Was Luke A Padawan?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Cytoza
If luke was getting trained by obi-wan and yoda thn y ddnt he have the whole hair-do lyke all tha rest of the padawans n since he defeated vader, is he a jedi master...n i wonder if more jedi's were created or wut ever n who trained them? cool

Lil Krueger
I think my Rank for Dark Pointless Thread maker etc. is going to be gone since more idiots are coming.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Darth Cytoza
If luke was getting trained by obi-wan and yoda thn y ddnt he have the whole hair-do lyke all tha rest of the padawans n since he defeated vader, is he a jedi master...n i wonder if more jedi's were created or wut ever n who trained them? cool

Now see Luke wasnt a valley guy so he didnt have to like wear the Jedi hairdo like ya see? cool

sheesh roll eyes (sarcastic)

bilb
why is this in ep 3?? good grief

Stealth Agent
the traditions were destroyed with the jedi.

Have you seen the movies?

Darth Cytoza
but obi-wan couldve told him to get tht ponytail thing cuz he had to wear it...wait...dyd yoda have to wear dat ponytail thyng??

kr3w_killah
but obi-wan couldve told him to get tht ponytail thing cuz he had to wear it...wait...dyd yoda have to wear dat ponytail thyng??

of course not. yoda was the macdaddy of the macdaddies.

Jedi Priestess
I would pay good money to know what this guys English grade is.

Darth Cytoza
actually my english grade is a high b...i juss dnt lyke to type most of tha words fully cuz it takes more time...n more neergy...im maad lazy

Ast Rofan
So everyone else has to suffer because an extra key press or two is way too much work?

Sir Mist
He(or she, whatever) spells 'like' by typing 'lyke' no expression

Is it so much effort to type the right key?no expression

.:Space Opera:.
...because luke would've looked like a c0ck juggling thunder c\/nt if his hair was long.

DeVi| D0do
POOOOOOOS!

no expression

Darth Cytoza
ok ill type right for you people...sorry thumb up

bilb
thank you smile

Ast Rofan
Good, because if Bilb is happy, I am happy. stick out tongue

Jedi Priestess
Ast that is a KICK ASS sig yes

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Ast that is a KICK ASS sig yes

Thanks, but I have an even better version. stick out tongue This site is on fun, no freedom.

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/6011/luthors1cr.gif

Captain REX
Originally posted by Lil Krueger
I think my Rank for Dark Pointless Thread maker etc. is going to be gone since more idiots are coming.

Cram it, Krueger.

Captain REX
Luke technically was a Padawan, but all the traditions were dead; why bother going through the traditions when it would take too much time?

kalsemo
...just a quick question since this thread is still open... howcome yoda took up the responsibility of training luke anyway? In Ep 1, yoda was saying that anakin was "too old" but he was only 9! So how come then yoda didn't think luke was "too old" at 25? Or was the age requirement also a tradition that died?

I know this ain't ep. 3 related, but as long as this thread is allowed to be open here (knock on wood!) I thought, "what the heck, why not ask?"

Ogami Itto
Think about it!!!!! when they made it their was no such thing as a "padawan" or that haircut!!!

That would would be ****ing priceless if luke came to face vader with that haircut!!

They didn't have time to waste with some dumbass hairdo laughing laughing laughing laughing

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by kalsemo
...just a quick question since this thread is still open... howcome yoda took up the responsibility of training luke anyway? In Ep 1, yoda was saying that anakin was "too old" but he was only 9! So how come then yoda didn't think luke was "too old" at 25? Or was the age requirement also a tradition that died?

errrrr cause all the other Jedi were dead blink

kanis
starwars luke wasn't a padawan because he never really had a proper master and also his training was not unlike the old jedi order's training mandates, obi wan started his training because he thought the time was right to start training him but then decided on the death star for yoda to continue his training.
The age requirement is no longer a factor because in luke's order the original force sensitive he found were sometimes his age and some were older than he was. But kyp ,jacen, jaina, anakin and some others were trained from kids so in way its a mixture of old and the new.

Sesse

Captain REX
Luke was 19, not 25. Big difference, but not really. big grin

Obi-Wan said screw it, Luke needs to learn. He would have started early, but they were in hiding.

bilb
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
errrrr cause all the other Jedi were dead blink

laughing laughing laughing laughing

Stunrun
Originally posted by kalsemo

I know this ain't ep. 3 related, but as long as this thread is allowed to be open here (knock on wood!) I thought, "what the heck, why not ask?"

you really think a strange old hermit and a senile muppet would care how old Luke was? f**k the rules!

Sesse
I just don't understand why didn't Obi 1 adopt luke.. Or Yoda... It would have been great had luke been drilled out since he was 2...

bilb
yeah cause that worked out so well the first time when kids were trained early huh? stick out tongue

Padawan
Yep, that's true. He wasn't, nor could he be trained in the same way Anakin was. But in a sense, he was a Padawan as well. cool

Originally posted by Captain REX
Luke technically was a Padawan, but all the traditions were dead; why bother going through the traditions when it would take too much time?

kanis
starwars he was not a padawn, obi wan never thought of luke as a padawan he was just preparing him for want he and yoda believed luke had to do to was to defeat his father.

Sesse
Curiously the situation went upside down from the old days.

Back then, Yoda used to teach the basics for children, and the other jedi would pick their padawans for further education.

Now Obi wan teaches Luke the basics and sends him to yoda for further education.

Some progress has the galaxy made.. yes. urmph. so says yoda, yes, yes, yoda.

Padawan

kanis
alien Er thanks I've just finished reading the episode 3 book and after luke and leia were born obi wan suggested that luke be trained from a child but yoda dismissed it saying it would be better that he would be trained when he as i said when he was needed.

Padawan
Yes, and that makes Luke not a Padawan. wink

Originally posted by kanis
alien Er thanks I've just finished reading the episode 3 book and after luke and leia were born obi wan suggested that luke be trained from a child but yoda dismissed it saying it would be better that he would be trained when he as i said when he was needed.

EsteemedLeader
perhaps they hoped they would not need to train him. they would not want to drag the son of one of their best friends into a war if they didnt have to. when Vader captured Leia, then they decided to train him so he could save his sister.

kanis
starwars And now in the tatooine ghost book leia finds out what anakin did to the tusken raiders in AOTC and that she found a vid diary from her grandmother saying about how much she missed anakin. And she and han discuss on how anakin as a boy gave people hope and then slaughter billions as DV.

xyz jedi
If luke was getting trained by obi-wan and yoda thn y ddnt he have the whole hair-do lyke all tha rest of the padawans n since he defeated vader, is he a jedi master...n i wonder if more jedi's were created or wut ever n who trained them? cool NO! the tradition n shit was over when Palps took over.

overlord
You know what? You should dig deep in the versus forum and use arguments to people there who will never read your petty response.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.