alike

storm/wonder-woman ... nah not even close power-wise or character wise ...and any second now stormfront is going to flame me over my opinion or bring up soem fact that a fanboy writer made to make storm a more powerfull character even though she doesn't deserve it .

HigH ScholaR
perhaps

thor girl or is that more of a super girl counterpart

willRules
Originally posted by stormfront13
ok, who is wonderwomans counterpart in marvel?

I am!!!!

2guns

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by armandovalles
Well this is how i see it when it comes to Marvel/DC Counterparts:

Batman/Captain America
Captain Marvel/Hercules
Superman/Thor
Solomon Grundy/Savage Hulk
Green Lantern and Sentinel/Quasar and Jack of Hearts (interchangeable)
Flash/Quicksilver
Zatanna/Scarlet Witch
Atom/Yellowjacket
Dr. Fate/Dr. Strange
Wonder Woman/Warbird
Green Arrow/Hawkeye
Martian Manhunter/Wonder Man
Aquaman/Namor
Red Tornado/ Vision
Power Girl/ She-Hulk
Black Canary/ Wasp
Firestorm/ Genis-Vell
Thunderbolt/ Photon

I don't think spiderman has an alternate though he's one of a kind. (I'm not saying you did, btw)

Do you think supes is more like gladiator or sentry...

stormfront13
Originally posted by grey fox
miss marvel/war-bird is wonderwomans marvel they are too alike

storm/wonder-woman ... nah not even close power-wise or character wise ...and any second now stormfront is going to flame me over my opinion or bring up soem fact that a fanboy writer made to make storm a more powerfull character even though she doesn't deserve it .

and you were right, character-wise they are very, very similar. they have almost the same backround. both have been tough and independant since the beginning. wonder woman comes from the amazons, storm comes from an african tribe that was similar to amazons. both are sort of ambassadors, ww is one, and storm is the head of the xse. they both represent loyalty and power and have vowed to never to kill, but they have broken it. both are very compassionate and loving, but you don't want to get on their bad side. also one of the points of the amalgams was to put together Dc people with their marvel counterparts. storm and wonderwoman were paired to make amazon. also in marvel VS DC, they were to fight their counterparts and storm and wonder woman fought. and she doesn't deserve to be powerful? then you need to read her history.

booper
my aunt looks like the wonder woman in the series

manjaro
when it comes to counterparts its not really about personality its about powers, now warbird is the closest parrallel(albiet a much less powerful one) and a similar case could be made for rogue as well. or any female that has a combo of speed, flight, strentgh and invulnerability

stormfront13
it isn't totally about powers, but to me..

powers-warbird(non binary)

personality-storm

grey fox
and you were right, character-wise they are very, very similar. they have almost the same backround. both have been tough and independant since the beginning. wonder woman comes from the amazons, storm comes from an african tribe that was similar to amazons. both are sort of ambassadors, ww is one, and storm is the head of the xse. they both represent loyalty and power and have vowed to never to kill, but they have broken it. both are very compassionate and loving, but you don't want to get on their bad side. also one of the points of the amalgams was to put together Dc people with their marvel counterparts. storm and wonderwoman were paired to make amazon. also in marvel VS DC, they were to fight their counterparts and storm and wonder woman fought. and she doesn't deserve to be powerful? then you need to read her history.

You seem to have case of selective hearing so let me point it out

STORM IS NO WHERE NEAR W.W CHARACTER/POWER WISE

I respect that her powers are ok but she is a bottom runger , thanks to idiot writers she has gone beyond her predestined place and is now on a stupidly high level of power (similar to wolverine but he is in the middle rung of mutants)

stormfront13
Originally posted by grey fox
You seem to have case of selective hearing so let me point it out

STORM IS NO WHERE NEAR W.W CHARACTER/POWER WISE

I respect that her powers are ok but she is a bottom runger , thanks to idiot writers she has gone beyond her predestined place and is now on a stupidly high level of power (similar to wolverine but he is in the middle rung of mutants) [/QUOTE

can you point out exctley where I said she was near ww's power level? a counterpart isn't all about their powers. a lot of it is based on who they are as a character. and according to chris claremont and tom brevvont(something like that) it has already been established that storm is wonder womans counterpart. and she is a bottom runger? to say that you obviously know nothing abhout storm and shouldn't even be contributing when talking about storm. and gone past her predestined place? her destined place of power is a goddess

roughrider
Wonder Woman is like a female Superman, except mythic-based and not as resistant to harm. Super-strength, endurance, ability to fly - DC has a few other females like this: Super Girl, Power Girl, Mary Marvel. Not a lot of Marvel women have power and flight; She-Hulk doesn't. Warbird is perhaps the closest thing to WW, though Diana could just as much be matched against a man.

You could find multiple combinations of charcters who have the apporiximate same power ranking, or just seem to hold the same position of prestige in each universe.

Superman - Thor/Gladiator
Thor - Captain Marvel/Orion
Martian Manhunter - Vision/Beta Ray Bill
Hulk - Solomon Grundy/Doomsday
Gladiator - Mon El
Wonder Man - Atom Smasher
Power Girl - She-Hulk/Rogue
Batman - Daredevil/Moon Knight/Captain America
Captain America - Guardian
Punisher - Vigilante

Seem to sit on their own, no opposite: Spiderman, Silver Surfer, Adam Warlock

Juntai
Originally posted by roughrider
Wonder Woman is like a female Superman, except mythic-based and not as resistant to harm. Super-strength, endurance, ability to fly - DC has a few other females like this: Super Girl, Power Girl, Mary Marvel. Not a lot of Marvel women have power and flight; She-Hulk doesn't. Warbird is perhaps the closest thing to WW, though Diana could just as much be matched against a man.

You could find multiple combinations of charcters who have the apporiximate same power ranking, or just seem to hold the same position of prestige in each universe.

Gladiator - Mon El
Punisher - Vigilante

Opposite of Spiderman is Blue Beetle.
Opposite of Surfer is GL.

Other than that, I'd say this is the closest list.

severance
Originally posted by roughrider

Gladiator - Mon El
Punisher - Vigilante

closest Dc to silver surfer is firestorm or GL

alot of marvel superheroes are going to sit on their own cos manty DC gusy have pretty much the same powers e.g. Superfast, strong, invulnerable and can fly

Juntai
Originally posted by severance
closest Dc to silver surfer is firestorm or GL

alot of marvel superheroes are going to sit on their own cos manty DC gusy have pretty much the same powers e.g. Superfast, strong, invulnerable and can fly Waverider, is technically surfer, but with Chronal energy and time manipulation skills as a result. Even the names are oddly similar...

Firestorm is more like molocule man.

DrDoom101
ww= she-hulk

The Ion
She-Hulk and Diana are nothing alike, powers or personality. I don't think she has a counterpart in Marvel which is why they just gave her Storm in Marvel Vs DC.

Princess Diana
Originally posted by booper
my aunt looks like the wonder woman in the series

hubba hubba

o.g. slaughter
power princess from the squadron supreme. the one with hyperion.

roughrider
Originally posted by o.g. slaughter
power princess from the squadron supreme. the one with hyperion.

Yes, but they are outside the regular Marvel Universe, so can't be considered representatives.
Power Princess Zarda IS Wonder Woman in this different reality, just like Hyperion is Superman, Nighthawk is Batman etc. In different comic universes, we are getting closer to this idea of everyone having a twin in a different universe or dimension.

roughrider
Originally posted by Juntai
Waverider, is technically surfer, but with Chronal energy and time manipulation skills as a result. Even the names are oddly similar...

Firestorm is more like molocule man.

I thought of Waverider for Surfer, but his power seems passive compared to Norrid, like a harbinger. What are the full limits for him?

Wickerman
and you were right, character-wise they are very, very similar.

i don't really see the resemblance. I always saw WW as more introverted due to the power she has, and Storm more introverted due to not being able to formulate anything interesting to say.

they have almost the same backround.

That's RIGHT!!!!! WW was a small black girl that watched her parents die, was trapped under rubble and developed claustrophobia. She then grew up as a petty thief on the streets of Cairo. Yep.....really similar thumb up

both have been tough and independant since the beginning.

no.......they haven't......what are you talking about? Storm strikes me as being pretty afraid......and not so very independent as much as too socially inept to get a guy

wonder woman comes from the amazons, storm comes from an african tribe that was similar to amazons.

Errrrrr.......other than her coming from a family of "witches" i don't see how Storm's tribe could qualify as amazon-like in any way erm ........ not to mention the "they belonged to tribes (that have nothing in common) so i'll put them both in the same "belonging to a tribe" category eek! " mentality oozing from that statement

both are sort of ambassadors, ww is one, and storm is the head of the xse. they both represent loyalty and power and have vowed to never to kill, but they have broken it.

I'll give you that.

both are very compassionate and loving, but you don't want to get on their bad side.

that goes for a LOT of female superheroes......not just WW and Storm. It goes for Supergirl, Jean, etc. etc. etc.

also one of the points of the amalgams was to put together Dc people with their marvel counterparts. storm and wonderwoman were paired to make amazon.

Again, IMO that was crap, and also a sort of "they belonged to tribes (that have nothing in common) so i'll put them both in the same "belonging to a tribe" category eek! " mentality ..........which shows nothing but lack of inspiration IMO.

also in marvel VS DC, they were to fight their counterparts and storm and wonder woman fought. and she doesn't deserve to be powerful? then you need to read her history.

A much better idea IMO would've been WW vs. Hercules.......but hey, that's just me......

SO all in all......no, i don't think Storm is WW's counterpart in Marvel. Not power-wise (yeah right.....storm can only dream) nor character-wise.

~wickerman~

stormfront13
no, believe it or not, they are very similar characters. they do have a similar backround. storm was broght up as a goddess, being trained to fight, pick-pocket, and steal. diana was brought up as a demi-goddess, and was trained in her fighting ability as well as powers. they eventually joined teams, have lead teams, and are two of the most popular female characters in comics. storm could actually be marvels most popular female character. they both represent power, royalty, magic in a way, and many other things. and yes, both storm and wonder-woman are two independant women. storm has always been independant, not relying on a man. she was the first black female superhero to lead a team, and wasn't afraid to show her opinions. also her powers show her independance, she always had to shy away from people because if she felt strong emotions, she could have hurt many people in her vicinity. and yes, most african tribes are just like the amazons. in fact, some african tribes are even called amazons, that's where the word mostly originated from. it's okay that you don't think storm is wonder-womans counterpart, but according to marvel she is.

Wickerman
no, believe it or not, they are very similar characters. they do have a similar backround. storm was broght up as a goddess, being trained to fight, pick-pocket, and steal. diana was brought up as a demi-goddess, and was trained in her fighting ability as well as powers. they eventually joined teams, have lead teams, and are two of the most popular female characters in comics. storm could actually be marvels most popular female character. they both represent power, royalty, magic in a way, and many other things. and yes, both storm and wonder-woman are two independant women. storm has always been independant, not relying on a man. she was the first black female superhero to lead a team, and wasn't afraid to show her opinions. also her powers show her independance, she always had to shy away from people because if she felt strong emotions, she could have hurt many people in her vicinity. and yes, most african tribes are just like the amazons. in fact, some african tribes are even called amazons, that's where the word mostly originated from. it's okay that you don't think storm is wonder-womans counterpart, but according to marvel she is.

According to Marvel, Venom can beat Superman roll eyes (sarcastic)
Over here we use logic wink
pick-pocketing and stealing is very different from fighting. Hell.....x23 was brought up fighting as well. Kinda like Elektra, etc. etc. Nothing to set Storm apart from the others. Other female characters have also joined teams. Storm's lead teams. SO has Emma Wise. SO has Sue Richards. Plenty of other Marvel female characters represent power, royalty, magic in a way, and many other things, Sersi for one. There are a LOT of independent women in Marvel. Wasn't the black female cap. marvel the first black female to lead a group? (avengers?) Either way, that shows no connection to WW. Lots of female characters have always had to shy away from people because of their powers and their magnitude. Storm is no different from them. One small problem. Amazons - women only. That's what set them apart wink
Again, Marvel's opinion counts for sh*t here (or should) when it comes to crossovers and such.

~wickerman~

ScarletSpider
Though their powers differ, Valkyrie and Wonder Woman are good counterparts. Both from the tribes of warrior women from their respective pantheons.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.