Darth Malak vs. Mace Windu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark Thor
Who wins? Fight's in Felucia

Darth243
mace

Luke Is Better
hasn't this been done and i think mace would win but it's pretty close

Darth_Glentract
yes it has. malak wins

Captain REX
I'd put money on Mace...

Luke Skywalker
I think Mace Windu would take this. He is physically peaked and uses a very rigid and dangerous form of lightsaber combat. Although i cannot judge the fight properly because i don't know Malak's lightsaber form. I know Malak has a very heavy injury and seems pretty damn old.

I don't know, but i am leaning towards Windu.

Fishy
It has been done before and Malak wins...

Mace is great and all but he does not have the experience, Mace could have been one of the greatest fighters ever if he would have grown up in a time of war, if he would have seen the things Malak would have seen, if he would have stayed light that is. But he didn't fight in wars all his lives, he wasn't a front line general in two huge wars either. Malak was. Malak has the experience and he is a legendaric fighter too, so my guess is Malak wins.

Luke Skywalker
Originally posted by Fishy
It has been done before and Malak wins...

Mace is great and all but he does not have the experience, Mace could have been one of the greatest fighters ever if he would have grown up in a time of war, if he would have seen the things Malak would have seen, if he would have stayed light that is. But he didn't fight in wars all his lives, he wasn't a front line general in two huge wars either. Malak was. Malak has the experience and he is a legendaric fighter too, so my guess is Malak wins.

I see.... That makes alot of sense.

Fishy
Of course it does, I wrote it stick out tongue

tommy vercetti
if it was in the star forge malak would win but as it is in felucia mace has this

Fishy
And you base that on what? He couldn't beat Revan in the Star Forge but he could have beaten anybody else there, well in there or outside of it. You have no idea how much more powerful the Star Forge makes him, just a guess... So please explain why he can't beat Mace outside of the Star Forge what makes Mace better then Malak?

Nai Fohl
Well...Windu wins that...

a)
He was the youngest person ever in the Jedi Council (except for Anakin in ROTS who wasn't given his master status at that point). So he has to be quite wise and quite powerful

b)
He invented his own fighting style in the age of 13 years and practiced it for 4 decades (mention that this is already twice the training Malak had with that weapon)

c)
Since Vaapad is built out of Juyo and a mastery of Juyo requires form V and form IV mastery Windu can be considered to have mastered:
- form IV
- form V
- form VII
- Vaapad

d)
He has his unique Shatterpoint ability to find weak points and exploit them.

e)
He has at least 3 years of frontline experience.

So...basically Malaks only real advantages is that he has 3 years more war experiance compared to Mace while Mace had 20 years more time to develop his lightsaber skill (master 4 forms) and force powers at least. And Mace had the better "training". While Malak only would have practice fights with Revan, Mace had:
- Yoda (a guy with 850 years of lightsaber combat experience)
- Dooku (the best duellist the order has seen for centuries)
- Asajj Ventress (somebody that could compete with post AotC Obi-Wan and Anakin)
- Sidious (somebody that could take out three Jedi Masters within seconds).

So basically Mace faced 2 Sith Lords, a Dark Jedi, the best Jedi Master around, and two of the biggest "Jedi killing machines" there were (Grievoues and Jango Fett) and he owned them all except Yoda and Dooku who he was close to in terms of skill.

Fishy
Hmm Malak only had Revan?

Malak probably faced a lot of Masters, and he did defeat Kavar he probably had practice duels with Vandar after all he was a legendary fighter. Of course he wasn't on the council because well he turned to the Dark Side. You can't say Mace had more time to train because we don't know Malak his age, its probably not all that old maybe late 20 early 30's but he still had enough time to train. And Mace has not mastered four style's, he only mastered one at most if you can say he mastered it because he was probably still developing it.

So Malak did have three more years of fighting he did fight a lot of tough opponents. Yes Mace fought GG and Jango but neither of them impress me all that much if he would have lost from either one of them he would have deserved to die. Yes other Jedi did as well but they are weak fools and they should not have died it was their own stupid fault. Ventress is far from impressive, she could compete with two knights, because thats basically what they were well congratulations. Not impressive at all.

Now Sidious thats impressive, but Sidious his lightsaber skills weren't that great and they sure as hell couldn't compete with Malak.

The only real good fight he ever had that could compare to Malak was Dooku but that was many years ago (i'm not saying Yoda because Yoda is just different). Thats all he ever really faced that could help him a lot in this fight. And its not going to be enough.

Also keep in mind that Mace primarily faced droids, Malak faced Mandelorians and Jedi, they are far more powerful then droids.

Hornyman
Here w ego.

Malak's advantages over Mace:

-Offensive Force Powers

-Height

-Strength

-Reach

-Overall power

-Combat experience

Mace's avantages over Malak:

-More experience in peacetime

-trained longer in a time of peace

-created his own style

Okay, I think that outlines it. From this, Mace has nowhere near the experience of Malak does facing people his same level of skill. Mace just doesn't have the ability to take out Malak.

Malak fought in two wars, and knew much more about the force than Mace. Malak probably learned more lore than him to. Mace just doesn't compare to him. Malak wins.

Dark Thor
sorry guys. i seatched, and no threads came up. Srry

Hornyman
It's been done in other threads where the discussion was Revan and Malak versus Mae and NJO Luke.

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by Fishy
Malak probably faced a lot of Masters, and he did defeat Kavar he probably had practice duels with Vandar after all he was a legendary fighter. Of course he wasn't on the council because well he turned to the Dark Side. You can't say Mace had more time to train because we don't know Malak his age, its probably not all that old maybe late 20 early 30's but he still had enough time to train. And Mace has not mastered four style's, he only mastered one at most if you can say he mastered it because he was probably still developing it.

Malak facing a lot of Masters ? Where ? There were 12 people on the council in KotoR times. 5 of the ones who were on the Council after the Mandalorian wars are still alive in KotoR 2 times while Vandar was killed by Nihilus.
Malak has to be somewhere near Revan in age. Revan must have been in his late 20s or early 30s in KotoR times - so is Malak. That would give Mace 2 decades more experience.

For Mace and styles. It's clearly said that completing Juyo (with Vaapad) took former mastery of form IV and V - so whatever Mace did he must have been master or near master status in forms IV, V and VII to create Vaapad.

Name one except Kavar and Revan.

Even Mandalorian champions lost to "normal" Jedi on the battlefield so that was not much of a challenge. So are the "Jedi" there. And well...did you mention that those droids could kill Jedi (AotC - Geonosis - arena fight) ?

Fishy
Hmm yeah those droids killed weak worthless Jedi who weren't used to fighting... The Jedi in that era were, they would have destroyed those droids because they would have had better forms and were more used to fighting.

And the Mandelorians were Jedi Killers okay so a normal Jedi could still defeat a good Mandelorian, but those Mandelorians were still a hell of a lot tougher then those droids.

And tough opponents, well we know that he was higher in rank then at least one Jedi Councillor that joined him and Revan and probably more but I don't know if those guys survived the Mandelorian wars. Whatever the case he was more powerful then one Councilmember that the disciple thinks is worth mentioning. Its only logical to come to the conclusion that he faced powerful opponents otherwise he would not have recieved his rank let alone stand hold it. Logical conclusion, of course you can fight that by saying I have no evidence of it, and you would be right I don't, but it just seems logical to me.

darthrevan89
Originally posted by Luke Skywalker
I think Mace Windu would take this. He is physically peaked and uses a very rigid and dangerous form of lightsaber combat. Although i cannot judge the fight properly because i don't know Malak's lightsaber form. I know Malak has a very heavy injury and seems pretty damn old.

I don't know, but i am leaning towards Windu.

Now this his how a new member should act.

darthrevan89
NOOOOOOOOO!!!! They closed the Jawa Cantina thread!!!!

Darth_Janus
What? Dammit. seems like you can't have a thread like that unless a mod makes it. What hypocrisy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.