VENOM vs. WOLVERINE (the scans) /and general wolverine misconceptions...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jinzin
this one's for you brainchild....

...and a few other requests to boot....

let's begin....

jinzin

jinzin

jinzin

jinzin
4 after getting tossed, venom hears the scream of a woman near by, he takes off with wolverine in persuit.

jinzin
5 while the two are destroying hordes of big cats and the sort wolverine gets distracted by the woman as she runs away allowing venom to capitalize on the moment...

jinzin
6. capitalize bigtime

jinzin

jinzin
7. wolverine struggles as he breaks lose,

jinzin
8. wolvie tracks venom down.....this is where the real fight begins...

jinzin

jinzin

jinzin

jinzin
they both end up KOed....

jinzin
having a healing factor, wolverine wakes up first.

jinzin
wolverine makes it clear that he doesn't want to owe venom anything....

jinzin
okay now this came from an OLLLLLLD ass comic i used to own...trouble is, I have no idea what issue or title his happened in....I can't remember if this was a marvel comics presensts or what.... this page is the only page that I could salvage as my evil cousin colored over the rest with marker...

ths comic to my recollection went down like this: wolvie and jubilee are in south america, (I think they're investigating something but I can't remember what)....wolverine ends up sniffing out a familiar scent which just turns out to be venom...they recognize eachother from their previous battle above and of course start throwing down (don't remember why) wolverine stabs venom, and starts to gain the upper hand until somebody comes in and kidnaps jubilee (may have been sabretooth, don't remember that either). Wolverine gets very distracted and venom capitalizes by chucking him off a cliff...then venom scampers off to nurse his wounds while wolverine wakes up below and sets off anew to find jubilee....

if anyone knows what issue and title this occured in I would be MOST APPRECIATIVE if you could tell me.

jinzin
the latest fight was featured in venom number 8 I believe....the story...

a piece of the venom symbiote was detatched from venom while he was buisy fighting spidey and the fantastic four, the small piece of tongue doesn't die however, instead it grows and becomes more and more self aware, it takes on brocks attitude while retaining the same conciosuness of the original symbiote, however, he no longer needs to BOND with a host, instead he uses the hosts as food sources and is constantly eating people throughout the book...he also develops a higher durability to his previous weaknesses and gorws in overall physical strength..... a company that had captured the tongue and tried to use the venom symbiote for their own personal goals has sent in assassins to track him down and get control of him, wolverine happens to be there and he tackles the assassins, venom isn't far behind however and eventually.....

jinzin
here we go again.

jinzin

jinzin

jinzin

jinzin
6 this scan doesn't to the splash page justice..BY FAR one of the best I've ever seen IMO.

jinzin

jinzin
8. note: venom is completely encasing wolvie in symbiote....

jinzin
9. note: it didn't work.

also note: look at wolverine when he's behind venom and on his shoulders...he clearly gets a kill shot to the head....if venom had been bonded to a host like say eddie brock this fight would have been over here and now....

jinzin

jinzin
11....and thus endeth the fight.

jinzin
NOW...ONTO THE MISCONCEPTIONS...

jinzin
it is assumed that wolverine doesn't use his fighting ability...to this I say NAY! TIS NOT SO...he's clearly demonstrated his fighting ability, cap has commented on it, so has iron fist, so has viper, so has ogun, so has (insert various names here) etc etc....

look....

jinzin
and what kind of fighting ability is it you ask? well there are lots of styles he knows, his training has been composed of various types but don't just take my word for it...

jinzin
how does it stack up to some of marvel's best? well let's ask shang chi, marvel's hands down best earth bound martial artist.....

jinzin

jinzin
....Shang-Chi: "His savagery has not bred undiscipline. For a Westerner, his focus and control rivals that of a samurai! Rarely have I seen the like!"
(X-Men, Vol. 1, issue 62 - March 1997)...

jinzin
another wolverine misconception is that he lacks the durability to take a shot from collosus...not one? well let's look at his track record shall we?

jinzin
nope he didn't go down there....maybe this next one then?...

jinzin
damn that little mutie bastard just won't go down...............maybe.....this................time? sad

jinzin
hm, guess not...oh well.....

okay how about wolverine's being at peak human levels? like strength....

jinzin
well I'm sure that ANY human can do this.....

jinzin
well that must obviously be PIS CIS like wolverine's jumping... no matter how many times he displays the ability...

jinzin

jinzin
"but jinzin he can't do that..he's clearly human"

...well maybe it's because...

jinzin
hmmm inhuman? can it be?

YES...........as clearly displayed here.

jinzin
"but statistics say"

statistics can be wrong, spidey's webbing being weak, dock ocks tenticals being slow, shang chi's fighting ability being less than 7, sabretooth being peak human.....

this could apply to wolvie as well...

jinzin
...him being human is about as much a misconception as say him never applying his strategic awareness, or tactical knowledge.

jinzin
especially when he's in a berserker rage....

Logan 87
But clearly it's bad writing, and it's not logical, even though you prooved me wrong. It's all just PIS

Dizzle
And they say the rest of us fanboys rant... (Batman=God *batman*)

Not even gonna argue, just wanted to know how Wolverine's balls taste on THIS thread... I mean I know how all the others were, but this just seems subtley different for some reason. I must not be a connoisseur. Oh well.

jinzin
Originally posted by Dizzle

Not even gonna argue, just wanted to know how Wolverine's balls taste on THIS thread... I mean I know how all the others were, but this just seems subtley different for some reason. I must not be a connoisseur. Oh well.

*** you..that was so uncalled for this was at other people's requests so just **** off..

thezenbrawler
how come on these forums, even when evidence is presented, the people still argue, and when they do you can still show them the evidence, but they dont care, or dont wanna listen. either that or they just flame you, like it makes them right or something

long pig
That's just how we do it.

We're mostly all assholes to a degree.

So, shut your pie hole! big grin

thezenbrawler
wasnt even talking about you, but theres one.

long pig
I was joking. stick out tongue

thezenbrawler
well them im sorry, but that same guy just totally passed up my evidence in the namor vs starfire thread too, when i posted two links, one of them twice!

Dizzle
Originally posted by jinzin
*** you..that was so uncalled for this was at other people's requests so just **** off..

Haha, it definitely was. I was going for more dry sarcasm, and meant more to say "I really... really don't see the point in trying so hard to really prove that Wolverine can beat someone when you KNOW that there's always gonna be a counter opinion, backed up with evidence of its own." than "Yer all gay fanboys", though in rereading, I kinda see the latter showed through a tad more.

Admittedly, I was trying to piss people off a bit, but that definitely crossed a line. Sincerest apologies my good man. Musta been hallucinating. Or just tired...

jinzin
Haha, it definitely was. I was going for more dry sarcasm, and meant more to say "I really... really don't see the point in trying so hard to really prove that Wolverine can beat someone when you KNOW that there's always gonna be a counter opinion, backed up with evidence of its own." than "Yer all gay fanboys", though in rereading, I kinda see the latter showed through a tad more.

Admittedly, I was trying to piss people off a bit, but that definitely crossed a line. Sincerest apologies my good man. Musta been hallucinating. Or just tired...

apology accepted thank you for owning up to that....

in my defense I wasn't trying to say wolverine can beat XXX all I was doing was fullfilling the requests of other board members...

Logan 87
I remember that request. I forgot who asked, though.

jinzin
brainchild...it says who on the front page.

Pointinel
all i can say is props to jinzin for this thread

and

keeping up with all the bullshit this board dishes on the daily...

yeah keep sonnin them man you got my respect

*waits for someone to disregard everything posted here and call it PIS/CIS/bad writing/fanboyism what-the-fucc-ever.... its sad sad*

dawsey28
It's all PIS/CIS/bad writing/fanboyism. big grin

Pointinel
lol

*call me pointstradamus*

jinzin
lol...thanks pointinel I appreciate it man.

MERCILOUS
At the risk of being called a "nutswinger" I agree this is a damn fine thread.

But, in examples given where Wolvie is swinging those two ninjas, and the one where he dodges all the gun fire. I would say those examples are actually things that "peak humans" are capable of. I'd cite Punisher and Batman as my prime examples. I think most people underestimate what "peak human" is because they assume that that term somehow makes it all real and not a comic anymore.

jinzin
*waits for thread supporters and myself to be called nutswingers*

laughing out loud

dawsey28
Nutswingers.

Come on. You had to see that coming. confused

spidermonkey
Originally posted by dawsey28
Nutswingers.

Come on. You had to see that coming. confused

Nutswingers and coming in the same post? confused

dawsey28
big grin lol

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by dawsey28
big grin lol

That smiley is strangley unsettling.

dawsey28
laughing

jinzin
oooh boy...

leonidas
only prob with a thread like this is that for all these great things you've shown, i or someone else could show scenes that would call int question the . . . consistent veracity of these accomplishments.

which is more out of charater - thing 'bonking' wolvie and ko'ing him, guardian, in an alpha flight battle whooping wolvie and ko'ing him, his recent beating by the wrecker, or wolvie shrugging off colossus's punches? anybody can show a bunch of scans showing the great moments a character has. but then does that make all his POOR showings CIS/PIS? why are the poor showings CIS but not the great ones? it's all about the most consistent version of the character. it's why i hate examples that show extremes of 'good' showing s or 'bad' showings.

Juntai
But this is similar to saying Batman can take punches from Superman and Wonderwoman and Darkseid, knocking out Metron, pretty much singly handedly defeating the X Men in a few panels, and killing Spawn. Not to mention pretty much every other hero and villain ever created, in or outside of his own universe.

However-- You showed some scans of people MENTIONING his fighting ability, other martial artists show their ability in every fight. Most I usually see Wolverine do in combat, is simply charge forward and cut whatever it is in his way without regard. I'm sure ninjas would be impressed with my fighting style too if I could punch through trees and chop through anything and shrug off blows from Gladiator.... regardless if I could actually fight or not.

Pointinel
^FUNNY DUDE.

Creshosk
Originally posted by leonidas
only prob with a thread like this is that for all these great things you've shown, i or someone else could show scenes that would call int question the . . . consistent veracity of these accomplishments.

which is more out of charater - thing 'bonking' wolvie and ko'ing him, guardian, in an alpha flight battle whooping wolvie and ko'ing him, his recent beating by the wrecker, or wolvie shrugging off colossus's punches? anybody can show a bunch of scans showing the great moments a character has. but then does that make all his POOR showings CIS/PIS? why are the poor showings CIS but not the great ones? it's all about the most consistent version of the character. it's why i hate examples that show extremes of 'good' showing s or 'bad' showings. These are things he does all the time. in his own comic. These are quite consistant.

Usually when it takes awhile to heal there isa circumstance. Shingen had saturated Logan's body with poison at the time which inhibited the effeciency of his Healing Factor.

You can find plenty of poor showings for any character.

Creshosk
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
That smiley is strangley unsettling. droolio

dawsey28
THAT smilie is even worse when talking about...

CorderaMitchell

lol

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Pointinel
all i can say is props to jinzin for this thread

and

keeping up with all the bullshit this board dishes on the daily...

yeah keep sonnin them man you got my respect

*waits for someone to disregard everything posted here and call it PIS/CIS/bad writing/fanboyism what-the-fucc-ever.... its sad sad*

My god, I love how all the wolvie boys gather on here, and cluster**** everyone to sleep.

I think that there's about 5, let me count again...

DigiMark007
Good pics jinzin...regardless of whether or not I agree with some of it, there's a lot to be said for backing up your claims. If we had more of it, the "fanboyism" that people are always being accused of would lessen dramatically.

Creshosk
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Good pics jinzin...regardless of whether or not I agree with some of it, there's a lot to be said for backing up your claims. If we had more of it, the "fanboyism" that people are always being accused of would lessen dramatically. That's something we say alot. It's suprising how often it's revealed that the people doing the accusing of being fanboys admit to not reading the comics that the "fanboys" do.

Which leads me to ask, am I a fanboy for knowing more about the character and supporting him in things he has done before?

I mean if I were to argue spiderman being able to lift 15 tons to a group that hadn't read the issues during and after he got an upgrade, would that group call me a fanboy of spiderman for saying that he can do more than he "can"?

CorderaMitchell
I agree, I know that he wins in the comics, but he's not beating him on these boards... more often that not...

leonidas
<<You can find plenty of poor showings for any character.>>

so why aren't they equally relevent when used as counterpoints to the good showings? if someone (and i'm not speaking strictly of wolvie here) were to post a bunch of these 'poor showings' the first thing that would be claimed by wolvie defenders is that they are PIS/CIS. if you show the best, you gotta accept the worst and realize the true character is likely in NEITHER of those places but somewhere between.

CorderaMitchell

so why aren't they equally relevent when used as counterpoints to the good showings? if someone (and i'm not speaking strictly of wolvie here) were to post a bunch of these 'poor showings' the first thing that would be claimed by wolvie defenders is that they are PIS/CIS. if you show the best, you gotta accept the worst and realize the true character is likely in NEITHER of those places but somewhere between.

Thank you jeezus!!!!

reason..

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Creshosk
That's something we say alot. It's suprising how often it's revealed that the people doing the accusing of being fanboys admit to not reading the comics that the "fanboys" do.

Which leads me to ask, am I a fanboy for knowing more about the character and supporting him in things he has done before?

I mean if I were to argue spiderman being able to lift 15 tons to a group that hadn't read the issues during and after he got an upgrade, would that group call me a fanboy of spiderman for saying that he can do more than he "can"?

No, what you do is worse, you guys post a bunch of SHIT that is out of his league, and make up stories.

Examples of some of their arguments.

"Wolverine is faster than the speed of sound"
" Muscles work by pushing not pulling"
" wolverine can't die"
" wolverine heals BEFORE the damage is delivered."
" wolverine can't die."
" Wolverine can't be knocked out by characters like colossus and thing."
" Wolverine is faster than spiderman"
" Wolverine has superhuman strength"
"Wolverine can jump 50 feet in the air."
" Leverage doesn't affect wolverine"
" Inertia doesn't affect wolverine."
" You MUST be faster than something to dodge it."
" It happened, just accept it."
" wolverine is cool and the best at what he does."
" Wolverine beat x so he beats xxx"

You then CONFRONT them on these subjects, and then they tangent, and call everyone "WOLVERINE HATERS"

Each and every single one of them.

Creshosk

so why aren't they equally relevent when used as counterpoints to the good showings?Because most of the time they are tried to be raised but are discarded anyway.

if someone (and i'm not speaking strictly of wolvie here) were to post a bunch of these 'poor showings' the first thing that would be claimed by wolvie defenders is that they are PIS/CIS.For wolverine they are attempted to be explained. But the explinations are discarded as well.

if you show the best, you gotta accept the worst and realize the true character is likely in NEITHER of those places but somewhere between. But characters also have showings that should be obviously ridiculous. But when finding the medium the anti- people seem to give more power to the negative showings to bring the person down further than the character regularly shows in the comics they regularly show up in.

Spiderman has Firelord on a high end, and being hit by a casually lobbed bomb as a low point.

Batman has taking shots from superman in a high end and being beaten up by a bunch of people that are "blind" as a low end.

Wolverine has taking shots from Namor on his high end and BEing laid up for weeks from a simple stab on a low end.

These seem to be some of the characters that are under hot debate, and as you can see they both have high and lows for preformences that they shouldn't be able to accomplish.

srankmissingnin
Is that leverage thing directed at me? I vaguely remember you using leverage in a post, and I replied that Wolverine had the advantage of leverage in the situation... not that it didnt effect him.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Is that leverage thing directed at me? I vaguely remember you using leverage in a post, and I replied that Wolverine had the advantage of leverage in the situation... not that it didnt effect him.

No, not you.

YOU are leagues better, trust me...

jinzin
cordera truly, I'm not trying to hype wolverine up but damn man, there really was no need to participate in the thread if you have nothing positive to contribute, again....this was at other people's request.....no need to come here and blantently insult people for no reason at all... bad form...........bad form indeed.

CorderaMitchell
cordera truly, I'm not trying to hype wolverine up but damn man, there really was no need to participate in the thread if you have nothing positive to contribute, again....this was at other people's request.....no need to come here and blantently insult people for no reason at all... bad form...........bad form indeed.

I know what you were doing, it wasn't aimed at you, this was between you and brainchild.

srankmissingnin

Most of the Wolverine feats brought up are established in the comics. If Wolverine had only taken half a dozen 100 hits and kept coming the we could say "this is an example of PIS," but as it stands he has dozens of examples of this. The same can be said for is strength, speed and even the standard showings of his healing factor. After so many showings, you need to except that it is part of his character.

jinzin
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
I know what you were doing, it wasn't aimed at you, this was between you and brainchild.

it doesn't matter if you were talking to me or not...it wasn't called for considering...

CorderaMitchell
it doesn't matter if you were talking to me or not...it wasn't called for considering...

What wasn't, someone brought up a point and it was answered, what wasn't called for?

CorderaMitchell
Most of the Wolverine feats brought up are established in the comics. If Wolverine had only taken half a dozen 100 hits and kept coming the we could say "this is an example of PIS," but as it stands he has dozens of examples of this. The same can be said for is strength, speed and even the standard showings of his healing factor. After so many showings, you need to except that it is part of his character.

That makes sense, but alot of these happen for story arc too...

Like the healing factor is usually suited to the writers needs, if you see where I'm coming from, like bats toolbelt.

Creshosk
it doesn't matter if you were talking to me or not...it wasn't called for considering... Why is he even in this thread?

What is he trying to accomplish?

CorderaMitchell
Why is he even in this thread?

What is he trying to accomplish?

Same could be said to you...

jinzin
My god, I love how all the wolvie boys gather on here, and cluster**** everyone to sleep.

I think that there's about 5, let me count again...

this wasn't called for....period.

jinzin
That makes sense, but alot of these happen for story arc too...

Like the healing factor is usually suited to the writers needs, if you see where I'm coming from, like bats toolbelt.

again, how would you know when you barely read any wolverine comics?

CorderaMitchell
this wasn't called for....period.

He was doing his annoying nutswinging, and I knew who it was aimed at....

Creshosk
this wasn't called for....period. Well I guess that answers my question, he's simply in here to harass the wolverine fans.

Darkstorm Zero
I have a question... Does the question really matter so much that people are willing to hurl the flaming stick at eachother?

CorderaMitchell
again, how would you know when you barely read any wolverine comics?

What are you blabbing about?

Does his healing have an established level?

I read xmen everyday, stop scapegoating...

CorderaMitchell
Well I guess that answers my question, he's simply in here to harass the wolverine fans.

Please, like when you read my stuff when you want to?

jinzin
What are you blabbing about?

Does his healing have an established level?

I read xmen everyday, stop scapegoating...

established? no..it is contingent upon various factors...it does however opperate at higher and faster levels than you give it credit for.

CorderaMitchell
established? no..it is contingent upon various factors...it does however opperate at higher and faster levels than you give it credit for.

Its at a lower level than you give it credit for...

Certain factors, you mean like what the writers make it to be?

Yep, answered your own question there...

Like leo said, this is an infinite loop, and I have made my point.

Peace...-+

jinzin
factors having to do with the amount of energy he possesses at the time....

a point that you constantly ignore....

a lower factor than I give it credit for? he healed from his flesh being completelt irradicated from his bones, from a nuke, from being nearly burned alive in 4 panals, from the freakin SUN, the fact is these are SOME of his high end feats, and I don't even agree with them...but wolverine is shown to consistantly take TONS of damage without his healing factor being taxed out like you think it would be.

Darkstorm Zero
.............Enough.......

Wolverine, like any fictional character that is seen on more than one type of media, or written about by more than one writer, is going to fall prey to the exact cause of this debate.

Now, obviously those in support of a character are going to use their high end showings as feats in a debate like this (Example, Cordera's use of Ryu At Max. vs Grevious argument that Ryu's Current max showing officially is in SF3 3rd strike... therefore lowering Ryu's standards considerably)

No matter what side of an argument your on, your character and your opponents will fall prey to this problem, it is unavoidable, and is bound to start arguments like this, so I reccomend on finding mutual grounds on any characters given abilities, find what is suitable and not for any given debate, and work from there.

CorderaMitchell
factors having to do with the amount of energy he possesses at the time....

a point that you constantly ignore....

a lower factor than I give it credit for? he healed from his flesh being completelt irradicated from his bones, from a nuke, from being nearly burned alive in 4 panals, from the freakin SUN, the fact is these are SOME of his high end feats, and I don't even agree with them...but wolverine is shown to consistantly take TONS of damage without his healing factor being taxed out like you think it would be.

A point that I ignore?

You mean how you seem to think his eating breakfast has to do with hitting a car, making a significant difference?

They are entertainers not doctors, its based on writer to writer.

When he figths guys like hulk its higher, he fights ogun, archangel, marrow, and DD, its lower.

Meant to suit the writers needs, and some fanboys don't see this, so they overrate him.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero

Wolverine, like any fictional character that is seen on more than one type of media, or written about by more than one writer, is going to fall prey to the exact cause of this debate.

Now, obviously those in support of a character are going to use their high end showings as feats in a debate like this (Example, Cordera's use of Ryu At Max. vs Grevious, Current max showing in SF3 3rd strike...)

No matter what side of an argument your on, yyour character and your opponentswill fall prey to this problem, it is unavoidable, and is bound to start arguments like this, so I reccomend on finding mutual grounds on any characters given abilities, find what is suitable and not for any given debate, and work from there.

Agreed...

Creshosk
established? no..it is contingent upon various factors...it does however opperate at higher and faster levels than you give it credit for. That's what I was talking aobut earlier. We try to explain it and the explination is discarded.

Like when he first met Jubilee, he had been crucified after a fight with the Reavers, and left for dead for a few days. So for sometime after that his healing factor was weakened.

Or the fight with Shingen, shingen had saturated his blood with poison.

Or with Magneto ripping the adamantium off of his bones was a massive damage . . .

jinzin

Now, obviously those in support of a character are going to use their high end showings as feats in a debate like this (Example, Cordera's use of Ryu At Max. vs Grevious argument that Ryu's Current max showing officially is in SF3 3rd strike... therefore lowering Ryu's standards considerably)

No matter what side of an argument your on, your character and your opponents will fall prey to this problem, it is unavoidable, and is bound to start arguments like this, so I reccomend on finding mutual grounds on any characters given abilities, find what is suitable and not for any given debate, and work from there.

there's a big difference there though.....cordera thinks of ryu at his maximum POTENTIAL when he's discussing the character...ryu has never been seen at his maximum potential..all we know is that he's on his way and will get there eventually.

wolverine however HAS ACTUALLY DONE the things we've said he can do, we have proof, not just speculation (which is something else entirely)

not the best analogy my friend.

jinzin
A point that I ignore?

You mean how you seem to think his eating breakfast has to do with hitting a car, making a significant difference?

They are entertainers not doctors, its based on writer to writer.

When he figths guys like hulk its higher, he fights ogun, archangel, marrow, and DD, its lower.

Meant to suit the writers needs, and some fanboys don't see this, so they overrate him.

how is it lower again when fighting those people? What the f**k?

oh that's right you haven't read the books, you wouldn't know.

Darkstorm Zero
there's a big difference there though.....cordera thinks of ryu at his maximum POTENTIAL when he's discussing the character...ryu has never been seen at his maximum potential..all we know is that he's on his way and will get there eventually.

wolverine however HAS ACTUALLY DONE the things we've said he can do, we have proof, not just speculation (which is something else entirely)

Which is why I disagreed with Cordera during that debate...

However, as you've pointed out... All of Wolverine's Good and bad feats are written in stone, sort of speak.

So now, who has theright to choose which feats are good to use and which ones are PIS/CIS/Bad writing?

This second aspect of the debate adds a similar dimension as I mentioned earlier, in that no matter what side of the debate your on, your opponents will use bad feats to degrade your character, while using good ones to boost theirs.

srankmissingnin
Wolverine's healing factor was almost never operating at the best of its ability (Claremount was building up to something that never got accomplished) up until the removal of his adamantium at which point it was none existent, then good a large boost and then finally was set back to the best of what it should have been before he lost the adamantium if it was operating as it should.

There are many outside factors that have come in to play with Wolverine's healing factor over the years that make it's inconstancy more glaring then it really is.

EDIT: Did I write this... it confuses even me!

CorderaMitchell

No I didn't I said at his "best showings" he would win, everyone understood this, I don't know what you are talking about. I then said lower showings lose...

Selective reading, sign of a you-know-what.

Weren't you the same person, saying wolverine was a fighting legend of the future?

I only mentioned his potential in his storyline, but we were right anyways, because we went over this with demi.

Creshosk
So now, who has theright to choose which feats are good to use and which ones are PIS/CIS/Bad writing? I would guess the ones that have actually read the comics to get a feel for what he does regularly.

I can admit to some outside of his ability, like Namor's punch, going into the sun, regenerating from a blood drop, and the like.

But why should a person who has not read them and has only heard about the extremes that has shown an obvious hatred for the character decide?

CorderaMitchell
Wolverine's healing factor was almost never operating at the best of its ability (Claremount was building up to something that never got accomplished) up until the removal of his adamantium at which point it was none existent, then good a large boost and then finally was set back to the best of what it should have been before he lost the adamantium if it was operating as it should.

There are many outside factors that have come in to play with Wolverine's healing factor over the years that make it's inconstancy more glaring then it really is.

EDIT: Did I write this... it confuses even me!

Most of it is speculation however, we could guess at the reasons that it is, but his popularity has played a large role...

jinzin
Which is why I disagreed with Cordera during that debate...

However, as you've pointed out... All of Wolverine's Good and bad feats are written in stone, sort of speak.

So now, who has theright to choose which feats are good to use and which ones are PIS/CIS/Bad writing?

This second aspect of the debate adds a similar dimension as I mentioned earlier, in that no matter what side of the debate your on, your opponents will use bad feats to degrade your character, while using good ones to boost theirs.

true I agree with that last paragraph completely....

IMO we have to take both the good with the bad and find a happy medium.....wolverine's been decribed as peak human yet he's done multiple things that a human can't do, so he must have slightly above peak human levels....

he's been rattled by a few blows from decent fighters of low strength levels but then he's seen taking class 100 shots on a semi-regular basis and just getting back up from them...so obviously his durabilitie's way higher than say a class 50 character....but galacticstrom made a good point....a class 50 shot should be a dead certain to knock logan out IF he isn't fighting back.....during a fight you can't put everything into a punch because of various circumstances...i.e. avoiding getting stabbed...

his healing factors hard to guage but I would say that he's been shown to consistantly take LOADS of damage and keep fighting.....him taking a nuke and surviving the sun however? no.

CorderaMitchell
I would guess the ones that have actually read the comics to get a feel for what he does regularly.

I can admit to some outside of his ability, like Namor's punch, going into the sun, regenerating from a blood drop, and the like.

But why should a person who has not read them and has only heard about the extremes that has shown an obvious hatred for the character decide?

Why should one who has read too many, and has an obvious bias decide?

jinzin
No I didn't I said at his "best showings" he would win, everyone understood this, I don't know what you are talking about. I then said lower showings lose...

Selective reading, sign of a you-know-what.

Weren't you the same person, saying wolverine was a fighting legend of the future?

I only mentioned his potential in his storyline, but we were right anyways, because we went over this with demi.

the thing is half of those so called showings are game endings which don't coincide with the canon material...in th canon material he has trouble with balrog...big difference there.

jinzin
Most of it is speculation however, we could guess at the reasons that it is, but his popularity has played a large role...

who's hasn't? What the f**k?

Darkstorm Zero
And that my friend isthe million dollar question, in my mind, debates need mediators from problems exactly like this.

But mysecond theory is to reach common ground, decidefrom the start whats good and whats bad and go from there.

jinzin
Why should one who has read too many, and has an obvious bias decide?

you dind;t answer his question...but defending a character to do things he's proven he could do really isn't biased... at least we can back up our claims...

jinzin
wow..that's not a bad idea...could drop the amount of fighting dramatically..

CorderaMitchell
the thing is half of those so called showings are game endings which don't coincide with the canon material...in th canon material he has trouble with balrog...big difference there.

No, uh try again.

This is why sf debates are bad.

Some say games ARE canon, some say they aren't, some read the bios, some go off of the movies, etc.

Go to " versus fanboy test.", we've been over this with demi.

He said that 2nd strike was canon, and third wasn't.

Again, I don't think the game endings were that usable, and wasn't going off of them, you must be referring to akuma there.

The games have the up to date storyline..

Its confusing.

CorderaMitchell
you dind;t answer his question...but defending a character to do things he's proven he could do really isn't biased... at least we can back up our claims...

I answered it none the less.

He did it, isn't a good argument, there has to be logic parameters in a debate.

Back up, with a showing or biased pics, that equals good debating to some.

I posted several things you guys regurlarly say that don't make sense.

jinzin
when debating ryu, I use an amalgam of all his showings, games comics, mangas, doshin, and animes...his strongest incarnation thus far was in alpha the movie...

Creshosk
you dind;t answer his question...but defending a character to do things he's proven he could do really isn't biased... at least we can back up our claims... Did he just say someone with less knowledge has a better understanding of a character?

Darkstorm Zero
Ok, so what i'm getting basically is thatyou guys don't trust eachother to debate fairly, am I right?

jinzin
I answered it none the less.

He did it, isn't a good argument, there has to be logic parameters in a debate.

Back up, with a showing or biased pics, that equals good debating to some.

I posted several things you guys regurlarly say that don't make sense.

you're missing the point...I can back up the claim that wolverine can take class 100 shots because I have a plethora of books where he's done it...

you say that he's getting beat up and KOed by people at street levels, but you can't back up how because you don't know.

you're making the same mistake whob did...my argument is not "he did it"

it's "he's done it....................ALOT, therefore we must accept it as part of his character" just like what srank was reffering to.

CorderaMitchell
when debating ryu, I use an amalgam of all his showings, games comics, mangas, doshin, and animes...his strongest incarnation thus far was in alpha the movie...

Thats why its hard to debate, because thats what I tried to do.

Demi said comics, and then he said "canon".

A little of everything is canon.

Discuss it on versus games, people understand it.

The problem is that people on this forum don't really know who ryu is, and just defend their character.

CorderaMitchell
Did he just say someone with less knowledge has a better understanding of a character?

NO...

jinzin
Did he just say someone with less knowledge has a better understanding of a character?

yes, that's basically what it equates to...this is why I find his claims on PIS/CIS to be odd...how would he know? how does he know what's consistant or not for wolverine...he's just going off other people's arguments and picking up what he likes to hear....

Creshosk
Ok, so what i'm getting basically is thatyou guys don't trust eachother to debate fairly, am I right? No, I don't trust him to debate fairly.

CorderaMitchell
you're missing the point...I can back up the claim that wolverine can take class 100 shots because I have a plethora of books where he's done it...

you say that he's getting beat up and KOed by people at street levels, but you can't back up how because you don't know.

you're making the same mistake whob did...my argument is not "he did it"

it's "he's done it....................ALOT, therefore we must accept it as part of his character" just like what srank was reffering to.

I understand that, did I question that he ever fought this and that?

Same with precog.

You cannot GAUGE those hits, just like when you said batman can ROLL out of certain hits, etc etc.

jinzin
Ok, so what i'm getting basically is thatyou guys don't trust eachother to debate fairly, am I right?

nobody trusts me that's for damned sure...I mean hell I post fights from beginning to end but don't trust jinzin his scans are biased...lol.

CorderaMitchell
No, I don't trust him to debate fairly.

I don't need to cheat to put you down, you on the otherhand, tried to say wolverine was faster than spiderman.

I don't make these piece of shit arguments.

I don't mind feats, but use logic.

CorderaMitchell
nobody trusts me that's for damned sure...I mean hell I post fights from beginning to end but don't trust jinzin his scans are biased...lol.

Yep, tis because of a certain LOVE.

CorderaMitchell

How's the ELITES vs PREDATORS going?

jinzin
I understand that, did I question that he ever fought this and that?

Same with precog.

You cannot GAUGE those hits, just like when you said batman can ROLL out of certain hits, etc etc.

actually I can...we already equated speed to power...if a character is at a strength class of ten and hits bats with the intention to kill and he claims that he'd be splattered if not for his skill, it becomes easier to gauge.

jinzin
I don't need to cheat to put you down, you on the otherhand, tried to say wolverine was faster than spiderman.

I don't make these piece of shit arguments.

I don't mind feats, but use logic.

who ever said that? What the f**k?

Creshosk
nobody trusts me that's for damned sure...I mean hell I post fights from beginning to end but don't trust jinzin his scans are biased...lol. At least I have'nt seen you intentionally exagerate the other perosn's claim against the person. That's why I would debate with you if I found myself on the opposite side of a fence from you.

CorderaMitchell
actually I can...we already equated speed to power...if a character is at a strength class of ten and hits bats with the intention to kill and he claims that he'd be splattered if not for his skill, it becomes easier to gauge.

No you cannot man.

If I got hit by wonder woman, can I say I was hit by this much force, if I survived it,no.

Use logic.

CorderaMitchell
At least I have'nt seen you intentionally exagerate the other perosn's claim against the person. That's why I would debate with you if I found myself on the opposite side of a fence from you.

You did on bats vs spidey, and haven't supported our side once, you cluster****ed.

srankmissingnin
PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE, everyone in there right mind knows that jinzin uses his vast mental powers to place images in our minds when we read comics that suit his dark purposes... no one has ever read the REAL comic marvel intended to release.

Darkstorm Zero
Debating fairly essentially means not hurling the flaming stick and being able to back up your factual claims with proof.

I have to admit that my comic book knowlege has waned over the years, I do try to debate intelligently on the characters I know, and I look for evidence or corroboration from other members. Thats why I'm not in the Comiv vs foirum very much, but I don't like to see people arguing over something as simplistic as this. the solution is right there guys, find the common ground, and debate the fights the right way.

CorderaMitchell
PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE, everyone in there right mind knows that jinzin uses his vast mental powers to place images in our minds when we read comics that suit his dark purposes... no one has ever read the REAL comic marvel intended to release.

You have shown me the light...

jinzin

laughing out loud
laughing out loud
laughing out loud
laughing out loud
laughing out loud

OMFG!

CorderaMitchell
Debating fairly essentially means not hurling the flaming stick and being able to back up your factual claims with proof.

I have to admit that my comic book knowlege has waned over the years, I do try to debate intelligently on the characters I know, and I look for evidence or corroboration from other members. Thats why I'm not in the Comiv vs foirum very much, but I don't like to see people arguing over something as simplistic as this. the solution is right there guys, find the common ground, and debate the fights the right way.

Or making some sense, I agree there...

Creshosk
Debating fairly essentially means not hurling the flaming stick and being able to back up your factual claims with proof. On these boards proof is comic book feats, which are of course. . . .

Inconsistant.

CorderaMitchell
On these boards proof is comic book feats, which are of course. . . .

Inconsistant.

Or stupid, when they don't make sense...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>