Runner and Silver Surfer vs Justice League

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Superman
Green Lantern
Flash
The Manhunter
Hawkgirl
WonderWoman
Aquaman
Batman

vs

The Runner
and
Silver Surfer

illadelph12
Speed Kills.

In this instance, it kills the JLA.

kgkg
Runner kills the JLA in nano seconds
, and then kills Silver Surfer for fun

golem370
Take out runner and put in Jack of Hearts

Dizzle
Depending on the GL, I'd give the 2 a pretty good chance. Not every time, but a majority. (Supes becoming a weak link for once... And speed still being an issue with some of the JLAers)

jrodslam
How fast is Runner? Does he or Surfer go top speed(100xlight) instantly?

golem370
Warp Speed

jrodslam
Originally posted by golem370
Warp Speed

What about instantly? Cause Wally can go that fast. Not instantly however.

I take it the fight is on Earth. Can Surfer and Runner go that fast on the planet. Have they? I dont know. Just asking.

Avalonofthewind
Can't flash just steal their speed and give it to the rest of the JLA like in the past?

jrodslam
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Can't flash just steal their speed and give it to the rest of the JLA like in the past?

Dam giving it to them. He should keep it for himself. The man outraced death. TWICE!

Once to the end of time.

Also he didnt borrow speed either.

golem370
Runner has move speed then flash and the durability of silver surfer

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by jrodslam
Dam giving it to them. He should keep it for himself. The man outraced death. TWICE!

Once to the end of time.

Also he didnt borrow speed either.

True...you really cant get any faster than outrunning death.

jrodslam
True...you really cant get any faster than outrunning death.

To the end of time? Thats not only fast, its unheard of. Flash owns.

Avalonofthewind
To the end of time? Thats not only fast, its unheard of. Flash owns.

Hell, I was impressed at Flash beating himself in a race while still racing it.
I've seen him lend speed to his teamates.

Question is..when he steals speed...do the objects he steals from slow down?

jrodslam
Hell, I was impressed at Flash beating himself in a race while still racing it.
I've seen him lend speed to his teamates.

Question is..when he steals speed...do the objects he steals from slow down?

They dont just slow down they stop moving(willingly that is). Theyd roll on the floor for 1,000s of miles.

He was going to do the same to Superman.

Avalonofthewind
They dont just slow down they stop moving(willingly that is). Theyd roll on the floor for 1,000s of miles.

He was going to do the same to Superman.

If thats the case, Jla wins this fight in the blink of an eye (literally)

kgkg
If thats the case, Jla wins this fight in the blink of an eye (literally)
They win lol you must not know many things like always

Anyway

Flash was trying to steal Kinetic energy from superman at top mach speeds.

Runner can bend space/time; such tricks work on him kinetic energy any matter manipulator can pull it off.

There isn't any faster than Runner

And he is powerful enough to make superman look like shit he can take all JLa is nano seconds

long pig
Flash gets speed blitzed to hell and back.

Runner does things like running across universes before a thought can be formed.
He once "heard" a scream across a universe and ran to the person screaming before she finished.

Flash can go fast, true....but he needs to enter the speedforce to go past lightspeed, and before that, he may as well be standing completly still compaired to Runner.

Runner smacks around Thanos for no particular reason, just cuz he can. And Thanos fu*king knows it!

Plus we can't forget he's a immensly powerful empath, even when he's killing you, he forces you to be docile and like him.

But let's pretend Flash steals his speed....it won't happend but that's why I said pretend.
What then? Punch him? Blast him?
It won't hurt him, and his blasts are like SS'x100.

If all else fails, he blows the planet up.

hahah i really wish i read some of these like modern comics the stuff they do now sounds ridiculously awesome....flash outrunning death??? HAHAHH wtf, i love that shit....runner can bend time and space? How do these writers come up with this stuff......i don't know nearly as much as anyone here and i won't pretend do but i'll pick JLA cause i like them more than any marvel characters.

Khellendros
Yeah... Runner would likely beat the JLA before they even know he's coming. Silver Surfer.. man that's just MEAN. This is basically a beatdown

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by kgkg
They win lol you must not know many things like always

Anyway

Flash was trying to steal Kinetic energy from superman at top mach speeds.

Runner can bend space/time; such tricks work on him kinetic energy any matter manipulator can pull it off.

There isn't any faster than Runner

And he is powerful enough to make superman look like shit he can take all JLa is nano seconds

Like it's not easy to prove you wrong most of the time, with your "facts" big grin Anyway...Matter manipulation is the same as kinetic energy now???
Where does it say the speed that Flash steals is kinetic?

Look at the line up put against them. A GL can also bend space/time or how would they make wormholes to go through. confused

It's simple, the JLA has and can combine powers that exceed what they would be individually. You haven't read too much JLA, have you?

Anyway, it seems flash is the wild card here. Show what makes runner so great and I can change my vote. Unlike you I can be flexible. big grin

kgkg
Like it's not easy to prove you wrong most of the time, with your "facts" big grin Anyway...Matter manipulation is the same as kinetic energy now???
Where does it say the speed that Flash steals is kinetic?

Look at the line up put against them. A GL can also bend space/time or how would they make wormholes to go through. confused

It's simple, the JLA has and can combine powers that exceed what they would be individually. You haven't read too much JLA, have you?

Anyway, it seems flash is the wild card here. Show what makes runner so great and I can change my vote. Unlike you I can be flexible. big grin
From what you say shows you don't know much

Flash was about to steal kinetic energy from Superman you don't know that?

Well no point arguing with you

and Runner exceeds light speed in no time , and he is a powerful elder.

You really are lost, what did you think jrod was talking about it?

Flash get's his ass kicked in less than a second.

NO Jla are a match for Runner

TheFlash
Well Silver and Runner would most likely whip the JLA's ass...but Flash would put up a good fight. He can't move nearly as fast as Runner or Silver, but he CAN run at light speed and beyond it, using something the duo doesn't know about: The Speed Force. Also, he could lend the JLA some of his speed and it would be possible for him to take away some of Runner's and Silver's speed but after all, we are talking about The Silver Surfer...I mean who the hell is more powerful then that? OK, maybe a lot of superheroes, but still...Jeesh, if he wanted to, the man could CREATE life!!!!! No contest here.

Avalonofthewind
From what you say shows you don't know much

Flash was about to steal kinetic energy from Superman you don't know that?

Well no point arguing with you

and Runner exceeds light speed in no time , and he is a powerful elder.

You really are lost, what did you think jrod was talking about it?

Flash get's his ass kicked in less than a second.

NO Jla are a match for Runner

Maybe thats why I was asking questions? laughing
Maybe I should be like you and think everyone has "infinite" powers wink

jrodslam
Actually kgkg Flash wasnt going to steal Supermans speed. He just said that he COULD do it. Just to stop him cold.

I really dont know wmuch about Runner's speed or Surfers. I know Surfer can go xxxlightspeed, but the question i had was do they do it instantly? Or can they go faster than instant transmission?

Flash said and showed that he cracks time without breaiking a sweat. Do you not have to go lightspeed or faster in order to do that? It took him only a fraction of a second to do that. I think Flash is being underrated here.

kgkg
Actually kgkg Flash wasnt going to steal Supermans speed. He just said that he COULD do it. Just to stop him cold.

I really dont know wmuch about Runner's speed or Surfers. I know Surfer can go xxxlightspeed, but the question i had was do they do it instantly? Or can they go faster than instant transmission?

Flash said and showed that he cracks time without breaiking a sweat. Do you not have to go lightspeed or faster in order to do that? It took him only a fraction of a second to do that. I think Flash is being underrated here.
Flash need to go be one with the speed force to go beyond light speed

Runner has no limit he can be anyone in time.

And is more powerful than Silver Surfer.

jrodslam
Flash need to go be one with the speed force to go beyond light speed

Runner has no limit he can be anyone in time.

And is more powerful than Silver Surfer.

Regardless if Flash has to tap the speed force of not, he still cracks time in a fraction of a second.

Runner can be anyone in time or did you mean to say anywhere in time?

More powerful than Surfer in what ways? Blast wise? Strength? Durability? Stamina? Im not trying to be a wise ass or anything. I just dont much about him.

Because i dont know much about him or his speed, im not doubting anything you say. BUT i just wanted to know if he does it instantly. Or is he faster than instant transmission? He could be anywhere in time, you say, but has he tried? And if so, how long did it take him? If you dont know its cool. I just wanna know.

I need some proof of him actually being faster than Flash. Plus being able to avoid ghaving his speed stolen.

Juntai
One bad guy made Wally run, as fast as he could, and wouldnt let him stop.. some magic or something.. and Superman and Jay garrick Flash had to chase him down, and they were falling more and more behind as Wally started tapping into the speed force, then Jay reached over and said "Sorry Superman, but I have to save wally" and brought supes to a halt, and ran down wally like he was standing still.

It's not that flash "needs" the speedforce to do these things, its just that the SpeedForce is what is beyond light speed, and once he touches it, he gains the potential to exist anywhere anytime in any place in Hypertime, even multiple places at once.

Anyways.

martian Manhunter wipes runners mind.
And Batman beats surfer with a new school batarang.

8bitChris
Whoa whoa...wait...let's not get carried away or be ridiculous here.

I think I remember Batman having an instant defense device in his toolbelt that activates automatically and is designed to take out any elders of any universes.

JLA owns this one. I'm sorry. Adding Batman made this unbalanced.

Juntai
Exactly

long pig
That fraction of a second that Flash needs to reach lightspeed may as well be 20 years to Runner.

An yes, they are as immune to mental assaults as they are physical assaults.

As long as Runner tries, he wins this by himself.

hoorayforpeepee
damn, for a while there runner was getting some proper respect. looks like everyone forgot.

longpig wasn't kidding, the runner smacks around thanos and champion with no effort.

he really is silver surfer x10, but he also has the added bonus of being an empath.

jrodslam
In a fraction of a second Flash ripping time and leaving the 20th century would be like 20 years to the Runner?

Can you show or explain Runner doing someting like that in less than a fraction of a second? Or even being faster than instant transmission? Like i said before, i don know much about Runner, so proof would be nice.

long pig
jrod go back and read where he beats instant transmission.

You'll see that he had to reach the speed force before doing it.

Flash really isn't that fast, the speed force just slows time and reverses it the longer he's in touch with it. So beating instant transmission doesn't mean much since Flash went back in time.

Anyone with time travel abilities can beat instant transmission.

Runner is faster than Flash by who knows how much until Flash starts going back in time, then no one is faster except other time travel experts.

jrodslam
What does reaching the speed force have to do with anything? Its what he does to go faster.

"Runner is faster than Flash by who knows how much until Flash starts going back in time, then no one is faster except other time travel experts."

What about Flash going so fast that he beat death to the end of time. So thats going forward in time.

He did that in less than 3 minutes.

kgkg
What does reaching the speed force have to do with anything? Its what he does to go faster.

"Runner is faster than Flash by who knows how much until Flash starts going back in time, then no one is faster except other time travel experts."

What about Flash going so fast that he beat death to the end of time. So thats going forward in time.

He did that in less than 3 minutes.
Flash is nowhere near Runner Speed.

Runner is speed; he can go from this side of to another in instant.

Flash needs to accelerate and light speed isn't much; many cosmic can achieve multiple light speed limits.

Even if Flash could see Runner, it would be useless he is too powerful

long pig
Ok, let's say Flash and Runner are racing.

There is a mark in the middle of the race where Flash reaches light speed, then goes into the speed force.

Ok.

Runner starts off at 1000x light speed from the get go, he can run to the SF mark and back 100 times before Flash can start his first step.

Basically, Flash can go as fast as he wants as soon as he can reach the Speed Force, but against Runner, he'd never be allowed to reach it.

Did that make any sense?

kgkg
Originally posted by long pig

There is a mark in the middle of the race where Flash reaches light speed, then goes into the speed force.

Ok.

Runner starts off at 1000x light speed from the get go, he can run to the SF mark and back 100 times before Flash can start his first step.

Basically, Flash can go as fast as he wants as soon as he can reach the Speed Force, but against Runner, he'd never be allowed to reach it.

Did that make any sense?
yes piggy to me it did.

HigH ScholaR
runner and ss takes this i mean they all have it speed, durability , stamina absorbed more power cosmic to boast themselves. it would go like this

superman: did you fell that breeze
flash: (crouching in the corner) i think i just got speed raped

jrodslam

Ok.

Did that make any sense?

Now we are geting somewhere kinda.

How do you know that Runner starts off at 1000x lightspeed from the get go? All i want is proof on that, and im done with this. And suppose Flash steals his speed stopping him cold?

Avalonofthewind

How do you know that Runner starts off at 1000x lightspeed from the get go? All i want is proof on that, and im done with this. And suppose Flash steals his speed stopping him cold?

Exactly the same proof I have been asking for.

kgkg

Flash speed kinetic energy you mean rite. Won’t happen I haven’t seen anyone able to manipulate Runner, SS tried to use his cosmic powers, but look what happened he got tossed?

Runner has no limit that was just an example pig was trying to get at.

kgkg
Exactly the same proof I have been asking for.
Proof ? well read any issue that runner is in he does that type of stuff all the time

long pig
Well, he ran across the galaxy in less than a second.

I don't really know how many million/billion light years are in the universe. But it's surely a lot.

This is what happend.....(Can't remember jack about the girl who screamed.)

She screams in one panel, in the next panel the narriator says "And on the other side of the universe..." Runner then senses her scream/pain, he runs to her and reaches her before she stops screaming.

So he just ran across the universe without stopping time or needing any momentum or any actual footing to run, he just bends space so he can run.

Do I think Flash can be potentially faster? Yes, I do.
But I don't think he would be allowed to reach that speed.

Avalonofthewind
Well, he ran across the galaxy in less than a second.

I don't really know how many million/billion light years are in the universe. But it's surely a lot.

This is what happend.....(Can't remember jack about the girl who screamed.)

She screams in one panel, in the next panel the narriator says "And on the other side of the universe..." Runner then senses her scream/pain, he runs to her and reaches her before she stops screaming.

So he just ran across the universe without stopping time or needing any momentum or any actual footing to run, he just bends space so he can run.

Do I think Flash can be potentially faster? Yes, I do.
But I don't think he would be allowed to reach that speed.

You make a good point.
Now, how are you sure Flash can't steal his speed?

long pig
I'm not.

Flash may be able to, but I don't think he'd have time.

Plus, I don't even know exactly how that trick works.

Dizzle
I'm pretty sure Flash has to touch someone to steal their speed. And seeing as Runner has blasts capable of pretty easily atomizing Wally, he's not even gonna get close.

long pig
I've never actually seen proof that he can do it.

Dizzle
Wait... Flash stealing speed or the Runner blasting people?

long pig
Him stealing speed from someone on Runner's level.

How does he steal speed in the first place?

hoorayforpeepee
as has been already pointed out, the runner doesn't run per se. he bends space.

how can flash steal his speed if he's not even technically moving?

thezenbrawler
didnt know flash could steal speed, just knew he could lend it out

Khellendros
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
runner and ss takes this i mean they all have it speed, durability , stamina absorbed more power cosmic to boast themselves. it would go like this

superman: did you fell that breeze
flash: (crouching in the corner) i think i just got speed raped
laughing laughing laughing

Anyways, there are a few problems witht he speed stealing idea. First, from what I know, Wally does have to touch someone to steal or lend speed. Second, even if he can pull it off, that trick isn't permanent. So, Runner could just keep accelerating voer and over, forcing Flash tot ry and steal his speed again. And, of course, after the first time there's no way Runner is gonna give him a second chance. Finally, the Runner is an Elder, powered by the Power Primordial, the energy released at the beginning of the universe. In a recent issue, Flash touched a speedster chick named Velocity to steal her speed, and she just kept running. She was so strong, she was overloading him with a steady stream of kinetic energy, even though speed-wise, she couldn't qite match him even without the speed drain. If Flash grabs ahold of Runner, he's risking getting overloaded, dragged into deep space and just left.

golem370
I am sorry can Flash fly?

Khellendros
I am sorry can Flash fly?
Nope.

golem370
But he can Run Lightspeed or faster

Khellendros
But he can Run Lightspeed or faster
Lightspeed is his limit I believe.

golem370
He can run across water right?

Khellendros
He can run across water right?
Yes, pretty easily.

golem370
Then why not Air I mean almost the same thing

long pig
He needs footing.

Nothing to stand on means nothing to run on.

King KAM
Super Sonic Would BURN both of those suckas

Dizzle
Yaaaaaaaay Mach 1... Against lightspeed+...

King KAM
^ you damn skippy, why would you wanna go past the speed of LIGHT when you can go past the speed of SOUND!!!

Dizzle
That is true... Hendrix>Lazer. I see your point. Sound is cooler than light, Sonic wins.

King KAM
and we all love hendrix

stayin whirly to da fullest rock

Well im standin next to a mountain......chop it down with the edge of my hand *does some air guitar*

Dizzle
Rock on brother. ROCK ON! rockon

Cuz I'm a voodoo child... Lord knows I'm a voodoo child.

leonidas
<<Flash is nowhere near Runner Speed.
Runner is speed; he can go from this side of to another in instant.>.

in an instant? hmmm, i don't think so . . . no

leonidas
i'm thinking if mantis can see him coming and actually 'trip' him, flash and superman might be able to do more than stand around and wonder about that 'breeze' . . .

long pig
What issue is that from?

Dizzle
Mantis does crap like that. It's the underdog thing. You'd think that if she can hurt Juggy, that guys like Thor and Hulk would too...

But yeah. Runner's good end is NOT to be messed with. Mantis would probably be a PIS, if anything. See "crossing galaxies in seconds".

leonidas
that was from ss (vol 3) #4. i'm shocked ( eek! ) that the resident ss expert kg didn't know about that . . . no

jrodslam
Uhh ohh.

long pig
The Elders are jobbers as you well know.

Example: Champ vs She-Hulk.

jrodslam
I heard about that one. Was that with or without the gem?

dvampire
Originally posted by leonidas
<<Flash is nowhere near Runner Speed.
Runner is speed; he can go from this side of to another in instant.>.

in an instant? hmmm, i don't think so . . . no

All that talk about him being so fast, but none of them could give proof. roll eyes (sarcastic) Nice scan! thumb up

kgkg
that was from ss (vol 3) #4. i'm shocked ( eek! ) that the resident ss expert kg didn't know about that . . . no
I did know about it.

But doesn't change much

That's just like how humans tag flash.

Runner in his battle showed Silver Surfer who is the boss.

And no Superman and Flash won't touch him, no where near his speed , or power.

You logic is like this Leo

Here I can post you a scan of A slow poke punching Superman , then I can say Anyone can punch superman which is utter non sence

Laminator_X
The runner isn't just space warps. Prior to acquiring the Space Gem, his space warping was limited to giving him something to push his feet against that could react to the force he was exerting. Going through the motions of running is really just a ritual or mental exorcise the Flashes use to tap the Speed Force. Not so the Runner. He taps the raw Power Primordial to physically enhance and power his body. He reallly does just push himself along that fast. That's why he's such a hellacious hand to hand combatant. He has enough power coursing through his veins to accellerate like that and withstand those forces. What do you think he'd do with a punch?

When he had the Space Gem, that's when he started warping bigtime, subconciously teleporting, arriving befire he left and all that sort of stuff. Without the Gem, most of that went away, but he can still warp space a lot more than he used too. It's after this period that he starts doing things like crossing the Universe in the bink of an eye and so forth. Prior to this it took him years to traverse such distances (i.e. the time from him sensing Moondragon's victory over the Dragon of the Moon to when they hooked up in New Defenders)

The other thing to keep in mind about the Runner, is that unlike most comic book tough guys, he doesn't usually hold back. Unlike Supes or whomever, he'll actually lead off with "appear out of nowhere and pummel you before you even percieve him." How many people can you name that have humbled both the Surfer and Thanos in single combat? Not many.

Could Wally steal his speed? Possably, but I'm thinking Runner would overload him.

Mantis tripping him? Remember that that wasn't "Vietnamese Barmaid with Great Kung-Fu" Mantis. Mantis as the Celestial Madonna is a godlike power in her own right. The full extent of her abilities have never been defined.

The Runner isn't unbeatable, but he may as well be in physical combat. Thanos outsmarted him. Makkari beat him in a race once by discovering a new superspeed technique. Expect the Runner to win a rematch after he learns that method too.

Now, the League is a seriously resourceful bunch. With prep they could find a way to beat these two, especially with Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern in the mix. Others have beaten them, and the League is at the top of their field. OTOH, if we're talking about a "Ready, FIGHT!" type of scenario, Silver and Gold all the way.

kgkg
Originally posted by Laminator_X
The runner isn't just space warps. Prior to acquiring the Space Gem, his space warping was limited to giving him something to push his feet against that could react to the force he was exerting. Going through the motions of running is really just a ritual or mental exorcise the Flashes use to tap the Speed Force. Not so the Runner. He taps the raw Power Primordial to physically enhance and power his body. He reallly does just push himself along that fast. That's why he's such a hellacious hand to hand combatant. He has enough power coursing through his veins to accellerate like that and withstand those forces. What do you think he'd do with a punch?

When he had the Space Gem, that's when he started warping bigtime, subconciously teleporting, arriving befire he left and all that sort of stuff. Without the Gem, most of that went away, but he can still warp space a lot more than he used too. It's after this period that he starts doing things like crossing the Universe in the bink of an eye and so forth. Prior to this it took him years to traverse such distances (i.e. the time from him sensing Moondragon's victory over the Dragon of the Moon to when they hooked up in New Defenders)

The other thing to keep in mind about the Runner, is that unlike most comic book tough guys, he doesn't usually hold back. Unlike Supers or whomever, he'll actually lead off with "appear out of nowhere and pummel you before you even percieve him." How many people can you name that have humbled both the Surfer and Thanos in single combat? Not many.

Could Wally steal his speed? Possably, but I'm thinking Runner would overload him.

Mantis tripping him? Remember that that wasn't "Vietnamise Barmaid with Great Kung-Fu" Mantis. Mantis as the Celestial Madonna is a godlike power in her own right. The full extent of her abilities have never been defined.

The Runner isn't unbeatable, but he may as well be in physical combat. Thanos outsmarted him. Makkari beat him in a race once by discovering a new superspeed technique. Expect the Runner to win a rematch after he learns that method too.

Now, the League is a seriously resourceful bunch. With prep they could find a way to beat these two, especially with Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern in the mix. Others have beaten them, and the League is at the top of their field. OTOH, if we're talking about a "Ready, FIGHT!" type of scenario, Silver and Gold all the way.
Nice one

I don't see the JLA putting a good fight at all

Runner can K.O any member within Seconds, his powers are too great

And then you have silver Surfer Bloodlust will take 2-3 dawgs himself

leonidas
<<And no Superman and Flash won't touch him, no where near his speed , or power.
You logic is like this Leo
Here I can post you a scan of A slow poke punching Superman , then I can say Anyone can punch superman which is utter non sence>>

or my logic can simply be based on more than 'he beat ss so he must be the greatest being in all of marvel!'

smile

leonidas
pt2 of the race . . .

leonidas
pt3 . . .

dvampire
JLA wins IMO! smile Nice scans leo.

leonidas
runner tells mak he 'found the secret of speed' and BECAME speed. that, if i'm not mistaken, is essentially what the speed force is. runner IS NOT invincible. runner IS NOT 'speed'. flash with speed force would likely be faster AND be able to 'steal' runner's speed.

kgkg
pt3 . . .
mak become speed itself

If you see superman or flash moving as fast as him let me know.

Mak has done beyond light speed (by long shot)

Runner is not only much faster that Flash, Superman he got the raw power to knock any member within seconds.

kgkg
runner tells mak he 'found the secret of speed' and BECAME speed. that, if i'm not mistaken, is essentially what the speed force is. runner IS NOT invincible. runner IS NOT 'speed'. flash with speed force would likely be faster AND be able to 'steal' runner's speed.
Flash is not speed itself

He need to move, and become one with the speed force

Runner can go 1000000X light speed anytime; steal ya he will steal kinetic energy from a guy who bends space/time to move

dvampire
mak become speed itself

Runner is not only much faster that Flash, Superman he got the raw power to knock any member within seconds.

Prove that Runner can knock any JLA memeber out in seconds? smile

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Juntai
Exactly You serious, this guy gives THANOS trouble... confused

dvampire
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
You serious, this guy gives THANOS trouble... confused

What's your point? confused

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by dvampire
What your point? confused The guy said batman makes this unmatched, he said they win against odin and tyrant.

I understand runner isn't superpopular, but common.

kgkg
Prove that Runner can knock any JLA memeber out in seconds? smile
His energy beam K.O silver Surfer.

Silver Surfer is easily more durable than any JLA member.

And Runner was so fast than he made SS look like a fool.

And ya he did that to thanos to

Runner is not just Fast he is uber powerful

dvampire
The guy said batman makes this unmatched, he said they win against odin and tyrant.

I understand runner isn't superpopular, but common.

Batman isn't going to be much help, but the league still have Supes, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Captain Atom, and Plastic Man. smile

Khellendros
Runner isn't invincible, but he is VERY powerful. Flash attempting to steal Runner's speed would be a bad idea, since he can be overloaded.

dvampire
His energy beam K.O silver Surfer.

Silver Surfer is easily more durable than any JLA member.

And Runner was so fast than he made SS look like a fool.

And ya he did that to thanos to

Runner is not just Fast he is uber powerful

Surfer isn't more durable than Supes. So far I just see him going fast at traveling speed, but can he fight and react at high speeds like Supes, Wonder Woman, MM and Flash do.

CorderaMitchell
Batman isn't going to be much help, but the league still have Supes, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Captain Atom, and Plastic Man. smile

Keep in mind that they aren't going to move (much less register a thought), before they lose.

Think about it, runner folds space, and GOES fast.

How do you see them winning?

kgkg
Surfer isn't more durable than Supes. So far I just see him going fast at traveling speed, but can he fight and react at high speeds like Supes, Wonder Woman, MM and Flash do.
Supes is not close to Surfer in Durability.

Half of the time he gets hurt by silly attacks.

Punches, Cyborg ( who was acting badass who used city destroying attacks) , A magical Girl K.O him with one shot etc.

ya SS get knocked out , but comparing SS to Supes durability SS eats him.

And ya SS can react and fight at those speed, he stopped someone who was moving and attack at super speed in space etc.

SS can react and think in nano seconds.

Point is Runner can easily K.O any member who will stand to him Superman? Don’t make me laugh

kgkg
Keep in mind that they aren't going to move (much less register a thought), before they lose.

Think about it, runner folds space, and GOES fast.

How do you see them winning?
some peepz can't see Superman or JLA loose

leonidas
<<mak become speed itself
Runner is not only much faster that Flash, Superman he got the raw power to knock any member within seconds.>>

kg, you said runner IS speed. you were wrong. you said he had no limit. you were wrong. you said he could be anywhere in anytime. you were wrong. he couldn't finish the galactic marathon 'in an instant'. mak beat him, mantis tripped him. and you tell me he'll beat the jla by himself EASILY? like hell he will.

i'm sure some flash fan can provide you with evidence of flash moving at those speeds. i was simply calling bull*&^% on your love affair with runner. if flash can steal his speed and take out runner, the rest of the league will punish ss and win this. if flash can't then it becomes a question.

and NO, runner did NOT 'beat up on thanos' let alone 'beat up on him for fun'. cripes . . . does anyone READ the issues anymore or do people just regurgitate what OTHERS on the forum say?? runner smashed thanos's chair to pieces and let him drift in space then thanos outsmarted him and took his gem. THAT is what happened. damn, this kind of thing happens all the time 'round here, then you got some guy who's never read the issue going to some other thread saying - "runner is invincible, he beat the *&^% out of thanos!" the hell he did! true thanos couldn't hit him with his blast, but runner sure as hell never got close enough for thanos to touch him . . .

stay in touch with facts. please.

dvampire
Supes is not close to Surfer in Durability.

Half of the time he gets hurt by silly attacks.

Punches, Cyborg ( who was acting badass who used city destroying attacks) , A magical Girl K.O him with one shot etc.

ya SS get knocked out , but comparing SS to Supes durability SS eats him.

And ya SS can react and fight at those speed, he stopped someone who was moving and attack at super speed in space etc.

SS can react and think in nano seconds.

Point is Runner can easily K.O any member who will stand to him Superman? Don’t make me laugh

Prove that Runner can KO them. Prove that Surfers durability is greater than Supes. Supes is take city destroying blast, they stop him, but don't put him down for good.

CorderaMitchell
some peepz can't see Superman or JLA loose

When I read that batman tipped the scales to the point of it being unbalanced.... yea.

The only way this is being won is with some serious, and I mean " Daredevil beating godzilla on life support" pis/cis.

dvampire
When I read that batman tipped the scales to the point of it being unbalanced.... yea.

The only way this is being won is with some serious, and I mean " Daredevil beating godzilla on life support" pis/cis.

Yeah. Because that's the only way Surfer and Runner is winning this battle. smile

kgkg

so true

ya give them 50 years prep time big grin

CorderaMitchell
Yeah. Because that's the only way Surfer and Runner is winning this battle. smile

Okay, I am your good friend, but listen to me for a sec, hear me out.

I notice when people keep asking for proof, 2 things are happening:

1. They want proof of something happening.

2. They are using it as a scapegoat with little else to counter.

This is why I don't like feat wars. What a character does makes a character who he is, but given what that character can do logically , I really don't see how the JLA is beating these two. Silver Surfer, yes, Runner no.

I can easily say feats that makes supes bad, and you could do the opposite, it really doesn't add to the debate. Especially when popular characters like supes have more to show for.

So logically, give me your premise of why superman and the others would win.

kgkg
<<mak become speed itself
Runner is not only much faster that Flash, Superman he got the raw power to knock any member within seconds.>>

kg, you said runner IS speed. you were wrong. you said he had no limit. you were wrong. you said he could be anywhere in anytime. you were wrong. he couldn't finish the galactic marathon 'in an instant'. mak beat him, mantis tripped him. and you tell me he'll beat the jla by himself EASILY? like hell he will.

i'm sure some flash fan can provide you with evidence of flash moving at those speeds. i was simply calling bull*&^% on your love affair with runner. if flash can steal his speed and take out runner, the rest of the league will punish ss and win this. if flash can't then it becomes a question.

and NO, runner did NOT 'beat up on thanos' let alone 'beat up on him for fun'. cripes . . . does anyone READ the issues anymore or do people just regurgitate what OTHERS on the forum say?? runner smashed thanos's chair to pieces and let him drift in space then thanos outsmarted him and took his gem. THAT is what happened. damn, this kind of thing happens all the time 'round here, then you got some guy who's never read the issue going to some other thread saying - "runner is invincible, he beat the *&^% out of thanos!" the hell he did! true thanos couldn't hit him with his blast, but runner sure as hell never got close enough for thanos to touch him . . .

stay in touch with facts. please.
Just because he got hit doesn't mean he can go light speed in second?

Flawed logic Leo

Runner like Silver Surfer travels Galaxy in nano second.

Flash needed to accelerate big time to beat Grod.

Steal what kinetic energy? Leo you can do better.

If sissy shit like that would have worked SS would have kicked his ass.

And ya he was trashing Thanos , and when have you seen Thanos failed to hit someone up? Fallen One was traveling beyond light speed Thanos got him etc.

And there was another race where Runner outraced Mak without trying smile

1000000X lighth year vs bunch of mach speed dudes, and one can reach light speed and beyond when he is one with the speed force.

hmmmmmmmm

and a guy who have enough raw power to K.O any member with ease.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

so hard

dvampire
Okay, I am your good friend, but listen to me for a sec, hear me out.

I notice when people keep asking for proof, 2 things are happening:

1. They want proof of something happening.

2. They are using it as a scapegoat with little else to counter.

This is why I don't like feat wars. What a character does makes a character who he is, but given what that character can do logically , I really don't see how the JLA is beating these two. Silver Surfer, yes, Runner no.

I can easily say feats that makes supes bad, and you could do the opposite, it really doesn't add to the debate. Especially when popular characters like supes have more to show for.

So logically, give me your premise of why superman and the others would win.

Supes is able to go head to head with Surfer by himself, adding MM, Wonder Woman, Captain Atom, and Plastic Man is just over kill. As for Runner, those scans havn't showed him to do anythig but travel fast, not fight or thing at those speeds. Flash just may be able to take there speed, making them motionless.

kgkg
Prove that Runner can KO them. Prove that Surfers durability is greater than Supes. Supes is take city destroying blast, they stop him, but don't put him down for good.
ya want SS takes world destroying attacks , and Super Nova in his sleep.

City destroying attacks does effect Supes , other wise Cyborg wouldn’t make it a big deal.

Big difference

Laminator_X
Runner wasn't spacewarping during the race. If he was he'd have left the field behind entirely, but proved nothing. It'd be like Lance Armstrong on a Vespa.

Makkari outran runner after spending months doing crazy DragonballZ-like training on a planet where the entire race were uber-speedsters. Thanks to Chronos's experiments, the Eternals of Earth (+Thanos) tap into the same cosmic energy power as the Elders, though to a lesser degree. Makkari used the power in a way that the Elder didn't know yet. How many times have we seen someone at the top of their game shown up by a rookie with fresh moves? It happens. Now that the Runner knows that feat is possable (whatever "becoming speed" really means, I took that as a metaphor), you know he won't/can't rest untill he mastered it too.

dvampire
Just because he got hit doesn't mean he can go light speed in second?

Flawed logic Leo

Runner like Silver Surfer travels Galaxy in nano second.

Flash needed to accelerate big time to beat Grod.

Steal what kinetic energy? Leo you can do better.

If sissy shit like that would have worked SS would have kicked his ass.

And ya he was trashing Thanos , and when have you seen Thanos failed to hit someone up? Fallen One was traveling beyond light speed Thanos got him etc.

And there was another race where Runner outraced Mak without trying smile

1000000X lighth year vs bunch of mach speed dudes, and one can reach light speed and beyond when he is one with the speed force.

hmmmmmmmm

and a guy who have enough raw power to K.O any member with ease.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

so hard

Yeah but if Thanos was able to hit him, that whould mean that his reflexive speeds isn't as fast as he travels then, because Thanos isn't that fast. Prove that he can KO any of the members with ease? smile

CorderaMitchell
Supes is able to go head to head with Surfer by himself, adding MM, Wonder Woman, Captain Atom, and Plastic Man is just over kill. As for Runner, those scans havn't showed him to do anythig but travel fast, not fight or thing at those speeds. Flash just may be able to take there speed, making them motionless.

Like I said, SS can be defeated by JLA.

So runner is the character still in question here?

kgkg
Yeah but if Thanos was able to hit him, that whould mean that his reflexive speeds isn't as fast as he travels then, because Thanos isn't that fast. Prove that he can KO any of the members with ease? smile
Thanos has pimp slaped peepz beyond lightspeed many times many times.

Prove , which member is going to take hits from SS , or Runner?

dvampire
ya want SS takes world destroying attacks , and Super Nova in his sleep.

City destroying attacks does effect Supes , other wise Cyborg wouldn’t make it a big deal.

Big difference

Supes survived black holes, worm holes and countless more stuff. And Supes way beyound city destroying blast.

Here's Superman taking a million nuclear blasts.

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/473/0822345tz.jpg

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/6231/08222005121910pm5bv.jpg

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/3259/089054121zl.jpg

He also got up to fight with Doomsday somemore aswell. Hes much more powerful than that now. smile

dvampire
Like I said, SS can be defeated by JLA.

So runner is the character still in question here?

Excatly! smile

kgkg
Supes survived black holes, worm holes and countless more stuff. And Supes way beyound city destroying blast.

Here's Superman taking a million nuclear blasts.

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/473/0822345tz.jpg

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/6231/08222005121910pm5bv.jpg

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/3259/089054121zl.jpg

He also got up to fight with Doomsday somemore aswell. Hes much more powerful than that now. smile
just helps my case thank you

million nuclear blasts vs SuperNova?

and Superman was K.o'ed by that.

CorderaMitchell
Excatly! smile I have a knack at understanding people,lol.

So what are you questioning with runner, his abilities?

jrodslam
Flash's speed is kinda tricky. I think it was said somewhere that Runner is faster than speed itself or something like that. Now i dont know much about Runner, but i do know that Flash has raced to the end of time in less than 2 min. Thats billions of years in the future.

It has also been said that Flash may be able to be overloaded with kinetic energy. I would like to hear about an instance. Hes absorbed speed of the 5 fastest people on the planet after him as well as the speed of the entire planet. Im not saying that he cant, but if he has, proof would be greatly appreciated.

dvampire
just helps my case thank you

million nuclear blasts vs SuperNova?

and Superman was K.o'ed by that.

That was a while back, hes can take much more than that now. Hes survived black holes, supernovas, and wormholes aswell. big grin

Doesn't look like a he can take a supernova to me. big grin

http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/5096/aaaaaa2lb.jpg

kgkg
That was a while back, hes can take much more than that now. Hes survived black holes, supernovas, and wormholes aswell. big grin
wormholes , black no biggie who at supes level didn't?

Supernova? what issue did i miss?

jrodslam
SS's speed is equal to that of a GL, so the main speedsters in question here are Flash and Runner.

Flash and Lantern are probably the fastest on the JLA team. Lantern's are also able to take Supernovas, so im sure that if one is delivered, GL would protect the team. I doubt that Surfer or Runner has the ability to create a blast more destructive than a supernova. Or even equal in damage.

kgkg
SS's speed is equal to that of a GL, so the main speedsters in question here are Flash and Runner.

Flash and Lantern are probably the fastest on the JLA team. Lantern's are also able to take Supernovas, so im sure that if one is delivered, GL would protect the team. I doubt that Surfer or Runner has the ability to create a blat more destructive than a supernova.
Kyle me think not?

His shield gets broken by shitty people every issue

dvampire
Kyle me think not?

John is the one with JLA, and it protected him and MM from a supernova before.

jrodslam
Kyle me think not?

Uhhh who said the GL was Kyle? A GL's shield and force field are 2 different things. Plus just because Kyles shield gets broken every issue, does that result in defeat?

Im assuming Hal is the GL in this battle. If its Kyle, then thats another story.

Laminator_X
Thanos dodged the Surfer when he tried to swoop in at lightspeed and snatch the Infinity Gauntlet.

Runner fought at superspeed when he fought the Surfer. He was able to clock the Surfer and whirl around for another blow before Norin got back on his board. He was also able to snatch the board itself.

Surfer's durability varies widely. One day he shrugs off a supernova, the next he gets coldcocked by the Thing. The same thing could be said of Superman. I think at their typical, modern, power levels I'd give the edge to Surfer, but that's not saying much.

Personally, I think the Leaguer with the best chance of stopping the Runner is Plasticman. Imagine sticking an eggbeater into a bag full of rubberbands. I'm picturing something like that.

jrodslam
John is the one with JLA, and it protected him and MM from a supernova before.

Youre right. But for the last 3 JLA books, Hals been the main GL. I love it. And we all know that Hal>>>other GL's.

dvampire
Youre right. But for the last 3 JLA books, Hals been the main GL. I love it. And we all know that Hal>>>other GL's.

Yep! smile

kgkg

Doesn't look like a he can take a supernova to me. big grin

http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/5096/aaaaaa2lb.jpg
did you read the issue?

or before?

He takes supernova with ease he even said that like what 10 times.

and where is the scan of Supes taking it am still waiting , some guy who can't handle City destoying attacks with ease whould be standing after that? and i hope you got issue to back your claims

Wynndar
thats the inconsistent nature of Superman..."I just contained an explosion that could destroy the universe....but Doomsday's fists are toooooo muuuuuuch!"

jrodslam
Kgkg i have a question. GHas Surfer actually SURVIVED a supernova. Or does he justy say he survived supernovas? Meaning its never been showed. Just asking.

Khellendros
Man, people aren't even listening to me. Draining won't work, Flash will just get overloaded. Supes won't last long because Surfer could just drain the solar energy out of him, or emit red sun radiation. Runner is fast enough to speed blitz Wonder Woman and SS has is immune to telepathy, so MM is out of the picture. That's the big hitters of the JLA, all defeated.

Wynndar
Surfer's powers r used so much more dynamically than these JLA "cartoons". They are just powerful but not written with any depth. Surfer outclasses them. I think the whole JLA at once would be able to pull out something though...thats a big team

jrodslam
Originally posted by Khellendros
Man, people aren't even listening to me. Draining won't work, Flash will just get overloaded. Supes won't last long because Surfer could just drain the solar energy out of him, or emit red sun radiation. Runner is fast enough to speed blitz Wonder Woman and SS has is immune to telepathy, so MM is out of the picture. That's the big hitters of the JLA, all defeated.

I guess you didnt read one of my previous posts. Has Flash ever been overloaded with speed energy? Hes absorbed the entire planet along with 5 of the fastest beings on Earth. If hes been overloaded before can you prove this? Thanks. smile

I highly doubt Surfer would go directly for Superman because hed have to worry about Hal. Thats just my opinion.

the Darkone
The Runner is over 5,500,000,000 years old, his powers are 10x greater than the silver surfer. And like the silver surfer he can increase his power at will with primodial power, he his one a few beings that can beat the sh** out of the champion of the universe. The runner is the second in fighting next to champion, so his fighting skills are sick. He nearly killed the surfer in battle and made him him look like an a$$hole.

The JLA doesn't have a chance in hell of beating a being pure raw power, he will speed rape them before they know what has happen and for the hell of it he can blow up the damn planet if he really wanted too.

K Von Doom
Originally posted by Wynndar
thats the inconsistent nature of Superman..."I just contained an explosion that could destroy the universe....but Doomsday's fists are toooooo muuuuuuch!"

Hence, Doomsday can destroy the universe eek!

Laminator_X
When Surfer and Nova were trying to save Galactus from the Elders' assasination attempt and Nova wasn't sure what to do while Surfur held off the "Suck Galactus Dry Beam," Surfer told her to destroy the star is a tone that was like "come on, isn't it obvious?"

Frankie flew into the heart of the star and caused it to detonate, destroying the Elders' machinery along with everything else in the vecinity. A few of the Elders were sucked into the ensuing black hole, but veryone survived!

Wynndar
Originally posted by K Von Doom
Hence, Doomsday can destroy the universe eek!

2 or 3 punches max.

King KAM
2 or 3 punches max.

or 1 kick of omnipitence

King KAM
My sig rules

leonidas
<<I guess you didnt read one of my previous posts. Has Flash ever been overloaded with speed energy? Hes absorbed the entire planet along with 5 of the fastest beings on Earth. If hes been overloaded before can you prove this? Thanks. >>

yep. smile

and runner COULDN'T bend space in that race. not because it wouldn't PROVE anything if he did, but because it was the gem that let him do that. without the gem, he's just another speedster. if we're allowing him the gem in this fight, that's another matter. i assumed this was current characters. again, i don't know much about current flash or his speed feats, but if he's run to the end of time and outraced death, i'd say he has a fair shot at being as fast as runner - and if those feats are true, he is likely much faster. tell me one impressive thing (that no other uberspeedster could do) runner has done since losing the gem. just one, and i'll concede he's 'clearly' faster than flash.

and kg, how do you know runner accelerates faster than flash??

and lam, i actually thought plas might be an issue for runner as well. plas gums up his legs, gets him to stop, ww lasso's his arse then supes, mm, and gl finish surfer.

it really isn't as clear cut as some say it is.

as for stealing speed - this can be argued forever because no one on eitehr side can say he can or can't based on anything more than personal opinion. so everyone stop touting OPINION as fact.

kgkg
Maybe because he travels around Galaxies and goes anywhere in the Universe in an Instant, faster than SS board.

And Flash needing to accelerate to hit Grod.

Whirlysplatt
Surfer's powers r used so much more dynamically than these JLA "cartoons". They are just powerful but not written with any depth. Surfer outclasses them. I think the whole JLA at once would be able to pull out something though...thats a big team

Right the Surfer apart from Blockbuster certainly has the depth of Kingdom come............good point confused............ no

Laminator_X
Infinity Gem wielders have repeatedly been shown to retain residual powers after loosing their Gem. Warlock is the most obvious example, but Moondragon's telekinisis and Pip's teleportation persisted as well. The Runner had the Space Gem for at least as long as Pip did and Pip can still port across interstellar distances, though post-gem I don't think we've seen him cross dimensions or visit Death's Realm.

As far as I know, the Galactic Marathon is the Runner's only post-gem appearance. I thought he was using his power to let the other compettitors run through space too, or was the track another Architect construct?

As an aside, this thread is on the front page of Google when you search for:Runner Elder Universe.

leonidas
<<As far as I know, the Galactic Marathon is the Runner's only post-gem appearance. I thought he was using his power to let the other compettitors run through space too, or was the track another Architect construct?

As an aside, this thread is on the front page of Google when you search for:Runner Elder Universe.>>

the front page of google?? does that mean we're celebrities? smile

as far as i know, it is his only appearance as well, and, well, it wasn't all that great. again, he couldn't cover galactic distances instantly, and there are levels of speed beyond him. the level beyond him (as it was shown) appears analagous to the speed force. as far as how they navigated the course - it was by wristbands they all wore. never really says who made them, though the energy they gave off was said to be very much like quasar's quantum energy.

and one more point to kg - at the start of the race, runner (and all the other runners) are shown ACCELERATING to escape the gravity of the world where they started. again, nothing 'instantaneous' about runner, his speed, OR his acceleration.

Parallex
I found this on tha Runner. http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/runnerelder.htm

Juntai
Well, Wally West Flash is generally faster than Barry Allen Flash was, and Barry is apperently the fastest man in Marvel. The only real reason he didn't win the race was because he stopped to save lives, because Barry is easily one of the greatest HEROS ever, so he is that beyond all else...Plus . . Wally holds the ability to steal kinetic energy and render other speedsters unable to use their power. Which GL are we considering as GL now..? If it's Hal, I personally believe he could take on Surfer alone. Maybe not win every rip, but he could last a good time against him. Add in the other heros and it's over.

jrodslam
Lol i had forgot about Barry winning the race in Marvel. Good memory Juntai. It was a Quasar comic right? He was "the guy from another world" or something like that. They asked him his name and he said something like Barley Alein i think. His memory was all disorientated.

Laminator_X
Substitute Plastic Man and Captain Marvel for Hawkgirl and Aquaman and I'll call it 50/50, but with the specified lineup the odds are heavily in favor of the shiny guys.

leonidas
<<Substitute Plastic Man and Captain Marvel for Hawkgirl and Aquaman and I'll call it 50/50, but with the specified lineup the odds are heavily in favor of the shiny guys.>>

i actually agree with this. i just don't think it would be the complete curbstomp so many were claiming it initially would be.

long pig
Originally posted by leonidas As an aside, this thread is on the front page of Google when you search for:Runner Elder Universe.>>

No, it makes ME a celeb!

Hell, 90% of the times I look a character up on google, it's one of us talking about them.

KMC digs the obscure.... Google "HULKKILLERHUMANOID" lol, it's all KMC baby!

leonidas
<<No, it makes ME a celeb! >>

sorry, long. my bad.
embarrasment

ps- laughing laughing

kgkg
<<As far as I know, the Galactic Marathon is the Runner's only post-gem appearance. I thought he was using his power to let the other compettitors run through space too, or was the track another Architect construct?

As an aside, this thread is on the front page of Google when you search for:Runner Elder Universe.>>

as far as i know, it is his only appearance as well, and, well, it wasn't all that great. again, he couldn't cover galactic distances instantly, and there are levels of speed beyond him. the level beyond him (as it was shown) appears analagous to the speed force. as far as how they navigated the course - it was by wristbands they all wore. never really says who made them, though the energy they gave off was said to be very much like quasar's quantum energy.

and one more point to kg - at the start of the race, runner (and all the other runners) are shown ACCELERATING to escape the gravity of the world where they started. again, nothing 'instantaneous' about runner, his speed, OR his acceleration.
what issue are you talking about leo?

leonidas
quasar #58. it's where i scanned the pic of mak beating runner. he's obviously very fast without the gem. but he's also obviously not what he was when he had it, either . . .

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>