boba fett survive!!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

commander gree
boba fett is my favorite character so i looked at internet and found out that boba survive the sarlacc. okay it takes 1000 years for the sarrlacc to melt the prey and boba sitts there and hes bored and then for a while dengar helps him up! smile (please no bullshit!)

Darth_Janus
According to George Lucas (And this is a movie section, not Expanded Universe section mind you) Boba Fett is dead. So traditionally, he's dead. But apparently, since he was the object of fans and losers alike, he was "saved" and featured in many EU books.

Sesse
If "he was saved" case was true, then the best plan for luke would have been to leave Lando behind and jump into the pit along with Gan and Leia. Then wait for a few hours for rescue to come... So I suppose sarlacc is quite deadly...

Morridini
It was Bobas armor that saved him, plus his weapon so he was able to blow the sarlac up from the inside.

Darth_Janus
You mean to tell me that his cheap, lightweight armor that barely covered his body protected him from being digested in that beast, and that he killed it and just what? Walked out?

Morridini
Something like that yes.

commander gree
well i readed it at the swedish starwars site

Darth_Janus
Wow. Stupid.

commander gree
stupid?

Darth_Janus
Yeah, as in, Boba Fett surviving all that is stupid. Just placating fanboys.

Ushgarak
Yup- as already mentioned, in film continuity, Boba Fett is dead. EU continuity is different, and there he survives.

SS_181st_Snow
Even tho I'm an EU person more than a movie person, Fett is dead to me. Some EU IS bullshit, like Luke being able to withstand an infantry of Yuuzhan Vong and take them all down singlehandedly. Atleast that's what I hear he does. But also, Boba Fett HELPING Han and Leia? That's bullshit too. I don't agree with that kinda shit, since it contridicts the movies. He spends 1 movie searching for Han, and takes him to Jabba, yet later he ends up helping the only person ever to excape him? No, I don't believe that. There's my 2 cents and a nickle.

Darth Chronos
Once a villain, always a villain...

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by SS_181st_Snow
Even tho I'm an EU person more than a movie person, Fett is dead to me. Some EU IS bullshit, like Luke being able to withstand an infantry of Yuuzhan Vong and take them all down singlehandedly. Atleast that's what I hear he does. But also, Boba Fett HELPING Han and Leia? That's bullshit too. I don't agree with that kinda shit, since it contridicts the movies. He spends 1 movie searching for Han, and takes him to Jabba, yet later he ends up helping the only person ever to excape him? No, I don't believe that. There's my 2 cents and a nickle.

I definately agree. I mean, some EU material (especially stuff that takes place post-ROTJ... ) reads like glorified fanfiction, and it's just plain stupid. And as for Boba Fett... he was a minor character who became a god just because people liked the way he looked, and next thing you know his "father" was the template for the Clone army and he survived the mighty sarlaac's stomach acids.

I like the idea of EU, don't get me wrong... but I'd love for GL to step in and finally draw up some guidelines to curb the crap.

Revan Ecks
i always come to thought he had clone of his own

Tangible God
Boba survived. End of monkey.

Sesse
... only to die in ROTJ. Monkey ends.

Da preacher
Monkey starts. And survive the Sarlacc. monkey ends.

jollyjim311
Well, if anyone could get out, it would be Boba, and in my heart, he lived, he is just that good...

Master Naresh
to me he is DEAD, they brought him back so his fans could still buy their books

Captain REX
Rex shoots the monkey with a non-revivable bullet. no expression

Fett is dead.

Tangible God
Jango got beheaded, Boba out to be deaded.

But he isn't, which sucks, because HE sucks, and I hate the fact that little bastard has such a cult-like following. I mean c'mon, what the hell is so great about the f*ckin guy?

Ianus
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/1498/homogayboba0uo.jpg

Tangible God
Oh, I need a dance partner!

Damn it, where's MC when I need him?

shaber
Those who wished to milk the franchise for all it was worth saved him by a Deus Ex Machina - but Lucas would prefer him to have suffered the terrible fate of being digested by the sarlaac.

Gen. Chambers
Originally posted by Ianus
According to George Lucas (And this is a movie section, not Expanded Universe section mind you) Boba Fett is dead. So traditionally, he's dead. But apparently, since he was the object of fans and losers alike, he was "saved" and featured in many EU books.

Just a bunch of fan boys with no lives or ability to create a good story themselves.

Ganner Rhysode
Well, first of all, I don't think Boba was a loser in the movies. You guys all talked about how crappy he was in the movies and how the EU is what made him cool, but he DID do some cool things, and I'm going to stick entirely to the movies. (I won't go into novelizations or any of that)

For instance, of all the bounty hunters Vader hired, Boba was the ONE who captured Han. He also spoke back to Vader, unlike everyone else to fear him, and he questioned Vader's judgement. Also, he got some shots in at Luke, had a badass, unique looking ship, and DID do some cool stuff at the battle of Jabba's Sail Barge, whether you admit it or not.

And, according to the EU, the sarlaac didn't like the taste of the metal, and Boba also used his flamethrower/gun, and the things regurgitated him, and he was dying and Dengar came along and saved him.

And finally, I believe the GL stance was "In the movies, Boba's dead, yes, but afterwards, he's alive," or something to that effect.

Pondo Booboo
Originally posted by Darth Chronos
Once a villain, always a villain...

Boba Fett aint a villain, he's a mercenary. He's like the man with no name in the Dollars trilogy.

steverules
Do u guy's hate Boba Fett?

Shadow x 20
Originally posted by Ganner Rhysode
Well, first of all, I don't think Boba was a loser in the movies. You guys all talked about how crappy he was in the movies and how the EU is what made him cool, but he DID do some cool things, and I'm going to stick entirely to the movies. (I won't go into novelizations or any of that)

For instance, of all the bounty hunters Vader hired, Boba was the ONE who captured Han. He also spoke back to Vader, unlike everyone else to fear him, and he questioned Vader's judgement. Also, he got some shots in at Luke, had a badass, unique looking ship, and DID do some cool stuff at the battle of Jabba's Sail Barge, whether you admit it or not.

And, according to the EU, the sarlaac didn't like the taste of the metal, and Boba also used his flamethrower/gun, and the things regurgitated him, and he was dying and Dengar came along and saved him.

And finally, I believe the GL stance was "In the movies, Boba's dead, yes, but afterwards, he's alive," or something to that effect.

If Boba got Vader pissed off in ESB then he wouldn't be around in ROTJ.

SS_181st_Snow
Originally posted by Tangible God
Jango got beheaded, Boba out to be deaded.

Dude, you can write a rap song about that.

Ganner Rhysode
Originally posted by Shadow x 20
If Boba got Vader pissed off in ESB then he wouldn't be around in ROTJ.

I never said he pissed off Vader, he just showed some spine.

Like in RotJ, when Leia showed some spine towards Jabba and demanded more credits? Jabba wasn't angry, was he? No, on the contrary, he was actually quite pleased.

willman
he died, in all the games, he dies. only the drooling from fanboys mouths remains. the fett light has gone out of the galaxy. he is probably a pool of gunk now.

Ganner Rhysode
If by "in all the games, he dies," you mean in Dark Forces, you defeat, but not kill him, and in Jedi Academy you fight him and defeat him, whilst not killing him, then yes, I believe you're right.

Kaithen
NO NO NO NO HE SURVIVED.....

Please read the book Mandalorian armor...
Bobas armor helped him survive, with his weapon he killed the sarlacc from the inside..... Dengar just see him and helps him up.... BOBA SURVIVES
please im not a fan boy just read the book

Ushgarak
But specifically, only in the EU. George Lucas has made it clear- in the films, he is dead.

And this is the film section.

DarthMaul9123
FETT IS NOT DEAD, go to SW Databanks Search for boba fett and read that he infact survived!!!!!!!!

DarthMaul9123
Originally posted by Tangible God
Boba survived. End of monkey.
i would have said that myself.....no joke

SpyCspider
to the general moviegoer who watched the films, Boba is dead...that's the whole point. You fall into that saarlac, you get eaten, done. Anything else that points to the contrary--ie. internet sites, books, wikipedia, etc is just extraneous.

Otherwise, I can interpret Jabba as being passed out rather than being strangled to death. Or the fact that although his ship blew up, he's not dead cuz they never showed us his burnt fat slug of a body.

Ushgarak
Good Lord, do people even bother to read posts?

PLEASE take a few moments to read a thread properly. Anyone jumping in and saying "No, you are all wrong, Fett is alive" as if we had somehow not bothered to do any checking ourselves, and not having read the posts that dwell on this very issue, is only going to annoy everyone.

Once more- GL considers Fett dead; Fett is alive ONLY in the differing continuity of the EU, as specifically decided by GL.

overlord
I'll explain what Ushgarak said in a kid way because people will most likely still not understand.

Although you can see a certain logic in Boba Fett surviving, he did die in RotJ according to the script.
The EU has contradicted Lucas in this part, but because Lucas' personal work is more important than EU, then we will consider Lucas' original intention as canon (true).

For example: Maul obviously died in TPM but returns in a comic. If you are going to take this very serious, then this doesn't mean that Maul actually was roaming around during the rest of the SW plot.
Maul is dead according to Lucas' intention therefor the EU contradiction is overruled.

Of course the Boba Fett case wasn't as obvious as Maul's but since the original intention of Lucas was that he died: then he died.

Compare this to Mace Windu's death.. Just because we didn't see him actually die, then it doesn't mean that someone can just contradict this obvious intention by writing a silly book about it.

chilled monkey
Who else remembers the good old days when the movies, books, comics etc were all part of one smooth fully integrated whole?

Before Lucas suddenly decided 'stuff it. I can't be bothered with all this.'
Back then, the books etc were all canon.

No offence intended.

Ushgarak
Err, that was never, ever true, so no-one remembers it.

It's worth noting that there is more to this than what Overlord says, which is the normal situation (movies overrule all else). Fett is dead in the movies- GL has made this clear. That being the case, normally any EU source which said otherwise would be entirely wrong, because the EU automatically accepts anything that happens in the movies.

But GL specifically authorised Fett's ressurection for the EU only in one of his rare interventions in the EU.

GL regretted killing Fett as he did in retrospect (he didn't realise how popular Fett was), so this was probably just a sop to the fans.

But it still remains, that as far as the movies are concerned, Fett is as dead as dead can be.

Council#13
right! (didnt catch a word)

DarthMaul9123
just go to sw databank its the official web site so that has to count for somthing

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Err, that was never, ever true, so no-one remembers it.

Yes it was. Read 'Star Wars: The Secrets of Shadows of the Empire'. They mention how everything had to be kept in continuity.

For example, if your novel has Luke go to a planet, they had to check that he hadn't already been there in a previous novel or comic.

Ushgarak
But only within the separate continuity of the EU. You were implying that there was only one cotinuity of everything. This is not so and it was never ever so. From the release of the first ever Star Wars book, the EU was located in a parallel universe with a different continuity.

Cascador
for as far as George Lucas was thinking...you said it yourself, he regretted of killing Fett. That is why he wanted to film Fett crawling out of the pit. But later he decided that it would be better to keep it a mystery...so its each fans right to believe whatever happened to Fett, but the way I see it, because George Lucas intended to film it...he wanted Fett to live...so if he wanted him to live...I believe he survived, otherwise he wouldn't agree to let him live in EU either IMO.

JaehSkywalker
buster survived?!?! heck!

CBright7831
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Yup- as already mentioned, in film continuity, Boba Fett is dead. EU continuity is different, and there he survives.
I see it as if it were like a comic book movie - you see him fall in, but you don't see a body, so it's possible he survived. That's the way I've always seen it and it will never change.

overlord
The idea clearly indicates that he died, unless Lucas or the movie says otherwise, this will not be overruled.
Should Lucas show everybody dying? People even thought that Kit Fisto might have survived!

Cascador
Well the fact that he wanted to change it and let Boba Fett live..is for me the same as Lucas saying that he didn't diewink

Fox4
http://www.endorsystem.com/ClieggLars2.jpg
"Your Boba Fett's dead,son.Accept it."

Cascador
Originally posted by Fox4
"Your Boba Fett's dead,son.Accept it."

Can't you post anything else man! stick out tongue

Fox4
Originally posted by Cascador
Can't you post anything else man! stick out tongue Can't help it! big grin

CBright7831
"Where are you going?"

"To find my Boba."

Jack Daniels
Fett just happened to have a bottle of my "special" Jack Daniels with red bull in it when he fell in and it gave he wings so he just flew out end of story fett lives...LONG LIVE JACK DANIELS!! hehe

Fox4
Originally posted by CBright7831
"Where are you going?"

"To find my Boba."
"Your Boba's dead,son.Accept it."

Sesse
Stay here Boba, these are good people.
Ooooh! Anakin!

Cascador
Boba and Anakin...grrrr the pedofile! lol

fox4, try to be more original and say something useful!stick out tongue

SpyCspider
Originally posted by CBright7831
"Where are you going?"

"To find my Boba."

totally random, but boba in chinese Mandarin is slang for "breasts." Or Tapioca balls. So yea...use that for your definition.

stormtrooper501
Personally, Boba Fett is one of my favorite Star Wars characters. However, I don't believe he survived. I'm a movie person and as much as I like Boba Fett...well, let's just say, everyone has to die sometime.

Arker
Why must people bring retarded threads back from the dead... Why???

Blaxican_Jedi
Because the KMC forum members are all against you.

Tangible God
"Watch out, that Mod's got a gun!"

Blaxican_Jedi
*throws tangible in front of him and uses him as a shield*

JediKatarn1
Boba Fett survived the Sarlacc pit in ROTJ and will reappear in Episode VII-The Fallen Hero to fight one last battle against Mace Windu. Boba kills Mace Windu for the death of Jango Fett in AOTC. Boba might be leader of the Mandelorian Super Commandos in Episode VIII-The Republic in Crisis.

Alliance
QUEEQ. THIS IS EU. CLOSE.

General G
FOSSIL THREAD. CLOSE!

Alliance
DROID. KILL.

General G
CLONE. TEAR LIMB FROM LIMB

Alliance
YEAH RIGHT GEARHEAD.

You couldn't pull wings off a mynock.

Count Makashi
Originally posted by JediKatarn1
Boba Fett survived the Sarlacc pit in ROTJ and will reappear in Episode VII-The Fallen Hero to fight one last battle against Mace Windu. Boba kills Mace Windu for the death of Jango Fett in AOTC. Boba might be leader of the Mandelorian Super Commandos in Episode VIII-The Republic in Crisis.

I hate you.

Alliance
I love how when these EU SPAM threads get opened, the new movies always have such crappy titles like : "Episde VII: A Long Day at Work."

General G
Well, queeq hasn't been in here in a while to close things off.

Alliance
but he's been in the PT thread...this is in dire need of a mod.

General G
Well, get Ush. Maybe he can help.

Alliance
Ush has been in the PT forum too.

General G
So why is nobody coming here?

Alliance
Nobody knows.

General G
Make random threads, someone will have to clean it up eventually.

Alliance
Nah, that doesn't solve the problem.

General G
But then someone will start reporting and will go to a mod (queeq) and he then would have to clean everything up.

You got a better idea?

Alliance
Become mod.

General G
Well, doesn't look like either of us are.

Alliance
Not yet.

General G
And why are you so sure of yourself?

Alliance
I wouldn't have phrased it that way

General G
And why not? I can definately hint at some cockiness.

queeq
EU thread. And off topic but not OT.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.