Would have you liked it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarecrow756
Would you guys have liked it if in ROTJ instead of Emperor Palpatine firing Sith lightning at Luke but instead fight him one on one with a lightsaber. Tell me what you think.

DeVi| D0do
That would have sucked.

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by Scarecrow756
Would you guys have liked it if in ROTJ instead of Emperor Palpatine firing Sith lightning at Luke but instead fight him one on one with a lightsaber. Tell me what you think.

this thread is worded funny... it bugs me... but "No" I wouldnt like it

Darth243
Now if Vader fought sids with a saber, that would have been a sight to see

nate100
I dont know if it would have been better but it would have been different (obviously) and personally speaking i would have liked to have seen what it would have looked like, but im happy with how it is to be honest.

And Vader rucking off with the Emperor? who wouldn't like to see that?!!

DeVi| D0do
*raises hand*

DenKi
Yes i would of liked to of seen it, simply because we would See Luke Win and see how weak and old sidious truly is at that time. They Vadar would stop the fight before Luke won..

Darth_Janus
*Hands DenKi a spellchecker*

No, I'd have hated the idea of the Emperor using a lightsaber, something he wouldn't use since Vader was his trusted lapdog. I didn't really like the idea of Yoda sabering it up... I think the PT went wrong with all the mad saber duels. The one thing I do like about the OT is that it doesn't suffer from an excess of jedi.

theredbaron
Yeah, in the OT, battles between Sith and Jedi are a special occasion, the climactic point of the film.

Solo_Shodan
No, because then Luke would be dead. Master Yoda couldn't beat Palpatine one on one. What makes anyone think Luke could do better?

Dan Skywalker
I love Palpatine dialgue with Luke while hes killing him, if there had been a duel, I doubt that that dialogue would have been in the movie. So id say keep the lightening, it showed Palpatines power, maybe it had more impact for people watching before the prequals where made.

Jerico
Palpatine cackling derangadly with mad lightsaber skills in Episode 3 was by far the worst part of the vomit inducing prequal trilogy, i would rather be harpooned in the eye than touch the final climatic duel of ROTJ, ****, i still get goosebumps when the orchestra is singing and Luke and Vader are dueling.

SS_181st_Snow
It would have been horrible. Personally, Sids should never have used a saber. He could've been sitting in his chair when the 4 jedi entered, and use either lightning or choke on the other 3, and have anakin run in as Mace was bringing his lightsaber down. That would have (hopefully) erased the Sids vs. Yoda fight that kept butting in when you got to the good parts of the Anakin and Obi-wan. Yoda with a saber was okay to me, he looked natural. And plus, who wouldn't wanna see the little green dude wield a little green saber?

Barker
no

overlord
Palpatine was only cool with a lightsaber when he fought Mace.
A next time would have spoiled it and it did. When he fought Yoda the impression he made on me totally dropped. He looked like a stupid mutant fighting another stupid mutant. Totally gay..
In the Return of the Jedi he displayed his superior power with force lightning, still he was defeated, it was perfect as it was.

Gryn Jabar
No, as Vader would get DESTROYED if Sids went all out.

Sorgo

Too bad the poor old Bastard has to walk around on a Cane.

commander gree
yes i would liked it becouse vader wouldnt die then

kegs202
It would have been interesting to see as a deleted scene but not as a new version of the movie.

jainasolo55
nah cuz theres less impact if vader saved luke from a lightsaber fight instead of saving him from the lightning cuz luke was totally helpless i never noticed this til now but vader had the same inside battle decideing what to do with mace/palps as he did with luke/papls...wow im slow stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.