would you want to have superman's powers IF

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
you only had 3 years to live?

I think I would

pr1983
Yes...

and i'd do as much as i could to help the world...

Hulk Power
Yeah why not. I'd make them the best three years of my life with all those powers. I'd try to get as many girls as I can. Or I would become a villain and take over the world since no one would be able to stop me.

masterbruce
haha lol

I think I would do a combination of what pr1983 and hulk power would do: do some good as well as try and get as many hotties as I can

yahman
Life is all baout creating a legacy for ones self. (Sorry guys i dont believe in life after Death.) The instant before i die i wan't to know i'll always be rembered. I've always kinda thought the only way to really achieve this; is by being invcredible evil and Killing loads of people (E.G. Adolf Hittler Gengus Kahn). Very Few really Good people have been rembered for a suitably long enough period (Jesus and Gahndi are the only ones who spring to mind. ) With Supermans powers you create the greatest legacy ever known, wether it be for good or evil. smile smile

pr1983
Imagine though... disasters like 9/11, london and the tsunami in asia could all be averted with somebody like superman working to save people...

a legacy indeed...

Joker1237
MMMM,

I take over the world. Who would be there to stop me??

pr1983
Originally posted by Joker1237
MMMM,

I take over the world. Who would be there to stop me??

Me... big grin

DarkCrawler
I would travel around the Universe in my two first years...going to each planet...being the first man to set his foot on Sun...meeting the other civilizations before anything.

Then in my last year I would help the Earth...leaving in history forever.

Or then I would do something evil...that kind of people stay in history longer...

manjaro
me i would want superman's powers period...let alone for three years, but i pretty much share the same sentiment. i would do some good but in the true form of supes. meaning, have a day job but hero in secret. i would want a high profile job like an NFL player, or an olympic athlete.. make a whole bucnh o money off salary and endorsements, to leave behind for the dozen or so kids im gonna get in those three years, then when i feel its time to die like a cat does i set it up to make it look like i died in a plane crash or drowned at sea. then i just crawl off into a cave or something and punch the walls out to let it collapse on me and just chill til my time comes

GalacticStorm
I wouldnt want his powers if i only got to live for 3 years. I think that would be very selfish of me to choose to do that when i have so many people around me, who love me, who have invested so much time and effort in my life only for me to throw it away voluntarily just so i can play the hero for 3 years. No way. Theres things which matter so much more to me than delusions of grandeur. Things such as family and friends. I believe theres virtually no better way of creating a great legacy for you to be remembered by than starting a family. By having children and instilling in them morals, ethics and a sense of right and wrong. Being remembered and cherished by my family because i was there for them, because i cared and provided for them as they grew up into fine young adults is far more important to me than being remembered worldwide, by people who care not for me as a person, but for my celebrity.

Now if you said 20 years then id reconsider lol.

yahman
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
I wouldnt want his powers if i only got to live for 3 years. I think that would be very selfish of me to choose to do that when i have so many people around me, who love me, who have invested so much time and effort in my life only for me to throw it away voluntarily just so i can play the hero for 3 years. No way. Theres things which matter so much more to me than delusions of grandeur. Things such as family and friends. I believe theres virtually no better way of creating a great legacy for you to be remembered by than starting a family. By having children and instilling in them morals, ethics and a sense of right and wrong. Being remembered and cherished by my family because i was there for them, because i cared and provided for them as they grew up into fine young adults is far more important to me than being remembered worldwide, by people who care not for me as a person, but for my celebrity.

Been done before... Next !!!

masterbruce

yeah right, GalacticStorm roll eyes (sarcastic) jk

willRules
I would take the powers then spend 3 years finding the formula that would keep me alive

willRules
Originally posted by yahman
Life is all baout creating a legacy for ones self. (Sorry guys i dont believe in life after Death.) The instant before i die i wan't to know i'll always be rembered. I've always kinda thought the only way to really achieve this; is by being invcredible evil and Killing loads of people (E.G. Adolf Hittler Gengus Kahn). Very Few really Good people have been rembered for a suitably long enough period (Jesus and Gahndi are the only ones who spring to mind. ) With Supermans powers you create the greatest legacy ever known, wether it be for good or evil. smile smile

Ah but Jesus is remembered for being alive, not dead, thats kinda the whole point of the Christianity thing...............

manjaro
i could have sworn the intent of this thread was if you already only have 3 years to live and somebody said hey, here's supes powers! or did i miss something

lft4ded
Same question as Manjaro, too. Is possessing Superman's powers what reduces your life span to 3 years? Or were you doomed anyway?

pr1983
I think its that your told u only have three years to live, and if u want u can have supermans powers for those years...

masterbruce
no no no, by agreeing to take superman's powers, you are reducing your life to 3 years

if you were only going to live 3 years either way, then who wouldn't want superman's powers

here there is a tradeoff between living for a brief period with the ability to do unimaginable feats versus living a much longer, albeit normal life

pr1983
Originally posted by masterbruce
no no no, by agreeing to take superman's powers, you are reducing your life to 3 years

if you were only going to live 3 years either way, then who wouldn't want superman's powers

here there is a tradeoff between living for a brief period with the ability to do unimaginable feats versus living a much longer, albeit normal life

Oh.. f*ck that... i'll have 50 years of obscurity please... big grin

Unless of course i lost everyone i loved and cared about...

masterbruce
what happened to doing all you can to save the world, you selfish bum smile

on a serious note, consider living 50 years

1/3 is spent on work and 1/3 is on sleep, so you are left with about 16 years in actual time

pr1983
what happened to doing all you can to save the world, you selfish bum smile

on a serious note, consider living 50 years

1/3 is spent on work and 1/3 is on sleep, so you are left with about 16 years in actual time

Well there's a certain lady in my life... and she's more important to me than being a hero...

DarkCrawler
I wouldn't do it if I only would get 3 years.

Bardock42
Originally posted by pr1983
Yes...

and i'd do as much as i could to help the world...

That*S why you like this stupid bastard....well I guess I would to though.......its just a lot of power....

pr1983
Originally posted by Bardock42
That*S why you like this stupid bastard....well I guess I would to though.......its just a lot of power....

Not at all...

Its actually his personality as much as his powers...

And somebody as intelligent as him is hardly stupid... stick out tongue

manjaro

well i'll tell whoevre is offering to go shove it!

Bardock42
Not at all...

Its actually his personality as much as his powers...

And somebody as intelligent as him is hardly stupid... stick out tongue

No I meant you like him because he's such a "do-good-have-no-personality" guy......

Intelligent? ......no..not really....not at all actually....with his powers all his eneies should be easy to beat if he was at least a little smart.....but he isn't.....this guy beat Doomsday and he loses against Toy Man...Misa...Riot.....all these other idiot villains...they suck so uch.....

pr1983
No I meant you like him because he's such a "do-good-have-no-personality" guy......

Intelligent? ......no..not really....not at all actually....with his powers all his eneies should be easy to beat if he was at least a little smart.....but he isn't.....this guy beat Doomsday and he loses against Toy Man...Misa...Riot.....all these other idiot villains...they suck so uch.....

Not at all... he has plenty of personality...

its not about intelligence, its about self control... he loses because by nature he's not an angry person, he has no sense of revenge or hate...

Bardock42
Yes....he hides it very good though.....another superpower?

No he loses cause he's t stupiud to remember that he is faster than a bullet...or stronger than ....stronger than....well stronger than Darkseid (What the ****ing **** was that all aboot anyways....)

Just think aboot what Batsy could do if he had Supes powers just for one day.....

pr1983
Yes....he hides it very good though.....another superpower?

No he loses cause he's t stupiud to remember that he is faster than a bullet...or stronger than ....stronger than....well stronger than Darkseid (What the ****ing **** was that all aboot anyways....)

Just think aboot what Batsy could do if he had Supes powers just for one day.....

No... its called professionalism...

Its called restraint, i said it before...stick out tongue

Bruce couldnt handle it...

Bardock42
No... its called professionalism...

Its called restraint, i said it before...stick out tongue

Bruce couldnt handle it...

ooookkkkaaaaaayyyy......I guess he is a professional.....he's just not very deep

Restraint yes...cause its better to get beat by a lame supervillain than break them a few bones (tats why Batsy is better again) ....there are good storylines once in a while...like if he fights Cyborg...or the one with the Tribunal or The Joker.....got that was great...Joker Superma...too funny.....

Yea you are right...he couldn't handle the perfect world he would have achieved after aboot 2 Minutes.......but how do you mean he couldn't "handle" it?

hotsauce6548
Erm... no.

pr1983
ooookkkkaaaaaayyyy......I guess he is a professional.....he's just not very deep

Restraint yes...cause its better to get beat by a lame supervillain than break them a few bones (tats why Batsy is better again) ....there are good storylines once in a while...like if he fights Cyborg...or the one with the Tribunal or The Joker.....got that was great...Joker Superma...too funny.....

Yea you are right...he couldn't handle the perfect world he would have achieved after aboot 2 Minutes.......but how do you mean he couldn't "handle" it?

Not deep to you...

He never crosses the line... simple as that... he doesnt do what he does through hate, he does it simply because he chooses to help those without his powers...

Perfect world? Batman would rule through fear... i think the power would corrupt him...

Fanboy
No because there would not be a point.

Bardock42
Not deep to you...

He never crosses the line... simple as that... he doesnt do what he does through hate, he does it simply because he chooses to help those without his powers...

Perfect world? Batman would rule through fear... i think the power would corrupt him...

No not deep in general...that's absolute...not y opinion stick out tongue

Ok, I guess he is a decent person...I don't want to read his comics though..no.,.nope...never

It wouldn't..hes Batman he can do everything........okay...I shouldn't spam the Supy Forum anymore....

long pig
I would so seriously kill half the planet.

I'm not even joking.

First, I kill india and china, then possibly russia and iran and most of africa.

I then take all the gold and from all the countries I blew up and make a massive ball, then go into space and throw it at mexico.

K3VIL
I'll take over the world, then find a woman so I'll have a son who will keep my empire alive, and so will do his son, and the son of his son, forever.

Spelljammer
I'll get back to you if Bran-Bran tells me "sorry, I just don't like you" in which case I'll say yes and I'm sure DC would get plenty of inspiration of a otherworld storyline where Supes loses his mind because Lois would not marry him and oblitherates the Earth. Batman divises a kryptonian disease that will kill him in the next three years, but untill then with the help of Lex Luthor and many other familiar faces, they have to keep Superman from destroying everything.

GalacticStorm
Oh.. f*ck that... i'll have 50 years of obscurity please... big grin

Unless of course i lost everyone i loved and cared about...

Exactly wink

Mindship

I wouldn't necessarily consider being Superman selfish, but, GS, overall I agree with you. I would very much have to consider the impact of my terminal uberhood on my loved ones, and one does not have to be super to do good in the world (as Supes himself said, in the end, the world didn't need a superman, just a brave one). Plus: 3 years sounds like a nice stretch of time when it's before you, but it goes really really really fast.

And ya know, as for legacy: heck, in a million years' time, everything and everyone considered historic now will be, at best, a mote of memory in some crystallized 11-dimensional brane (a fancy way of saying "generally irrelevant"wink. And for those who might consider a million years a long time, in cosmic history it's just another blink of an eye.

Cosmic Cube
Anyone who had Superman's powers, or any other superhero's powers, for that matter, would be corrupted by them. Men are inherently evil. It's our nature. That's why none of us have superhuman abilities. The world would be a living hell.

JediMasterLuke5
I would love to have Superman's powers who wouldnt? I would save people all the time. Being Superman would be the best thing ever.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
I would love to have Superman's powers who wouldnt? I would save people all the time. Being Superman would be the best thing ever.

No you wouldn't. You would kill all of your enemies, take whatever you wanted, and eventually enslave the Earth. You're no different from the rest of us.

Jargon343
Originally posted by Hulk Power
Yeah why not. I'd make them the best three years of my life with all those powers. I'd try to get as many girls as I can. Or I would become a villain and take over the world since no one would be able to stop me.

Reminds me of a joke...

Superman is flying around Metropolis and he looks down to see Wonder Woman, completely naked with her legs spread wide open, sunbathing on a rooftop. Not one to miss an oppertunity, Superman figures he can use his super speed to fly down, get a super quickie and fly away without her even noticing. He does, and flies away.

Down below, Wonder Woman looks up and says 'Why did you stop?'

And her lover The Invisible Man replies, 'I dunno, I just felt a weird vibrating feeling for an instant and now my ass hurts like hell.'

DrDoom101
you only had 3 years to live?

I think I would

of course. there's a girl i like right now who hates me, i bet she would want a superhero to be her boyfriend

olchik
I would want my boyfriend to have superman's powers!smile

Jargon343
You know, there are easier ways to get girls to like you than aquiring superpowers and shortening your lifespan by forty years.

Mainstream
Originally posted by Jargon343
You know, there are easier ways to get girls to like you than aquiring superpowers and shortening your lifespan by forty years.

like becoming a male hooker?

Spelljammer
Well, now that SpellJammer knows the answer, yes, give up dem' powers. And he wouldn't do something so trival as "save the world". There will always be crime and threats. No, SpellJammer would use his power to create a "super" goverment. One that would tottaly reduce the crime-rate by threefold forever! Rather then waste those 3 years tackeling individual case scenarios which he wouldn't even be aware of untill it was too late half of the time anyway.. Seriously, what function would Superman have in an un-super world? There'd be no alternative but to make the world how SpellJammer wanted it..

And yes, he's aware this sounds tremendously like what Supes ends up becoming in other world stories where he joines a neo-fascist goverment and Batman has to kick his ass..

Mainstream
are you talking in 3rd person spelly J?

DrDoom101
Originally posted by Mainstream

laughing out loud laughing

Jargon343
Originally posted by Mainstream

That works, yeah.

jplatinum
With those three years I could find a way to live longer so I'd stay alive and still keep my powers.

CaptainBen
i would take his powers because when your super man nothing can hurt not even yout disease and plus all the ladies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.