Look what I found about KotOR 3. (Just speculation for now.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



Nactous
"As a leading representative of BioWare Corp. given the mamoth task of publicising the next in the series of Knights Of The Old Republic games (KOTOR 3), I have permission to confirm that this title is now several months underway.

This may come as a surprise to those who are currently reading this, as it was previously believed that the KOTOR staff had been cut from the LucasArts project. I can also confirm that the KOTOR 3 team is now officially on LucasArts budget and eagerly developing what we hope to be a 'must have' title on as of yet unconfirmed Next Generation platforms for 2006.

With more details to be released in the coming weeks, 3 points concerning KOTOR 3 can be posted:

1)The story takes place in a period roughly 14 years after KOTOR 2: The Sith Lords.

2)There will be new characters, equipment, classes, mini games and an entirely new combat system based on the interface used on Jade Empire.

3)The plot follows directly from the last game, plunging the galaxy into war with the True Sith.

This has yet to be posted onto the BioWare official website (www.bioware.com) as the pages are currently serving as a front to keep viewers occupied during a drastic remodelling process of the entire site.

As previously stated, this message is soon to be posted around the internet, and new details are to be released soon.

Keep checking back for more information."


Is this rumor, speculation. I have a feeling it may be real, if so, the best part is....BIOWARE is back.

Morridini
Originally posted by Nactous
1)The story takes place in a period roughly 14 years after KOTOR 2: The Sith Lords.

Hmm, 14 years. Didn't expect that.

Originally posted by Nactous
2)There will be new characters, equipment, classes, mini games and an entirely new combat system based on the interface used on Jade Empire.

So they are changing the combat system? Interesting.

Originally posted by Nactous
3)The plot follows directly from the last game, plunging the galaxy into war with the True Sith.

How can it follow directly after KotOR II if the setting is 14 years after KotOR II?

Originally posted by Nactous
Is this rumor, speculation. I have a feeling it may be real, if so, the best part is....BIOWARE is back.

I would like to think it is true.
And as for BIOWARE being back, that deserves this: Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance

Zachara
Originally posted by Morridini

And as for BIOWARE being back, that deserves this: Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance

Heh, yes indeed. I think Obsidian (sp?) did alright, but did anyone else find KOTOR ...I don't know...Cleaner than KOTOR 2.

Nactous
Ah, its good to see you back Zachara. wink

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Zachara
Heh, yes indeed. I think Obsidian (sp?) did alright, but did anyone else find KOTOR ...I don't know...Cleaner than KOTOR 2.

A bigger budget, more time, and larger crew will do that to a game.

Zachara
Too true and yes, Nactous, I'm back.
What the world be like without the Bitchy Ass.. - I mean Zachy.. yes. YEs, Zachy. Everybody loves Zachy. wink

Darth_Janus
37 posts total??? Girl, get posting!

ESB-1138
The True Sith. I wonder who it is...anyone know?

Illustrious
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
37 posts total??? Girl, get posting!

Time to get busy.

Morridini
Originally posted by ESB-1138
The True Sith. I wonder who it is...anyone know?

Perhaps the sith specie.
But I thought they were all extinct by Exar Kuns time.

ESB-1138
Maybe it's someone who makes Revan looks like a pussy.

Zachara
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
37 posts total??? Girl, get posting!

Trying wink

Joined a while ago, lost interest, came back, posted, made friends, went on vacation, came back again, posted a little again, going on vacation once again.

And I only post in SW EU since I've not felt like exploring anything else.



I think the True Sith are the Sith that live in the Unknown Regions of Space and who once ruled over certain regions of the Known Galaxy before even Naga and Ragnos and all them dudes and dudettes were born.

At the end of KOTOR 2, Kreia says about 10 times before shes dies that the Exile must go into those Regions: "Where the Sith - the True Sith- wait for us in the dark."
She also says that Revan went there to fight with them (whether Revan was light or dark side) and that Revan needs all the warriors he/she can get. That's why Kreia sends the Exile (if he/she is light side).

So, I'm ready to see a full scale war on planets, or above planets, we've never seen before if we're fighting the True Sith and some Cool Shiny New Force Powers. Because you gotta admit, Force Crush and Enlightenment were really freakin' fun.


http://vgamers.de/screenshots/kotor2/k2_force_crush_on_evil_sith.jpg

HEHEHEHEHEHE!



Peace Out!
Zachy big grin

Great Vengeance
This is good news if its true, with bioware at the helm kotor 3 will turn out nicely.

.:Space Opera:.
i think that bioware will take the storyline of kotor 2 (which was hanging by a thread) and make some sense out of it. i bet they're pissed about how obsidian totally pissed on the original kotor storyline.

El_NINO
so does that mean the exile wasnt really the last jedi?? shows how much obsedian screwed up the second games storyline.

I just hope we get to see the exile or revan and have some questions answered.

Zachara
No, the exile wasn't the last Jedi. He/she was just the only one the Sith could find. The rest went into hiding until you either killed them (darkside) or they got killed by someone else (lightside). Either Darkside or lightside, I think the Jedi Order somehow survived, otherwise we wouldn't of had the Jedi for the furture.

Fishy
Not necessarily, the Jedi order could have been reformed numerous times. It would not be that strange, just one surviving Jedi is enough. But its clear that the Exile is not the last Jedi, Bastila if Revan was LS was still around during Kotor II. The Exile just had something special and he could be found

Darth_Glentract
I refuse to belive that The Exile is the last of the Jedi. Bastila is around. Juhani and Jolee may also be around. The Exile also may have taught Atton, Handmaiden, Mira. Visas is also still around. There are plenty of Sith Assassins that the Exile or Atton could teach.

Just got a KOTOR 3 Idea:

What if Atton was the leader of a Jedi Academy that was teaching former Sith Assasssins the ways of the Jedi.

Darth Koroni
Wait... does this mean they've also gotten a 12-month development cycle? If so, damn you Lucasarts, Damn yoouuu!!

Darth_Janus
Brianna was prophesized by Kreia to rebuild the Order, and Mira was supposed to die protecting someone in the near future. We know that much, unless Bioware plans to just override Obsidian, which would be a serious mistake.

Hornyman
Originally posted by Nactous
"As a leading representative of BioWare Corp. given the mamoth task of publicising the next in the series of Knights Of The Old Republic games (KOTOR 3), I have permission to confirm that this title is now several months underway.

This may come as a surprise to those who are currently reading this, as it was previously believed that the KOTOR staff had been cut from the LucasArts project. I can also confirm that the KOTOR 3 team is now officially on LucasArts budget and eagerly developing what we hope to be a 'must have' title on as of yet unconfirmed Next Generation platforms for 2006.

With more details to be released in the coming weeks, 3 points concerning KOTOR 3 can be posted:

1)The story takes place in a period roughly 14 years after KOTOR 2: The Sith Lords.

2)There will be new characters, equipment, classes, mini games and an entirely new combat system based on the interface used on Jade Empire.

3)The plot follows directly from the last game, plunging the galaxy into war with the True Sith.

This has yet to be posted onto the BioWare official website (www.bioware.com) as the pages are currently serving as a front to keep viewers occupied during a drastic remodelling process of the entire site.

As previously stated, this message is soon to be posted around the internet, and new details are to be released soon.

Keep checking back for more information."


Is this rumor, speculation. I have a feeling it may be real, if so, the best part is....BIOWARE is back.

Woohoo! They're using Jade Empire's fighting system. That fighting system is great.

Darth Koroni
Kreia pretty much prophisized that all of the Exile's students will rebuild the Order, except for Bao-Dur and Atton.

Besides, now that Nihilus was destroyed all the individual Jedi can come out of hiding and be really snooty in KotOR 3.

Darth_Janus
"Oh, the Jedi Civil War? Petty thing, that. Survived it all. Now get me a drink, padawan."

Snobby Jedi.

SaintDaneSlayer
Hey Nactous, i ask a huge favor. ne estimates or ne thing like years or months on the relase of KOTOR 3?

jedihuh?
I've posted this other places, but I have a theroy that they're going to have a revamped version of KOTOR 2 come with the new xbox, with all bells and whisltes on it just like the revamp halo2. and the only reason why they released it last year was to make money. they released the shitty version for the xbox and had to release the shitty version for the pc because they couldn't have a better version for either. Im not sure how it will work for pc users when it comes out. I haven't put that much thought into it, but it would definatly be sweet if they did, and it would be a good lead up to the KOTOR 3 release which im pretty sure they're working on as well just keeping it a secret. this is all just me dreaming tho.

Nactous
Well, SaintDaneSlayer, my guess, and its always a good one, is that it should be out about next year, if not will see something at E3 about it.

Jarlotee
Well about Kreia saying he was the last of the Jedi, if you ask her (light side) at the end of the game she tells you about your companions.

Basically all the people you can train as Jedi's during the game become the new order when your gone according to her. Like Mira and the Handmaiden etc they all learned from you and will rebuild the Jedi order with you gone....

So thats where im guessing the Jedi might rebuild from, is those people considering all the known masters died?

Iono thats what i remember though....

(Hi everyone!)

big grin big grin

Fox4
I hope to god they put robes with hoods in this time.

Darth Chronos
Originally posted by Fox4
I hope to god they put robes with hoods in this time.

I second that.

Ya know, its better if we could design our own sith/jedi clothing, including our own PC's face/body, and colour design, having a choice from alot of different masks, eyes, marks etc etc.

smile

darth-yoda
yes wooo hoooo nactous i hope this is true wooo hoooo right this is my idea on the hole story the exile and other members of his party have been training firce sensitives for 14 years see the timeline would fit that means that wewould have jedi temples one of you party being the master at each temple then the exile gets a message from revan he is called of to help revan taking with him the strongest student from each temple now what about the PC you could be a new recruit at the exiles or maybe visas or handmaidens temple and somehow you end up going to help the exile or you could be the exile or revan but i thik a newPC would be better then we can have kotor 4 big grin now back to the story yopur on a ship going to locate were the distress signal from revan came from on your way there you get abushed by a sith fleet you captured and taking abourd you get your party back together and escape finding revan on your way now our mission is to destroy something that will hurt the sith like amybe a holy planet or a factroy planet something that will stop the sith for a short period of time you on the way kill sith genarals lords ect the game ends on a cliff hanger ready for kotor 4 like your in a sith temple and you revan and the exile are ambushed by hundreds of high ranking sith it shows you you three backed into a corner you draw a blue blade the exile draws a purple blade and the new revan who is still arguing with him self about which side he will follow draws a green and red blade customizable robes and saber hilts would be great robes with hoods smile

Dimmimar
Actually this piece of news was revealed to be a fake by Bioware Developers at the BioWare forums. I'll try and post a link to the thread that disproves it.

Lord-Nihilus
ha, thats a bit of a bummer man

Spelljammer
Some dire questions..

#1: Is this going to be like KoToR 2 where everybody and thier mother can wield The Force?

#2: Is everyone going to be "forced" to play a jedi with thier main character? I think at the start of the game like SW d20 you should have a say in the matter of what class you are..

All this high-flying mayhem is like Forgotten Realms! I should've became a Trekkie..

Nactous
NoOO extreme kill joy. BTW ITS GOOD TO SEE YOU DY.

darth-yoda
you to nactous finally someone noticed i was gone iv been on the computer forums lately to many noobs for me now ill only vist on ocasions i cant belive that news is fake damn sad

Lord-Nihilus
u are the last jedi, well, if u think about it, how the hell are they going to rebuild the order when youre a [email protected] sith.

Also, this puts me into a different perspective

how the hell are they going to continue the story, suitable for DS and LS, what for DS, there was a small ewok jedi who awoke from hybernation, and then rebuilt the jedi order.

cmon think about it, i know that Obsidian are thinking about it....

so if im right, they are going to have to make this one very long game.

Zeal
I'm afraid that I'm gonna have to call this information false. If the rumor is in fact true, could you please post the scource of the article?

Also, I'm sure a Bioware 'representative' could at least spell "publicizing" correctly. That's another thing that gives it away.

Please post the source of the rumor. Thanks.

Darth Faunus
And "mammoth".

the game king
things i want in kotor 3

1 hundreds of new weapons
2 robes with hoods covering the character's face
3 a very long game kotor 2 only took me a day to beat
4 costume light-saber
5 new and improved force powers
6 be able to get more then 10 people
7 a costume space ship
8 full ground wars with you leading them

thats all i can think of for now

the game king
adding too the list

9 customize the face of your character
10 easier level gaining with unlimited levels
11 online game-play with other players
12 more planets
13 be able to have a conversation with any one
14 more side quest
15 mandlorian are at war with Jedi and sith
16 more space battles
17 have new Jedi counsel and a dark Jedi counsel
18 be able too make more decisions

more things later

Tru_Slice
Sorry, but did it occur to anybody that this could be BULL!?

I certaintly don't buy this crap.

the game king
these are thing want in kotor 3 not thing that are in kotor 3

Zachara
Originally posted by Tru_Slice
Sorry, but did it occur to anybody that this could be BULL!?

I certaintly don't buy this crap.

Meh, probably is, but I can still hope that Bioware does KOTOR 3....

The Ones
the only things i want in KOTOR is that if you become the dark lord of the Sith, you can do free roam and command your armys, get and apprentice and go around to planets doing what ever. that would be awesome. and if you become good but go bad, you should be able to pull an order 66 on the jedi temple on dantooine and/or coruscant. basicly if you choose either path, it shouldnt end. it should be free roam after the story ends

the game king
that would be sweat

badboyjedi
HALLAUA BREAK OUT THE SILVER AND THE CHINA BIOWARES BACK!!!
Im sorry but obsidan just did a piss poor job on kotor 2 they had zip closer for the ending Man this is gonna be awsome a full all out battle between jedi and sith i cant wait what about a sort of duo-storyline? one that switches between the exile and revan?

Tru_Slice
Did Revan ever really

KOTOR II didn't really explain it too well.

Tru_Slice
sorry...did Revan ever die?

badboyjedi
i really dont think so tru slice i think she/he is in the unknown regions still getting ready for the war

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Tru_Slice
sorry...did Revan ever die?

The cool part is, until/if we find out in KOTOR 3, it's up to you! *sounds like a lame ass guidance councillor*

darth_void
KOTOR 1 rox KOTOR 2 sux KOTOR 3 better kicks some ass.
A new freakin graphic engine would be a start, then maybe a coherent story line, the rest i leave up to Bioware.......

Darth Traya
For goodness sakes! All you all this gullible!

This piece of "news" was actually refuted by BioWare officials on their forums.

Why the Obsidian bashing? It's not their fault that they had their production schedule cut! It's not their fault that they had a smaller timetable! Blame Lucasarts!

Nactous
DAMN YOU LUCASARTS!!!

Sesse
Yeah, they had a smaller timetable, but they also had a fully functional platform to build their thing on.

RevanKnight
lol many stupid suggestions, but also some good onessmile KOTOR was perfect, and really REALLY Good storyline and characters, but i think kotor2 was abit....torn apart:s the story was abit flunky, and how can your char be the last of the jedi if Bastila is still around? and atris? thats abit ugly :s but the story in kotor 3 better be about the true sithsmile Think they should keep bastila, carth and Revan, and the exile, even if you cant have them in party. they should atleast be a crucial part of the game!

commander gree
so they will make a new kotor game! cool! Happy Dance

overlord
Lucas even thought about making a trilogy about the jedi taking over the universe from the sith. If something like that ever happens, Nactous will get a heart-attack.

Darth Traya
Originally posted by Sesse
Yeah, they had a smaller timetable, but they also had a fully functional platform to build their thing on.

So did BioWare, they had a platform to base KotOR on. Plus, they had far more time than Obsidian.

RevanKnight
Yeah, but still messed When they see how many ppl who is fans of the game(s), they should make a third! spend some more time developing
characters, storyline, etc. and please, no KORRIBAN or DANTOOINE, we've seen enough of them stick out tongue and idea for storyline would be approximately a few months after the events in KOTOR2, we follow a group of jedi, under the lead of Bastila and/or Carth, into the unknown regions, looking for Revan and The Exile,and find out what this "threath to the entire galaxy" is. That's when the true sith see theyr fit to launch an assault upon the republic, shipping off enormous amounts of sith and
assault teams towards the planets of the republic. then, you have to find Revan or The Exile, or both, and on the way, you gather a party of dudes and dudettes, and prepare yourself for returning to the republic, and total war! This would be good, if the story has some more background,and the partymembers ALOT of background. The Game ending better have something to do with kOTOR, atleast we better find some answers Revan never got in KOTOR.

and some Requests/wishes

1: robes with hoods
2: some more characters,and with some more background.
3: some characters from both KOTOR and KOTOR2
4: more destructive force powers
5: ONE ultimate Sith Lord, and ONE apprentice, and alot of Dark Jedi
6: Customizable Lightsaber, with perhaps a function that allows you to decide the blade color for yourself ( EXCEPT BLACK,WHITE,BROWN and all those)
7: Some More locations available, like Yavin 4, Endor, Naboo, and of course Coruscant
8: Some more mini-games!

That would be a blast for KOTOR3, don't ya think? smile

Darth Koroni
No. Just no. Do you have any idea of how hard it is to make a game? K1 took three years to make, even though it used Neverwinter Night's engine, and why should they take out white, even though it was in K2?

Julie
*sigh* dang, now I ahve to go buy another xbox....360 or something expensive

Nactous
Originally posted by overlord
Lucas even thought about making a trilogy about the jedi taking over the universe from the sith. If something like that ever happens, Nactous will get a heart-attack.
No, it cant happen.

overlord
Nactous, you are master debater.. How the hell could I ever think about opposing you?

confused blink huh messed wacko

calvin44
well...i hafta put my input on this hopefully real game...i think revan will have found the true sith...will a powerful leader....can you say exar kun?...the exile will ally revan and and fight the true sith with a newly refounded jedi order...possibly 14 years...these things take time you kno....as for the fighting style of jade empire... eek! i hope that revan has his mask on when you see him...and you can have better equip.....also i hope that awesome lookin jedi/sith are strong...not awesome lookin weaklings klike nhilus....about bioware being back...awesome....but i hope the dev isnt switched every game....

calvin 44

Atlantis001

Gryn Jabar
Originally posted by calvin44
well...i hafta put my input on this hopefully real game...i think revan will have found the true sith...will a powerful leader....can you say exar kun?...the exile will ally revan and and fight the true sith with a newly refounded jedi order...possibly 14 years...these things take time you kno....as for the fighting style of jade empire... eek! i hope that revan has his mask on when you see him...and you can have better equip.....also i hope that awesome lookin jedi/sith are strong...not awesome lookin weaklings klike nhilus....about bioware being back...awesome....but i hope the dev isnt switched every game....

calvin 44
I'm sorry, but that is the single stupidest post I have ever read. Are you illiterate? Are you retarded? Are you 12 years old? For heaven's sake, do you care what people think of you? Do you have self respecT? An ellipses is supposed to represent a fragmentation of a complete thought, not this garbage that you've spat out. Seriously, people like you are why I vote for parties that seek to restrict suffrage. Get a life, get an education, THEN come posting on KMC. ****ing noobs...

Great Vengeance
Forget Jesus, kotor 3 is our true salvation! Whos with me!

overlord
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
I'm sorry, but that is the single stupidest post I have ever read. Are you illiterate? Are you retarded? Are you 12 years old? For heaven's sake, do you care what people think of you? Do you have self respecT? An ellipses is supposed to represent a fragmentation of a complete thought, not this garbage that you've spat out. Seriously, people like you are why I vote for parties that seek to restrict suffrage. Get a life, get an education, THEN come posting on KMC. ****ing noobs...

You better ignore weird posts than responding like that, you have just been allowed back.. sad

calvin44
seriousl\y...he needs to quit readin his grammar book and watch a star wars movie or something,this is kmc, not english class

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
Forget Jesus, kotor 3 is our true salvation! Whos with me!

That reminds me of TG's Malak vs. Jesus thread. I came up with the perfect response for that once it got bumped.

"Jesus would turn the other cheek and rub it in Malaks face that he has cheeks." - Had to get that off my chest.

What is this thread about again?

Jade-Emperor
HEy HEy Hey .. ! its time to put ON this forum again !!!!

Welcome Back every one !

I heard something very interesting by BIOWARE ! A subjetc from Xboxmag ! the name will be " KOTOR 3 : The Invasion Of The Sith "
And as every one knows, he will go ( the exile ) you ) ) find Revan to the lost rim of the spaces !! Not Nice... Come on every one keep hope.. there always some ! Kotor will come out in 2006 they cant forsake that kind of game.. it'll be the succes of the year ! ! !
But for now .. keep searching information about kotor 3

From now on : I AM THE MASTER

overlord
J00 NUB, J00 BU|/\|/\|B3D TEH L4/\/\3 THR34D!!!!!!!
M4Y FuRCz L!GhTN!nG STr!K3 D0\/\/N 0N Th0U!!!!

Darth Hawkeye
Originally posted by The Ones
the only things i want in KOTOR is that if you become the dark lord of the Sith, you can do free roam and command your armys, get and apprentice and go around to planets doing what ever. that would be awesome. and if you become good but go bad, you should be able to pull an order 66 on the jedi temple on dantooine and/or coruscant. basicly if you choose either path, it shouldnt end. it should be free roam after the story ends

If that happened I'd be pissed free roam is good but we still need to complete our old storyline that we want KotOR was good to me Just not LONG ENOUGH too short see the story was fine but just not enough of it IMO. Now come on who's with me think about

Snoopbert
Originally posted by Darth Koroni
No. Just no. Do you have any idea of how hard it is to make a game? K1 took three years to make, even though it used Neverwinter Night's engine, and why should they take out white, even though it was in K2? I thoguht the Aurora and Odyssey Engines were seperate. confused

Nactous
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
Forget Jesus, kotor 3 is our true salvation! Whos with me!
*Raises hand.*

Nactous
Originally posted by Jade-Emperor
HEy HEy Hey .. ! its time to put ON this forum again !!!!

Welcome Back every one !

I heard something very interesting by BIOWARE ! A subjetc from Xboxmag ! the name will be " KOTOR 3 : The Invasion Of The Sith "
And as every one knows, he will go ( the exile ) you ) ) find Revan to the lost rim of the spaces !! Not Nice... Come on every one keep hope.. there always some ! Kotor will come out in 2006 they cant forsake that kind of game.. it'll be the succes of the year ! ! !
But for now .. keep searching information about kotor 3

From now on : I AM THE MASTER
Oh, you think your the master.

calvin44
kotor 3 isnt in the game previews in electonic gaming mag preview issue for '06.

Nactous
Neither is Halo 3, whats your point?

Ushgarak
I think we can just use this thread for KOTOR III from now on:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t335245.html

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.