Who SHOULD be able to pick up Mjolnir

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K Von Doom
In my opinion, these should be able to pick up Mjolnir

Hercules: He's got a warrior's spirit which Asgardians (and Odin) hold highly. Although he's a bit of a goof most times, he's still honourable and a son of Zeus

Gladiator: He's the champion of an entire race and Praetor of the Shi Ar Imperial Guard. Similar to Hercules, he's got a warrior's spirit although he's arrogant at times, Thor isn't the model for humility either.

Protectors of the Universe: Quasar and Captain Mar-Vell, just by their designated office as Protectors of the Universe should be able to lift Mjolnir. Both are experienced fighters, honourable, answer to a cosmic being and have sacrificed themselves to save the universe.

Blackbolt: He's supposedly the "perfect" (in)human, moreso than Captain America. He's the monarch of an entire species, powerful, heroic and near flawless (according to Karnak)

Any opinions? eek!

Nataku8188
Me. Cause I rule.

Deadpool, cause he rules, hardcore.

Khellendros
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Me. Cause I rule.
Bastard, I was gonna say that.

ScarletSpider
Haha, the Beta Ray Wade issue rocked. While Priest's run has been somewhat maligned, I enjoyed much of it.

Not sure about Gladiator--he just doesn't seem to have the right mojo, y'know?

I think Blackbolt could. He's very honorable, and like you mentioned, Karnak cannot find any weaknesses, physical or psychological within him.

Isaac Hayes.

pr1983
Superman obviously...

and yes, isaac hayes... the guy just plain rules... even more than nataku... stick out tongue

Nataku8188
No he doesn't. I rule the second hardest, only Wade Wilson rules harder.

pr1983
Originally posted by Nataku8188
No he doesn't. I rule the second hardest, only Wade Wilson rules harder.

Isaac hayes disagrees...

DarkCrawler
Captain Marvel (DC) could.

NAMOR COULD!

(No, not really)

Scoobless
i'd say Superman couldn't.... he doesn't have the whole warrior deal going on

Scoobless
the Punisher??????

olympian
"I think Blackbolt could. He's very honorable, and like you mentioned, Karnak cannot find any weaknesses, physical or psychological within him."

Excelent call.

"the Punisher??????"

Everyone would fear to have such a maniac with that power. But no, not him.

"Captain Marvel (DC) could."

Yup. Like Wonder Woman.

"Hercules: He's got a warrior's spirit which Asgardians (and Odin) hold highly. Although he's a bit of a goof most times, he's still honourable and a son of Zeus"

Probably.....and goof when hes drunk eh. I should know.....

" Namor "

Probably as well. Altho hes too much of a rage person.

" Superman "

Probably. Tho he lacks the warrior code of living the above have, with the exception of Punisher.

willRules
Aunt May should lift it. Suck on that Superman!!!!!!!!

armandovalles
These are the people who i think should be able to lift it:

Wonder Man: he sacrificed his life in his very first appearance to save the Avengers, thats gotta be worth something.

Hercules: when it comes to honor and pride, not many people match up with Thor, but Hercules does.

The Thing: he also has given his life to save his friends, specifically in the Authoritave Action story arc which proves he is worthy, plus he is a very honorably fighter, such as when he fought the Champion.

Captain Marvel (DC): very honorable, such as when Superman was possessed by Eclipso and CM couldve killed him but refused to because he said it was wrong. Also, read the end of Kingdom Come.

Captain Mar-Vell: probly the most honorably character ever in comics for many reasons which im not gonna get into for many reasons.

Gladiator: maybe he could, maybe he couldnt, that would be something i would like to see.

People who have: Beta Ray Bill, Thunderstrike, Superman, Wonder Woman, Odin. All these guys do deserve to lift it, but they already have done so in comics so i dont need to list why.

Captain America: like Captain Mar-Vell, Cap is just one of those heroes that you always have a good feeling about.

Hawkeye: sacrificed himself in Avengers Disassembled and has been very honorably throughout his entire history. Was also the founder of the reformed bad guys team, the Thunderbolts.

Atlas: has reformed his ways from being a villain and is now very honorably, willing to sacrifice himself if need be to save innocent lives.

willRules
thats a cool list but you left out Aunt May

Scoobless
Armo... Captain America has lifted it ... if you're going by the crossover then Superman cannot

pr1983
Originally posted by Scoobless
i'd say Superman couldn't.... he doesn't have the whole warrior deal going on

But he's one of the most honourable heroes there is...

Originally posted by Scoobless
Armo... Captain America has lifted it ... if you're going by the crossover then Superman cannot

Crossovers are shit...

Creshosk
Originally posted by pr1983
Crossovers are shit... Really? That's too bad:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a9/SupermanHammer.jpg/409px-SupermanHammer.jpg

pr1983
Originally posted by Creshosk
Really? That's too bad:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a9/SupermanHammer.jpg/409px-SupermanHammer.jpg

Oh yes, that really convinces me of the validity of crossovers... just like when venom beat the shit out of superman... stick out tongue

Creshosk
Originally posted by pr1983
Oh yes, that really convinces me of the validity of crossovers... just like when venom beat the shit out of superman... stick out tongue Not the validity, just the whole Superman holding the Mjolnir picture thing.

pr1983
Not the validity, just the whole Superman holding the Mjolnir picture thing.

I'm honestly not that bothered whether he has or hasnt... inter company business is no good, because there's too much in fighting over certain details...

I just think if the opportunity presented itself that he would be able...

K3VIL
Superman was able to use Mjolnir cause as sayed from Thor at the end of the battle, Odin imbued it with a special enchantment, even if you're not worth of it, you can lift it under certain circumstances, in that case, Supes was the only one Thor could count on to pass through Krona's final line of defense.
At the end of the fight, Supes wasn't able to lift the hammer again.
His way of thinking doesn't make him a worth pretendant.

Scoobless
Not the validity, just the whole Superman holding the Mjolnir picture thing.

like so....

pr1983
Originally posted by K3VIL
Superman was able to use Mjolnir cause as sayed from Thor at the end of the battle, Odin imbued it with a special enchantment, even if you're not worth of it, you can lift it under certain circumstances, in that case, Supes was the only one Thor could count on to pass through Krona's final line of defense.
At the end of the fight, Supes wasn't able to lift the hammer again.
His way of thinking doesn't make him a worth pretendant.

His way of thinking?

Creshosk
Again, not the validity, but for the picture.

Without the crossover we would only get a picture like that would be fanart.

olympian
If you count already existent comics, then neither Namor and Superman can grab and use the hammer. Namor already tried to pick it up way back in Avengers # 4 i think. And Superman as we saw in Jla/Avengers, isent consider worthy to pick it up.

DrDoom
*sigh*

Once again, Superman IS worthy enough to lift the hammer. Besides the Marvels and WW, Supes is one of the purest souls in the DCU.

Avengers/JLA doesn't count, because Marvel had DC agree that if Supes beat Thor, then he couldn't lift his hammer. Avengers/JLA was all about checks and balances.

olympian
"Once again, Superman IS worthy enough to lift the hammer. Besides the Marvels and WW, Supes is one of the purest souls in the DCU"

The only source we have of him trying says he isent.

"Avengers/JLA doesn't count, because Marvel had DC agree that if Supes beat Thor, then he couldn't lift his hammer. Avengers/JLA was all about checks and balances."

Have any proof where you base this claims? Of course if the only official Crossover between the companies to date doesnt count, then Thor was never defeated by Superman. Neither Wonder Woman had any advantage watsoever against Hercules in the first figth.

Suits fine for me.

K Von Doom
Originally posted by DrDoom
*sigh*
Once again, Superman IS worthy enough to lift the hammer. Besides the Marvels and WW, Supes is one of the purest souls in the DCU.

I don't think having a "pure" soul has anything to do with it or else Thor as a kid, or any other kid for that matter, would be able to use the hammer.

DrDoom
Well instead of pure, put noble,or honorable.

If anyone needs proof of how A/JLA was full of checks and balances then they haven't read the comic. The sole reason that the first crossover was scrapped was because of Marvel and DC bickering over who would lose to who. Neither company wanted their heroes to get beaten...which was understandable.

So Busiek wrote the only story he could: one where for every loss, there was also a victory (even if they were small).

Examples:

Thor lost to Superman (due to PIS), but Superman couldn't lift his hammer. Thor later also hinted that he would beat Supes in a rematch.

Photon got worked by GL, but later she learned from the last fight, and took him down.

Flash was too fast for Pietro in the DCU, but when he went to Marvel Earth he lost his speed advantage.

She Hulk was curbstomping Aquaman, but he used his wits to outsmart her.

Batman admitted that Cap might be able to beat him...might. So that way the companies top street level heroes didn't lose any face.

There are more from where that came from, but I need to read thru the series again to get the specifics.

Still, A/JLA is canon--at least in the DCU. I think Supes wasn't able to lift Mjolnir because of what the Grandmaster did to he and Cap.

armandovalles
Another one was that WW was stomping Herc the first time they fought, but the second time, even though they only showed one panel of the second time they fought, it seemed like Herc was winning.

The Scarlet Witch and Zatanna stayed even throughout both of their battles, neither one of them ever got the advantage over the other one.

Wonder Man was winning against GL, but Superman evened it out by beating Warbird all on the same page.

Blue Beetle knocked out Black Panther in their first fight, but then BP knocked out BB in the second one.

K Von Doom
I'm pretty sure Odin lifted the "worthy" enchantment, as Thor said, so that Superman would be able to use it.

Normally, I'm certain Superman wouldn't be able to lift the hammer, although he is one honourable dude, he doesn't have the warrior spirit or "joy of battle" thing that Wonderwoman, Hercules and Gladiator have.

pr1983
Thats an actual criteria? Loving battle?

olympian
"If anyone needs proof of how A/JLA was full of checks and balances then they haven't read the comic. The sole reason that the first crossover was scrapped was because of Marvel and DC bickering over who would lose to who. Neither company wanted their heroes to get beaten...which was understandable"

Of course neither company wants to lose face. That doesnt make it less official. As far as crossovers go, this is the one to count. Now like i said if you dont count it, its fine by me the same way. I take it in consideration. If some fights wer good or not, it was the writters and editors interpretation.

In the end like armando said, pretty much all fights ended in a stalemate.

Bat and Cap. One round was enougth.

Superman got his arse handled the first time they met (issue#1). Without a sucker shot btw, unlike what some say, to make it feel cheep. And he won in the Savage Land.

Wonder Woman managed to overpower Hercules in asgard but got overpowered in the savage land.

Flash totally beat Quicksilver the first time they met, but in the savage land without speed force for Flash to use, Silver beated him.

The main fights wer all like this. Stalemates.

And Superman didnt lifted the hammer because he and Cap wer weird. That happened before the final figth. He didnt, because he doesnt have what it takes to overcome the specific enchantment placed by Odin. At least by this source.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.