searching...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riku harada
i'm looking for some new series of manga to read. does anyone have any suggestions about what and what not to read? i'd really appreciate it.

sai12
Well, first off, why don't we get a list of what you have already read? It would help to know what kind of manga you like to read smile

One I can say that you shouldn't read is The Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok....just soo confusing, they never introduce the characters. THey just pop in and you're supposed to be able to understand the story line. Argh...makes me angry :P

One I say anyone will enjoy is Yotsuba&!. Its just really funny. The person who did AzuManga Diaoh did it. Though I have to say I think I like Yotsuba better than Diaoh. :P

Well, let's hear it from you, what type do you want to read? smile

muserke
I really like the dragonball and dragonball z manga. They leave out all the boring conversations and episodes without meaning from the anime. And there's a lot of action.

moogleattack
My favs would have to be King of Hell, Rebirth, Chronicles of the Cursed Sword, and Chobits. Ragnarok is also good but there are only 10 so far and none looking to come in the future.

riku harada
Originally posted by sai12
Well, first off, why don't we get a list of what you have already read? It would help to know what kind of manga you like to read smile

One I can say that you shouldn't read is The Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok....just soo confusing, they never introduce the characters. THey just pop in and you're supposed to be able to understand the story line. Argh...makes me angry :P

One I say anyone will enjoy is Yotsuba&!. Its just really funny. The person who did AzuManga Diaoh did it. Though I have to say I think I like Yotsuba better than Diaoh. :P

Well, let's hear it from you, what type do you want to read? smile
okay. my list.

rebirth
chobits
shaolin sisters
demon diary
vampire game
alice 19th
chronicles of the cursed sword
sgt. frog
inuyasha
D.N.Angel (yeah!!!!!!!!!!!)
oh my goddess
tsubasa
cardcaptors
xxxholic
little shop of horrors
rave master
.hack//legend of twilight
shaman king (just book one. it was in the school library. it was funny)
1999 (or something like that again. book one. school library. interesting)
fruits basket (only up to 2 so far...)

i can't think of anymore right now.

riku harada
oh. i knew there was more:

ranma 1/2

sai12
Well, lets see then.....

Girl Got Game: Basketball may seem like the main focus of this manga, but its a shojo so its got a cute little love story wrapped up in it. I thought it was hilarious to read. Cross dressing is kind of the theme here. When the main character's dad enrolls her in the school, he enrolls her as a girl. He wants her to fulfill his dreams of being a NBA star. So there is where the story starts....

Imadoki: Short set, only 5 books long. Very cute, and well drawn. Lower class girl gets a scholarship to attend a very prestigious high school. She is teased relentlessly, but has one friend. They form the gardening society/club (Or something liek that...).

Hot Gimmick: Another great shojo title about a very odd love story. Heh...Its good, trust me :P

The Demon Ororon: Its only four volumes long. Please read it..please? The devil and an angel get together...what can be better than that :P

Wow, I really kinda suck at writing descriptions.....

Negima: Its hilarious. If you ever saw Love Hina you gotta read this one. Its a cute story, but has quite a bit of fan service. Just warning you ont hat one. I think its rated 16+ or something.

Psychic Academy: A future where there are psychics, AI the main character is a "late" bloomer. His talent doesn't come out until he is near high school age. But going to the psychic academy has its perks for him, his childhood friend goes there (Its a girl :P). There's a fair amount of fan service, but its a good story. Keeps you wanting to read more. Thus far it is 8 volumes in length.

PhD: Phantasy Degree: This is not your typical fantasy story. Its almost as if the demons are the good guys and the humans are the bad guys! They totally flipped the rolls. It has a good sense of humor and a pretty good plot thus far. (I've only read the 1st 3 volumes...)

Legal Drug: CLAMP. That's all I gotta say. I can see you're a CLAMP fan so you just have to read this one. And no, its not about getting messed up....no drugs of that nature. There is a hint of shonen-ai, but dont' let that bother you. The guys are just great to look at wink

Hikaru no Go!: For being about a boring game called GO, this really is quite the exciting manga. I have read 4 volumes of it and am eagerly awaiting to read more. Apparently this ran in Shonen Jump for quite some time (And still is...??) Lets say there's a ghost, a bit of love, competitions all over, and rivalry! YAY! Oh and some mystery!

Well, I don't feel like torturing you with more horrid descriptions. But if you wanna know more about any of those, or think those just suck and want me to list different ones...Let me know wink

Best of luck!!

Oh I also suggest picking up a copy of Shojo Beat....no expression

And now that I look at your list again....it barely has any shojo in it at all...what am I don't suggesting all that shojo??!

Lumenesca
I highly recommend Princess Ai and Revolutionary Girl Utena.

riku harada
okay. thanks guys. now i got to go to the store.

sai12
I hope you have a lot of money :P

demon_fox
how about chrono crusade?
thats a very asexual (wtf?) show.

Celestialgirl
hot gimmick is cool I bought the first volume the other day.
If you like Alice 19th try some of the other author's works like Ceres Celestial Legend or Fushigi Yuugi the Mysterious play.

I enjoy reading fruits baskets too right now #9 is my favourite

TheQuincy
Bleach. Excellent Anime

xvxInuyashaxvx
hello

xvxInuyashaxvx
g2g bye

chibiruto
hello....goodbye too you... oh and stick with sgt frog.... it rocks my socks.woohoohoohooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
hehe me lovey it.. but uh try bying a shonen jump for some good male on male (not gay) action....hehehe..great stuff.. uh lets see naruto, one piece naruto, shaman king, naruto, naruto narutonar...u...t...o

Japanese_wolf52
I like fullmetal alchemist. its funny

riku-chan
Originally posted by chibiruto
hello....goodbye too you... oh and stick with sgt frog.... it rocks my socks.woohoohoohooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
hehe me lovey it.. but uh try bying a shonen jump for some good male on male (not gay) action....hehehe..great stuff.. uh lets see naruto, one piece naruto, shaman king, naruto, naruto narutonar...u...t...o
i've read all but the last one. i can't find it anywhere. sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.