Best Death Scene

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

billyboyd4ever
What do you guys think are the best death scenes in movies, from villians to heros to all those in between?

I think that William Wallace's from Braveheart is fantastic, but I also love Satine's in Moulin Rouge and Boromir's in LOTR: FOTR.

What about you?

Cinemaddiction
Already took mine w/ Boromir..so, I'll go with Kane in "Alien" with the chestburster, or even sadder..Sonny in "The Godfather", at the tool booth.

Misc_Rose
I would have said Boromir to, very heroic.
I think the way Ed Bloom dies in Big Fish is incredible, getting his son to tell him the story, turning into the fish.
I also like in Finding Neverland how Sylvia enters Neverland, the symbolism to death... breathtaking really.
Almost forgot King Theodon... 'I know your face... Eowyn'
Another one would be Maximus in Gladiator, walking through the field to meet his family.

Mandorallen
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
or even sadder..Sonny in "The Godfather", at the tool booth.

my brother laughed at that part roll eyes (sarcastic)

==============

but for me,

I WOULD DEFINATLEY SAY

the death of willem dafoe in "platoon"

almost brought me to tears....

LiL nAstY GirL
Becky in Sin City

billyboyd4ever
Originally posted by Misc_Rose
I would have said Boromir to, very heroic.
I think the way Ed Bloom dies in Big Fish is incredible, getting his son to tell him the story, turning into the fish.
I also like in Finding Neverland how Sylvia enters Neverland, the symbolism to death... breathtaking really.
Almost forgot King Theodon... 'I know your face... Eowyn'
Another one would be Maximus in Gladiator, walking through the field to meet his family.

Yeah the Big Fish and Finding Neverland ones were very good as well....for some reason I didn't like Theoden's...
I think I just have something against the Rohirrim.

StinkFist462
Trinity in Revolutions. she sucked so bad.

king_arthur
Katsumoto in The Last Samurai. It was a good death.

Katsumoto: Perfect... They are all... perfect...

Aspiring Corpse
The 54 schoolgirls in Suicide Club.

I also really like the first death scene in Suspira.

Ast Rofan
Brad Pitt in Meet Joe Black, I laugh my ass off everytime I see it, so unexpected the first time. stick out tongue

DeVi| D0do
Yoda in Return of the Jedi. big grin

bakerboy
John merrick in the elephant man

Sonny in the godfather

Boromir in lord of the rings

Bonnie and clyde in bonnie and clyde

yoda in return of the jedi

darth vader in return of the jedi

obi wan kenobi in star wars

roy batty in blade runner

So many to post

Ast Rofan
Captain Barbossa

I feel...................cold. stick out tongue

spencerspider
Obi-Wan -Star Wars

Misc_Rose
Another one I thought of is Fred Aberline in From Hell. I think its nice how Sarge.Godleigh asks what the coins mean towards the beginning,then when he finds Aberline dead the coins are in this hand.
Strange contrast really from the other deaths in this film.

JLRTENJAC
Nute Gunray, It wasn't climactac, or cool... I just wanted to see him die. evil face

Primitive Screwhead
Originally posted by bakerboy
John merrick in the elephant man

Sonny in the godfather

Boromir in lord of the rings

Bonnie and clyde in bonnie and clyde

yoda in return of the jedi

darth vader in return of the jedi

obi wan kenobi in star wars

roy batty in blade runner

So many to post

Have to agree with you on Rutger Hauer's death in BR. That was well done.

I give props also to the end of Big Fish.

Superfly4000
Yoda in Return of the Jedi is the best death scene ever...

rox
the people in the 1st part of final destination 2

RogerRamjet
Tony Montana in Scarface...F.J.C.!!

papabeard
One of my favourites is when the guys on top of a building at the end of the film and he says "Im on top of the world ma" then all the gas tanks blow up on the roof. Is it James Cagney?, cant remember the name of the film either, which is annoying as its very famous, whats the name of the film?

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by StinkFist462
Trinity in Revolutions. she sucked so bad. rofl
thats a good way to look at it..

I personally found the death of maximus a very good scene (Gladiator - Ridley Scott)

Dogbert
Originally posted by StinkFist462
Trinity in Revolutions. she sucked so bad.

Murray
Gladiator
Boromir
Finding Neverland

I'll post more later.

CaptJackSparr0w
Kowalski in "The Vanishing Point" A must see movie from the 70's. You'll not be sorry mates!

papabeard
Yeah thats cool, when he drives into the lorry roadblock at the end, Rock and Roll.

el barto_1
the father in haute tention

bilb
Shadowlands cry

and the killing of John Doe in Se7en... the way brad plays it like he is working thru the pros & cons of killing him in his mind while he's in shock is pretty damn good

papabeard
the father decap in Haute Tension is awesome

cameron666
Mace windu in star wars Episode III.

Norman Osborn/Green Goblin in spider-man

Neo in the Matrix Revolutions

BackFire
John Merrick from the Elephant Man and R.P. McMurphy from One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest.

Both are incredibly touching and profoundly emotional scenes from two amazing movies.

=Mysta=-kILL
When both of Mel Gibsons kids die in the Patriot.

ladygrim
Originally posted by Misc_Rose
Another one I thought of is Fred Aberline in From Hell. I think its nice how Sarge.Godleigh asks what the coins mean towards the beginning,then when he finds Aberline dead the coins are in this hand.
Strange contrast really from the other deaths in this film.

ii know sad

Renegade-agent
hmmmm for me it's a tie between:
ed in shaun of the dead "i love you ed" "alright gaaaaaaaaaaaay"
Carlito brigante,man this scene really gets to me,when their taking him away on the stretcher and he's thinking to him self sad
Neo in matrix revolutions "it's a trick!" "you were right,you were always right....it was inevitable" -intense
and lastly from dragonballz when vegeta dies and he starts crying,i thought it was really powerful how the great and powerful prince of the sayians had been reduced to nothing crushed and then goku buries him-man that was powerful stuff for a cartoon

Misc_Rose
I know that this isn't a film but in fact a popular TV series but when Father Ralph de Bricassart dies in 'The Thornbirds' is very sad. It's such a beautiful series and book.

DarkC
Boromir, LOTR.

el barto_1
marv in "sin city" is awesome

Carlcsw
House of Flying Daggers (Great ending, a must see)

Terminator 2 (Arnold goes into the Molt)

jaden101
serious scenes

tom hanks in philidelphia
kevin spacey in LA confidential
debra winger: terms of endearment
sean penn: dead man walking
michael clarke duncan: the green mile

other classics

Arthur Charles Herbert Runcie MacAdam Jarrett in monty python the meaning of life (chased off a cliff by loads of topless women.

the chick who gets hit by the bus in final destination

jennifer jason leigh: the hitcher (tied between 2 trucks)

WindDancer
Bill death in Kill Bill vol. 2

EsteemedLeader
when Vincent dies on the train in Collateral

the final scene in Jacobs Ladder

bahhh_yeti
Id havta say Tibalt (John Leguizamo) from Baz Luhrman's Romeo And Juliet (1996) or maybe Lester Burnham (Kevin Spacey) in American Beauty

Susan-Storm
Bambi..laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.