Jar Jar Binks Is In Return Of The Jedi!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JLRTENJAC
At the end of ROTJ you can hear Jar Jar Binks say "Wesa free" on the DVD special edition! If you want proof watch the DVD with subtitles ON because it shows up in that!

Lil Krueger
NOOO!!! MY EARS ARE DESTROYED!!! NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

DarkAge
OH MY GOD, DAMN YOU LUCAS!!!

JLRTENJAC
Now noone can kill off Jar Jar untill after episode 6. what if he *gulp* shows up in the next book series...

theredbaron
I think ROTJ was probably the worst affected (from GL's deteriorated mind) on this DVD set...

Someone should have banned him from touching Star Wars EVER AGAIN.

snake_eyes616
death

Sesse
So if we physically meet jarjar in the beginning of Episode 1 and hear him in the end of episode 6, that means that he is the character, who we have seen the longest time in the flesh in the movies... Palpatine was a hologram in the beginning of ep1 and he died at the end of the ep6... So Star wars is about JAR JAR. Eaven the droids aren't introduced as early as is this JAR JAR! Damnit...

edit: So that no smartass can interfere.... Palpatine of course was not a hologram, but to us he was presented as one!

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by theredbaron
I think ROTJ was probably the worst affected (from GL's deteriorated mind) on this DVD set...

I still think he should do 7, 8, and 9 just to finish out his dream. Even if they are like the prequils... but he won't, he is going to artisy stuff. mad

DarkAge
Originally posted by theredbaron

I agree, Anakin's ghost being younger than when he died made no god damn sense at all.

Bad Wolf
Calm down ppl it mite not have been jar jar it mite have just been a gungan!

amity75
You maniacs! Goddamn you all to hell Lucasfilm!

Mainstream
Originally posted by amity75
You maniacs! Goddamn you all to hell Lucasfilm!

greenpeepants

Captain REX
Anyone who even cares that anything from the PT was in the OT needs to stop whining like little children...right...about...now...

*blows up everything*

I really don't care if Jar Jar appears anywhere. You pansies.

JLRTENJAC
that's what you think.

Tptmanno1
Nicly said Rex

and JLR, your first post is one of the more stupid things I've heard...

JLRTENJAC
BAH...

Ogami Itto
WHY???????? it was fine the way it was

JLRTENJAC
Yea, my point exactly. The man changes his work all the time! although when he redid the OT the first time, well that is what opened me up to Star Wars, I didn't like the Original OT... at least when I was young... Haven't seen it lately.

SS_181st_Snow
Amen Jac. And what's your sig mean? I know twilight is the new game, but who's tingle? Did you take your meds?

JLRTENJAC
I sent you a PM with tingle's pic.

Captain REX
Originally posted by JLRTENJAC
that's what you think.

Yeah, actually, it is what I think.

I understand why GL keeps changing the OT; he wants everything linked, one complete circle. It'll never be perfect, but he wants to try.

And that's when all the fanboys start complaining.

"Gasp! Jar Jar was on screen for all of five second in ROTJ! Movie ruined!"

STFU! *smack* bangin

Jar Jar was a fine character. Wasn't the greatest of all time, but he was fine.

DarthGenises
In an interview GL stated the OT movies were 50% to 60% completed due to 70s and 80s and lack of money (When filming ANH).

Jerico
Yes no doubt George "Deranged" Lucas really wanted a 20 year old aborigional standing there as a ghost instead of someone of appropriate age ex-Vader

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by Captain REX

I understand why GL keeps changing the OT; he wants everything linked, one complete circle. It'll never be perfect, but he wants to try.

STFU! *smack* bangin

yes

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Jerico
Yes no doubt George "Deranged" Lucas really wanted a 20 year old aborigional standing there as a ghost instead of someone of appropriate age ex-Vader

Actually the original Vader was more perfect than Hayden, The OT takes place 20 years after the PT, so Hayden was FAR too young to be put in ROTJ. It was too unrealistic.

JLRTENJAC

STFU! *smack* bangin

He should have left Jar Jar and Hayden out... I like the small changes, the make it more star wars-ish but jar jar and hayden must GO! Even though he should have molded the PT to the OT... Not the other way around!

PVS
how is this news? the dvd has been out for quite some time.

why not just start a thread called: OMFG!!!!! VADER IS LUKES FATHER!!!!!11111111

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by PVS
how is this news? the dvd has been out for quite some time.

why not just start a thread called: OMFG!!!!! VADER IS LUKES FATHER!!!!!11111111

Did I say this was news? NO! now please leave before I give you more "Lemonade"!

SS_181st_Snow
WHAT!? VADER IS LUKES FATHER!? WTF! NO WAY!

You walked into that one PVS.

JLRTENJAC
HAHAHA eek!

PVS
and just to piss you off even more, notice also that jar jar (or whatever gungan) speaks the last line of the SW saga laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud aint THAT a b!tch!!!!!!!

SS_181st_Snow
Omg he's right...I declare we begin an angry mob and head for Skywalker Ranch! We'll send one infantry in to clear out the place, send in backup as needed. And have some air support just in case Lucas breaks out his X Wings. And for those poor jedi he has captured in his chamber, we'll counter by training our own in the ways of the Sith. A select few will go after the big prize himself, and after we capture him and make him change the movies to the original forms, we'll take over Skywalker Ranch and make it KMC Ranch.

I spend way too much time not sleeping.

JLRTENJAC
HAHAHA eek!

OMG he's right... well in the movies anyways but EU he doesn't big grin .

Originally posted by SS_181st_Snow
Omg he's right...I declare we begin an angry mob and head for Skywalker Ranch! We'll send one infantry in to clear out the place, send in backup as needed. And have some air support just in case Lucas breaks out his X Wings. And for those poor jedi he has captured in his chamber, we'll counter by training our own in the ways of the Sith. A select few will go after the big prize himself, and after we capture him and make him change the movies to the original forms, we'll take over Skywalker Ranch and make it KMC Ranch.

HAHA laughing

Captain REX
He should have left Jar Jar and Hayden out... I like the small changes, the make it more star wars-ish but jar jar and hayden must GO! Even though he should have molded the PT to the OT... Not the other way around!

Jar Jar isn't a small change? He's on screen for all of three seconds. I would call that a small change.

It's childish that ANYONE complain about any changes, especially something as small as Jar Jar appearing for three seconds in the OT. Gasp, the horror!

*thwaps everyone*

PVS
the second i saw jarjar in rotj, i snatched the dvd out, threw the dvd set in the middle of the road, doused it with gasoline, set it ablaze, and pissed on the ashes.

JLRTENJAC
Jar Jar isn't a small change? He's on screen for all of three seconds. I would call that a small change.

It's childish that ANYONE complain about any changes, especially something as small as Jar Jar appearing for three seconds in the OT. Gasp, the horror!

*thwaps everyone*

Never said it was a big change... I honastly didn't think this thread would last this long... I just started it out of rage!

Darth JLRTENJAC
WOW It's still open!

Solo_Shodan
Actually, the worst change I thought was in ESB. When R2 is spit from the swamp and Luke helps him up, he says, "You should be more careful." I cannot believe they took out one of the best lines in that movie:

"You're lucky you don't taste very good."

WHY CHANGE THAT?!?!!? Anyone?

PVS
because, when GL made the original, he didnt have the budget to have luke say "you should be more careful". but today, thanks to computer technology, he was able to go back and fix the scene to make it true to his original vision.

Darth JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Solo_Shodan
Actually, the worst change I thought was in ESB. When R2 is spit from the swamp and Luke helps him up, he says, "You should be more careful." I cannot believe they took out one of the best lines in that movie:

"You're lucky you don't taste very good."

WHY CHANGE THAT?!?!!? Anyone?
WHAT?! I agree that is a STUPID change

Originally posted by PVS
because, when GL made the original, he didnt have the budget to have luke say "you should be more careful". but today, thanks to computer technology, he was able to go back and fix the scene to make it true to his original vision.

OMG!

Pielover666
People people people. Don't complain about JarJar in the DVD edition. That's the only edition he's in, and the ORIGINAL had a lack of JarJar. Don't go with the DVD's and all their changes and stuff.....LISTEN TO THE ORiGINAL!

Darth JLRTENJAC
Yes, but the fact remains... GEORGE LUCAS WAS STUPID ENOUGH TO CREATE JAR JAR IN THE FIRST PLACE! He wasn't needed! He wasn't wanted! So why make him!

Solo_Shodan
Actually, he was needed. GL needed a fool-like character to be tricked in ROTS. If you'll remember, in that movie, Palpatine and another were talking about needing someone bold enough to make a motion in the Senate for the Chancellor to receive emergency powers. They made sure to talk about it in front of Jar Jar and make sure they mentioned that if Senator Amidala were available, she would do it. Jar Jar, being gullible and a friend of Padme's, did it himself as the Senator of the Gungans.

So, in reality, Jar Jar was a necessary character. He was just really f'ing annoying!!

Dirty Vader
Bah that bastard...

ROTJ is my favourite. To see the Jabba's palace silly music scene added annoyed me. The change of ewok music frustrated me. To see Young anakin in it, enraged me. That jar jar thing pisses me off to no end.

Original ROTJ was a masterpeice, everything that was added after that, was a miss.

Darth JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Solo_Shodan
Actually, he was needed. GL needed a fool-like character to be tricked in ROTS. If you'll remember, in that movie, Palpatine and another were talking about needing someone bold enough to make a motion in the Senate for the Chancellor to receive emergency powers. They made sure to talk about it in front of Jar Jar and make sure they mentioned that if Senator Amidala were available, she would do it. Jar Jar, being gullible and a friend of Padme's, did it himself as the Senator of the Gungans.

So, in reality, Jar Jar was a necessary character. He was just really f'ing annoying!!

That wasn't ROTS that was AOTC. But they could have used some other character they didn't NEED Jar Jar.

Darth JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Dirty Vader
Original ROTJ was a masterpeice, everything that was added after that, was a miss.

My point exactally

Darth JLRTENJAC
Jar Jar Sucks sick

Mainstream
Originally posted by Darth JLRTENJAC
Jar Jar Sucks sick

indeed

Council#13
Originally posted by Fierce Deity
At the end of ROTJ you can hear Jar Jar Binks say "Wesa free" on the DVD special edition! If you want proof watch the DVD with subtitles ON because it shows up in that!

maybe thats a different gungan...

overlord
Why do you reply to comments from so long ago?
They will most likely never read it.

Tangible God
Actually I think, "Assuredly will never read it," is more accurate.

Next Venom_girl
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! vader

Sesse
Once more the Gungans will rule the galaxy.... And we shall have piss.

Darth Venom
On the Commentary for the return of the jedi George Lucas says that its not jar jar talking.

I like to think that Jar-Jar was killed in ROTS.
BUT SADLY ITS NOT TRUE mad

beedubaya
At least we don't see Jar Jar as part of the Millennium Falcon crew in A New Hope.

xyz jedi
Why did GL fvck up on the DVD? I've got the special edition video and it's my fave film. But Around here lot's of people complain about it. ROTJ is the best.

Council#13
Originally posted by Darth Venom

I like to think that Jar-Jar was killed in ROTS.
BUT SADLY ITS NOT TRUE mad

Yes, sadly

mace=badass
Well it was Naboo, the homeworld for Gungans, I'm assuming it was a different one.

beedubaya
Jar Jar's line is 2 seconds long and you have to listen for it to hear it, why is that such a big deal? Personally, I wouldn't have had it in there, but it doesn't ruin the movie. I think adding the Jedi temple and senate in the Coruscant scene was worse.

mace=badass
Dude, why was that bad? Palpatine used that as one of his offices.

Shadow x 20
Let me get this straight. You're complaining about hearing Jar Jar in ROTJ but you have to have subtitles on to even know it was him.

DarthMaul9123
do u even know its jar jar anyone can say weesa free, could have been the queen or even a storm trooper mocking Jar Jar, he yeah it was someone making fun of jar jar......please be that

Shadow x 20
How do you know it was Jar Jar. The Special Edition Return of the Jedi came out a few years before the Phantom Meance and how do we know Lucas even made up Jar Jar yet.

Stealth Agent
Originally posted by SS_181st_Snow

laughing

Stealth Agent
& yea who the **** bitchs about these tiny small ass changes

the movie is still good
it has no overall effect in anway

chill, be happy, be cool, smile dont hate smile

overlord
Yeah, I think they should place Jar Jar in all OT movies just for really cool easter egg appearances. It will be so amazingly funny!!!!!!

Look, like this! \/ Whahaha!! Lucas so funny!
http://www.n-chicken.net/discoinferno/jarjarendstheempire.jpg

Aren't we happy that Jar Jar is such a comical releave?
What would SW be without him?

Cheska
Why does anybody care about hearing a line for 2 secs of a 2:20 min something film. It wasn't even him, and even if it was, WOW! IT RUINED THE WHOLE FILM FOR ME!!!! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO EDIT 2 SECS OF A VOICE IN IT!!!! WHAAAHHH!! I love Star Wars, especially the original trillogy, but that doesnt ruin a film, come on. Jar Jar was kind of annoying at times, but he was a decent character. Its GL films, he created them, let him complete whatever dream he wants to fufill! Its not worth killing him for. As long as he doesnt do something extremely crazy when editing his films 'again', than it wont be that bad, it might be good even. I heard some news that for the re-re-re release of IV, he's going to make Yoda 3d, and is going to make The Obi-Wan vs. Darth Vader scene a complete re design. A full 3Dfight mostly. Now that might be extreme, and kinda stupid on his part. PPL will probably flip when they see it, and not in a good way.

overlord
Nah.. Jar Jar still sucks..
He makes SW look stupid and childish..

Master Fisto
thats true, thats true...

Master Fisto
he was created to attract fat kids to star wars... sad

overlord
I can already picture it now..
Fat kid: "Oh boy! That Jar Jar looks delicious! I have to see that movie!!"

Oh wait.. That sounds a bit odd. pirate

Twilight Janick
We don't see much of Jar Jar in ANH and TESB.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Twilight Janick
We don't see much of Jar Jar in ANH and TESB. HMMMMMMMMMMMMM??????????????

I wonder why!

Stun
Jar Jar isn't a one man band ya knowWhat the f**k? they're are millions of gungans, so what makes people think it was him!?

it pisses me off when you get some people who screamed Threepio! when TC-14 came onscreenlaughing out loud

overlord
I still haven't seen the actual scene.
But I think Lucas would be crazy enough to even consider it! laughing

Just look at all the familiar people who we come across in the PT!
You'd almost say that all planets in the SW galaxy are just like towns..

DrDoom101
Originally posted by DarkAge
I agree, Anakin's ghost being younger than when he died made no god damn sense at all. because that ghost was of the young and real Anakin SKywalker. The guy you see in teh suit during the OT is Darth Vader. The Spirit Ghost is just a continuation of Anakin Skywalker. Basically Anakin lived from TPM to ROTS, died, and rebirth as Anakin Skywalker

willman
jar jar lived in coruscant at da end of the prequils, he is probably still there in the original trilogy, it cud have been any other gungan.

Cascador
Originally posted by ESB - 1138
How do you know it was Jar Jar. The Special Edition Return of the Jedi came out a few years before the Phantom Meance and how do we know Lucas even made up Jar Jar yet.

watch the special edition again...you'll see Jar Jar isn't in it...you'll see Naboo isn't in it...the Naboo celebration was added for the DVD edition...and my bet is that it was Jar Jar...only him could have such a stupid voice! lol

CBright7831
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/jarjarbinks/index.html

Doesn't say he was in ROTJ, yet it says Gungans were in ROTJ. Then again, Boss Nass and Tarkin were in ROTS, but it doesn't say so in their databanks.

I don't think it was him, but I have to say that this thread is hilarious.

With my free 14-day Hyperspace account I listednt to that interview with Rob Coleman and Frank Oz and at the end, they ask Rob about Jar Jar who was to ashamed to even talk about him and Rick McCallum had to come in to make the save followed by Frank telling everyone that he loved Jar Jar.

overlord
I've seen RotJ yesterday, I saw some vague creatures jumping up and down on a building at Naboo. It could've been gungans but to just conclude that those guys were Jar Jar's is just gay..

steverules
Maybe Jar Jar was Darth Vader like in overlords sig and the darth vader in ROTJ was an imposter. LOL laughing

overlord
Hmmm.. That's an insightful approach to this hard subject, I will include it in my next theories.

steverules
Yeah you can, but don't forget to mention how you're buddy Steverules helped you out.LOL laughing wink

overlord
Thank you..

steverules
No problem. wink Happy to help out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.