Final Fantasy VII vs KOTOR

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Human Vader
I know this is technically against the rules but I'm curious to hear what you think so f*ck your rules.

I've beaten both games numerous times and have to say FFVII is slightly better, however KOTOR is the only RPG I've seen that gives it a run for it's money.

Darth243
i hate the final fantasy series, so put my vote to kotor

darthrevan89
I have never played any of the Final Fantasy games.

Dark Thor
KOTOR

Count Dooku
FFVII

Damnit, i love that game.

Sephiroth owns.

Hornyman
Originally posted by Human Vader
I know this is technically against the rules but I'm curious to hear what you think so f*ck your rules.

I've beaten both games numerous times and have to say FFVII is slightly better, however KOTOR is the only RPG I've seen that gives it a run for it's money.

FF7.

Darth_Janus
FF7? Eww...

Hardly a role playing game by definition. More like a Japanese RPG stat based game where everyone is exactly the same after level 30. And besides, every character looks like a lego figurine.

tommy vercetti
fable is heavy

Darth_Janus
As in, Fable is stupid. That game was the biggest waste of money I've ever bought.

darthrevan89
I cannot believe it! They actually closed the Jawa Mos Isly Cantina Thread! What is with these mods lately? There like rabid wolves.

Darth_Janus
But the social thread made by a mod remains... Like I said, hypocrisy.

darthrevan89
The hypocrits!!

Darth_Janus
I like how they don't do a damn thing against new members who bash others but they close down threads by regulars like it's their hobby.

Luke Skywalker
Funny how Xavier's social thread had something to do with Star wars and they shut it down but the thread i made about him in the hospital is still up....

Weird, if you ask me.

Great Vengeance
FF7 is garbage, I loath japanese rpgs...

P.S. luke skywalker, the luke in your sig is very disturbing...I mean I was like "OH MY GOSH" then I almost threw up.

Illustrious
SOME Japanese "RPG"s are half decent, FF7 is not one of them.

KotOR, easily.

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by Luke Skywalker
Funny how Xavier's social thread had something to do with Star wars and they shut it down but the thread i made about him in the hospital is still up....

Weird, if you ask me.

They're not about to shut down a thread for well-wishers. I made one for HK. By the way, how is Xavier/Dooku?

ESB-1138
Final Fantasy VII
The best RPG ever. Awesome characters, awesome boss fights, great storyline, Final Fantasy VII beats KOTOR.

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by ESB-1138
Final Fantasy VII
The best RPG ever. Awesome characters, awesome boss fights, great storyline, Final Fantasy VII beats KOTOR.

lmao... Sure

I must share a different opinion because I came from an era where having a good story beat CGI, lego like characters, stupid spell learning systems, repetitive fights, overly dark and depressing backdrops, and overall appeal to fanboys in general.

Trust me, FF 7 made fanboy a household term.

Let me list off some games with much better storylines and gameplay...

-Super Mario 3
- The Legend of Zelda and Adventure of Link
- Zelda III
- Phantasy Star IV
- FFIII
- Baldur's Gate II
- Barney's Sing a long

(Well, that last one probably doesn't exist, but you get the point.)

darth-yoda
Janus i must disagree with you FF7 is a huge game and for the time it came out IMO taking in cinsideration the size of the game the graphics are acceptable so what if they look like lego and the backdrops are dull do you play a game for graphics or story. with a RPG you live the story i am a huge RPG fan and i have to say as much as i give kotor a 8 out of 10 i give FF7 a 9 out of 10

fable was good just to short

Darth_Janus
Problems with Fable:

-Four years in the making, less than fourteen hours to complete.
-Totally linear, with no reason to keep playing after the credits roll and you restart in the city with all your stuff.
-Horrible graphic fluctuations in certain parts, unacceptable for a four year long creation.
-You get old but you never die. You get fat but nothing happens. You can be gay, straight, or bi and it doesn't matter. You can marry a girl in every town or kill a girl in every town, and the most you'll get is either a halo or a set of horns.
-Character looks stupid.
-Not worth the fifty bucks I spent.

Now, onto FF7:

-For a game where everyone raged about its graphics, it should be much better. FFIII, while on an inferior system, looked much better and had a better storyline, gameplay. Earlier FFs were even better in regards to gameplay, where each character was unique. FFII featured stats that increase as you use them.
-Main characters that don't speak... suck. (*cough* Chrono Trigger *cough*)
-FF7 was the first of the games to go the way of japop (Meaning the characters all look like rejects from a Japanese dance music video). Later FFs do this so badly I won't even consider playing them. The latest ones must be made for girls, by girls.
-At this point in my life, fighting half a million repetitive battles with crap based on "How much I build up" and algorithms is really, really wasting my time. I'd rather play a game where every battle is different based on my actual skill. Mind you, my friend at the time was playing FF7 and couldn't pass a boss. I, who had never played the game, picked up the controller and beat the guy easily. It was sooo simple and soo much like all the other FFs in regard to battle strategy that I destroyed the boss wholesale. Simply disgusting.

Since FFIII, the only worthwhile FF was Tactics, which was still screwed up in some respects. (Esp. translation.)

But in short, I really hate FF7 because everyone raves about it and it's just another FF game, minus likeable graphics (And by likeable I mean something other than depressing lego characters and confusing backdrops coupled with so-so CGI), decent looking characters, likeable characters, and any reason for completion.

Call me a man of action in my old age, but Japanese RPGs are out.

ESB-1138
FFVII was made at the beginning of the PS1's life.
KOTOR didn't have a lot to explore, their boss fights weren't any harder then FFVII's and it was pretty short.
Plus the Revan and Malak final duel had no emotion as the Cloud vs. Sephiroth duel at the end of FFVII.

Veneficus
Originally posted by Shadow x 20
FFVII was made at the beginning of the PS1's life.
KOTOR didn't have a lot to explore, their boss fights weren't any harder then FFVII's and it was pretty short.
Plus the Revan and Malak final duel had no emotion as the Cloud vs. Sephiroth duel at the end of FFVII.

What do you mean the Revan and Malak final duel had no emotion? That was an incredibly emotional duel. I mean you have two former best friends and comrads in arms now worst enemies duking it out and you say that has no emotion?

Ianus
Yay, FF VII!

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/443/theswami3qv.jpg

overlord
Ah.. Final Fantasy VII! I really have to say it was the best FF game even though it looked crap and was easy to finish.

The portrayal of how much Sephiroth owns is done in one of the most genius and best ways I have ever seen. The plot line was pretty amazing too for just some RPG.
Now the climax of the game was a bit off.. But it was funny to cut Sephiroth into a thousand pieces at the end though.

I guess it was really the story and character building in the game that made it good because the difficulty and graphics sure sucked.

But I can't compare the two games because I still haven't played kotor so judging is not for me but as long as we all understand that it is indeed a good game.

Ushgarak
sSW only, thanks. Closed.

BTW, the social thread opened my a mod is the OFFICIAL one, which is rather the point. No hypocrisy at all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.