Why not just force push Dooku?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lil Krueger
When Mace was approaching Dooku, why not force push him instead of threatening him killing Jango?

Captain REX
What the hell would that do?

Dooku could counter it quite easily.

Lil Krueger
Originally posted by Captain REX
What the hell would that do?

Dooku could counter it quite easily.

Push him into the arena. I mean, it would be cool! DOoku and his army vs 200 jedi's. At least show Dooku's skill in AOTC other than that lame-ass battle between Obi-Wan and Anakin...

Ushgarak
The better question is:

"Why bother to threaten Jango if you are not going to deliver on the threat?"

I mean, holding a sabre to someone's throat is "try anything and he gets it," yes?

Then they try something.

And Mace just runs away instead (only to have to kill Jango a moment later anyway).

Now, possibly fair play on Jedi not committing effective murder like that. But then why bother in the first place? Everyone would know he wouldn't do it.

Meanwhile, yes, as Rex says, it almost certainly would simply not work on Dooku.

Darth_Janus
I think Mace did that just to have the stunning effect, so he could parley with Dooku, not so he would kill Jango or Dooku in cold blood.

Morridini
Maybe it wasn't intended as a threat. Perhaps he merely wanted to prevent Jango from interfering with his chat with Dooku.

bilb
Originally posted by Ushgarak
The better question is:

"Why bother to threaten Jango if you are not going to deliver on the threat?"

I mean, holding a sabre to someone's throat is "try anything and he gets it," yes?

Then they try something.

And Mace just runs away instead (only to have to kill Jango a moment later anyway).

Now, possibly fair play on Jedi not committing effective murder like that. But then why bother in the first place? Everyone would know he wouldn't do it.

Meanwhile, yes, as Rex says, it almost certainly would simply not work on Dooku.

yes

darth athieis
"Maybe it wasn't intended as a threat. Perhaps he merely wanted to prevent Jango from interfering with his chat with Dooku."

I agree with you Morridini.

Darth_Nefarus
Well I don't think Mace wanted to fight Dooku since they were most likely friends. Even though Dooku left the order, I'm sure Mace thinks he's potentially a good guy still

Darth_Emodas
Originally posted by Lil Krueger
Push him into the arena. I mean, it would be cool! DOoku and his army vs 200 jedi's. At least show Dooku's skill in AOTC other than that lame-ass battle between Obi-Wan and Anakin...

If someone was holding a lit lightsaber at your throat, Jedi or not, you WOULD be stunned into holding still.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.