Who is the greatest jedi knight ever?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tommy vercetti
If you pick none of the above write your option here

((The_Anomaly))
Yoda

b-dan
anikan hes is the chosen one and hes sweet

Darth_Janus
Yoda, because he is the jedi ideal. Although Obi-wan is a close second.

Fishy
Obi Wan...

Yoda has had a lot of hard times in his life, but Obi Wan although not Yoda still grew fast. He's what a Jedi should be, wise, powerful patient and a lot younger then Yoda. Besides nobody went through what Obi Wan went through and he still went on, that makes him tougher then any other Jedi I can think off, so he takes this for me.

DarthGenises
Yoda the greatest Jedi Knight ever.

Darth_Glentract
Luke is the greatest Knight ever. He defeated the Empire, defeated the Vong, restored the Jedi Order, remade the Republic, defeated several dark Jedi, killed Ancient Sith spirits.

Fishy
Thats two times you said that, but I fail to see how that makes him the greatest perhaps the most powerful but not the best Jedi... There is a difference. Besides he turned Dark once, meaning he can't be seen as one of the greatest because he betrayed the ideals of the order.

((The_Anomaly))
i'd agree. its between Yoda and Luke

but I still say Yoda

Darth_Glentract
He may not be the greatest to the order, but he is the greatest overall.

Fishy
He's the most powerful... Not the greatest

((The_Anomaly))
yes, Luke has done the most important things of any jedi.

but Yoda is the very definition of what it means to be a jedi

Darth_Glentract
Ganner Rhysode became a true Jedi Warrior for a few minutes in Traitor.(At least, that is what was said.)

Luke has done more things than Yoda. He is therefor greater.

Se7in
Though I like Obi-Wan a helluva lot more, Luke gets it. Here's a breakdown of the highlights of their lives, as far as I know.

Obi-Wan Kenobi:

- Defeated a first Sith Apprentice seen in a long time as a Padawan
- Trained the "Chosen One"
- Killed the leader of the Seperatists
- Took down arguably the second most powerful Sith ever
- Survived the Great Purge
- Trained the son of the "Chosen One"
- Died, becoming one with the Force

Luke Skywalker:

- Son of the "Chosen One"
- Began Jedi training at the age of 19 (or so)
- Destroyed the Death Star
- Took down the Empire and the "Chosen One"
- Recreated the Jedi Order
- Restored the Republic
- Defeated the Yuuzhan Vong, which was possibly the greatest threat ever, which included the temporary capture of Coruscant, the center capital of the Republic
- Is powerful enough in the Force to rip apart Star Destroyers/Cruisers with the Force
- Fights with such speed and strength, that is appears as if he is swinging 25 lightsabers
- Defeated 7 Yuuzhan Assassins, which were bred and trained and highly effective in killing Jedi and were immune to the Force with armor that resisted lightsabers
- Laid many restless Sith spirites to rest

Darth_Janus
Powerful, for sure... But greatest? If by greatest you mean, as many others do, was he true to the Jedi ideal, then the answer would probably be no.

Also, the possibility exists (And is strongly hinted at) that Anakin was created by Plageus or at least his teachings. Since the prophecy is vaguely outlined and Yoda and Mace both have misgivings about the so-called prophecy, the "Chosen One" theory is just that, a theory. It doesn't mean anything, unless you insist on saying it means the chosen one will restore balance. Then you must define what the balance is (Which, according to GL, is destroying the Sith.) Since Darth Vader did not totally destroy the Sith, he is not the Chosen One.

Illustrious
What? Who? Anakin? Anakin was not anywhere near the second most powerful Sith ever. EVER would imply EU. If you mean movies only, then perhaps he was the second most powerful there. But compare him to Sith like Pall, Simus, Ragnos, Sadow, Kressh, Hord, Nadd, Kun, and Revan and none of the movie characters stand a chance.

He along with practically the entire Rebel armada. If you're going to credit him fully for being the one that fired the shot, you'd have to credit Obi-Wan for all the exploits he did in the Clone Wars.

Hmm... That didn't have anything to do with the rest of the Rebels, Leia, or Mon Mothma, did it?

The Vong didn't stand a chance against the Empire, how was it that they were the greatest threat ever?

Darth Faunus
Se7in, you're going by accomplishments, not ideals. And if you're going by that, then Obi-Wan is second to none save for Sidious, maybe even greater, in the entire movie series. He held the fate of the galaxy in his hands throughout the saga. From the training of the "Chosen One", to the discovering of the Sith, to the protection and guidance of Luke. . . Not to mention he fought more Sith than anyone in the movies.

InsaneNoodlyGuy
Anakin Skywalker could force choke a ***** like non other. Therefore, he wins.

Ogami Itto
did u notice how EVERY force user in SW gets beat at least once !!

ok apart from background jedi (and even then most of them die onscreen)

i say yoda cause he NEVER falters from the way of the jedi (onscreen at least)

Se7in
You have a good point. Then if we're going by ideals, Obi-Wan. Charismatic, intelligent, compassionate, and powerful to boot.

Great Vengeance
The most logical answer would be obi wan, he is what it means to be a jedi, the epitome of patience, understanding and wisdom. It was through his guidance along with yoda the galaxy was saved from the empire.

That was my first answer but Ill put a second answer that many of you will not agree with but here it goes...Kreia.

Kreia didnt want to destroy evil, you can never destroy evil because it always comes back; the force always needs to balance itself. Kreia wanted to destroy the root of all evil, the force, and in doing so instead of a force controlling everyone people would instead finnaly be free. This would of been like an ultimate victory that the jedi never seem to be able to achieve and thats why kreia was in my opinion the greatest jedi.

xxxpoppunker182
i think yoda was the wisest of the jedi

but obi wan deffinantly the best knight

Fishy
You would be wrong there, Kreia didn't want to destroy good or evil she wanted to destroy the force which is neither the root of good or evil she wanted to destroy all live. That is not something a Jedi would do, besides if that would make you the greatest then Tarkin and Nihilus are both greater because they destroyed far more. And a lot of other people.

Also Kreia did not hold true to the ideal of the Jedi, you can think that what she did was good I wouldn't agree but you can say that, and if you do then she would be the greatest lightsider in your opinion but she could never be the greatest Jedi just because she isn't a Jedi, not in name or in idea's.

Nai Fohl
Raw power: Luke Skywalker
Wisdom, knowledge: Yoda
Overall greatness: Obi-Wan

Can't decide...

FistoFan
The best female Jedi ever was Ce Ce Donowai

Darth_Janus
Supershadow say wha...?

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by FistoFan
The best female Jedi ever was Ce Ce Donowai

Female Jedi are gay..

FistoFan
Says who?

FistOfThe North
Says who?

Says me..Well, except that super hot, blue female Twi'lek Jedi in "Sith"

Alaya Secura is it.

I would've loved to have been the guy applying blue paint on her.

She's not gay. but to me, in my opinion, i not into female Jedi..

And im not gay i love hotties but female Jedi is something i ever got into..Probabaly cause i never really see 'em fighting alot.

ESB-1138
Qui-Gon Jinn. All the Jedi throughout the entire SWtimeline never figured out what he did. Learn the path to immortally.

FistoFan
It's Aayla

JLRTENJAC
I'd actually go with Aalya!droolio

Zachara
As far as having a favorite Jedi, Mara Jade Skywalker takes the gold medal in my mind.

In being the greatess Jedi...

Hermm.... We'd have to determine what a Jedi really is wouldn't we? I mean the TRUE diffinition of a Jedi is what exactly? A being who is , or was, alive and is, or was, completely at one with the Force? A being who has accomplished the greatess tasks in the Univers and has a strong connection with the Force? The who has used the most power in the Univers to do acts of compasion and good?

I've going to have to think about this for a while because this question is alot like saying: "This person is perfect." But that can't be because everyone's difinition of perfection different.

That's why I haven't voted yet....

tommy vercetti
luke didnt actually defeat the empire but more the brains of leigha organa skywalker and the redemption of vader, luke skywalker was just a tool

Darth Nhilus
There is a difference between power and who's better. A sith would believe that if you are more powerful then you are better. In that case yoda would be the best jedi ever. Or maybe luke. But it is who is the best jedi ever.

tommy vercetti
yoda is overated in my opinion because people belive that his lightsaber style is good only because it looks cool

Apex
Yoda is the Greatest, and guess what... I'm gonna to tell you why. big grin

QUI-GON only achieved immortality after going against the Order, and studying the living force, against the Jedi Order at the time which is why he couldn't be on the council.

OBI-WAN, although he probably worked the hardest at being the ideal Jedi, fails, he let his emotions take over quite often, Qui-Gon's death and Anakin's betrayal for example, and although you can say those were very tough times for him Yoda was faced with an apprentice's betrayal and the loss of his whole order. He felt the hurt but was trained to let go and not hold on to attachments.

ANAKIN isn't the ideal Jedi. stick out tongue

LUKE isn't more powerful than Yoda he just studied a different aspect of the force giving him different abilities, particularly offensive force techniques, which Yoda would never learn anyway.

The top three choices would probably be Yoda, Ulic Qel-Droma, and Obi-Wan, and Yoda would win it. Ulic, although he turned evil, it was something uncontrollable, unlike Anakin and Luke's betrayal, and Ulic also, unlike Anakin and Luke, done more after his redemption to correct his past errors.

ESB-1138
It is good. Hard to hit Yoda it is.

Apex
Originally posted by tommy vercetti
yoda is overated in my opinion because people belive that his lightsaber style is good only because it looks cool

Wrong, we know its good because its good. You don't carry a lightsaber for 800 years and not learn how to use it. stick out tongue

Hornyman
What it comes down to, is accomplishments, ideals, raw power.

Luke has the most raw power

Obi probably has the greatest list of accomplishments

And Yoda is one of the few who stays true to the Jedi, never lets himself into the dark side. So, for Ideals, Yoda.

It's almost impossible to choose who's best. Why? Because best is too lose of a word.

ESB-1138
Have you notice that Yoda has been the only Jedi to die naturally?

Rayvann Sadow
Originally posted by Apex
Yoda is the Greatest, and guess what... I'm gonna to tell you why. big grin

QUI-GON only achieved immortality after going against the Order, and studying the living force, against the Jedi Order at the time which is why he couldn't be on the council.

OBI-WAN, although he probably worked the hardest at being the ideal Jedi, fails, he let his emotions take over quite often, Qui-Gon's death and Anakin's betrayal for example, and although you can say those were very tough times for him Yoda was faced with an apprentice's betrayal and the loss of his whole order. He felt the hurt but was trained to let go and not hold on to attachments.

ANAKIN isn't the ideal Jedi. stick out tongue

LUKE isn't more powerful than Yoda he just studied a different aspect of the force giving him different abilities, particularly offensive force techniques, which Yoda would never learn anyway.

The top three choices would probably be Yoda, Ulic Qel-Droma, and Obi-Wan, and Yoda would win it. Ulic, although he turned evil, it was something uncontrollable, unlike Anakin and Luke's betrayal, and Ulic also, unlike Anakin and Luke, done more after his redemption to correct his past errors.

Don't you just love fanboyisim? sick

Redeemer
Originally posted by Rayvann Sadow

Not the best comeback. He is quite correct in what he says.

- Killed the leader of the Seperatists

Se7in, what the hell is that? Grievous was one of the many Generals of Dooku's Seperatist Army. Dooku was the leader.

Apex

Dude WTF are you smokin? Can I have some?

Revan would grind Mace into Jawa burgers and have him for lunch. There is no ****ing way in hell that Mace would win against, Revan.

1)That almost hurt. roll eyes (sarcastic)

2)Kind of a bold statement from you don't you think. wink

Darth Faunus
Rayvann, go to the Luke/Mace vs. Revan/Malak thread. You'll see that Janus, Nai Fohl, and I have come to a conclusion.

Darth Sparhawk
I think that it is Luke Skywalker. He saved the Chosen One and for me, this is enough.

Darth_Janus
Simple minds, simple solutions.

Darth_Janus

Be nice to Apex. He may be a huge fan of Yoda, but he is also a very nice guy.

Ultimate ewok
I think that anyone who is making a decision based on their obsession for a specific char is basically going off of what their favorite char is instead of the over all well thought out evaluation of all those in the selection of the poll and rather than considering through both accomplishments, and ideals, they oppt for who they see as their all time hero from the SW galaxy. Stop the fan boy crap and vote without a biased opinion!

Darth Chronos
Cay cel droma did had a tragic end, he was the main reason of Exar kun being betrayed by Ulic Qel Droma, i've read the TOTJ comics of Exar Kun and Ulic. If Ulic did not say where Exar was (after he killed cay), Exar might've done something unexpected that would've mean the end to all the jedi. Cay's death marked the end of the Great Sith War.

Its not much, but hey, just giving a reason why Cay should also be important.

FistoFan
Probably Kaja Sinis, the very first Jedi.

tommy vercetti
he doesnt exist

FistoFan
Yes he does, he was the first Jedi Knight.

Hornyman
Yes he does, he was the first Jedi Knight.

Where did you learn this?

tommy vercetti
supershadow is not an official website and posts bs

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by tommy vercetti
supershadow is not an official website and posts bs

Rayvann Sadow
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Be nice to Apex. He may be a huge fan of Yoda, but he is also a very nice guy.

Sorry my dark side clicked in there.

Darth_Janus
No problem. I used to think Apex was a total noob fanboy, but he's simply a cool guy who likes Yoda. Nothing wrong with that.

FistoFan
Supershadow.

Darth_Janus
Pardon?

FistoFan
That's where I got it. I was answering HornyMan's question.

joeyvermont
the exile is the greatest, his power was unlimited

Darth L. Dipsit
Unlimited?

Hornyman
Originally posted by joeyvermont

No, he was the Death of the Force, I don't think he's invincible.

Rayvann Sadow
Originally posted by joeyvermont

Um...if you talk to the battered protocal droid in the Dantooine landing pad you can see a recording of Vrook arguing with Vander where they mention the fact that the Exile is only an average Jedi but is a natural leader.

joeyvermont
the fact that he could become extremely good in any aspect of a jedis skills

Gryn Jabar
Anakin, he's
A) The chosen one
B) The prodigal knight
C) The guy that shook up the Jedi order and reformed it (in a eugenics type of way)

Djnannadaddy
Kyle Katarn.........just kidding

It would have to be Yoda.............hands down......no one else stuck to the ideals more

Darth_Janus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.