Janu's Signature Gallery

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Janus
Here's starting with my very first horrible signature, done with MSPAINT!

Just.... avert your eyes. The others aren't nearly this bad.

Darth_Janus
And this one is my first, using something other than a stone and a tablet... Mind you, I still to this day haven't mastered Photoshop, but I'm learning (erm, kinda.)

Darth_Janus
This is a variation of the one above, with better effects, I think. For one, the blending wasn't so horrible. And I fit the original background so that it accents the blade.

Darth_Janus
Here's my fourth signature, made for myself. Simple, but I wasn't about to try anything complicated at this point, since I barely knew how to work the blending.

Darth_Janus
I like this one a lot, but I didn't know how to use Clone Stamp, ImageReady, or anything else well at this point. I didn't even properly alter the text so it was more legible. Still, here it is.

Darth_Janus
This one is simple, but it was the first I made where I found out (accidentally) that I could alter the text itself using layer blending properties. Imagine my joy when words no longer looked like crap.

Darth_Janus
Here's another one I made for myself. The backdrop layer (game artwork from Knights of the Old Republic) is simply beautiful in its simplicity, but I was far from being the Mastah at this point, as the barely visible ghost Revan shows. Still, it's nice. Might remake it sometime soon.

Darth_Janus
Here's one I made for Admiral Akbar. I rather like it, especially the glow effect on the words.

Darth_Janus
A rushed job, but I was tired. Nothing complex; just a figure, a backdrop, and some text.

Darth_Janus
A more recent one of mine. I tried to triple layer it (Which I do a lot of... I think it's a mental thing) Anyways... there's a saluting Dooku blending (horribly) on the left, a posterized one in center, and a bas relief one slightly off center.

Darth_Janus
An updated Darth Windu sig. First time I used Clone Stamps. In hindsight, I see I could have made different layers for the cloned images and blended them better. But, as we'll see, I didn't figure that nifty trick out until later.

Darth_Janus
Ah... I love this one! The comic like text, mixed with the dabbed painting feel made this one a winner. Sadly, HV wanted something less this and more the following.

Darth_Janus
Which this is still good. It was a bit rough to make, having to reverse Obi-Wan, clone stamp the entire image, and then trim it so I could add the Korriban backdrop. The text was made uniform and simpler, to Hv's liking. Still a good piece.

Darth_Janus
My water color-esque one. I like this one a lot too. Triple layers... Bottom one came out very nicely, with the accent on the lightsaber. The others mesh well, although in hindsight a clone stamped multiple layer would have meshed even better.

Darth_Janus
For le Darth Frobo. I gave him an avatar and took this image from his previous avy, simply altering the highlights and adding his name. A shameless piece, but he was happy and that is all that matters.

Darth_Janus
Darth Windu's latest sig, made in a similar manner as my Obi-Wan blue one. This was a bit harder to do since I could find few appropriate Mace Windu pics to make three images into the sig. Instead of three colored, I settled for one which I took and made black and white, so it wouldn't clash with the others.

Darth_Janus
A quick one for Darth Genises. I wish I hadn't made teh cover layer of Maul with posterisation, but ah well... Too late now.

Darth_Janus
A sig I was working on for myself but abandoned because the bas relief effect made it illegible.

Darth_Janus
My current one (as of this posting). Finally got the trick down about adding an extra layer and then clone stamping onto it. Thus, I was able to make this quasi-masterpiece. I am thrilled. But it's not as easy as the previous sigs, taking much longer to get just right.

Darth_Janus
Here's one I made for Achilles X... The top font looks a bit rough because I had to go over it twice so it would be more visible... (A major downfall for usin such small signatures is that bloody small font.)

Darth_Janus
Man, I'm good. I typoed my name in the thread title. Go me!

Darth_Janus
And the newest one, made for the former Darth Windu (now known as Darth Faunus)

Darth Faunus
Mwaha! Oooteenie!

Hm, one thing. Mind making the "Master" into "Dark Lord"? Other than that, perfect. Hey, it'd add another entry to your thread. . .

Darth Faunus
Noice. Dankes.

Piggle Humsy
Nice sigs! big grin

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
Nice sigs! big grin

Thanks!

Here's another...

bilb
Originally posted by Darth_Janus

hysterical

stick out tongue

Darth Faunus
I see that found a new hobby, you have. Keep it up. smile

Darth_Janus
Will most certainly do that... I love making sigs. It's a constructive challenge. So few of those left in life.

Darth_Janus
Emperor Revan, that sig is under 30 k, it should work.

Darth_Janus
A new sig...

Illustrious
Beep beep boo boo

Oooteenie!

Artoo Saluts you.

Lana

*snickers*

Nice job, genius stick out tongue

Nice sigs smile

Darth_Janus
Thank you... lol

Darth_Janus
Here's my latest one. I went ahead and redid my fav... Jawas pwn, but Obi-Wan is the original badass.

FistoFan
Are you working on my signature pic?

Redeemer
Hey Janus, make me a whoop ass Dooku Sig representing the New Jawa Order!

With my username, of course.

If you do, thanks.

If not, oh well, it was worth askin'!

Darth_Janus
Here, Fistofan.

And Sorgo, what do you want on it exactly?

Redeemer
Here, Fistofan.

And Sorgo, what do you want on it exactly?

Maybe a nicely blended Dooku collage with my username, and if you have room something representin' i am one of the Three masters of the NJO.

Darth_Janus
Will do.

Redeemer
Will do.

Thanks Janus.

Darth_Janus
Here it is. Hope it's good enough.

Redeemer
Here it is. Hope it's good enough.

Nuts Signature, Janus! NUTS! I love it. I'll put it tommorow on my Dooku day....

I exchange days with different Sigs and Avatars.

I have Dooku, Kenobi, Raziel and Redeemer days.

Darth_Janus
That works then.

Barker
Nice Sigs. smile

Your current sig looks 'different'. If you don't mind my asking, is this some effect? If so, can you tell me about it? (I mean the young obi in the corner and the hooded one)

Darth_Janus
Well, this is what I did.

Using Adobe Photoshop, I did the bottom layer with a photo of Obi-Wan on Kamino with a Cutout effect. That particular picture (With the rain) made a ncie effect, especially on the lightsaber.

Then I added a few layers. I took the two pictures on either side (The left Obi-Wan I blurred a bit, the right one I used a Fresco effect I think) and resized them in their original pics, then clone stamped them to different layers, and finally added blending effects.

And then for the fourth Obi-Wan, I used either the fresco effect or the water color one, and I faded it in until it fit.

Redeemer
Well, this is what I did.

Using Adobe Photoshop, I did the bottom layer with a photo of Obi-Wan on Kamino with a Cutout effect. That particular picture (With the rain) made a ncie effect, especially on the lightsaber.

Then I added a few layers. I took the two pictures on either side (The left Obi-Wan I blurred a bit, the right one I used a Fresco effect I think) and resized them in their original pics, then clone stamped them to different layers, and finally added blending effects.

And then for the fourth Obi-Wan, I used either the fresco effect or the water color one, and I faded it in until it fit.

The text in your sig.... How did you make it look all kick-ass-glowing style?

Darth_Janus
Hm. On your profile click on the vCode linke tot he left of your signature box. There's a list there.

FistoFan
Now, what do I do, Darth Janus?

Grand Moff Gav
Originally posted by Redeemer
Thanks Janus.

so Janus made Redeemer's sig,its very good Janus.

Darth_Janus
Thanks Mov. I like your sig right now. The Imperial admirals rule.

FistoFan
Thank you, Janus!

FistoFan
Does this look right?
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/user_sigs/customsig_74922_sl.gif

Darth_Janus
You betcha. All set. Enjoy!

Darth_Janus
Bump

Darth_Janus
And here's my newest one. More goofy, less work.

It'll last a day or two.

Darth_Janus
And a while has past and that one got real old, real quick. Here's my newest one.

Lord Darkstar
nice sigs Janus, I was wondering if you could make a new one for me, you know what I like, Exar and Ulic are two examples, but I also like Obi and Dooku and even the pic of Anakin in RotS with yellow eyes. You don't have to put them all in, just do whatever you like and think would look good and represents me, thanks

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Lord Darkstar
nice sigs Janus, I was wondering if you could make a new one for me, you know what I like, Exar and Ulic are two examples, but I also like Obi and Dooku and even the pic of Anakin in RotS with yellow eyes. You don't have to put them all in, just do whatever you like and think would look good and represents me, thanks

Ah, long time no see, Darkstar!

I'll work on it tomorrow, not a problem. Any quotes on it or anything?

Lord Darkstar
thanx, its nice to be back, about the quotes, um not sure, really whatever you think would fit

Darth_Janus
Fair enough. It's a tad bit late here, and I want to take my time and do a good job... so how's tomorrow evening sounding? And mind you, I'm in US eastern time zone.

Lord Darkstar
sounds good to me, I'm in the US central time zone, so I'm not sure what the time difference is, one or two hours?

anyway, I'll try to be on from 8 my time until whenever

Darth_Janus
So you'll be on around 9 PM here, I think. I should be on. sure.

Lord Darkstar
alright, sounds good

Darth_Janus
Here it is! FInally!

Lord Darkstar
nice I like it, thanks

Darth_Janus
You're welcome!

darth plo koon
howdy guys those sigs rock janus

Darth_Janus
Thanks!

Kam Solusar
These are amazing, do you enjoy doing them?

Darth_Janus
I do, and thanks.

Kam Solusar
could you do me one like that mint obi wan sig but with yoda?

atlant80
Can you please get me one with sadow Kun and Revan? nice sig btw

Lord Janus
Phew! Sorry, guys... I am a bit behind. I reopened my Galaxies account out of sheer boredom and actually spent all night playing it. Dimmimar, here's you're sig.

Lord Janus
Eh, I don't care for the quality on that one so much... I'm posting the other version that is exactly 30 k. This might not load, so the other is a backup. It is definately below the size limit (The one above)

Lord Janus
Alright, Jaster, here you go!

Lord Janus
And atlant80, your sig.

Jaster Mereel
Sweet, I found it! Thanks alot man big grin

Barker
Holy Hell that Sig is creepy.........

Nice Job Janus thumb up

Lord Janus
Originally posted by Kam Solusar
could you do me one like that mint obi wan sig but with yoda?

And is this what you had in mind?

Lord Janus
Heh hehe... yeah... I love makin' quality sigs for delighted members.

Thanks guys!

Kam Solusar
That is truly amazing Janus, Thanks

atlant80
thanks so much Janus Its awsome

Lord Janus
You're both welcome. You need a new one, just ask. And sorry for not being able to get to it right away... just had a holiday weekend and work was rougher then the norm.

Lord Janus
Dimmimar, your avatar. I'll get to work on a new sig, since I wasn't satisfied with the old one... I don't like that I had to nerf the quality so much just to get it to fit. The next one'll be good, I promise.

Btw, you might want to let the avatar maker thing adjust this picture, because it's actually 60 by 64 I think, not 50 by 50. Let the avatar maker adjust this from your computer, and then upload the result. It'll look better that way.

Lord Janus
A quick update... here's a sig I forgot I had. A very old one, one of my first. I had it hosted, but I never saved it.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/Dark_Aristokrat/darthwindusig.jpg

Lord Janus
Here's one of my new ones.

Lord Janus
And my current one, breaking the SW trend.

Kam Solusar
nice new sig Janus, hows my new sig coming?

Lord Janus
Oops... slipped my mind. Let me go ahead and make it right now.

Lord Janus
Here it is.

Lord Janus
And Dimmimar, here's yours too.

Kam Solusar
thanks janus, is it possible to edit the pics, like give yoda a blue light saber?

Lord Janus
It is, but you're better off asking someone else. I'm not into that phase of photoshop yet, and I don't think you want to be the guinea pig.

Kam Solusar
ok, just wondering.

Kam Solusar
i know this will seem odd but do you do requests out side Kmc? you see i have an old mate that has seen some of your work and wanted a sig for a different forum, can you do that?

Lord Janus
Sure, just be certain to tell me the specifications. Sigs here at KMC are either GIF format or JPEG and 450 pixels by 150.

Just tell me what he wants and how big and I'll make it to best of my ability.

Kam Solusar
ok, thanks, his names is Nuggetdie

Kam Solusar
i need the size and capasity details but he wondered if you could do a Ewok jedi verse a jawa sith fight in the middle, and a jawa and ewok faded either side?

Kam Solusar
right, its slightly bigger than ours 500X200, with unlimited capasity

Lord Janus
unlimited space you mean? Where is this place? lol

Lord Janus
Btw, new sig. Got tired of people complaining about my old one... Not like it was bad but still... meh.

Lord Janus
Notice the totally nerfed quality, thanks to having to lower the limit below 30 k. And apparently when you use image ready to optimize, 26.7 k is automatically 30 k, and the next best thing is 13!

Kam Solusar
its the Unified jedi academy.

Lord Janus
Here, Kam. See if he likes this one.

Kam Solusar
im sure he will, hes on later today, i'll ask him then

Kam Solusar
Hey Janus, your super popular there now, i have 2 more if your up for it?

Lord Janus
Sure, send them over.

Kam Solusar
this is quite funny. One wants a very simple one. black back ground two sabers crossed with Arron Cook, Mystic Apprentice. like the txt in faunus'. the sabers he wants are the ones in the attachment. he wants them crossed. i dont think he even wants layers..............?

Kam Solusar
the other is Qui gon maul match with other TPM characters in the back ground. thats Axazon, you'll prob have a fan club tomoro!

Lord Janus
Fair enough. I'll get to work on it tonight, in a few hours when I get home from work.

Veneficus
Well well I see you have grown popular Janus...

Kam Solusar
Janus if you dont want to you can say no...........?

Lord Janus
If I didn't want to I would say no. But I don't mind doing sigs; if anything, I rather enjoy it.

I just can't do anything right this minute because I am at work.

Kam Solusar
righty ho

Dark Nemesis
First one's done. It IS rather simple, but I supply by demand. Here ya go.

Dark Nemesis
And this is the second one. Now, this is what I came up with, since I couldn't find very many TPM characters worth sticking in a fight scene with Maul and QGJ. I hope this suits. If not, let me know and I'll remake it.

Kam Solusar
Both are perfect, btw it would be worth keeping the cook one, its really popular and there may be others who will want one similar

Dark Nemesis
Gotcha. Let me know if you need any more.

Kam Solusar
right, the next wants a variation on this

Kam Solusar
all the same writing and make it look a bit dull, not too flashy, she also wants this green saber

Deus Ex
Sure thing. I'll have it up within the next day or so. Sorry for the delay, but Hurricane Ophelia is expected to pummel my house in the next twenty four hours.

Veneficus
While I know your capible of making your own sig...I just on a whim decided to make you a Deus Ex sig Janus...yes I know its nothing compaired to your work...but hey?

Deus Ex
That's actually quite pimp! Thanks!

Kam Solusar
take as long as you need

Deus Ex
Thanks. I'll get to it soon.

Kam Solusar
And another. exactly like arron cooks but with Chris-councelor at the top and Unified Jedi Alliance below, he wants blue sabers, thanks

Deus Ex
Alright, Traya. Here it is.

btw, that's Atris in the background, though it's hard to tell.

Deus Ex
Alright, here's Chris'. Next one's on its way.

Deus Ex
Kam, this is the variant I came up with for Adona. I wanted to entirely redo the scroll like background, but a good blank scroll pic was hard to come by. So, I added crossed green sabers and gave it a satin finish. If they want something else, just let me know.

Kam Solusar
ok, please can you change Mystic apprentise to Guardian Apprentice on arron cooks one, I dont know, these people *rolls eyes*

Deus Ex
Not a problem. Here ya go.

Deus Ex
And a new sig. It's been a few days. I just had to. I'm the guy who doesn't have the same desktop for more than a few hours.

Kam Solusar
He says "thanks, but could you do the original writting, the bright silver one?"

Deus Ex
I personally thought this font was easier to see but no problem. When I get home from work I'll have it done.

Veneficus
Hey I love the new sig Janus.

Deus Ex
Thanks! It took me the better part of an hour to find these pics. Original Deus Ex pics are very rare.

Deus Ex
Originally posted by Kam Solusar
He says "thanks, but could you do the original writting, the bright silver one?"
Here.

Deus Ex
And Avis, here is yours.

Deus Ex
Here's the revamped one, Avis.

Deus Ex
I don't like the quality on that. When I optimized it to make it fit for KMC standards, it went from 90 kb to 16... let me work with it...

Darth Avis
sure

Deus Ex
Try this one.

Deus Ex
A random new sig for Admiral Akbar.

Veneficus
Originally posted by Deus Ex
A random new sig for Admiral Akbar.

What is with Trask in the backround? stick out tongue

Deus Ex
He was part of the original picture background, which i liked. removing him would have been a big job and it was a ten minute sig.

Veneficus
You do a really good job at cutting out people from pics...like the Obi next to Trask is almost perfect.

Deus Ex
It's a combination of the eraser brush and a zoomed in look. Plus I tend to add shadow effects to nullify the clashing.

Veneficus
Originally posted by Deus Ex
It's a combination of the eraser brush and a zoomed in look. Plus I tend to add shadow effects to nullify the clashing.

I try to use the "magic wand" tool when I can but I have never hear of these shadow effects you speak of.

Deus Ex
Originally posted by Veneficus
I try to use the "magic wand" tool when I can but I have never hear of these shadow effects you speak of.

Hm. Might be my newer version. What you do is pick the cropping tool and then right click the layer for blending options. One of them is shadowing.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>